Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Aris Golf Co - Hero/Captain/Scout Balls

I just wanted to bring up a great ball that I happened to find while testing them this winter. After testing just about everything else out there, I decided on the Aris Golf Co. Hero for this season. It's a 4 piece, urethane ball that performs amazingly well. The distance of the ball is right on par with everything else from the Titleist AVX to the Callaway Chrome Soft and the price point puts it below the Snell MTB and Vice Pro Series. Overall, the Hero performs as well or better than everything else I've hit out there. 

Just a few details and thoughts on the Hero

Pros

- Cost: The $22.95 a box price is pretty decent for a tour level ball - free shipping kicks in at 4 dozen - so for under $100 you should make it through the season without an issue.
 - Availability: They have never had a stock issue or an issue shipping product from California to me in a a few days (ordered Saturday - received Tuesday).
 - Feel: The Hero feels like butter off the club face - firm butter, but just soft and smooth.
 - Spin: This ball stops on a dime! The good news is that you can hit rip back shots with these guys or you can just take a normal swing and the ball stops where it hits.

Cons

- Durability: The cover on the Hero is still a bit suspect to me. I managed 9 holes with one before I started to worry and by the 14th it looked pretty ratty.
 - That Logo: The logo is a bit "large" for my tastes, but it does make it easy to identify.
 - Locality: Is that a word? But finding them locally is impossible - they are mail order only and even with fast shipping - if you run out on Friday, you won't see them until Monday.

Overall, the Hero is an excellent value in a tour ball - even with the durability issues - and should be a ball to order a trial sleeve of when you start looking for a new performance ball. If you need a distance ball, definitely check out the Scout. If you're a middle of the road player, the Captain is a nice blend of the two. You can check them out at www.arisgolf.com

20190311_101035.jpg

IMG_-1gugf1.jpg

Edited by Waazzupppp

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

I guess for me if a ball can't make it through 18 because the cover sucks it doesn't really matter what the price point is.  There are too many other great options at very good prices to waste time with a ball like that.

Glad you found a ball you like though!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, Waazzupppp said:

I just wanted to bring up a great ball that I happened to find while testing them this winter. After testing just about everything else out there, I decided on the Aris Golf Co. Hero for this season. It's a 4 piece, urethane ball that performs amazingly well. The distance of the ball is right on par with everything else from the Titleist AVX to the Callaway Chrome Soft and the price point puts it below the Snell MTB and Vice Pro Series. Overall, the Hero performs as well or better than everything else I've hit out there. 

Just a few details and thoughts on the Hero

Pros

- Cost: The $22.95 a box price is pretty decent for a tour level ball - free shipping kicks in at 4 dozen - so for under $100 you should make it through the season without an issue.
 - Availability: They have never had a stock issue or an issue shipping product from California to me in a a few days (ordered Saturday - received Tuesday).
 - Feel: The Hero feels like butter off the club face - firm butter, but just soft and smooth.
 - Spin: This ball stops on a dime! The good news is that you can hit rip back shots with these guys or you can just take a normal swing and the ball stops where it hits.

Cons

- Durability: The cover on the Hero is still a bit suspect to me. I managed 9 holes with one before I started to worry and by the 14th it looked pretty ratty.
 - That Logo: The logo is a bit "large" for my tastes, but it does make it easy to identify.
 - Locality: Is that a word? But finding them locally is impossible - they are mail order only and even with fast shipping - if you run out on Friday, you won't see them until Monday.

Overall, the Hero is an excellent value in a tour ball - even with the durability issues - and should be a ball to order a trial sleeve of when you start looking for a new performance ball. If you need a distance ball, definitely check out the Scout. If you're a middle of the road player, the Captain is a nice blend of the two. You can check them out at www.arisgolf.com

20190311_101035.jpg

IMG_-1gugf1.jpg

How do you like those Sub 70 irons? They look sweet!