Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Where to find TALL size golf-wear?

Waazzupppp

Last August I started my journey to lose 100 pounds. I was wearing 4x shirts and big pants. Now, 70 pounds into my loss, I'm down to an XLT shirt and normal pants, but that "T" part creates all sorts of crazy problems when shopping for golf clothing. I look around my local stores, which I love to support, only to find "stock sizes" and nothing in tall. I look around that store again and see that the majority of guys in there could easily be fitted into an XLT instead of a 2x, but they just wear the baggy clothing instead of what actually fits. As a "long torso" guy, it's frustrating to see that stores don't stock or manufacturers don't make decent Tall Size offerings. So, with that said, are there any golfers on here that shop XLT and if so, where do you find your best deals on good stuff?

I know JC Penny's has been a life saver for me and my new golf gear, but I'd love to find more places that offer better selections of Tall Sizes.

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

No answer to your main question, but congratulations on your significant achievement!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Check dxl. I know Peter Millar has a big and tall department 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Although I don't normally wear a tall, I have a few shirts that I got from Dillards that are tall.  They stay tucked in better.  But they are all cotton which I like, not the "performance" shirts.  A little pricey, but they do have sales.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Last August I started my journey to lose 100 pounds. I was wearing 4x shirts and big pants. Now, 70 pounds into my loss, I'm down to an XLT shirt and normal pants, but that "T" part creates all sorts of crazy problems when shopping for golf clothing. I look around my local stores, which I love to support, only to find "stock sizes" and nothing in tall. I look around that store again and see that the majority of guys in there could easily be fitted into an XLT instead of a 2x, but they just wear the baggy clothing instead of what actually fits. As a "long torso" guy, it's frustrating to see that stores don't stock or manufacturers don't make decent Tall Size offerings. So, with that said, are there any golfers on here that shop XLT and if so, where do you find your best deals on good stuff?

I know JC Penny's has been a life saver for me and my new golf gear, but I'd love to find more places that offer better selections of Tall Sizes.

Can't help you with the shirts but congrats on losing 70 lbs. that's quite an achievement.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Good job on the weight loss.  @Kenny B mentioned Dillards, and I'd second that.  I've bought several Callaway shirts from them on sale for pretty cheap.  Don't know about tall, but they seem to have a pretty big selection.  I'd contribute checking out LL Bean online.  While they're mostly known for their hunting gear, I used to buy 2XLT dress shirts from them so they'd stay tucked in, and I know they offer polos.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Callaway Apparel has a big and tall section.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, McGolf said:

Callaway Apparel has a big and tall section.

Good to know thanks! I’ll check it out. Although I’m more the B than the T. DXL was mentioned I would recommend there. And my good friend Yer turned me on to   Gordman’s. They have a small but inexpensive and changing selection of B & T!

• 1 month later...

I feel your pain. Many places have “big and tall” but really should be just “big”. Pants start at 44 waist and stop at 32” inseam. I need 42”  waist and 36” inseam. Need 12” inseam on shorts—not made,   Shirts never long enough to tuck. Not many XLT options. UA has some tall sizes and their regular sizes are a bit longer. Would really like to find pants/ shirts long enough under $100, but seems like a pipe dream 6’8” 250 not a golfer bod I guess

“Golf does not build character, it reveals it”

• Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana D+ 60 stiff
  • Fairway: Titleist 913F Diamana D+82 stiff
  • Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana D+92 stiff
  • Irons: Titleist AP1 714 Aerotech i95 stiff
  • Wedges: Volkey SM5 50*55*60* True Temper S300
  • Putter: Tour X
  • Ball: Snell MTB

On 6/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, LVSteve said:

I feel your pain. Many places have “big and tall” but really should be just “big”. Pants start at 44 waist and stop at 32” inseam. I need 42”  waist and 36” inseam. Need 12” inseam on shorts—not made,   Shirts never long enough to tuck. Not many XLT options. UA has some tall sizes and their regular sizes are a bit longer. Would really like to find pants/ shirts long enough under $100, but seems like a pipe dream 6’8” 250 not a golfer bod I guess

Strewth, I could use 12” also, have considered buying long long pants and having them hemmed into shorts. For long pants, the best fitting I have found are UnderArmour Showdown, which come in 36” inseam even in smaller waist sizes. They are usually around $70; I’ll pick up another pair now and then when coupons come along.

Eddie Bauer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 2 months later...

There is all sorts of companies who have tall options, and range in prices. My go to lately have been Under Armor and Old Navy. Under Armor for name brand, and Old Navy for price. Old navy has polos and their pants and shorts -although the old navy pants say slim fit - I am 6'9" and about 300 pounds and order my normal size pants and they fit perfectly. 

Walter Hagen and Under Armour have a B&T line. WH has more patterns and designs where Under Armour is more solid colors. Most sporting goods stores will have Walter Hagen for discount (Dicks, Golf Galaxy, etc). JC Penney has a decent B&T selection online as does Kohls. I think they carry Nike, Izod and a few other brands that are usually good price and the polyester/Dri-fit material that works great in the heat. 

High five on that weight loss. Your future self thanks you! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain.

I haven't lost weight I'm just pretty tall and broad.

XL won't stay tucked and XXL looks like I'm wearing a tent.

Add in the fact that I live in WV which isn't anything near a shopping mecca and the pickings are slim.

Edited by Boogy

• 2 months later...

Congrats on the weight loss!

I can second LL Bean for their tall selection, I have good luck with under armour and the occasional adidas.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

• 5 months later...