TESTERS WANTED! ×

OGA Golf Tour partner wanted

pulledabill

Looking for a partner to team up in a few OGA Tour events.  No handicap needed but  I would prefer that you have one and be a member of the OGA so we can compete in net and gross.  I'm 51 and play to about a 7 currently but climbing a small amount due to injuries.  No concerned about your level as much as I just want to play some courses I don't normally play.  There is a senior (50 and older) and an open division.  I would play in either or. 

I'm looking for a partner to for these in order of preference as I doubt I will play them all.

6/25 (Tuesday) Arrowhead

5/29 (Wednesday) Orchard Hills

5/13 (Monday) Illlahee

5/1 (Wednesday) Reserve South Course

7/14 (Sunday) OGA

$160 a team if OGA member $200  non-member

Each player plays his own ball and the team scores the best ball. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Interesting. OGA is the Oregon Golf Association. Got it. The bothersome or perhaps problematic issue for you might be a player not having a handicap or one issued by the USGA. The Rules say that if you do not have a USGA handicap issued by the state or regional golf assoc. your handicap may be refused or reduced at their discretion. (no Ringers allowed) Additionally, if you or your partner choose to compete without a handicap you are not eligible for Net competition and additionally will play in Flight One which I guess is equivalent to a Championship Flight. That's no good either as most state golf associations are quite competitive. They sure are in Texas. So, unless you are scratch you can basically forget it. I recall a few years ago when I competed (if you can call it that) in the TGA - West Texas Sr. Amature. I couldn't believe how good these guys are. A rules official at the tournament told me, "these guys are professional amateurs". They smoked me. 2 and out with the proverbial trunk slammer.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'd love to do it, but with my pending knee surgery, I can't make any sort of plans.  That and I'm down in Medford and all the OGA events tend to be more suited to those living in the Portland to Eugene corridor.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Interesting. OGA is the Oregon Golf Association. Got it. The bothersome or perhaps problematic issue for you might be a player not having a handicap or one issued by the USGA. The Rules say that if you do not have a USGA handicap issued by the state or regional golf assoc. your handicap may be refused or reduced at their discretion. (no Ringers allowed) Additionally, if you or your partner choose to compete without a handicap you are not eligible for Net competition and additionally will play in Flight One which I guess is equivalent to a Championship Flight. That's no good either as most state golf associations are quite competitive. They sure are in Texas. So, unless you are scratch you can basically forget it. I recall a few years ago when I competed (if you can call it that) in the TGA - West Texas Sr. Amature. I couldn't believe how good these guys are. A rules official at the tournament told me, "these guys are professional amateurs". They smoked me. 2 and out with the proverbial trunk slammer.

While I want to be competitive and get some payback,some ofthe courses onthis tour are private and tough to get on. Chance for me to play them. OGA has a much more competitive events as wel. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I'd love to do it, but with my pending knee surgery, I can't make any sort of plans.  That and I'm down in Medford and all the OGA events tend to be more suited to those living in the Portland to Eugene corridor.

NWGolf Guys run a Medford series I believe. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

48 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

NWGolf Guys run a Medford series I believe. 

Never heard of them. I used to play with the OR-CAL Seniors....Medford to Redding area.  Not the same quality of competition as OGA, however.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

LOL I saw this and thought WTF? Over on WRX in the classics section I started a tongue in cheek thing called Outlaw Golf Association or OGA. Actually not to be a real organization it has grown. Really it is a USGA protest thing as in we play what clubs we want to non conforming or not. None of us keeps a stipulated legal USGA handicap. None of us play in stipulated events anymore. Good luck in your event

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

23 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

That scenario is exactly why I never attempted to get my AM status back--- Basically the Carolinas Golf Association is the same way. The CGA does a lot of traveling too and if I am doing all of that and going to that expense I might as well go back to serious money matches and the Minis.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G