TESTERS WANTED! ×

TrueGolfFit and the Sub70 839D

GolfSpy Barbajo

Good one John. My TGF experience wasn't quite as successful as yours, but it is what it is.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

NICE!!  

Since you know what a Tinder blind date is like, could you please elaborate?  😎

Heh heh heh  --- all I can say is everything I know about Tinder comes from Sam Robinon....he's the Tinder-King

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Great work here Barba! TrueGolfFit flat out works. I tried entering a couple of different parameters and it kept coming back to 2-3 models, which are absolutely in the top tier for me. I could happily game any of three, so we're going to go with whichever one has the tightest dispersion. 

Never heard of the PX Silver shaft before. Is that a made for?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Never heard of the PX Silver shaft before. Is that a made for?

I'd bet the ranch against a made-for -- Sub70 isn't big enough to do a made-for.  My guess is it's an older model - I had a PING i20 3-wood that, as best I can recall, had a similar shaft. In any event, it's a high kick-point, lower launching and spinning shaft. It seemed to work well enough in conjunction with the head. 

Funny thing - the driver I demoed was actually Jason's gamer. He told me when he saw my TFG results that he and I probably had a very similar swing DNA. Turned out to be correct - quick transition, 97-100 mph swing speed, fighting high launch and spin. 

It still amazes me that by asking 3 simple questions, TrueGolfFit is able to find your golf clone from its test pool and match you up with a driver that will fit you well. That Data stuff is real. 

And I'm impressed with what Sub70 is trying to do -- premium equipment and direct-to-consumer pricing. Jason has the setup to make it work. He has 20 years worth of connections with Chinese manufacturing, and he collaborates with their R&D people on designs. While they're not AI-level innovation nor cutting edge technology of the future, the stuff is pretty good, especially for the price. 

The driver is $249 - fully adjustable with moveable weights,  titanium construction with a variable thickness face. If yards-per-dollar is your decision-making matrix, it would be hard to beat this one.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'd bet the ranch against a made-for -- Sub70 isn't big enough to do a made-for.  My guess is it's an older model - I had a PING i20 3-wood that, as best I can recall, had a similar shaft. In any event, it's a high kick-point, lower launching and spinning shaft. It seemed to work well enough in conjunction with the head. 
Funny thing - the driver I demoed was actually Jason's gamer. He told me when he saw my TFG results that he and I probably had a very similar swing DNA. Turned out to be correct - quick transition, 97-100 mph swing speed, fighting high launch and spin. 
It still amazes me that by asking 3 simple questions, TrueGolfFit is able to find your golf clone from its test pool and match you up with a driver that will fit you well. That Data stuff is real. 
And I'm impressed with what Sub70 is trying to do -- premium equipment and direct-to-consumer pricing. Jason has the setup to make it work. He has 20 years worth of connections with Chinese manufacturing, and he collaborates with their R&D people on designs. While they're not AI-level innovation nor cutting edge technology of the future, the stuff is pretty good, especially for the price. 
The driver is $249 - fully adjustable with moveable weights,  titanium construction with a variable thickness face. If yards-per-dollar is your decision-making matrix, it would be hard to beat this one.

Thanks! I couldn’t find any info on it and had never heard of it before, so I was curious.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 6:37 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Sorry guys just saw this thread.  The Sub 70 graphite shafts are made specifically for our company.  Our owner, Jason, has been on the equipment side of the business for 20+ years and has a fantastic relationship with the guys at True Temper.  He contacted them maybe two years ago to discuss what we were doing and to ask if they'd be interested in creating three shafts that they thought would work best for our driver and fairway woods.  They came up with three profiles under the ProjectX name and got them sent out to us...and we then tested those as we tested our prototype heads as well.  Of course we can get pretty much any graphite shaft out there if someone is interested, but the guys at True Temper/Project X felt that those three options would work for the large majority of golfers

13 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

Sorry guys just saw this thread.  The Sub 70 graphite shafts are made specifically for our company.  Our owner, Jason, has been on the equipment side of the business for 20+ years and has a fantastic relationship with the guys at True Temper.  He contacted them maybe two years ago to discuss what we were doing and to ask if they'd be interested in creating three shafts that they thought would work best for our driver and fairway woods.  They came up with three profiles under the ProjectX name and got them sent out to us...and we then tested those as we tested our prototype heads as well.  Of course we can get pretty much any graphite shaft out there if someone is interested, but the guys at True Temper/Project X felt that those three options would work for the large majority of golfers

Looks like I lose the ranch! 😂😂

Thanks for chiming in - that head-shaft combo seemed to work well for me. Can't wait to give it a whack or two for real...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Looks like I lose the ranch! 😂😂

Thanks for chiming in - that head-shaft combo seemed to work well for me. Can't wait to give it a whack or two for real...

😁 Definitely can't blame anyone for thinking it is a re-purposed shaft with a new paint job...obviously that's been going on for years and it would probably make sense from a cost stand point.  I can't seem to track down the exact shaft specs (torque, etc) but I know we have them.  If I can find them I'll share them here and maybe someone can find some comps for each model.  

Nice little right up. I haven't tried the TFG yet, as I'm not in the market for a Driver right now, but will probably give it a shot when I am. BTW, how much business do you think those other 2 companies are gonna pull in now?  Very smart on their part to have you come in.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗