TESTERS WANTED! ×

Too Many New Shafts!

Getting fit for new shaft.  I have lots of experience with $$$ Obans, UST Mamiyas, Project Xs, Padersons, Fujikuras, etc.  I've been playing Paderson for about two and a half years and love their smooth liner release.  What has come on the market in the past couple years that is marketed as low spin and low/mid-low launch, which doesn't have an overly "boardy" feel?  I've hit the Even Flow and do like it, but I'm wondering what else might fit the bill?  I'm 115-120mph; about 13 launch; mid-agressive tempo.  Thanks!

Edited by sumadoggie

Getting fit for new shaft.  I have lots of experience with $$$ Obans, UST Mamiyas, Project Xs, Padersons, Fujikuras, etc.  I've been playing Paderson for about two and a half years and love their smooth liner release.  What has come on the market in the past couple years that is marketed as low spin and low/mid-low launch, which doens't have an ovelry "boardy" feel?  I've hit the Even Flow and do like it, but I'm wondering what else might fit the bill?  I'm 115-120mph; about 13 launch; mid-agressive tempo.  Thanks!
Tensei Pro White or Pro Orange maybe even the Kuro Kage XD.

I have heard the new Diamana BF and DF have that Diamana feel with low spin. I am sure there are others out there.
That said if you are getting fit for a shaft then why limit yourself. Try everything they have and then make a decision.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I agree get fit, and go from there, but I LOVE the Diamana DF. I have the slightly older version in my 3W (and soon driver) and it is the best shaft I have ever played. Really smooth feeling, and nice low spin, with low-mid launch. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

5 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Tensei Pro White or Pro Orange maybe even the Kuro Kage XD.

I have heard the new Diamana BF and DF have that Diamana feel with low spin. I am sure there are others out there.
That said if you are getting fit for a shaft then why limit yourself. Try everything they have and then make a decision.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nice.  Thanks.  Will look into them.  Love to try everything, but also want to play golf.  😏

I'd be interested to hear if anyone plays Accra.  I had one in my bag about five years ago and it was great. 

Edited by sumadoggie

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, sumadoggie said:

Nice.  Thanks.  Will look into them.  Love to try everything, but also want to play golf.  😏

I'd be interested to hear if anyone plays Accra.  I had one in my bag about five years ago and it was great. 

I currently play the Accra TZ5 which is extremely low spin/low launch (I had to add loft to my driver) from what I've seen. It doesn't feel that boardy but is very stable. I also tried the TZ6 which launches a little higher and spins slightly more, but feels great. They are both great shafts to try.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

I currently play the TZ6 60g M5.  In a fitting it came to that or the Diamana DF.  Does anyone know the major differences between the two?

Titleist TSi3 9° - Tensei CK White 60X

Ping G410 LST 14.5° - Accra TZ-6 75 M5

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° & 24° - Project X Rifle 6.5

Cobra MB 5-PW KBS C-Taper X (black)

Vokey SM9 - KBS Tour V 125 (50,54,60)

Costa Mesa, CA

"My kids stole my golf game..."

• 2 weeks later...

I agree there are too many shafts 😆.  Part of me is happy my fitter had a rather limited selection as compared to say a Club Fitter store, and the other part of me wonders if not having a 100 to choose from and test leaves my new G410's at less than optimal.  The latter is probably the case but I doubt to much disadvantage.  I left it up to the PING Engineers.  My reasoning is that I feel PING is among the few major club mfgs. that strives to make players better - or a least that's as important to them as profit.  I hit the AWT 2.0 shafts more consistently than the few others tested.  I believe solid design analysis and test yielded the AWT 2.0 shaft option for these and other irons they offer.  

Recently, I've been seeing ads for a new steel like composite shaft (VSS??).  A vibration dampening shaft is the one area I was interested in but that my fitter had even fewer options.  From comments on other threads, it seems many have switched to composite and are liking the results - both ball flight performance and less joint related pain. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an Xcaliber Pro T6* that I really like. Had it in a Geek DCT. Just recently put an adapter on it and put it in my F7+. Haven't hit the F7+ with that shaft yet though. From personal experience, anything from Xcaliber is high quality stuff. Robin Arther is a shaft genius.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 4:49 PM, sumadoggie said:

Getting fit for new shaft.  I have lots of experience with $$$ Obans, UST Mamiyas, Project Xs, Padersons, Fujikuras, etc.  I've been playing Paderson for about two and a half years and love their smooth liner release.  What has come on the market in the past couple years that is marketed as low spin and low/mid-low launch, which doesn't have an overly "boardy" feel?  I've hit the Even Flow and do like it, but I'm wondering what else might fit the bill?  I'm 115-120mph; about 13 launch; mid-agressive tempo.  Thanks!

My swing speed is the same, I play the Aldila Xtorsion Copper X Stiff shaft. I love it. Very smooth feel. I feel in control of the club throughout the swing. And it looks amazing. Definitely worth a try!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter