TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour X (2 for $50)

chisag

... Balls really take a beating in the desert. Lots of rocks just off the fairway so I am going thru balls faster than normal. On a whim I decided to try the new Maxfli Tour X when I received an email from Dicks with a 2 for $50 deal (normally $34.99 a dozen). I only have 2 rounds in with them but so far I am impressed. Previous Maxfli's felt like rocks but these feel similar to my TP5x. And they are as long as any ball I have played. I was on the back fringe in 2 on a 499yd par 5 and pin high on the 535yd par 5. Gotta love desert fairways! Missed both eagle putts but tap in birdies are never a bad thing. They putt great and seem to spin as well as any urethane ball I have played. They are Center Of Gravity Balanced and according to Maxfli "aligns the golf ball’s Moment of Inertia with the desired target for reduced side spin and optimal ball flight". I am not sure how effective this is as I remembered to line ip up for putts but forgot most of the time on the tee. But if that technology really works, that would just be icing on the cake. 4 piece urethane balls that so far do everything I ask from my golf ball. There is a 3 piece Maxfli Tour as well and both models also come in a Matte White finish.

... I need more rounds on different course than Aguila, the hard and fast desert course here in Phoenix to give a definitive opinion, but I do not know how long the 2 for $50 deal will be going on so I wanted to give everyone a heads up. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/maxfli-2019-tour-x-golf-balls-19maxmmxfltrxglssgbl/19maxmmxfltrxglssgbl

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Maxfli makes some decent balls. Their SoftFli is probably my favorite "bargain" ball - very similar to the SuperSoft & Duo but can often be had 3/$30. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Chisag, interesting to see how the cover holds up with the matte finish and the desert conditions. I've always liked the Maxfli brand going back to the U4/U4X days, seems like these could be worthy descendants.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Was looking on their website cause you interested me. Nearly pulled the trigger as they were advertising 20 bucks off orders of 100. So I thought I could get 4 dozen for 80 but couldn't combine with the other offer :S

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Chisag, interesting to see how the cover holds up with the matte finish and the desert conditions. I've always liked the Maxfli brand going back to the U4/U4X days, seems like these could be worthy descendants.

... You're on your own with the Matte finish.  😉  They look like range balls with the sheen knocked off of them to me.  They have a Matte Green finish on the non X too. 

Maybe not the right thread but I’ll ask anyway. Why do you play the X version of the golf balls you mention? Reason I ask is I usually play softer balls like Duo Pro, Q Star Tour, etc.... The Mizuno Rep told me to never play a ball with an X on the end after watching me hit some balls. I played today and was stinking up the joint when I found a Pro V1X. Played it the last 5 holes and it was the longest and straightest of anything I played today. Might try the X version of these so thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On 4/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, Wedgie said:

Maybe not the right thread but I’ll ask anyway. Why do you play the X version of the golf balls you mention? Reason I ask is I usually play softer balls like Duo Pro, Q Star Tour, etc.... The Mizuno Rep told me to never play a ball with an X on the end after watching me hit some balls. I played today and was stinking up the joint when I found a Pro V1X. Played it the last 5 holes and it was the longest and straightest of anything I played today. Might try the X version of these so thanks for the heads up.

... Mostly because I like a higher ball flight with my irons. Most X versions do exactly that. For me at least they almost always perform better then the non X version, Z Star being the exception as I just don't have the club head speed to reap the benefits of the XV, although I haven't played an XV in at least 5 years. Add to that, I just don't like the feel of the softer, low compression golf balls. 

Edited by chisag

47 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You're on your own with the Matte finish.  😉  They look like range balls with the sheen knocked off of them to me.  They have a Matte Green finish on the non X too. 

Fair, I'll have to go by Golf Galaxy, my local Dick's didn't have them in stock weirdly enough even though the website says they do.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

... MGS released their review of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. Exactly what I found playing them. These balls can compete with any of the premium tour balls on the market and at 2 for $50 they are an absolute steal! For those into it, they are offered in Matte White and Matte Green too. 

Sounds like I might have to watch out for another of these 2 for 50 deals, thats not a bad price for a new ball. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

On 4/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, chisag said:

... MGS released their review of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. Exactly what I found playing them. These balls can compete with any of the premium tour balls on the market and at 2 for $50 they are an absolute steal! For those into it, they are offered in Matte White and Matte Green too. 

I'm not surprised, it looks like "Dick's" is finding its way with their house brands.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Picked up two dozen in the 2 for $50 sale. Got a dozen in Tour and a dozen in Tour X just to compare the two. I'll post my opinions on them after my round Monday but if they perform like others are saying, then my AVX's may have some competition.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: 710 AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

... For those interested in the $34.99 Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls, the 2 for $50 sale ends Saturday 4/20. 

... For those interested in the $34.99 Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls, the 2 for $50 sale ends Saturday 4/20. 
You can get one of each as well if you wanted to try both balls.

Since the balls are balanced or whatever they call it do you find them coming to rest in fairways or on the greens aligned more often than not? In theory you would think they would.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Since the balls are balanced or whatever they call it do you find them coming to rest in fairways or on the greens aligned more often than not? In theory you would think they would.

... Wedgie I forget to line them up on the tee or green half the time LOL. Not sure I have ever seen them line up with the alignment dead on my target line, but I don't think so. 

... Well divine intervention must be responsible because I received a $40 Dicks Reward certificate in the mail today and the 2 for $50 ends tomorrow. Hmmmmm. So for $10.81 I picked up 2 dozen. One for me and a dozen Matte White balls for my 27yr old son. He loved the matte white color and bought some Volviks that were just terrible performing balls compared to the urethane balls he normally plays. I think he is gonna love these. 

889473439_MaxfliTourX.jpg.422c0d2e0ef1466e890d9d283be6a1a1.jpg

1231900232_MaxfliCG.jpg.e76b75badb6c5a5b27e128aacc44f782.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to try out these balls after I hurt my back last weekend, so I was out of commission for a week.

I played the Tour X today and my first impressions were "wow". The Tour X feel soft in the hand. I pointed the line towards my target and ripped my first drive of the day 270. That's about 10 yards longer than with my AVX's. It feels nice off the driver face, soft but not "mushy soft" which I liked about the ball. I usually play a ball with a more low-mid trajectory, so I was interested to see how the mid-high trajectory of this ball flew for me since I sometimes hit the ball higher than I'd like. I had no problems with my ball flight today however. Even when I hit it higher than I'd like, I didn't lose significant distance.

I really liked the feel of this ball off my irons and wedges. I was putting for birdie on every par 3 today except 1 (4/5, no birdies though lol). The ball flies high but carries nicely off the irons. Mishits with this ball still carry a pretty good distance. This ball also has plenty of spin in the short game. I usually have trouble getting a ball to stop once it hits the green with my wedges but this ball had a lot less roll out than my AVX's.

I did not hit any shots with the alignment line pointed off target so I can't say how it affects the flight of the ball like the box says it will. I was too chicken to chance it on a tight course today lol.

I honestly think I will start playing a Maxfli Tour ball from here on out. For the price and the performance, you can't really beat it. I will try my green Tour balls on Friday and post back with my opinion of it.

Sounds like a great deal. I'll have to pick up a dozen and give them a try.

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

@Mr_Theoo bought two dozen of these and gave me one to try while we were playing yesterday. Seemed like a very good ball. Unfortunately, I didn't get a ton of experience with it because I was struggling out of the gate and lost it too quickly. Fortunately, Mr_Theoo pointed out an alignment flaw that helped me fix my drives for most of the rest of the round, now let's see if I remember that tip the next time I play.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

They had the two for $50.00 in my local DSG today. I will be trying these

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 4/19/2019 at 6:28 PM, chisag said:

1231900232_MaxfliCG.jpg.e76b75badb6c5a5b27e128aacc44f782.jpg

I wonder if that little tiny star in between the G and the right arrow means anything on the matte painted ball?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@Mr_Theoo bought two dozen of these and gave me one to try while we were playing yesterday. Seemed like a very good ball. Unfortunately, I didn't get a ton of experience with it because I was struggling out of the gate and lost it too quickly. Fortunately, Mr_Theoo pointed out an alignment flaw that helped me fix my drives for most of the rest of the round, now let's see if I remember that tip the next time I play.

I played them for half the round as well and I think it’s gonna be one of my balls for the season. I still have a lot of TPX left but for buying new balls the deal can’t be beat for how well it performed

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Played the Tour ball today and it performed as well as the Tour X. I struggled with the driver today but hit a couple 260+ yard drives. I did notice some (maybe 10 yards at the most) distance loss when I didn't point the alignment line towards the target.

Only downside to this ball is it scuffs easier than other premium balls I've played. Not a big enough downside to deter me from playing it though since it didn't affect performance.

Now if only I could find a ball to putt itself in for me all the time because today was 3 putt city.

0506191158.jpeg0506191216_HDR.jpeg

I'm going to give these a try.  Does anyone else thing the font they used on their old balls, like the DDH, looked much better?  Same is true for Bridgestone.  I hate that big "B".

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

My local DSG at the 2 or $50 sale going on so I grabbed one of each of the Tour models.  I also had $20.00 worth of rewards so they ended up costing me $30.00 bucks.   That's $15.00 bucks a dozen folks! 👀   Anyways I'm looking forward to taking  Maxie for a ride in the hay er I mean fairways.... 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played the Tour ball today and it performed as well as the Tour X. I struggled with the driver today but hit a couple 260+ yard drives. I did notice some (maybe 10 yards at the most) distance loss when I didn't point the alignment line towards the target.

Only downside to this ball is it scuffs easier than other premium balls I've played. Not a big enough downside to deter me from playing it though since it didn't affect performance.

Now if only I could find a ball to putt itself in for me all the time because today was 3 putt city.

0506191158.jpeg.5ea91c0c06fd4c3440a62001ed4f8aa2.jpeg0506191216_HDR.jpeg.063592aa1161c9a7bc5121d0cbde99c6.jpeg

Lol I think any urethane ball will scuff like that if hit in the same spot

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, madi05 said:

Lol I think any urethane ball will scuff like that if hit in the same spot

... Indeed. The Maxfli Tour and Tour X are as durable as any of the premium urethane balls I have played.