TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour X (2 for $50)

chisag

It's my understanding that the true cg of the ball may not be in line with the seam, thus the dicrepancy ssen here. I could be wrong.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 2 dozen of the Tour balls based on the MGS ball report and the need for an affordable “premium” ball. I got the glossy white and matte neon green. Through one round with each I couldn’t be happier. I’ve been looking for a permanent ball for a while, and this is it. I have been getting the same distance with these as ProV1 and have not had any issues around the green. They feel great and will drop, hop, and stop. Two days ago I broke 80 for the second time in my life shooting a 78 with these, and that was with 3 double bogeys, but also 2 birdies. In short, for 2 for $50, and I had a $10 off $50 or more at Dicks coupon, i have found my ball for the foreseeable future and can’t imagine switching. Great ball, great price.

Attached photo is my tap in birdie after about a 40 yard pitch with my 56 degree wedge.  

BCE91C6F-5116-410A-8988-B10A6FE95405.jpeg

Driver: :titelist-small: TS3 9.5, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0, +4 gram Surefit Weight

5-Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 19 Degree Tensei Red 70HY Stiff Flex

Irons: 4-PW :titelist-small: 718 AP3 Project X LZ 120gr 6.0 Shaft

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 52.12 F Grind, :vokey-small: SM7 48.10 F grind and 56.08 M Grind

Putter: :ping-small: B60

• 2 weeks later...
I bought 2 dozen of the Tour balls based on the MGS ball report and the need for an affordable “premium” ball. I got the glossy white and matte neon green. Through one round with each I couldn’t be happier. I’ve been looking for a permanent ball for a while, and this is it. I have been getting the same distance with these as ProV1 and have not had any issues around the green. They feel great and will drop, hop, and stop. Two days ago I broke 80 for the second time in my life shooting a 78 with these, and that was with 3 double bogeys, but also 2 birdies. In short, for 2 for $50, and I had a $10 off $50 or more at Dicks coupon, i have found my ball for the foreseeable future and can’t imagine switching. Great ball, great price.
Attached photo is my tap in birdie after about a 40 yard pitch with my 56 degree wedge.  
BCE91C6F-5116-410A-8988-B10A6FE95405.thumb.jpeg.1a39909abec5aebd0f77fb3d0f6444a0.jpeg

Wow that thing would glow in the dark! . I like that because with my aging eyes it’s a challenge to spot the ball. How do these look in the fairway from way out. How about the rough & woods? Not that I ever hit any balls in the woods

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Will be switching to the new Maxflis when I get home from the beach. Got 4 dozen sitting in my closet.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 6/17/2019 at 1:22 AM, AH1980MN said:

It's my understanding that the true cg of the ball may not be in line with the seam, thus the dicrepancy ssen here. I could be wrong.

I use a check go to spin my golf balls and none of the balls I've spun line up with the seam. 

My bag is a revolving door!

On 7/12/2019 at 7:25 AM, ole gray said:

Wow that thing would glow in the dark! emoji102.png. I like that because with my aging eyes it’s a challenge to spot the ball. How do these look in the fairway from way out. How about the rough & woods? Not that I ever hit any balls in the woods emoji6.png

To be honest, it all depends on the angle of the sun for how it looks in the fairway. It does stand out pretty well, I did lose a couple in the rough the other day, but in that rough I would have lost any color ball I think. My dad, who complains about never being able to see the ball, seems to be able to pick these up better in flight and as they land. They definitely seem to almost glow and would be really exceptional in low light, from what I can tell. When I buy my next 2 dozen I will do one dozen white and one dozen of the neon matte again, I like the option to mix it up.  

Driver: :titelist-small: TS3 9.5, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0, +4 gram Surefit Weight

5-Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 19 Degree Tensei Red 70HY Stiff Flex

Irons: 4-PW :titelist-small: 718 AP3 Project X LZ 120gr 6.0 Shaft

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 52.12 F Grind, :vokey-small: SM7 48.10 F grind and 56.08 M Grind

Putter: :ping-small: B60

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like their ball. I thought it was a gimmick with the COG line, but I found it a lot easier to line up the ball and get it on the line that I want. 

Nike: Vapor Speed 8.5 Degree (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff 70G)

Nike: VRS Covert 3 Wood (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff)

Taylormade: P790 2 Iron (Project X Hazard Shaft X-Stiff)

Adams: 3H (20 Degree) Super 9031  (Diamana Whiteboard Hybrid Stiff)

Nike: Vapor Pro 4-PW (Stiff)

Titleist: 54 and 60 Vokey SM5 

Odyssey: Toe Up #1 

I played Maxflis back when they still have the pentagon shaped dimples.  Looks like the 2 for 50 sell is still going on until Aug. 03.

Driver - Callaway GBB

Irons - 4-SW Callaway Razr X

Wedges - Cobra 50, TaylorMade 56

Putter - Odyssey White Hot Rossie

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, TxDuffer said:

I played Maxflis back when they still have the pentagon shaped dimples.  Looks like the 2 for 50 sell is still going on until Aug. 03.

I think the hexagon shaped dimples of the late '70's and early 80's belonged to Pro Staff (Wilson). I used them in high school. Maybe Maxfli had them too.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Curiosity got the better of me after seeing the ball being mentioned in the 2019 review here.    I played the front nine of my last round with the Tour X and the back nine with the Snell MTB-X.    All in all, the ball performs well and the price is obviously hard to ignore.   Plenty long and durable.    The CG stamping is fantastic for putting alignment as the print is a little larger than what I'm used to seeing from Taylor Made or Snell.   I did try using the stamping off the tee and I really can't say I saw any dispersion differences vs. not using the alignment.    

default_taylormade-small(1).jpg.85912868199b94e166402712fb9f64b0.jpg Stealth 2 Plus 10.5* driver

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 14.5*, 17.5* FWs

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 22* hybrid

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg i230 irons, 5 - W

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg Glide 4.0 S 50*, 54*, 58* wedges

EVNROLL.gif.c1122c4834ff1cdf4df48962afede4ed.gif  EV 5.3 33"