Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Callaway Apex CR ‘16/Apex Pro combo

Cb3319

Much of it will depend on your handicap and ball striking abilities.  I'm 67 and playing the Apex CF 19 irons.  The Apex irons are forgiving irons respective to other players irons.  What you're gaining by the combo is increased forgiveness in your longer irons while maintaining playability with your scoring irons.  With the right shaft, this could be a good setup for you if you're a decent ball striker.  If you spray the ball, all bets are off.

Have you hit them?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Have only hit the 7 iron with 95 gram TT stiff shaft, on a simulator.  Incredible vs my current 2008 TM Tour Burner with DG s300 130 gram shafts.  ~10 yds longer.  I have NOT hit the Apex Pro but they fit the eye very well.

Archived