TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

Whoa - I've only been able to play this driver twice at a Muni, but dammmm it's as straight as an arrow. Hopefully our course opens this week so I can get a better sense for the distance. The earliest I could get the fitter scheduled for is May 1st. In the meantime I've got the 410 in the neutral setting.  I'm a very happy camper! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

All this is saying is (JohnSmalls, you need a new driver). 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

So now that you guys have gotten in a few rounds with the G410, are any of you experimenting with the adjustable weight, if so, are you seeing any difference in the effect it makes on shot shape?
Also, are any of you worried about losing it since it doesn't sit in a track?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

So now that you guys have gotten in a few rounds with the G410, are any of you experimenting with the adjustable weight, if so, are you seeing any difference in the effect it makes on shot shape?

Funny you mention it.  After my last round I mentioned that all of my misses were right.  For my next range session I will be moving the hosel out of the flat setting to the neutral setting, and leaving the weight in the toe.  The thought behind this is I still want to slow my face closure  by keeping the weight in the toe/fade setting, but I don't want the ball to start as far right.  

Will report on what I see at the range and on the course with these settings.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, golfinnut said:

Nice reviews so far guys.  I'm interested to see any stats from those of you that may have played the G400 Max vs nowt the 410.  

I have the Max sitting in the Nut Cave that's probably going to go to the marketplace really soon.  Especially if I see considerable gains by you guys.  @GolfSpy STUDque you are absolutely killing it.  Doubt that's going to be out of your bag very soon.  Especially since you sold the TS2 so quickly. 

Don't you want to know how it compares to my GBB warbird? 😂  I did test the G400 last year at a PING demo and thought it was really nice.  Thus far, all I can offer about how it compares to the G410 is that the G410 feels every bit as nice and, after several rounds before heading home from winter grounds in Yuma, performing very well. 

While we all take our obligatory time-out this weekend to watch the greatest event in sports, let's see if we can determine how many PING G410's are being tested at The Masters.   Who else besides Bubba?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

23 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

On the G410 Plus, the weight does nest in an track and can be positioned in either neutral, draw, or fade positions. It has a Torx screw and the provided wrench assures it is set to factory torque and, I should think, unlikely to work itself loose... but that's something we can certainly watch for and report on. 

Great work out there thus far fellow testers! I however have been sans-golf for almost 2-weeks now what with all my new umpiring duties in both Little Leagues, work of course, our unsettled & wet weather and then a bout currently with the flu. My weekend is shaping up to be no different unfortunately. Got ball games Saturday and then on Sunday of course, I will be working on my ass-groove in the couch watching you-know-what all day. Next week, I have an evening set for some range time to myself and I hope to play a round on that following Sunday. For the sake of tinkering, I've acquired the shaft originally recommended by my..."fitter" that I'm excited to try. I also want to grab the one that the PING inflight fitting recommends, but haven't seen a 410-ready one come available yet on the Bay for cheap. I also want to get some varied weights like I have for my 400 to tinker with those, though I'm not sure anyone has them for sale out there yet.

I'll keep you all posted, but I have the sinking feeling that I need to play some catch-up here real soon.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 4/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, jlukes said:

Funny you mention it.  After my last round I mentioned that all of my misses were right.  For my next range session I will be moving the hosel out of the flat setting to the neutral setting, and leaving the weight in the toe.  The thought behind this is I still want to slow my face closure  by keeping the weight in the toe/fade setting, but I don't want the ball to start as far right.  

Will report on what I see at the range and on the course with these settings.

Hey @jlukes and other testers.........I'm curious, so would you contend so far that this Ping Driver has mostly or entirely eliminated the left side miss? Your comments above bring back pleasant memories and piece of mind I previously enjoyed with my former Ping Driver.

You see, about 4 years ago I had a TM driver that had the occasional (or often) crazy left side miss, scare the dickens out of you. I switched to a Ping G30LST thereafter and I don't know what it was about that club but it virtually eliminated the entire left side of the course for me, my piece of mind became sound and half the course was all but gone. Now I'm gaming a TS3 (set flat and open) and from time to time I can still get a wild left bomber.

Jlukes I know you also just came from a TS Driver and your posts have got me really wondering as to this specific issue. I'll be following you closely on that......and if any other testers are experiencing strong bias to left side balls gone, please chime in.

8 minutes ago, Trial&Error said:

Hey @jlukes and other testers.........I'm curious, so would you contend so far that this Ping Driver has mostly or entirely eliminated the left side miss? Your comments above bring back pleasant memories and piece of mind I previously enjoyed with my former Ping Driver.

You see, about 4 years ago I had a TM driver that had the occasional (or often) crazy left side miss, scare the dickens out of you. I switched to a Ping G30LST thereafter and I don't know what it was about that club but it virtually eliminated the entire left side of the course for me, my piece of mind became sound and half the course was all but gone. Now I'm gaming a TS3 (set flat and open) and from time to time I can still get a wild left bomber.

Jlukes I know you also just came from a TS Driver and your posts have got me really wondering as to this specific issue. I'll be following you closely on that......and if any other testers are experiencing strong bias to left side balls gone, please chime in.

Hey T&E!  From my experience so far, I would say the ability to flatten the lie and put the weight in the toe definitely has impacted the start line and amount of curve on my shots.  So yes, I can say that the settings G410 Plus really have the ability to alter ball flight.  The TS2 had the ability to go flat, but I couldn't put weight towards the toe to slow closure rate.  Not sure how it would compare to a TS3 set to flat and with the weight in the toe.

That being said, it is still possible to hit the occasional duck hook of you are closing the face too aggressively - and not club or amount of adjustability would prevent that.  But putting the weight in the toe and flattening the lie has really helped me so far.  Your results may vary, but the technology definitely seems to be working thus far.

10 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Great work out there thus far fellow testers! I however have been sans-golf for almost 2-weeks now what with all my new umpiring duties in both Little Leagues, work of course, our unsettled & wet weather and then a bout currently with the flu. My weekend is shaping up to be no different unfortunately. Got ball games Saturday and then on Sunday of course, I will be working on my ass-groove in the couch watching you-know-what all day. Next week, I have an evening set for some range time to myself and I hope to play a round on that following Sunday. For the sake of tinkering, I've acquired the shaft originally recommended by my..."fitter" that I'm excited to try. I also want to grab the one that the PING inflight fitting recommends, but haven't seen a 410-ready one come available yet on the Bay for cheap. I also want to get some varied weights like I have for my 400 to tinker with those, though I'm not sure anyone has them for sale out there yet.

I'll keep you all posted, but I have the sinking feeling that I need to play some catch-up here real soon.

No worries - you'll be hitting it regularly soon! I can't get into the fitter's shop until May 1st - they're that backed up - guess that's good news for them. So my final tuning won't happen until then., however,  in the meantime, I've played three rounds so far and love the driver. Now I'm experimenting a bit. After yesterday where I had the neutral setting, I'm trying the flat + to see what effect that has. Always fun to tinker. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 
 Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!
As for my results, I'm not an official tester but some of you know that I was out at PING last week getting fit.   I started with the 410+ in the neutral position and did OK with it, but was getting a bit more fade than I and the fitter liked, still very playable but he thought taking some of that off might get me a few more yards.
So he switched the weight to the draw and actually put a slightly lighter one in to help the SW as well--it was initially coming in at D6--, and help me get through the ball a bit more.  It worked, it straightened the flight out and I picked up 17 yards on the first swing after the adjustment.  
I kept it there and got on Trackman with it this week after I got back home.  I took it along with my TS2 out to the range.  While I'm not going to throw up any Jlukes or Studque numbers, the G410 was out-gaining the TS2 by 5 to 7 yards on most swings.   And i got a couple out to 226, my normal might be 215. 
Working with our DOI he gave me a few pointers that he said once I get those locked in I should be able to get out there to 230 maybe 235.   I was getting a swing speed of about 84 to 85 on the TS2 and was managing a pretty steady 87 on the PING.   Launch was about the same and and spin was close, they were both around 2900 to 3100 on both, a bit high but working on a few things to bring them down a couple hundred RPM.   Along with working on my club path and face to path has helped me realize a good swing from a bad swing.   
Looking forward to getting a round in with this in the several days. 
Any other testers have some actual results  or if any forum members have any questions for the group fire away!!

Our swing speeds are similar (mid 80’s) so I’m happy your putting in your 2 cents. The 410 driver is on my short list this summer when I’m off the DL.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

29 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Our swing speeds are similar (mid 80’s) so I’m happy your putting in your 2 cents. The 410 driver is on my short list this summer when I’m off the DL.

It is definitely one that should be on just about everyone's short list. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 😏

Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!

Well, to be brutally honest,... yes.  

But, just before heading back to MT from Yuma, I was able to get some range time and data hitting both my Razr-Fit and the G410 Plus.  We just got home today and got unloaded, house restarted, and Golf Channel on 👍. I'll be posting the initial range data along with some observations from several rounds of play over the weekend.  

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, to be brutally honest,... yes.  

But, just before heading back to MT from Yuma, I was able to get some range time and data hitting both my Razr-Fit and the G410 Plus.  We just got home today and got unloaded, house restarted, and Golf Channel on 👍. I'll be posting the initial range data along with some observations from several rounds of play over the weekend.  

I know.  I use this wonderful thing called the DVR and record it to watch in the evenings. 😎

Usually it's a great way to miss all the commercials.   But that's the beauty of the Mssters.  Very few commercials. 

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 
As for my results, I'm not an official tester but some of you know that I was out at PING last week getting fit.   I started with the 410+ in the neutral position and did OK with it, but was getting a bit more fade than I and the fitter liked, still very playable but he thought taking some of that off might get me a few more yards.
So he switched the weight to the draw and actually put a slightly lighter one in to help the SW as well--it was initially coming in at D6--, and help me get through the ball a bit more.  It worked, it straightened the flight out and I picked up 17 yards on the first swing after the adjustment.  
I kept it there and got on Trackman with it this week after I got back home.  I took it along with my TS2 out to the range.  While I'm not going to throw up any Jlukes or Studque numbers, the G410 was out-gaining the TS2 by 5 to 7 yards on most swings.   And i got a couple out to 226, my normal might be 215. 
Working with our DOI he gave me a few pointers that he said once I get those locked in I should be able to get out there to 230 maybe 235.   I was getting a swing speed of about 84 to 85 on the TS2 and was managing a pretty steady 87 on the PING.   Launch was about the same and and spin was close, they were both around 2900 to 3100 on both, a bit high but working on a few things to bring them down a couple hundred RPM.   Along with working on my club path and face to path has helped me realize a good swing from a bad swing.   
Any other testers have some actual results  or if any forum members have any questions for the group fire away!!

Do you notice big gains or changes compared to the g400?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 😏

A

Nooooope - I've had it on the course about 4 times and really loving it. It's (SFT) straight as an arrow. I'm starting to play around with the settings - going to try Flat + this morning. Beautiful day planned - 18 on our course so it'll be a good gauge on distance against my GBB. My immediate feedback is that it is straighter than my GBB - which I had set to  neutral. At that setting I had a slight pull-hook. 

Fitter is scheduled for May 1st - so won't have any hard data until after. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 4/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

Do you notice big gains or changes compared to the g400?

I'd say it's a few yards longer than the G400 Max---going strictly by memory--which is not the best thing to do.   I truly be able to tell once I get out on our course with it a time or two and see where my drives are compared to where the Max used to put me.  

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Howdy MGS's.  Well, in addition to having played 5 rounds now with the G410 Plus, I was able to get a day at the range to see just how it was comparing to my Callaway Razr-Fit.  With respect to the golf rounds, it was in the bag when I shot my best round (77) of the winter season at Mesa Del Sol. Not really sure how much further I was hitting it than my RF, but I did hit all but two fairways and the two missed were not bad misses. My last two rounds with it were not as good. At Cocopah GC, I was having trouble with fades. At Las Barancas both fades and hitting high on the face.  But to be honest, the rest of my game was not exactly clicking on either round, so the G400 gets a pass.

The Challenger

Now bear in mind that I just recently (January 2018) purchased this used Callaway Razr-Fit, to replace my GBB Warbird, and have subsequently felt like I had stepped into another era of golf.  While I immediately gained distance, perhaps 10-15 yards, the most striking benefit was the forgiveness in miss hits.  As the the 2018 season rolled along, my driving accuracy kept increasing as did my confidence.  I only wish I had taken the advice from friends to upgrade my driver years earlier. I'll also add that I picked the RF up at a shop in Tempe, AZ for a whopping $65.00 (which included a length adjustment and new Callaway grip).  I mention this only because for me to hand over $500.00 for the latest in drivers would take some serious performance results.  While I love being long off the tee, the decision is predominantly based on scoring... will that club help lower my handicap?

Mr. PING G410 Plus, meet Mr. Callaway Razr-Fit (which, btw got some high praise from MGS https://mygolfspy.com/callaway-razr-fit-driver-review/).

49019276_G410vsRazrFit.thumb.jpg.1cb6db964925d746b81904e1594dcd49.jpg

At the Desert Hills CG range, I onced again warmed up with my 6i and captured the data.  Another big shout out to George for letting me use their LM and providing a free large bucket of balls - Thanks George!  I hit about a dozen balls with each driver just trying to get into a nice hitting groove.  I then alternated between the drivers, capturing this data and culled out the two best and two worst from each.  George told me that their range balls are typically 10-15% shorter in distance to game balls.

Club Smash Factor Spin Ball Speed Club Speed Carry Distance

Razr-Fit 1.47 2132 128 87 206
Driver 1.46 2203 130 89 209
  1.46 2218 131 90 211
  1.42 2394 128 90 206
  1.47 2174 132 90 213
  1.51 1978 133 88 215
  1.48 2102 130 89 213
  1.50 2096 129 90 212
  1.46 2223 130 89 210
  1.49 2138 131 90 214
  1.47 2165.8 130.2 89.2 210.9
G410 Plus 1.52 1954 137 90 222
Driver 1.51 1978 133 88 218
  1.47 2160 131 89 215
  1.43 2386 132 92 213
  1.51 1978 133 88 215
  1.44 2404 133 93 215
  1.52 1936 134 88 217
  1.51 1978 133 88 215
  1.46 2248 134 92 217
  1.50 2042 135 90 219
  1.49 2106.4 133.5 89.8 216.6
PE2 6i 1.48 4827 101 69 141
  1.49 4834 101 70 141
  1.51 4931 103 68 144
  1.52 4644 102 70 138
  1.47 4853 100 68 134
  1.50 4743 101 70 143
  1.48 4805 100 68 140
  1.49 4805.3 101.1 69 140.1

Bill's Most Wanted Swing 😉

332955737_billswing.jpg.c3bf11997d9af6054f3740945101d6c8.jpg

Typical Hits on the G410

759193817_TypHits.jpg.4249bd2c8b00b8f850b9696c85b2ac71.jpg

The numbers are improved across the board.  To be really honest, I did not expect this.  I am by nature suspicious of marketing claims. This certainly supports PING claims of the club heads aerodynamic performance - less resistance yielding faster club head speed and ball distance. What I cannot share in this test is the lower, more piercing ball flight I get with the G410.  As I mentioned in my original stage 1 thread, I tend to hit high shots - driver included.  I really love that my trajectory is lower with the G410.  During my course rounds thus far, it's been REALLY nice seeing my drives roll out a little.  I do plan to repeat this same test with my club fitter in Bozeman, MT who has state-of-art LM equipment and has graciously offered to help - Thanks in advance Woody!! 👍

So, this is exciting. Thus far, I really like the way the G410 feels and I'm not debating which boom stick to put in the bag.  I have a few return to home (ranch) base projects that will occupy a bit of my time in the next month but, weather permitting, I hope to get a few more rounds in on the local courses - in advance of the peak season.  Reading what @jlukesis experiencing using the weight adjust feature, I plan to monkey with that a bit - especially if that fade tendency comes back. 

I sure hope this is helping those of you out there interested in PING's latest driver.  More to come, Thanks for reading!

Great numbers - especially the smash factor,. Looks like you're using a ES-14 LM? 

Wonder what those numbers will look like with something other than range balls. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Great numbers - especially the smash factor,. Looks like you're using a ES-14 LM? 

Wonder what those numbers will look like with something other than range balls. 

Yes it is the ES-14.  I'm not too familiar with it, but George say's it correlates well with others they've used. 

Smash factor is a whole new term for me.  Honestly, I first heard of it last summer when I had my iron fitting; but now understand it to be the ratio of ball speed to club head speed - and an indicator of how efficient (or not) one is at transferring energy from the club face to the ball.

During my G410 fitting George mentioned that I was getting some nice SF numbers (I'm thinking to myself "that's cool" but how about distance? 😁).  The limit is 1.50, so I'm not clear why the monitor shows numbers greater than that?  In any case, it looks like I'm getting close to everything out of the drivers my swing mechanics/limitations allow.

As for the range ball distance knock-down, George says 10-15%.  That seems about right when I multiply these numbers by 1.12, add 7-15 yards rollout, and compare to my typical drives out on the course.  My huge hits this winter in Yuma were 290 but more typically 245-265 based on Golf Buddy.  I've never perfected "getting both butt cheeks" into the drive 🤣.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

During my i500 review, I took a few rounds to play irons only so I could play them from literally everywhere to stress them to the max. I've been searching for a similar test doing this G410 Plus test and think I've got it. 

Since my irons are at Ping for repair, and the spring is in full effect, I've decided to do some sans-irons rounds. This means I've got Driver, 3w, 3h, 52, 56, and Putter in my bag. It's a lot lighter!!! 

The special rule I've adopted is to play from the reds so I can swing away with driver and give myself as many eagle putts as possible. Today was my first time out with this experiment and I managed to get 12 holes in. I didn't play particularly well but I'll share the hole-by-hole for entertainment:

Wind: Howling at 18-22 mph (per Arccos) hurting on 1, 3, 5, 16 across/hurting on 2, 4, 6, 17 and helping on 7, 8, 9, 18

Ground: Soft due to heavy rains last night

***Perhaps these weren't the best conditions to try an experiment. Oh well. For science!!!

1EC0AC96-FAB3-48CB-9F72-3731B2457409.jpeg

Hole 1: Killer wind dead into the face. Nice 3W

6C46F7DB-CEFC-49DE-816E-B06A476015B8.jpeg

Hole 2: Should've taken an easier swing at the driver. Launched it into the penalty area behind the green. 

65250E7E-B0BF-4B45-BC00-473A543A07AF.jpeg

Hole 3: Not relevant to driver, but missed a beauty of a shot by inches as it caught the lip of the bunker and rolled down. 

4BB80F4C-2E35-482B-8145-D98D6A0C98E3.jpeg

Hole 4: Launched drive #1 wide right thanks to harsh wind and compensated the other way for #2. Made a bomb of a putt to card a good double

4CEEDCD1-0718-42BC-BD0D-260C338F73EC.jpeg

Hole 5: Good shot dead into the wind (again) but left an awkward chip. 

EEF69668-D5F3-46EE-B8FE-92D85047843E.jpeg 

Hole 6: Good shot, landed on front of green then scooted off. Nice up and down. 

6D6A5760-4ADB-418C-8E1A-1205AE45105C.jpeg

Hole 7: Wind finally behind me. Tee shot into hazard I only ever reach with my second shots. Course management ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A53C7DA0-B0C2-4D57-AFA8-7873650E89D5.jpeg

Hole 8: Wind still behind, bombs away. Landed in the trap on the fly. 

ED7B3E6D-20E1-4674-8741-4835D21776E0.jpeg

Hole 9: Still wind, still bombs, smacked a tree 😢

Then onto the mini loop:

D798C3D7-E192-4601-8D69-5D829914BA93.jpeg

Hole 16: Smoked dead into wind. The 2nd shot was all I've got with that club and it appeared to be coming backwards on the way down. 

185D8EE8-0DB1-4E84-85BE-6C9A55DE440A.jpeg

Hole 17: Pin high, but left an awkward chip

D04C269B-D8C0-44FD-BFD1-247DB69CFE2B.jpeg

Hole 18: Wind helping, Smoked, but smacked another tree and came backwards. Cool little hybrid shot. 

Obviously, I'm not counting this round to my Arccos stats but it was a great time nonetheless. This was a poor display of short game so I've got room to grow there. Will probably get to do it again before my irons show up.

Any fellow testers gonna give it a try??

That ARCCOS system is really cool.

Hey man.. did you ever happen to post that pic from the end of our round somewhere? It's the only physical evidence that I have of being in the presence of great MGSRob for 18 holes

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Hey man.. did you ever happen to post that pic from the end of our round somewhere? It's the only physical evidence that I have of being in the presence of great MGSRob for 18 holesemoji39.png

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Yeah I sure did. In the pics from the course thread.  Posted it that night.  

Ha.  You seriously need to reevaluate your definition of greatness.   

But it was a GREAT time!! 

14 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

During my i500 review, I took a few rounds to play irons only so I could play them from literally everywhere to stress them to the max. I've been searching for a similar test doing this G410 Plus test and think I've got it. 

Since my irons are at Ping for repair, and the spring is in full effect, I've decided to do some sans-irons rounds. This means I've got Driver, 3w, 3h, 52, 56, and Putter in my bag. It's a lot lighter!!! 

The special rule I've adopted is to play from the reds so I can swing away with driver and give myself as many eagle putts as possible. Today was my first time out with this experiment and I managed to get 12 holes in. I didn't play particularly well but I'll share the hole-by-hole for entertainment:

Wind: Howling at 18-22 mph (per Arccos) hurting on 1, 3, 5, 16 across/hurting on 2, 4, 6, 17 and helping on 7, 8, 9, 18

Ground: Soft due to heavy rains last night

***Perhaps these weren't the best conditions to try an experiment. Oh well. For science!!!

1EC0AC96-FAB3-48CB-9F72-3731B2457409.jpeg

Hole 1: Killer wind dead into the face. Nice 3W

6C46F7DB-CEFC-49DE-816E-B06A476015B8.jpeg

Hole 2: Should've taken an easier swing at the driver. Launched it into the penalty area behind the green. 

65250E7E-B0BF-4B45-BC00-473A543A07AF.jpeg

Hole 3: Not relevant to driver, but missed a beauty of a shot by inches as it caught the lip of the bunker and rolled down. 

4BB80F4C-2E35-482B-8145-D98D6A0C98E3.jpeg

Hole 4: Launched drive #1 wide right thanks to harsh wind and compensated the other way for #2. Made a bomb of a putt to card a good double

4CEEDCD1-0718-42BC-BD0D-260C338F73EC.jpeg

Hole 5: Good shot dead into the wind (again) but left an awkward chip. 

EEF69668-D5F3-46EE-B8FE-92D85047843E.jpeg 

Hole 6: Good shot, landed on front of green then scooted off. Nice up and down. 

6D6A5760-4ADB-418C-8E1A-1205AE45105C.jpeg

Hole 7: Wind finally behind me. Tee shot into hazard I only ever reach with my second shots. Course management ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A53C7DA0-B0C2-4D57-AFA8-7873650E89D5.jpeg

Hole 8: Wind still behind, bombs away. Landed in the trap on the fly. 

ED7B3E6D-20E1-4674-8741-4835D21776E0.jpeg

Hole 9: Still wind, still bombs, smacked a tree 😢

Then onto the mini loop:

D798C3D7-E192-4601-8D69-5D829914BA93.jpeg

Hole 16: Smoked dead into wind. The 2nd shot was all I've got with that club and it appeared to be coming backwards on the way down. 

185D8EE8-0DB1-4E84-85BE-6C9A55DE440A.jpeg

Hole 17: Pin high, but left an awkward chip

D04C269B-D8C0-44FD-BFD1-247DB69CFE2B.jpeg

Hole 18: Wind helping, Smoked, but smacked another tree and came backwards. Cool little hybrid shot. 

Obviously, I'm not counting this round to my Arccos stats but it was a great time nonetheless. This was a poor display of short game so I've got room to grow there. Will probably get to do it again before my irons show up.

Any fellow testers gonna give it a try??

Nice work Stud, could be an idea for another certain contest that is coming....😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I hit the range after the Masters Sunday for a full-bucket session. After warming up, I started in with the 410 SFT and it's "new" Alta R-flex shaft I picked up off of the Bay for a trial. This was the shaft my "fitter" recommended for me, but it just felt wrong in some way which is why I ordered my driver with the stiff Tensei Orange. First his with it were awful. Fiddled with loft a bit and this shaft just did not work for me. Chucked the Tensei back up on the neutral 10.5 setting and wham! 240 right off the bat with a slight fade. Tried that shaft once again later and just confirmed it is just not for me in any way. Hit my 400 and was steady with it out to 230 on my better hits, but the 410 feels like it maybe has more in the tank. I hope to hit the range again Thursday and than maybe play sometime this weekend.

Side note: Our Range Troll coach dude offered some unsolicited help and identified that my grip needed some work. He was actually correct that my grip was overly weak and got me working on a much better strong grip that is proper. I had thought the way I was holding the club was with a strong grip, but I somehow had it backwards with my right hand way under the left. So this new feel will take some time to adjust to, but I see "hope".

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Finally got around to reading through this thread, ya'll are doing a great job! As a tester of the G400 Max last year, this is an interesting topic. I don't think I'll ever remove it from my bag. 

ps, STUD... Hole #3 at Cedar Point that you uploaded looks oh so intimidating, that's a lot of water. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---