TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

3 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I hit the range after the Masters Sunday for a full-bucket session. After warming up, I started in with the 410 SFT and it's "new" Alta R-flex shaft I picked up off of the Bay for a trial. This was the shaft my "fitter" recommended for me, but it just felt wrong in some way which is why I ordered my driver with the stiff Tensei Orange. First his with it were awful. Fiddled with loft a bit and this shaft just did not work for me. Chucked the Tensei back up on the neutral 10.5 setting and wham! 240 right off the bat with a slight fade. Tried that shaft once again later and just confirmed it is just not for me in any way. Hit my 400 and was steady with it out to 230 on my better hits, but the 410 feels like it maybe has more in the tank. I hope to hit the range again Thursday and than maybe play sometime this weekend.

Side note: Our Range Troll coach dude offered some unsolicited help and identified that my grip needed some work. He was actually correct that my grip was overly weak and got me working on a much better strong grip that is proper. I had thought the way I was holding the club was with a strong grip, but I somehow had it backwards with my right hand way under the left. So this new feel will take some time to adjust to, but I see "hope".

Hey PA....Help me out as I lost track of your shaft switches, felt like I was in the mirror funny house.   Which one ended up working for you best the new Alta off the Bay, or the Tensi that you ordered for the testing.    The Alta was the one the fitter said was best correct?

I'm glad you found one that works, I'm just confused on which one it was. 

Also glad the range troll helped.  That's a rare case indeed...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4/17 Range Session

Went to my driving range during lunch to pick up my irons and wedges which I just had adjusted (lofts and lies) and took the opportunity to hit a bucket of balls.  I mentioned that I was missing a little right during my last round so I switched the hosel back to the neutral setting.  I definitely noticed that the ball tended to start much straighter.   However, as I continued to hit balls, I had a few balls finish a bit further left than I would like to see.

I took the wrench and adjusted the hosel back to the flat setting and did something absolutely crazy: I adjusted my aim!  I have been hitting big sweeping hooks over the last year or so my aim has crept to the right to play for the hook.  Now that I found myself missing right (not slices, just starting right and staying there), I adjusted my aim more towards my intended landing area and the G410 did the rest.  Just beautiful straight bombs to baby fades (wind was slightly off the left, so they were more likely baby draws and straight bombs).  And my miss?  It was to the right.  As Lee Trevino is famous for saying: You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen.  I have embraced that thought with the G410 and the confidence I am feeling with the driver right now is as high as it has ever been.  

One thing I need to reiterate throughout the testing: The adjustable settings 100% work, but they do not save you from an awful swing.  There were a few where I got lazy with my hip rotation and double crossed it with a pull hook.  No amount of adjustable weights, hosels or face settings is going to fix a double cross.

I mentioned in my shaft fitting post that my tendency with the Ping Tour shaft is to miss a little low on the face and I saw that a bit today at the range.  I really felt that the G410 performs pretty well off low face shots as the ball still launched relatively high and did not appear to balloon too much.  This speaks to the MOI of the G410 Plus head and the lack of gear effect created (head tilting down) on low face strikes.

I am scheduled to play Friday and Saturday morning (weather permitting) and I cannot wait to pull driver at every chance I get.

Please ask me any and all questions and I will be able to answer them!

4/17 Range Session
Went to my driving range during lunch to pick up my irons and wedges which I just had adjusted (lofts and lies) and took the opportunity to hit a bucket of balls.  I mentioned that I was missing a little right during my last round so I switched the hosel back to the neutral setting.  I definitely noticed that the ball tended to start much straighter.   However, as I continued to hit balls, I had a few balls finish a bit further left than I would like to see.
I took the wrench and adjusted the hosel back to the flat setting and did something absolutely crazy: I adjusted my aim!  I have been hitting big sweeping hooks over the last year or so my aim has crept to the right to play for the hook.  Now that I found myself missing right (not slices, just starting right and staying there), I adjusted my aim more towards my intended landing area and the G410 did the rest.  Just beautiful straight bombs to baby fades (wind was slightly off the left, so they were more likely baby draws and straight bombs).  And my miss?  It was to the right.  As Lee Trevino is famous for saying: You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen.  I have embraced that thought with the G410 and the confidence I am feeling with the driver right now is as high as it has ever been.  
One thing I need to reiterate throughout the testing: The adjustable settings 100% work, but they do not save you from an awful swing.  There were a few where I got lazy with my hip rotation and double crossed it with a pull hook.  No amount of adjustable weights, hosels or face settings is going to fix a double cross.
I mentioned in my shaft fitting post that my tendency with the Ping Tour shaft is to miss a little low on the face and I saw that a bit today at the range.  I really felt that the G410 performs pretty well off low face shots as the ball still launched relatively high and did not appear to balloon too much.  This speaks to the MOI of the G410 Plus head and the lack of gear effect created (head tilting down) on low face strikes.
I am scheduled to play Friday and Saturday morning (weather permitting) and I cannot wait to pull driver at every chance I get.

You're playing it neutral lie but moving the weight towards the toe now? I feel you on the aiming right because you're so used to over drawing, I was doing that in my fitting and in my impromptu coaching session, he had me open my stance more. It's so refreshing to not have to fight the left side, or feel like I am.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

48 minutes ago, yungkory said:

You're playing it neutral lie but moving the weight towards the toe now? I feel you on the aiming right because you're so used to over drawing, I was doing that in my fitting and in my impromptu coaching session, he had me open my stance more. It's so refreshing to not have to fight the left side, or feel like I am.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I tried the neutral lie today, but ended up going back to flat just to keep it from falling too far left- kept the weight in the toe as well.  I think for my round on Friday I am going to go with the neutral hosel setting to see how it translates on the course.

4/17 Range Session

Interesting feedback. I haven't been able to get back on the course since last weekend for a number of reasons but will be out this weekend. Except for one mishit - well ok a shank last Saturday straight into a pond, the 410 SFT has been very straight for me. This weekend I'm going to try the flat setting. I'm also going to take the SC200 with me since our course won't be crowded.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Sounds like the adjustable settings really impact the ballflight here, which is great to see. I'll be interested in who continues to tweak after finding a setting that works, vs. who sets it and forgets it.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

27 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Sounds like the adjustable settings really impact the ballflight here, which is great to see. I'll be interested in who continues to tweak after finding a setting that works, vs. who sets it and forgets it.

At the moment it's really about testing all of the settings for the sake of the review rather than just playing with one setting. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

During my i500 review, I took a few rounds to play irons only so I could play them from literally everywhere to stress them to the max. I've been searching for a similar test doing this G410 Plus test and think I've got it. 

Since my irons are at Ping for repair, and the spring is in full effect, I've decided to do some sans-irons rounds. This means I've got Driver, 3w, 3h, 52, 56, and Putter in my bag. It's a lot lighter!!! 

The special rule I've adopted is to play from the reds so I can swing away with driver and give myself as many eagle putts as possible. Today was my first time out with this experiment and I managed to get 12 holes in. I didn't play particularly well but I'll share the hole-by-hole for entertainment:

Wind: Howling at 18-22 mph (per Arccos) hurting on 1, 3, 5, 16 across/hurting on 2, 4, 6, 17 and helping on 7, 8, 9, 18

Ground: Soft due to heavy rains last night

***Perhaps these weren't the best conditions to try an experiment. Oh well. For science!!!

1EC0AC96-FAB3-48CB-9F72-3731B2457409.jpeg

Hole 1: Killer wind dead into the face. Nice 3W

6C46F7DB-CEFC-49DE-816E-B06A476015B8.jpeg

Hole 2: Should've taken an easier swing at the driver. Launched it into the penalty area behind the green. 

65250E7E-B0BF-4B45-BC00-473A543A07AF.jpeg

Hole 3: Not relevant to driver, but missed a beauty of a shot by inches as it caught the lip of the bunker and rolled down. 

4BB80F4C-2E35-482B-8145-D98D6A0C98E3.jpeg

Hole 4: Launched drive #1 wide right thanks to harsh wind and compensated the other way for #2. Made a bomb of a putt to card a good double

4CEEDCD1-0718-42BC-BD0D-260C338F73EC.jpeg

Hole 5: Good shot dead into the wind (again) but left an awkward chip. 

EEF69668-D5F3-46EE-B8FE-92D85047843E.jpeg 

Hole 6: Good shot, landed on front of green then scooted off. Nice up and down. 

6D6A5760-4ADB-418C-8E1A-1205AE45105C.jpeg

Hole 7: Wind finally behind me. Tee shot into hazard I only ever reach with my second shots. Course management ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A53C7DA0-B0C2-4D57-AFA8-7873650E89D5.jpeg

Hole 8: Wind still behind, bombs away. Landed in the trap on the fly. 

ED7B3E6D-20E1-4674-8741-4835D21776E0.jpeg

Hole 9: Still wind, still bombs, smacked a tree 😢

Then onto the mini loop:

D798C3D7-E192-4601-8D69-5D829914BA93.jpeg

Hole 16: Smoked dead into wind. The 2nd shot was all I've got with that club and it appeared to be coming backwards on the way down. 

185D8EE8-0DB1-4E84-85BE-6C9A55DE440A.jpeg

Hole 17: Pin high, but left an awkward chip

D04C269B-D8C0-44FD-BFD1-247DB69CFE2B.jpeg

Hole 18: Wind helping, Smoked, but smacked another tree and came backwards. Cool little hybrid shot. 

Obviously, I'm not counting this round to my Arccos stats but it was a great time nonetheless. This was a poor display of short game so I've got room to grow there. Will probably get to do it again before my irons show up.

Any fellow testers gonna give it a try??

Might have to do this to prove the Epic Flash's worthiness. 

This is really a cool idea. Dare you to putt and chip with it, too? Talk about bump and run!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

21 hours ago, jlukes said:

At the moment it's really about testing all of the settings for the sake of the review rather than just playing with one setting. 

Yup, exactly... we just need to make sure and remember the setting that works best 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played 18 today in the 'flat' setting and that so far seems to work the best. However, this is all non data driven feel. It'll be interesting to see. What the fitter and his LM come up with.

So far I'm really liking the SFT and have not found the fixed weight an issue or feel like I need it.

D Day to fitter is 13 days.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

When I was doing my driver testing this year, the one thing that had me puzzled is the difference between the normal 410 Plus and the SFT.  Do you guys feel there's any differences in the two clubs if you would move the weight into the draw position on the normal 410?  For those of you that went with the SFT, is there a reason that you went with the SFT rather than using the movable weight?

Also, how do you guys feel about the hosel adjustability?  Do you guys feel that jumping a full degree is too great of a jump compared to the 0.6* of the previous models?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

The boys at TXG really showed how the weight in the 410 affects flight. Great video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

17 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

When I was doing my driver testing this year, the one thing that had me puzzled is the difference between the normal 410 Plus and the SFT.  Do you guys feel there's any differences in the two clubs if you would move the weight into the draw position on the normal 410?  For those of you that went with the SFT, is there a reason that you went with the SFT rather than using the movable weight?

Also, how do you guys feel about the hosel adjustability?  Do you guys feel that jumping a full degree is too great of a jump compared to the 0.6* of the previous models?

Let's see if I can quote this accurately from the PING fitter in PHX. 

The 410+ in the draw setting will have 9 more yards of right to left (for a RH) flight then left in the neutral setting.   

The SFT a fixed weight in the heel will have 9 more yards of Right to Left than that.   So 18 more yards than a 410+ in the Neutral position. 

As for the hosel settings.  I haven't messed with mine really since my fitting.   I have the weight in the draw setting and lie is neutral. 

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Let's see if I can quote this accurately from the PING fitter in PHX. 

The 410+ in the draw setting will have 9 more yards of right to left (for a RH) flight then left in the neutral setting.   

The SFT a fixed weight in the heel will have 9 more yards of Right to Left than that.   So 18 more yards than a 410+ in the Neutral position. 

As for the hosel settings.  I haven't messed with mine really since my fitting.   I have the weight in the draw setting and lie is neutral. 

Thank you!  That makes a lot more sense.

On ‎04‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Hey PA....Help me out as I lost track of your shaft switches, felt like I was in the mirror funny house.   Which one ended up working for you best the new Alta off the Bay, or the Tensi that you ordered for the testing.    The Alta was the one the fitter said was best correct?

I'm glad you found one that works, I'm just confused on which one it was. 

Also glad the range troll helped.  That's a rare case indeed...ha

Heh, at the moment, I only have 2 shafts for my 410 driver; Tensei Orange in stiff (-1/2") which is what I had PING put on it and I also have an Alta in reg (std length) I got off the Bay. The Tensei is far better of the two for me so the Alta is going back up for sale soon. I want to try a PING Tour shaft though...🤨

Been struggling with both drivers of late (due to my grip change most likely), but there is potential there that I just need to unlock. This new grip style has really helped out my irons and has actually given me some distance gains  with them that was much needed. Drivers continue to frustrate however...😫

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Fellow testers,

@jlukes, @tony@CIC, @fixyurdivot, @GolfSpy STUDque & @Golfspy_CG2, anyone beside myself hating the sound of this driver? I've not heard anyone pipe up about it thus far, but for me it's almost as obnoxious sounding as my old G-Series that I just couldn't stand. To me, PING has stepped backward with this aesthetic where the 400 had a more muted tone to it which was a major reason I got it last year. I plan on doing a comparison between the sound each makes in my pending stage-2, but so far the "tinny" report this thing makes is just not pleasing at all. Thoughts?

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

30 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Fellow testers,

@jlukes, @tony@CIC, @fixyurdivot, @GolfSpy STUDque & @Golfspy_CG2, anyone beside myself hating the sound of this driver? I've not heard anyone pipe up about it thus far, but for me it's almost as obnoxious sounding as my old G-Series that I just couldn't stand. To me, PING has stepped backward with this aesthetic where the 400 had a more muted tone to it which was a major reason I got it last year. I plan on doing a comparison between the sound each makes in my pending stage-2, but so far the "tinny" report this thing makes is just not pleasing at all. Thoughts?

It's actually grown on me. I didn't like when I demoed it inside but I like the sound on the course and on the range 

32 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Fellow testers,

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

My former driver was a G30 so this one is like a dream for me. Both drivers are louder on mis-hits but I'm finding the center of the club face much more often with G410 than I ever did with the G30. 

Instead of the usual CLANG or PAONG, I'm getting a very satisfying KABLOW BOOOM PIKAEWEEE 

image.gif

The rest might feel otherwise comparing it to various OEMs

I'm kinda in-between these two.   Since I have had the G30 and G400 MAX previously.  

I'd say the point Stud mentions about off center hits is accurate.  I certainly don't notice it on every drive.  But yes there are times it's very remincent of the G30.  However, I don't consider that going backwards.   I just consider it the sound it makes.   As long as it's giving me that nice high ball flight and finding fairways, I'll take whatever sound it brings.  

But I only know with some sound can be a deal breaker.   So up it's definitely another reason people should get fit so they can hear the sound of that's important to them. 

6 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Fellow testers,

Hmm unfortunately that's what I missed with my G20 when I bought my GBB. I really like the sound of my SFT. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I love the sound of my G400 and would be interested to hear the sound of this...

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Interesting on the “sound” issue. Some drivers, yes Ping G included have made some clunky noises on mishits BUT if I can gain decent yardage I’m sure I’ll overlook the clank.
I’m about a month away from swinging driver, looking forward to the 410.
Keep up the Testing guys , enjoying the results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I love the sound of my G400 and would be interested to hear the sound of this...

Check out my video in my Stage-1. It picked up the sound pretty well and it sure is different than my G400.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

3 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Check out my video in my Stage-1. It picked up the sound pretty well and it sure is different than my G400.

I see what you mean. It had a much higher pitched "ping" to my ear 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

1 minute ago, Nunfa0 said:

I see what you mean. It had a much higher pitched "ping" to my ear 😁😎

Indeed. It's quite a change from the 400 and very...well, "distinctive" for sure...So far it gets low marks from me on this particular quality. Now if I could just hit the damn thing with some consistency and get gains like others have found, I may overlook this blemish, but I've been struggling with driver for some time now. Hope to be out of this funk soon.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

The sound definitely is a lot more pingy that the G400, and that surprises me. They really nailed what I like hearing last year, it's one of my favorite things about the club. It's a nice satisfying crunch. But, sound is an afterthought if I'm getting the performance I'm looking for.

Great work so far guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Indeed. It's quite a change from the 400 and very...well, "distinctive" for sure...So far it gets low marks from me on this particular quality. Now if I could just hit the damn thing with some consistency and get gains like others have found, I may overlook this blemish, but I've been struggling with driver for some time now. Hope to be out of this funk soon.

Just curious what are the issues you're having hitting this club? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

12 hours ago, jlukes said:

I plan on recording sounds during my next range session and round! 

Could you do a blind test on us?  Just record the sound and put a voting thing out there to see which one we like the best.

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just curious what are the issues you're having hitting this club? 

I've been experiencing a run of plain old suckiness with driver hitting lately. Topping it or hitting way off the top-heck just about everywhere but the middle of the face it seems...and this with both drivers. Had a bout of the same with my fairway woods briefly too at the same time, but mid-round Friday, I started to do practice take-aways where I'd stop on the backswing when I felt my left arm & shoulder load up. Then I'd set up and hit with that same feeling fresh in my mind with better results. I think I fell into using all arms. Add to this the drastic change in grip style where my right hand is now way over on top where it was way under the club before and my left thumb nestles in my right palm. Iron & wedge hitting has improved with this grip and I have actually gained some distance, but I seem to have a mental block with driver that I just need to practice through. The club is fine and I see potential in it, I really do. The Indian is just mind-screwing himself...

Driver

#Powertotheplayers