Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

Nice job to date guys - just catching up on my reading - looking forward to your take on the adjustability factor

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Any thoughts on best place to hit it on the face? With my g400, I feel a little high on the clubface is where I get the best results. I'm wondering if anyone finds that to be the case here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

20 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Any thoughts on best place to hit it on the face? With my g400, I feel a little high on the clubface is where I get the best results. I'm wondering if anyone finds that to be the case here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Based on the pic I added above, it looks like the sweet spot for both my 410 & 400 SFT's are indeed just above the center line.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Tony
I was “fit” with a senior shaft with my Ping G driver and 400 irons. Last fall at a different fitter they had me in a regular shaft (Mizuno & Rogue) and I did pick up carry. My driver swing speed mid 80’s. Not sure what was going on but I will be going after new driver & irons this summer, probably regular shafts .

Rick

It will be interesting to see what the fitter pulls out of his bag. I took my GBB driver that I changed to a regular shaft last night to play 9 and got about the same distance. But the GBB Was definitely not straight like the SFT, mostly a push-fade.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

21 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

but unlike the CB I offered to send, I'm not willing to borrow out the CK...😜

I'll check back with you after some more laps around your local tracks 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 4/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Straight to the range again tonight with different conditions out there; 10-mph wind direct into us all evening. I decided to play around with the loft settings a bit after my normal up-the-bag warm-up. What I didn't report last night was for the whole session, I was set at -1 putting it at 9.5*. I started there for a few shots tonight and then went to -1.5 (9*) with "meh" results. Took it completely the other way to +1.5 (12*) and started getting some balloons. Backed off to +1 (11.5*) with similar results. Tried "neutral" at 10.5* with ok results, but back at 9.5* seems to awaken the beast. No bombs past 245 into the wind, but I continued to let 'em rip with many hits in the sweet spot. 9.5* is the setting for me. Also, my little launch monitor shows ball speed (not clubhead speed darn it), but my average ball speed with my new grip & hip flip is a much improved average of 139-mph. That roughly equates to around an average swing speed of around 95-mph if I read things right. Much better than the mid 80's I saw during fitting with a crap swing.

More to come. After baseball tomorrow in the morning, I will be golfing in the afternoon with my scramble group at Quail Hollow in Boise. This course is one of more challenging courses in the area with lots of elevation changes and blind shots that are very difficult to tackle. I hope to make some good impressions with this baby! Cheers fellow Spies!

Looking forward to hearing how it went at Quail Hollow. I'm looking for a driver upgrade and all these posts have me excited about checking out the Ping products. Thanks!

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

So slightly high and slightly toe is the Goldilocks zone for this driver then....

Maybe that's a driver test for next year for MGS, find the sweet spot on each driver face 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

21 hours ago, forerightgolfer said:

Looking forward to hearing how it went at Quail Hollow. I'm looking for a driver upgrade and all these posts have me excited about checking out the Ping products. Thanks!

Quail is just a friggin' tough course. I had an "OK" front nine, but hole #1 cost me 2 balls right off the bat. Didn't hit driver until #3 where I pounded it way down the hill and my normal fade went straight (wind didn't assist either) so I landed on the hillside with a tough second shot that ruined that hole too. Driver was a monster all day, the problem was I had zero (I mean none) FIR all day with it, so my accuracy with it needs to be addressed ASAP-obviously🤬. Distance without accuracy is a bit sh** so I was disappointed to say the least, especially when I was having a decent ball-striking day with my irons & wedges... Hope to get to the range tomorrow evening after work and maybe play my home course (Boise Ranch) this weekend where I am way more comfortable. I gotta learn to tame the beast...

0511-0902-2104-4430_Lion_Tamer_in_a_Circus_Holding_a_Chair_clipart_image.jpg.b7774ab5b82750a4b41a15d2f0941c54.jpg

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

49 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Quail is just a friggin' tough course. I had an "OK" front nine, but hole #1 cost me 2 balls right off the bat. Didn't hit driver until #3 where I pounded it way down the hill and my normal fade went straight (wind didn't assist either) so I landed on the hillside with a tough second shot that ruined that hole too. Driver was a monster all day, the problem was I had zero (I mean none) FIR all day with it, so my accuracy with it needs to be addressed ASAP-obviously🤬. Distance without accuracy is a bit sh** so I was disappointed to say the least, especially when I was having a decent ball-striking day with my irons & wedges... Hope to get to the range tomorrow evening after work and maybe play my home course (Boise Ranch) this weekend where I am way more comfortable. I gotta learn to tame the beast...

0511-0902-2104-4430_Lion_Tamer_in_a_Circus_Holding_a_Chair_clipart_image.jpg.b7774ab5b82750a4b41a15d2f0941c54.jpg

Great picture! Thanks for the report and feedback. Would be interesting to see an on course comparison between your current driver and the test driver. Hit both on driver holes. Switch between which you hit 1st on each hole. It won't be perfectly scientific, but it might indicate if the accuracy is a swing/aim influence or a club/spin influence.

Looking forward to more feedback on the driver.

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

On 4/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, tony@CIC said:

So some very good news and some expensive news. Today was the first time the weather improved enough that my wife wanted to play golf. After about 14 holes she says to me "I have never seen you drive the ball so straight - that Ping Driver is really nice"

Then about two holes later she reminds me " you know I've been wanting a new driver for quite some time". Huh ho. $$$$$$$$$$$

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Don't think of it as a dent in your wallet but more as an investment in kitchen passes 😉.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Don't think of it as a dent in your wallet but more as an investment in kitchen passes 😉.

She was at the full bag fitting with me yesterday. Prior to this experience her fittings were from teaching pros who would hand her a club and say "how does that feel".   After we got through all of the Trackman data and the recommendations by the fitter, she's saying "now you're going to buy those  FW's and Hybrids today right"? Of course I really know what that really means because she's scheduled with the same fitter for mid June! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But on the other hand it's kinda of fun when your spouse is into the game as much as you are. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rick,
I finally got into the fitter yesterday and we tried a number of different shafts. If you recall I originally ordered the SFT with a standard length CB 55 Soft Regular flex. Even though my swing speed was in the lower 80's that Trackman data showed my best carry was with a cut down CB 55 Regular Flex shaft. The fitter ended up ordering that shaft at 45"  and for $72.00 I picked up an additional 20 yds of carry. A no brainer for me. 

Definitely works . I’m sure something similar is going to happen with me, at least hope so. I believe the guys I went to just threw me into senior shafts and forget about it. I’ll check back when I get new setup. My shoulder is starting to loosen up so maybe June!! BTW, 20 yards, WOW!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Definitely works . I’m sure something similar is going to happen with me, at least hope so. I believe the guys I went to just threw me into senior shafts and forget about it. I’ll check back when I get new setup. My shoulder is starting to loosen up so maybe June!! BTW, 20 yards, WOW!

Have a speedy recovery! 

FYI part (a of many issues I have) is a steep angle of attack. But it was still very interesting. I've got the trackman data and will be publishing it soon in my stage 2.  20 yds is rounded up from 17.3. Even more interesting  - everything he was putting me into from FW to irons - I was getting more distance and a narrower dispersion.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Have a speedy recovery! 
FYI part (a of many issues I have) is a steep angle of attack. But it was still very interesting. I've got the trackman data and will be publishing it soon in my stage 2.  20 yds is rounded up from 17.3. Even more interesting  - everything he was putting me into from FW to irons - I was getting more distance and as narrower dispersion with.  

Interesting, I also have a steep angle. Looking forward to your Stage 2 and also the remainder of your fitting. I think we may have quite similar swing & swing speeds.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

She was at the full bag fitting with me yesterday. Prior to this experience her fittings were from teaching pros who would hand her a club and say "how does that feel".   After we got through all of the Trackman data and the recommendations by the fitter, she's saying "now you're going to buy those  FW's and Hybrids today right"? Of course I really know what that really means because she's scheduled with the same fitter for mid June! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But on the other hand it's kinda of fun when your spouse is into the game as much as you are. 

You are lucky, my other half refuses to believe that golf is a sport 😵. Although she does let me play whenever I want 😁. The only problem is that she wants to "share" her sport, ju jitsu, with me and that means an a** kicking for my troubles 😭😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

You are lucky, my other half refuses to believe that golf is a sport 😵. Although she does let me play whenever I want 😁. The only problem is that she wants to "share" her sport, ju jitsu, with me and that means an a** kicking for my troubles 😭😁😎

BETTER BE A GOOD BOI OR YOU'RE GETTIN THE OMOPLATA

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Well heck.  I finally finished up some pressing business here in MT, following our return from Yuma, and had plans to see how Driver X performs at altitude (we're a mile high +).  On my way back from Dillon Thursday, I started to get that fatigued, sinking feeling and by Friday morning had a full blown cold.  Been a lounge lizard for the past 3 days (thank God for The Golf Channel).  I'm hoping later this week I can get 9 or 18 in at Madison Meadows.  After playing 3x/week for 5 months, I haven't swung a club for over a month.  Maybe we should move to AZ full time and "sunbird" to MT? 😀   I'm trying spy's, I'm trying.

Wow. How time flies.  Just noticed we're a month into the testings.  Keep the day to day and at minimum weekly thoughts coming.  

Keep in mind Stage two's will be due in two to three weeks.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Played Friday and Saturday. Round recaps coming tomorrow. 

I'm guessing it will include more missle launches in NJ 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

It's just fun to hit when you have this much confidence in a club. Irons into par 5s that I'm normally hitting hybrid into is crazy 

I miss that feeling 😭

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Wow. How time flies.  Just noticed we're a month into the testings.  Keep the day to day and at minimum weekly thoughts coming.  

That timeframe is going to work for me. My new shaft should be in next week. In the meantime I'm playing the original and it's pretty nice!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Yea!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I miss that feeling