TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

On 4/26/2019 at 12:06 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

No baseball. No Softball. No Sh**! "Learn it. Know it. Live it....Time to hit the range..!!😎

After my normal warm-up, I started in with my nemesis...Driver🤬. Actually had some decent hits, but then realized..."Hey! You're trying to be too precise!" "Wind-up, be loose and let go dummy!"

Started feeling it and got some Mojo working on a perfect wind-less night. The shots just started coming and I began to hit the center of the face and began to just whip some of them off...

IMG_20190425_185355920.thumb.jpg.3aaa42d57a572a582d728e77b10c479f.jpg

230... 230... 264...251....242.....241...….258...…...270........!

YES!!!!!🤩

I then pulled my G400 and un-corked several with it too...217...228...229...221...208...242...248...254

I can honestly say I've never had a driver shot go more than 240 before...EVER! My new-found grip along with a proper hip-flip has shown me something...distance.... and with both clubs! This battle for supremacy is ON!!! I finally had the chance to actually compare my two drivers side-by-side for real and took full advantage of it.

IMG_20190425_185818594_HDR.thumb.jpg.e41b835db402aeda148c0d4b22961265.jpg

Tonight's conclusion? For once I am confident that I've gathered some valuable and tangible data that is easy to disseminate.The G410 was a true monster and I felt that it easily won the night in performance over my G400. I gave everything I had to the 400, but it just couldn't seem to keep up. I've never...EVER recorded a shot of 270 before, and yet there it was!🎆 The difference in average? 230 vs. 248!! This 410 has some real pop and so far, it appears to be holding up to PING's claims of being "better". I'm drinking the Cool-Aid now...🤪

More to come fellow spies. Cheers all!

This, along with the crappy weather, isn't helping my wallet. Currently hanging out on carslgolfland.com looking at options for a g410, despite me hitting my g400 very well...haha

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

So how many of you testers are going to test the LST when it's available? For those who are loving and getting along well, do you think you would benefit from a few less RPMs? Especially you high speed dudes like @jlukes?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 minutes ago, yungkory said:

So how many of you testers are going to test the LST when it's available? For those who are loving and getting along well, do you think you would benefit from a few less RPMs? Especially you high speed dudes like @jlukes?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it. If it's anything like the LST 3 wood where it's lower spin but not a knuckle ball machine than I'll definitely see if I can find a LST driver head at some point. 

If it's too low spin it would only accentuate my hook miss and that would be no Bueno for me. The high floaty right miss I get with the G410 Plus is still very playable and we all know golf is a game of misses 

Do any of you guys fight a push or fade? Can this club help with that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Really enjoying the journey with the testing, thinking that I really need to get fit for  this driver. I believe that there is a fitting day coming up locally very soon. Will be very interested to see what it feels like for my swing.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

32 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

Really enjoying the journey with the testing, thinking that I really need to get fit for  this driver. I believe that there is a fitting day coming up locally very soon. Will be very interested to see what it feels like for my swing.

Mick, 

Make sure they have Trackman to help you in the selection process. I have been to fittings at our course and others where it's more look and feel vs. data.  I knew prior to my fitting that the Trackman data was important  but not to  the degree that i saw in my fitting. As I stated in an earlier post, I ended up in a shaft which was out of the norm for my swing speed and cut down by 3/4" to boot. i also thought that the Ping 410 plus head might be better suited for me with the adjustable weight. But the data proved otherwise. $250. for the full bag fitting was money well spent! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 hours ago, yungkory said:

Not in the least. I'm pleased where I'm at. I appreciate the fact that LST is gonna be a great driver and will make a lot of people happy. But I'm going to embrace the "set it and forget it" mentality since 410+ is working so well for me. 

10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

image.gif

I've found the best results come when I embrace the push/fade. That's when it flies the straightest and longest. If I try to force it otherwise, I hit a foul ball left. These may be famous last words, but I've yet to send one sailing wide right even when I put a swing on it that felt like it should've done that. Take the FWIW. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

56 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

If it is an an PING Fitting Day with the rep in attendance, he will have a trackman and full assortment of shafts.   #FittingMatters

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

My natural shot is a fade.  My big miss is a pull hook, when I try to compensate for the fade a bit.   With the 410+ set to draw, i don't really slice this much (when I do, it's becasue I've come completely out of the shot and nothing is going to stop that)   The draw setting hasn't and won't turn a fade into a draw, that's up to you to do, but it does help keep those pushes to the right on the right side of the fairway as opposed to the rough.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Not in the least. I'm pleased where I'm at. I appreciate the fact that LST is gonna be a great driver and will make a lot of people happy. But I'm going to embrace the "set it and forget it" mentality since 410+ is working so well for me. 

Good to see you adhere to the Ronco school of golf club buying Stud.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

image.gif.964e8122bb517efd14b51f2efa68f6e9.gif
I've found the best results come when I embrace the push/fade. That's when it flies the straightest and longest. If I try to force it otherwise, I hit a foul ball left. These may be famous last words, but I've yet to send one sailing wide right even when I put a swing on it that felt like it should've done that. Take the FWIW. 
There's how I feel about the Flash, but I'm not strong willed enough to follow thru with not tinkering. I have a problem with the "forget it" part.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Round Recap - May 8th

I installed my Arccos sensors the previous night and wanted to get out for 9 holes the next afternoon.  We got over an inch of rain the night before and the course was soggy, so I knew any distances I got would be true carry distances.  Our of the gate the G410 had me smiling.  Beautiful high bomb down the right hand side of the fairway.  Normally I have PW or SW into the 1st green.  Today I had an easy SW - and I got no roll.  

May8_1.thumb.png.817fedabefd9413516762efe29ef4c8a.png

On the 3rd hole I hit one low and out of the heel.  Thankfully the ball landed in standing water and stayed in bounds.  It was a really bad swing and awful strike, but I still got a playable distance out of the G410

May8_4.png.c112e534a65b83d298dfde98c9a1b8c8.png

The drive of the round came on my nemesis hole.  It is a long uphill Par 4 that always plays into the wind.  On this day, it was also wet, so I knew I had to hit a good drive to even have a chance of getting a long iron into the green for my 2nd shot.  I pounded it.  Beautiful high draw to the middle of the fairway.  When I got up to my ball I found it plugged in the middle of the fairway.  277 carry, slightly uphill and all carry?  I will take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

May8_2.thumb.png.b8564384c36495f6832a2527c28df11e.png

It was just a quick 9, but I shot +1 37 with 2 birdies.  Just a lot of confidence in this driver - especially as it continues to mitigate the left miss for me

May8_3.png.9e7cf13bd39ec9fe0000998b9a8a0170.png

Round Recap - May 9th

Excited to get more Arccos data for my review, I got in 18 the following day.I guess subconsciously I really wanted to test the lower part of the face this round.  It was cold, windy, and even rained a bit during this round.  My swing was garbage as I never could get warm, but the stability of the G410 kept me in play and let me shoot a respectable +8 80 given the conditions and quality of my swing I brought to the course.

I was pulling out of a lot of my shots, which led to quite a few drives that were low on the face.  Here is one that put me up against the lip of a fairway bunker.  Again, a more than respectable distance for how awful a strike this was.

May9_4.thumb.png.8d53f21c09911ead8a9a6f09fa892cec.png

The drive below was a fantastic strike into a stiff cold wind.  Ground conditions were still soft from the rain 2 days prior, so it was mostly carry.  I see a nice launch with a stable spin number on most drives which still gets through  headwind without many issues.

May9_3.thumb.png.82ec03172edaf95659f494007e473982.png

My longest drive on the day came close to the end of the round.  Nice high soft baby draw.  This hole is tough and normally I have about 150 or so into the green.  Not today with the G410.  

May9_1.thumb.png.f5ec5c5d33203593cb979e359ae4b423.png

This round really showed me everything the G410 has to offer.  When you don't bring your A game, it is still going to produce playable drives.  When you bring your A game, the G410 is a bomber.  That is the exact balance I have always looked for in a driver and the G410 is giving me exactly what I need.

May9_2.png.9528bb04aea716fb21e6a8b66c2bc951.png

I look forward to sharing more Arccos information as I build up more data points, but so far it has been nice to see the data validating what I have been seeing with the naked eye.

Range Recap - May 10th

One thing I noticed over the last few rounds was I was hitting the ball pretty high.  Not overly high, but just high enough were it seemed a bit suboptimal.  Watching TXG videos helped me realize that I might be closing the face too slowly, resulting in added loft.  This was great for eliminating the left side for me, but I could be sacrificing some distance and also losing a few more shots right than I intended.  Today at the range I moved the sliding weight back to neutral  and lofted down (which opened the face).  What I saw were slightly lower balls that still favored the right side.  This was extremely promising to see.  I also saw less of the super high bleeder to the right, which was very good to see as well.  I will take this setup onto the course for the next few rounds to see how things pan out.  At first pass, it really does look like Ping has given a golfer a variety of tools to adjust the club to his or her needs/preferred ball flight

May8_4.png

@jkukes, thank you for the write up. I have an Arccos question and in your limited time with it you may not be able to answer. Your “smart distance and range” show 246 (low) and 294 (longest shot). Two of the drives you shared were 242 and 244 which I would take all day, however Arrcos doesn’t reflect either as your lowest. My Garmin watch does that, do you know why it may not pick them up? Thanks

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

9 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

@jkukes, thank you for the write up. I have an Arccos question and in your limited time with it you may not be able to answer. Your “smart distance and range” show 246 (low) and 294 (longest shot). Two of the drives you shared were 242 and 244 which I would take all day, however Arrcos doesn’t reflect either as your lowest. My Garmin watch does that, do you know why it may not pick them up? Thanks

Per the Arccos website

Your Smart Distance is Arccos’ estimation of your expected distance on a well-struck shot. Based on your historical data, it excludes mishits, and abnormally long shots giving you a much better picture of your true club distances.

The Smart Distance metric eliminates the need to manually curate your shots, as Arccos will automatically do it for you, however users may turn Smart Distance off in the settings page. Doing this will show club averages on the clubs page where you can manually include or exclude shots.

Your Smart Range is Arccos’ estimation of your expected range on well-struck shots. A narrower range is indicative of more consistent shot performance.

So since I have a limited data set with only 27 holes, the ranges are a bit off.  It has eliminated some bad shots from the smart range ( such as the 242 and 244 you mentioned) based on knowing how far I have hit good drives, but I simply do not have enough data points for it to have truly accurate smart ranges yet.  In fact, the Arccos Caddie system doesn't even kick in until you have 90 holes worth of data.  I imagine that my driver smart range will tighten up considerably as I get more data and the weather gets nicer.  It will be interesting to see where the low end of my range ends up, but based on what I have read, it will likely go up into low 260s eventually.

41 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I think it tries to eliminate outliers, and give you a true distance range of the club. I hit a tree off the tee in my last round, for a total drive distance of like 105y, but my "low" distance range is still around 260, even though I've hit some drives in the same 240y range as well. I think once @jlukes has a couple more rounds in Arccos his "low" distance range will go up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So since I have a limited data set with only 27 holes, the ranges are a bit off.  It has eliminated some bad shots from the smart range ( such as the 242 and 244 you mentioned) based on knowing how far I have hit good drives, but I simply do not have enough data points for it to have truly accurate smart ranges yet.  In fact, the Arccos Caddie system doesn't even kick in until you have 90 holes worth of data.  I imagine that my driver smart range will tighten up considerably as I get more data and the weather gets nicer.  It will be interesting to see where the low end of my range ends up, but based on what I have read, it will likely go up into low 260s eventually.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Yeah, I’d be interested to see where your low end ends up in better conditions and over time. I’m glad the driver is working out well for you.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, yungkory said:

Yeah, the LST is way out of my ability range. I need EVEREYTHING the SFT gives me and I'm warming up to it for sure...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Brief warm-up straight off the plane earlier today, and the first drive with my G410 SFT driver came in at 248 right out of the gate!😍 Had a pretty good driver day with it and while I was more excited to try my new G410 SFT 7w (178-190 or so club), I was offered little chance with it since my better drives are seemingly leaving me with more manageable second shot distances-or so it seems. I haven't seen that 270 monster drive (that doesn't go straight-left OB...) anomaly rear up again, but counting on driver to now be in the 240's or just beyond without too much more effort I used with the G400 is becoming something I like...A LOT! 😁This series of clubs is very exciting what with the driver coming on and the 7w filling the ugly gap I've fought for a couple of seasons. The 410 series is for real!

Also, am warming up to the sound it makes. Though not as "muted" as my 400 was, the distinctive "THWA-NGK" is has is something that I am starting to kind-of ignore...especially on the good shots...and there are many more of those now and longer too-no joke...😎

NO APOLOGIES! 😉

Edited by PING Apologist #9
added text

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 5/6/2019 at 11:27 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Can confirm, the confidence is high with this club. I've been in a funk for a few years where I just can't swing freely with the driver which is an absolute shame. Now, I'm having a lot of fun letting it rip. 

That is fantastic, I am going to a fitting on Tuesday, really looking forward to it.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

Wish this sh***y weather would clear up so I can finish my SFT stage 2 testing! However I can confirm, just like fixyurdivot said - there's a very high confidence in this driver. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, Mick Close said:

That is fantastic, I am going to a fitting on Tuesday, really looking forward to it.

Is your fitting specifically for the G410?  If so, ask to try all of the no upcharge shaft options  they have available.  I chose not to try them based on my fitter comments but wish I had just to remove any doubts.  Have fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Good to see you adhere to the Ronco school of golf club buying Stud.

Haven’t heard that in years

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

my pro has a demo G410 driver- going to try a few holes with it shortly against my Titleist 910D3 (which misbehaved at the weekend by going towards trees, hugging the base of trees when it stopped, and hitting off trees and bouncing into thick thick rough).

Does it do this because it thinks it's made of wood and is trying to go 'home' 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 5/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Yesterday I managed to get my first round of 2019 in Montana at Madison Meadows (Ennis, MT). While still coughing quite a bit and feeling a bit tired, the weather was just too inviting not to give it a go. The course was near deserted allowing me to play a 2 ball game. Here were the results.

1211360028_MMscorecard.thumb.jpg.15093fb08babea885b12c289da1c033c.jpg

The dots indicate drives in the fairway - or close enough on a few that the first cut presented no disadvantage. The front 9 was played with my driver in the same lie/loft and neutral position I'd been using while in Yuma. For the back 9, I switched the moveable weight to the draw position.  The split box numbers were drive lengths for ball 1 and 2 on selected holes based on my Voice Buddy.

I really did not notice that much difference between the "neutral" and "draw" positions.  Most of my contact marks on the front 9 were mid/high towards the toe.  The marks in draw position were pretty similar - certainly not a definite shift.  I still plan to do another iron fitting soon and my fitter has offered to help with this review by capturing some ball flight data.  I think this will be much more telling than what I can assess out on the course.  

Hole 6 is the #1 and #2 handicap depending on the tee box.  I play this course from white, then blue tees.  The hole, a Z-shape, is really a challenge unless you can carry the ball a healthy 230 yards to clear the draw (canyon) and OB (fly the hill just right of the small shack).  Add to that, if you don't have a right to left ball flight and really drill it, you hit through the fairway and into a hazard.  It's a love/hate hole design!  Most players simply hit up the right side (fairway left of the house) with driver or 3w taking the long, precision drive out of the way.

Hole #6 Blue Tee

573156383_MMhole6tee.thumb.jpg.62b7b8540b06db27b54b0f6fc7ccc105.jpg

I normally opt for the right side but Driver X has given me some added confidence and we're in test mode.... so bombs away!  On the front 9, both drives from white cleared the corner, and found the small saddle area on the fairway (mid point in photo).  While happy with getting there, it was really not a great position for the second shot  as it leaves one down in a swale and completely blind to the rest of the fairway.  I managed a birdie on ball 2 with a lucky 30 ft chip in!  For some of you big bombers, this would be a fun hole.  For me, I'm playing up the right side from here on unless there is a healthy tailwind 😁.

Here's a few more pictures from the course.

Hole #5's Blind Tee Shot (Blue tee is about 20 ft higher, behind and to the right)

523309040_MMhole5tee.thumb.jpg.45a0f2b6dcdd427366b86dc09a0ab5d6.jpg

Looking back to Hole #6 tee (Madison Range in background)

225023062_MMhole6green.thumb.jpg.0f1235616493efbfe3d69eee5fac0276.jpg

Hole #5 green 1577647036_MMhole5green.thumb.jpg.a87c3b8685a2de7a81dd8c0bbcc8d904.jpg

The G410 continues to feel good to me and adding confidence to my drives.  I only had one drive that faded to any appreciable extent.  Most were pretty straight with just a whisker of right to left movement.  I'll try and get another round in at Beaverhead GC next week and perhaps repeat the neutral vs. draw change and see if it shows us something.

Thanks for following along!

Absolutely gorgeous scenery. One of the things I missed about being out West.

Confidence is a great thing. So much fun to step up to the tee box and know you're going to stripe it. As I mentioned in the Epic Flash thread, I'm experiencing the same. Sounds like the G410 is a winner as well.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

New shaft finally arrived yesterday for my 410 SFT. Apparently delayed a week because Ping had a run of bad shafts. Can't wait to try it out for the first time tonight in Men's league.  

IMG_5957.JPG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Played yesterday with the new cut down CB-55 R yesterday. OMG!  More details to come next week. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart