TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

For me it was all about what I was seeing on the range and on the course 

+1.  I thought I had it pretty dialed in following the initial fitting and play while in Yuma.  But as noted in my stage 2, with the advantage of seeing  ball flight data, a new setting has been established.  I haven't had a chance to hit range or course balls as yet - seems "old man winter" is being pretty obstinate about releasing his grip. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

How did you guys determine the proper hosel setting?  Ball flight?  Launch monitor?  Feel?

It was simple - launch monitor. If you check my stage 2 you'll see the results of my session with the fitter. Currently I have mine set at *6 on a 10.5 SFT with a CB 55 R flex shaft. The only issue I have is on very windy days driving into a headwind. On those days I slip my Ping 400 3i crossover into the bag and use it off the tee.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Stage 2 Placeholder

My stage-II is live!!! Click here to read and thanks to all!!!: 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Just curious which 400 did you play with...Max, SFT? Did you try the 410 Plus  with the movable weight to take out your "power fade"? I had the opposite result with the SFT - it was straight everytime and I have the same CB 55 R Flex shaft cut down 1/2" . However, as a disclaimer i do use a strong grip (on all clubs - not just driver). 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 4/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

PING G410 SFT Driver - Stage 2 Review - Ping Apologist #9

TRY ONE!!! IMMEDIATELY!!! You will not be disappointed and you may even be surprised. With the addition of the G410 LST (Low Spin Tech) drivers just a few days ago, the PING G410 line is finally complete and should appeal to just about all types of golfers. As for my personal misgivings about the sound my driver makes, don’t let that little gig prevent you from giving one of these a whirl. It may grow on you and is distinctive enough to maybe even be proud of. To me, the investment made of your hard-earned dollars will be instantly realized as a solid investment into your golfing future.

Thank-you for reading and please feel free to ask me any questions you have at any time.

Good solid honest review and I love it!   Well done 👏

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

36 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Good solid honest review and I love it!   Well done 👏

Thanks OG! That really means a lot and I appreciate you! Cheers my friend!😁

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Just curious which 400 did you play with...Max, SFT? Did you try the 410 Plus  with the movable weight to take out your "power fade"? I had the opposite result with the SFT - it was straight everytime and I have the same CB 55 R Flex shaft cut down 1/2" . However, as a disclaimer i do use a strong grip (on all clubs - not just driver). 

My G400 was the SFT model, so I was literally comparing apples against apples. PING's claim for the 410 SFT was that it has "50% more heel-side CG than G400" which is supposed to ensure straighter ball flights (see pic)IMG_20190403_230149792.jpg.d49411d0f95729158a6418ac0916ef36.jpg

You can see the weight on the 410 on it's extreme backside near the shaft while the weight for the G400 looks more centered and is set in the bottom, so from a physical view, the 50% claim is valid. But generally for my crappy, swiping-swing, I have had troubles keeping the ball flight straight and certainly never see a draw of any kind despite the SFT  built in to these. When I was fitted for the 410, Dick's didn't have a SFT head at the time, so I hit the G410 Plus head with the weight in the "draw-bias" position with similar results on the LM; fades & slices. Disclaimer: there I was still in weak-grip mode...

I think my biggest issue is NOT the club, but finding a good and repeatable strong grip and to stop coming in over the top or in too steeply. The times I have this set, this club shines and does its job very well. I simply have to focus more on doing my job with it properly. I will however continue to tinker with it to find my mental happy place with it. I have a different shaft (Aldila Tour Blue) I want to try and I also want to grab up some different weights. This story is not over yet.

Thanks for the questions!!😀

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

9 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

My G400 was the SFT model, so I was literally comparing apples against apples. PING's claim for the 410 SFT was that it has "50% more heel-side CG than G400" which is supposed to ensure straighter ball flights (see pic)IMG_20190403_230149792.jpg.d49411d0f95729158a6418ac0916ef36.jpg

You can see the weight on the 410 on it's extreme backside near the shaft while the weight for the G400 looks more centered and is set in the bottom, so from a physical view, the 50% claim is valid. But generally for my crappy, swiping-swing, I have had troubles keeping the ball flight straight and certainly never see a draw of any kind despite the SFT  built in to these. When I was fitted for the 410, Dick's didn't have a SFT head at the time, so I hit the G410 Plus head with the weight in the "draw-bias" position with similar results on the LM; fades & slices. Disclaimer: there I was still in weak-grip mode...

I think my biggest issue is NOT the club, but finding a good and repeatable strong grip and to stop coming in over the top or in too steeply. The times I have this set, this club shines and does its job very well. I simply have to focus more on doing my job with it properly. I will however continue to tinker with it to find my mental happy place with it. I have a different shaft (Aldila Tour Blue) I want to try and I also want to grab up some different weights. This story is not over yet.

Thanks for the questions!!😀

Steep AoA? You haven't seen steep - until you'll seen mine 🤣.

I'd start by transitioning from the weak grip to at least neutral and see what impact (no pun intended) that has on ball flight.. With the strong grip my normal flight path is now a cut that comes back into the middle of the fairway. FYI my fitter tried me with the Plus and even with the draw setting, It didn't work as well as my SFT. But obviously everyone is different. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

45 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Steep AoA? You haven't seen steep - until you'll seen mine 🤣.

I'd start by transitioning from the weak grip to at least neutral and see what impact (no pun intended) that has on ball flight.. With the strong grip my normal flight path is now a cut that comes back into the middle of the fairway. FYI my fitter tried me with the Plus and even with the draw setting, It didn't work as well as my SFT. But obviously everyone is different. 

What's weird for me is that I can hit fairway woods nice-n-crisp and my irons have all come alive the minute I went to the stronger grip. All go straight with consistent flight paths and I am very comfortable with them all. Perhaps my biggest flaw with driver is my take-away...if that's "effed" from the start, the whole blinking swing goes to He**!😖 Gotta get me a lesson or 12 I know, but that takes extra cash that I simply do not have at this time. The self-diagnosis will just have to suffice for now unfortunately...😬

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

With my foot feeling way better, I decided to hit the range before the t-storms get here. After a quick warm-up and some instruction to my Son on his first whack at golf, I pulled driver and simply tried to relax....

First one out of the gate was a duff with a divot...😱 and I thought to myself, "I can't suck that bad...Can I!?" No chance. Second hit... 267 with a slight fade! Now we're talkin'! LET'S GO! 239, 250, 227, 230, 242, 248, 261, 256 & 230! Average: 245! I won't lie and indeed did have the occasional duff/divot mixed in that I deleted (2 really bad ones like the first), but this little performance for me was just AWESOME. I felt that with relaxed, but strong grip (not strongly gripped..!) I was getting supreme results over and over again. Had one of these (the 242 or 248 shot) that was a swipe job that "power-faded" way right, but all in all, most flights were either pretty damn straight, or with slight fades. I can deal with those.

Just gotta think: Strong (but relaxed) "natural" grip coupled with a smooth, shallow take-away, left arm stiff, good wrist hinge and throw the club at the ball...wrap the follow-thru around the neck...Magic. Now can I please hit a friggin' fairway with the darn thing?! We'll see. Playing 18 starting at 08:00 tomorrow at the Ranch.

Giddy-up!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Great stage 2 reviews, guys! It's good to see that the 410 performed for each one of you. I honestly didn't see how Ping was going to improve on last year's model, but I see they have.

@PING Apologist #9 your comic style in the reviews are great. I like the fact that you picked up a wood to compliment the driver, she's one good looking club.

You guys really nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just now, sirchunksalot said:

Great stage 2 reviews, guys! It's good to see that the 410 performed for each one of you. I honestly didn't see how Ping was going to improve on last year's model, but I see they have.

@Ping_Apologist_#9 your comic style in the reviews are great. I like the fact that you picked up a wood to compliment the driver, she's one good looking club.

You guys really nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dude, I thank-you from the bottom of my heart. THIS really means a lot my friend-in fact I'm a bit misty to be honest... CHEERRS!! Now go keep kicking A** with that Epic!!! I'm-a-watchin'!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I felt that with relaxed, but strong grip (not strongly gripped..!)

Thanks for further elaborating. I think everyone on this forum understands the difference but we may have some golf newbies here that don't.

My golf world changed (positively) when I went to a strong grip (from Driver to PW).

Good luck tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Thanks for further elaborating. I think everyone on this forum understands the difference but we may have some golf newbies here that don't.

My golf world changed (positively) when I went to a strong grip (from Driver to PW).

Good luck tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks Bud! I'm stoked to get out there and for sure will report in on my experiences. You're the best and please keep them coming!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

On ‎05‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

With my foot feeling way better, I decided to hit the range before the t-storms get here. After a quick warm-up and some instruction to my Son on his first whack at golf, I pulled driver and simply tried to relax....

First one out of the gate was a duff with a divot...😱 and I thought to myself, "I can't suck that bad...Can I!?" No chance. Second hit... 267 with a slight fade! Now we're talkin'! LET'S GO! 239, 250, 227, 230, 242, 248, 261, 256 & 230! Average: 245! I won't lie and indeed did have the occasional duff/divot mixed in that I deleted (2 really bad ones like the first), but this little performance for me was just AWESOME. I felt that with relaxed, but strong grip (not strongly gripped..!) I was getting supreme results over and over again. Had one of these (the 242 or 248 shot) that was a swipe job that "power-faded" way right, but all in all, most flights were either pretty damn straight, or with slight fades. I can deal with those.

Just gotta think: Strong (but relaxed) "natural" grip coupled with a smooth, shallow take-away, left arm stiff, good wrist hinge and throw the club at the ball...wrap the follow-thru around the neck...Magic. Now can I please hit a friggin' fairway with the darn thing?! We'll see. Playing 18 starting at 08:00 tomorrow at the Ranch.

Giddy-up!

6/13 FIR today...G410 SFT Driver showed up to play today😀

Edited by PING Apologist #9
spelling

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Thanks guys - I’m heading for my long game fitting this morning but will also be looking at irons and driver.

These really had me excited particularly fix your divots review. We have around the same SS and if I could gain 6 more yards of carry and get my spin rate back down to 2400 I would be one happy camper. It would net big yards for me -

I just had the crap beaten out of me by a course where we were forced to play a set of tees back because that’s where our outting was from - and I easily drove the ball the best of anyone in our group. 2 of the guys were longer than I but they visited OB as much as the fairway. That’s partially a result of playing from too long too as they were hitting drivers on holes that were tight. I’m exhausted from hitting so many hybrids and 3 woods. It’s just not a fun way to play. The great guys easily made up for it.

Of note we were first off and finished two full holes ahead of the next group. The ranger actually came out to us on 15 to thank us for playing at a good pace. That good pace was still a 4 hour round in 96 degree heat. Just play the right tees if you’re setting up an outing! :)

Okay vent I’ve, thanks again for these reviews - very helpful. I will hop back on after today’s fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Guys,

A bit of advice please.  I have the G410 plus for about 4 weeks.  9 degree and draw setting. Noticing 2 things are reasonably consistently happening:

1.  2/3 of my strokes are towards the heel

2. 60% of my tee shots are fading and missing right.

So I know I have work to do on my swing to get line of attack more from the inside to avoid the fade.

However, utilising the settings available on G410 PLUS what settings would you guys suggest I try that might be best suited to mitigating fade and heel strikes.  

Edited by Cookester

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Thanks guys - I’m heading for my long game fitting this morning but will also be looking at irons and driver.

These really had me excited particularly fix your divots review. We have around the same SS and if I could gain 6 more yards of carry and get my spin rate back down to 2400 I would be one happy camper. It would net big yards for me -

I just had the crap beaten out of me by a course where we were forced to play a set of tees back because that’s where our outting was from - and I easily drove the ball the best of anyone in our group. 2 of the guys were longer than I but they visited OB as much as the fairway. That’s partially a result of playing from too long too as they were hitting drivers on holes that were tight. I’m exhausted from hitting so many hybrids and 3 woods. It’s just not a fun way to play. The great guys easily made up for it.

Of note we were first off and finished two full holes ahead of the next group. The ranger actually came out to us on 15 to thank us for playing at a good pace. That good pace was still a 4 hour round in 96 degree heat. Just play the right tees if you’re setting up an outing! 🙂

Okay vent I’ve, thanks again for these reviews - very helpful. I will hop back on after today’s fitting.

Setting a charity scramble up on long tees is asking for trouble.  We almost always use our 6,100 yard tees, and have 60 and above play the gold (5700) and implement a bogey max score.   If you're putting for bogey or even par in a scramble, you don't need to be worried about winning...ha

Anxious to hear about your testing fitting, and also what you think of the driver and irons you demo as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Of note we were first off and finished two full holes ahead of the next group. The ranger actually came out to us on 15 to thank us for playing at a good pace. That good pace was still a 4 hour round in 96 degree heat. Just play the right tees if you’re setting up an outing! 🙂

Good luck Rev! Have fun and I cannot wait to hear back on your findings!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, Cookester said:

Guys,

A bit of advice please.  I have the G410 plus for about 4 weeks.  9 degree and fade setting. Noticing 2 things are reasonably consistently happening:

1.  2/3 of my strokes are towards the heel

2. 60% of my tee shots are fading and missing right.

So I know I have work to do on my swing to get line of attack more from the inside to avoid the fade.

However, utilising the settings available on G410 PLUS what settings would you guys suggest I try that might be best suited to mitigating fade and heel strikes.  

Having the weight in the fade setting is your issue. 

The weight in the fade setting slows down face closure, which means you'll be more prone to lead with the heel and leave the face open. 

Throw the weight in the draw setting and that should mitigate both issues. If that creates too much draw then put the weight in neutral.

If you're trying to keep the fade bias but want to still eliminate heel strikes, set the hosel setting to flat while moving the weight to draw or neutral depending on your preferred shape 

Just now, jlukes said:

Having the weight in the fade setting is your issue. 

The weight in the fade setting slows down face closure, which means you'll be more prone to lead with the heel and leave the face open. 

Throw the weight in the draw setting and that should mitigate both issues. If that creates too much draw then put the weight in neutral.

If you're trying to keep the fade bias but want to still eliminate heel strikes, set the hosel setting to flat while moving the weight to draw or neutral depending on your preferred shape 

jlukes

Thanks for reply.  I actually have it in the draw position.  Have amended my original post. 

So you think setting hosel to flat will help reduce heel strikes?   May I ask why?   Not that I don't trust your advice, just curious as to why that works?

Thanks a million.  

1 hour ago, Cookester said:

jlukes

Thanks for reply.  I actually have it in the draw position.  Have amended my original post. 

So you think setting hosel to flat will help reduce heel strikes?   May I ask why?   Not that I don't trust your advice, just curious as to why that works?

Thanks a million.  

Hmm if it's already in the draw position then you can't really do much. Best bet would be to see if you can get an SFT model, which is more draw biased than the Plus model. 

The flat setting won't help with heel strikes. 

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Rev

How did you make out with the fitting. As much as I love my 410 SFT and won't give it up for anything, I didn't like the 410 irons - my fitter put me into D-7's. They worked a lot better. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Okay first at Rob, I thought of you while we were playing - it was worse - this wasn’t a scramble, so own ball from around 6500 yards at sea level on a TPC course where the winning score when it hosted champions tour events was generally around 8 under.

Still a fun day - Rookie is a great guy even though he doesn’t post here much any more - we just had fun regardless of score.

To the fitting and I in no way mean to steal the thunder of our guys here but it’s a fun comparison because I was a G400 tester so that driver is only 15 months old.

My fitter for that test was a top fitter but not a Ping exclusive guy where as my fitter today is Ping only. My irons are in my bag at a recommendation from a ball fitting a little over 2 years ago.

I won’t talk about the gapping part of the fitting beyond the fact that we started with that and established two things very quickly. I’m a head case and my current G30 irons fit me great. I could still game a 6 iron as the longest iron as I hit it as far as my current next club which I knew going in. My launch angle and spin rates are text book for my swing speed.

So armed with that knowledge I just came from a range session where I flushed iron after iron. Did I mention that I’m a head case? :)

Fast forward an hour and we got to driver at the end of the fitting. I hit some drives with my driver - they were all between 225 and 235 which is what I saw yesterday but ball flight was inconsistent. My fitter said, “I can get you 10 yards - take this, don’t look at it and hit it.” 94 mph SS, 138 ball speed, 228 carry, 240 - launch 15.5 spin rate of 2800. All three with that driver were like that - really high window- reminded me of the SLDR - he said yeah but this is way more forgiving. Even the one you missed went 228 and would be in most fairways.

So it was a 12 degree 410 plus with a senior flex shaft. He said he’s fit a few guys like me with this shaft - it’s made for your consistent swing and tempo - just don’t be afraid of the high launch window and a little spin.

I ordered the driver and will let you know how it does when it comes in. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

Okay first at Rob, I thought of you while we were playing - it was worse - this wasn’t a scramble, so own ball from around 6500 yards at sea level on a TPC course where the winning score when it hosted champions tour events was generally around 8 under.

Still a fun day - Rookie is a great guy even though he doesn’t post here much any more - we just had fun regardless of score.

To the fitting and I in no way mean to steal the thunder of our guys here but it’s a fun comparison because I was a G400 tester so that driver is only 15 months old.

My fitter for that test was a top fitter but not a Ping exclusive guy where as my fitter today is Ping only. My irons are in my bag at a recommendation from a ball fitting a little over 2 years ago.

I won’t talk about the gapping part of the fitting beyond the fact that we started with that and established two things very quickly. I’m a head case and my current G30 irons fit me great. I could still game a 6 iron as the longest iron as I hit it as far as my current next club which I knew going in. My launch angle and spin rates are text book for my swing speed.

So armed with that knowledge I just came from a range session where I flushed iron after iron. Did I mention that I’m a head case? 🙂

Fast forward an hour and we got to driver at the end of the fitting. I hit some drives with my driver - they were all between 225 and 235 which is what I saw yesterday but ball flight was inconsistent. My fitter said, “I can get you 10 yards - take this, don’t look at it and hit it.” 94 mph SS, 138 ball speed, 228 carry, 240 - launch 15.5 spin rate of 2800. All three with that driver were like that - really high window- reminded me of the SLDR - he said yeah but this is way more forgiving. Even the one you missed went 228 and would be in most fairways.

So it was a 12 degree 410 plus with a senior flex shaft. He said he’s fit a few guys like me with this shaft - it’s made for your consistent swing and tempo - just don’t be afraid of the high launch window and a little spin.

I ordered the driver and will let you know how it does when it comes in. 🙂

Sounds like you have a winner. Interesting - I went the other way with a slower swing speed. I ordered mine with a CB-55 SR Flex. Went to a fitting afterwards and he put me into a CB-55 R Flex cut down 1/2 inch. I am nailing the fairways right down the middle with it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Sounds like you have a winner. Interesting - I went the other way with a slower swing speed. I ordered mine with a CB-55 SR Flex. Went to a fitting afterwards and he put me into a CB-55 R Flex cut down 1/2 inch. I am nailing the fairways right down the middle with it. 

Flex is often more a result of your transition than just swing speed.  I don't have as high of swing speed of some, but have a very aggressive transition, so I am often fit into a R or even stiff for that reason.   That's the benefit of an experienced fitter vs just some guy in the big box store that's going off swing speed. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

47 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Flex is often more a result of your transition than just swing speed.  I don't have as high of swing speed of some, but have a very aggressive transition, so I am often fit into a R or even stiff for that reason.   That's the benefit of an experienced fitter vs just some guy in the big box store that's going off swing speed. 

Plus what someone is trying to accomplish with the swing can have a role in flex and weight. Not to mention flex is only relevant to the shaft manufacturer and not standard across all brands or in the case of PX as an example across lines. Hzrdus plays to a different flex than even flow 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1