Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

14 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Saw virtually no loss of SS - but a gain in accuracy.

Ditto

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Well I got to hit the G410 lst head today and boy did it get me thinking. Would make for a quite an interesting head to head on the course and launch monitor with my G410 Plus, that's for sure 

Someone of your caliber would certainly be able to tell us about that head for sure. You gotta do it Man!!!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I will say that the noise that the 410 plus makes is quite a racket - I far preferred the 400 in that regard but the accuracy and carry distance difference in the 410 was off the charts (close in total distance but you could throw a blanket around the balls I hit with the 410 and it was carrying 10 plus yards farther which is about to be huge as we enter our rainy season).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I will say that the noise that the 410 plus makes is quite a racket - I far preferred the 400 in that regard but the accuracy and carry distance difference in the 410 was off the charts (close in total distance but you could throw a blanket around the balls I hit with the 410 and it was carrying 10 plus yards farther which is about to be huge as we enter our rainy season).

Nice to hear. What you're seeing with accuracy is what we're experiencing!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So I hit the course today for a quick 9 with my recent range sessions still fresh in mind and muscle-memory. It didn't disappoint, but wasn't flawless either. Only 2/6 FIR but the other 4 were certainly playable and pretty long for me. I simply (?) need to learn to play into my fade shot shape more. When I do, it's $ as seen on the last 2 holes today that warranted driver off the tee. As with all rounds for me, there were several "should-a, would-a, could-a's" out there so while driver is coming in (finally) and making many more close-in approach shots than I'm used to, it's those shots that were mostly absent today and I couldn't score. Having a bomb driver will NOT instantly lower your scores. It will instantly make the game more fun-that's a given. Now, if only I could putt too...🤐 I need a mallet!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Welp....figured with the woods/hybrids being the 410 line...felt like this would be the right choice IMG_5511.JPG

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

2 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Welp....figured with the woods/hybrids being the 410 line...felt like this would be the right choice IMG_5511.JPG

Just demoing, or did you buy it?   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So I hit the course today for a quick 9 with my recent range sessions still fresh in mind and muscle-memory. It didn't disappoint, but wasn't flawless either. Only 2/6 FIR but the other 4 were certainly playable and pretty long for me. I simply (?) need to learn to play into my fade shot shape more. When I do, it's $ as seen on the last 2 holes today that warranted driver off the tee. As with all rounds for me, there were several "should-a, would-a, could-a's" out there so while driver is coming in (finally) and making many more close-in approach shots than I'm used to, it's those shots that were mostly absent today and I couldn't score. Having a bomb driver will NOT instantly lower your scores. It will instantly make the game more fun-that's a given. Now, if only I could putt too... I need a mallet!

Don’t know if you are aware but if you are hitting fades and you like them teeing off on the right side of the tee box would help your fairways hit immensely.

Glad you’re hitting them well.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just demoing, or did you buy it?   

Bought it haha

23 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Bought it haha

Great...it'll go Nicely with the other Headcovers coming your way 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 5/31/2019 at 11:22 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Someone of your caliber would certainly be able to tell us about that head for sure. You gotta do it Man!!!

The problem is lower spin drivers always seem like a good idea in limited time with them, but then the downfalls show on the course. Wish I could get course time with the LST head to see just how forgiving it is. 

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Don’t know if you are aware but if you are hitting fades and you like them teeing off on the right side of the tee box would help your fairways hit immensely.

Glad you’re hitting them well.

Actually I didn't know that. In fact I've never really understood the methods to where to set up in the box. Makes total sense though and I do notice myself more often than not gravitating more often to the right if not centered nearly every time. The last two driver shots I made yesterday (both fairway and both fades) I remember happening to be more right of center on each and the results were there. I have to embrace that shot shape and I did at least for those two correctly. Thanks a ton Rev!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Actually I didn't know that. In fact I've never really understood the methods to where to set up in the box. Makes total sense though and I do notice myself more often than not gravitating more often to the right if not centered nearly every time. The last two driver shots I made yesterday (both fairway and both fades) I remember happening to be more right of center on each and the results were there. I have to embrace that shot shape and I did at least for those two correctly. Thanks a ton Rev!

Of course - I came and stayed because that’s the kind of stuff guys here did for me -

You will almost always see the Rev on the left side of the tee box. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My FIL was always telling me tee right, aim left...still doesn't work! 🤣

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My FIL was always telling me tee right, aim left...still doesn't work! 🤣

Because you have to aim tee it right and aim left center

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I am definitely curious on the dispersion numbers for each of the testers.  I saw a pretty good cluster out of the second tester.  I'm all about gains, but if you become wildly inconsistent, then is there really a net gain.  In most courses I play, accuracy is king.  Keep up the great testing.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

32 minutes ago, Markelly82 said:

I am definitely curious on the dispersion numbers for each of the testers.  I saw a pretty good cluster out of the second tester.  I'm all about gains, but if you become wildly inconsistent, then is there really a net gain.  In most courses I play, accuracy is king.  Keep up the great testing.  

Indeed in this area I was remiss in not having any data-and still don't. Going by sheer "feel" with several decent range sessions lately and a few of rounds under my belt now (all with a revamped swing & grip), all I can offer is that my dispersion is generally good/better for me. To be fair, I do not yet possess the skills to place 8-of-10 shots within a 30-ft circle (or whatever the general goal is...) on a consistent basis, but my FIR numbers were pretty decent Sunday and that is a big positive for me. I still will get one or two that fade more than anticipated (probably needed to aim more left) and then also have at least one per round that is absolutely crushed that'll go for miles dead-straight but left. Those inconsistencies can all be chalked up to me and not the club however IMHO. If I have the chance (and a few extra $), I'll try to rent some GC Quad time at GG and get some hard data to add here.

Great comment!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

If you go back to my stage 2 you'll see the dispersion of several different heads and shafts on Trackman. I ended up with the SFT, R Flex and set at .06* and am continuing to get a very small dispersion on the course. This driver and corresponding setting is the most accurate and consistent that I've ever had.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Going by sheer "feel" with several decent range sessions lately and a few of rounds under my belt now (all with a revamped swing & grip), all I can offer is that my dispersion is generally good/better for me. To be fair, I do not yet possess the skills to place 8-of-10 shots within a 30-ft circle (or whatever the general goal is...) on a consistent basis, but my FIR numbers were pretty decent Sunday and that is a big positive for me.

I will say I am not a numbers guy. Never have been interested in the launch monitors numbers whether it be distance, spin, or dispersion.

That being said these couple sentences by [mention=80651]PING Apologist #9 [/mention] mean more to me than numbers. Saying that a new club has given you more confidence in a short period of use is always a great thing.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

If you go back to my stage 2 you'll see the dispersion of several different heads and shafts on Trackman. I ended up with the SFT, R Flex and set at .06* and am continuing to get a very small dispersion on the course. This driver and corresponding setting is the most accurate and consistent that I've ever had.

Yeah I'm still getting used to finding where everything is on these reviews.  I'm still gaming the G30 LST and feel like it's a great club, but at times the dispersion is awful.  Did you get fit for a certain shaft, or was it purely stock?  I'm a huge believer that shafts are undervalued when being fitted.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

22 hours ago, Markelly82 said:

Yeah I'm still getting used to finding where everything is on these reviews.  I'm still gaming the G30 LST and feel like it's a great club, but at times the dispersion is awful.  Did you get fit for a certain shaft, or was it purely stock?  I'm a huge believer that shafts are undervalued when being fitted.  

Here's the link to my stage 2. Because of scheduling issues I wasn't able to get in to the fitter before ordering the 410 , however, the end result of the full bag fitting was that the 410 stayed in the bag. We did end up ordering a different flex stock shaft cut down 1/2".  You can see the Trackman data in this link and the final shaft configuration (brown dots). Dispersion with this shaft is very narrow. I have extreme confidence in this head/shaft combo getting me to where I want and need to be on the fairway.   

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On the range again earlier tonight. Once I got to driver, this happened...-640057330762116736.thumb.jpg.a5894063be8640ed0821e09399081bb0.jpg

These 250-260+ shots just keep happening! All with range rocks too! This driver is amazing and continues to blow my freaking mind...🤯. Of my 10 best shots tonight (none lower than 220), I averaged 244..!

Now while many will ask, and it is a fair question to be honest, but: "No". My scores have not dropped with this particular weapon at my disposal. Not yet anyway... What it's done is lead me to more of a sense of confidence that hitting driver is not instant death..! AAAND...it will more often than not give a better chance at an approach shot that is more manageable and shorter than before. I simply(?) have to execute those approach shots better and give myself a chance on the greens. Thus the life of a high "capper'...! At very minimum, I have zero excuses for distance with driver any more. Accuracy is coming along and now my focus is on putting.

341323442_IMG_20190605_1945396422.thumb.jpg.4e4f722e3cb3a2ee0c653e3189db8000.jpg

("Battle" scars...some good... a few, not so good)

I implore you that if you are searching for a new driver, to PLEASE do yourself a favor and try the PING G410 series.. You may find a new best friend...I know I have...

Edited by PING Apologist #9
Spelling

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Those are some big numbers PA#9! Four out of the last five being at or above 260 is impressive. I can see you have definitely turned the driver into a weapon. It's nice standing on the tee box and having total confidence that something good is about to happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Maiden voyage tomorrow with the g410. Super excited to see how it goes after reading through this thread!

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Tomorrow is the moment of truth: my full bag fitting at True Spec. I'll be working with one of the best club fitters in the world to see if the G410 is the driver for me. 

Regardless if it is or not, I'll be sure to get recommended hosel and weight settings for me so I can stop wondering if I have it set up best for me 

Hell yeah dude I'm stoked for you

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

IMG_1037.thumb.JPG.9eb944763669f654f97c77368c6cf808.JPGIMG_1038.thumb.JPG.9bd6b6b60fa3de1b908d0fbf21e0dae9.JPGIMG_1039.thumb.JPG.03e4fe1f958f0d5e3994339c00af91b4.JPG

Here’s what I was fit for when I went for my long game club fitting last week. Interestingly my fitter wanted me in the 12 turned down one verses the 10.5 up a half -

That shaft has a wicked light so even though I have a the same loft on both - 11 degrees - I launch the 410 way higher. The ball flight is a hint of draw and ridiculously accurate.

I should have taken a picture of the dispersion when I was fit was this a tight little circle all at the top end of my current gamers range. It’s not as if I’m longer with it, just consistently at the top end and straight. And I’m already averaging 70 percent of fairways hit with driver on shot scope.

I may do the same thing Tuesday where I play the counting 9 with the old gamer and play this one on the back. Depends on whether or not I can practice again on Sunday.

Great to hear the 410 worked for you. Did you end up with new irons?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Great to hear the 410 worked for you. Did you end up with new irons?

Nope - he loved my G30’s for me - “Keep your wallet in your pocket. They fit and that’s the perfect shaft”. Armed with that knowledge I went out and shot 70. :)

That paved the way for driver. I couldn’t afford both.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches