TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

Great to hear 
Big fan of the small minus myself 

You boys got it all wrong. Big “+” on my G30 is where it’s at!

I’m also hitting the tour 65 S. It is a fantastic shaft. Interestingly enough I liked the evenflow black when I was trying out different drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

My Callaway Razr-Fit now sits alongside my Callaway WB 3w and PE2 irons... it hasn't seen action since the side by side launch monitor session I reported on on my stage 2 this past May.  The G410P continues to impress and has, utterly amazing to me, turned this historically soft fader into a predominantly straight (even baby draw) hitter off the tee.  This did take several setting adjustments but the technology works as advertised!! 👍

I would say my only minor gripe with the club is that removing tee marks from the sole takes a bit of doing. I usually clean with water and a medium bristle nylon brush.  Some of these require a soft scrub pad to remove.  I do use nylon tees (not wood) and perhaps that isn't helping? I have been studying the mark pattern to see if it is trying to tell me something 🙂.

clubs.jpg.0d0c400830a2e55150cb0be2a64a40af.jpg719080970_g410teemarks.jpg.cc025fe364f077ec44ea9fff8d9a7dc4.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Glad to hear your 410 is displacing your previous gamer. I don't get the scuff marks and I use plastic tees. However I am seeing ball marks (scratches) on the face. I think this is from extensive use on the range. They sand the tee boxes on the range so invariably sand gets on the ball

BTW I see a need for a separate "organizer" for orphan clubs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

My Callaway Razr-Fit now sits alongside my Callaway WB 3w and PE2 irons... it hasn't seen action since the side by side launch monitor session I reported on on my stage 2 this past May.  The G410P continues to impress and has, utterly amazing to me, turned this historically soft fader into a predominantly straight (even baby draw) hitter off the tee.  This did take several setting adjustments but the technology works as advertised!! 👍

After playing a few rounds with @fixyurdivot, I can attest to his driving. Very straight ball flight overall, maybe a baby draw, maybe a baby fade. I can't compare to his before, but I thought he was striking this one well. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Glad to hear your 410 is displacing your previous gamer. I don't get the scuff marks and I use plastic tees. However I am seeing ball marks (scratches) on the face. I think this is from extensive use on the range. They sand the tee boxes on the range so invariably sand gets on the ball

BTW I see a need for a separate "organizer" for orphan clubs.

Yea, I had the same thought taking the picture 😄. I had a brainfart after unpacking the G410 irons and threw away the box.  I plan to swing by the fitter next time I'm in Bozeman and get one to store the PE2's in - they definitely deserve a top notch resting place after 30 years of service.  I'll take the 3w with me to Yuma and sell it, as I did the driver, at a patio sale.  

One of the ranges here also tends to have sand on the balls.  When that's the case, I take the bucket over to the hose bib and wash them off.  

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

After playing a few rounds with @fixyurdivot, I can attest to his driving. Very straight ball flight overall, maybe a baby draw, maybe a baby fade. I can't compare to his before, but I thought he was striking this one well. 

Being able to aim down the fairway instead of the left side hazard/OB line is really fun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I would say my only minor gripe with the club is that removing tee marks from the sole takes a bit of doing. I usually clean with water and a medium bristle nylon brush.  Some of these require a soft scrub pad to remove.  I do use nylon tees (not wood) and perhaps that isn't helping? I have been studying the mark pattern to see if it is trying to tell me somethin🙂.

Ah yes. I have those same marks on mine. Plastic tees here. 

I haven't tried cleaning it off yet because I liked the look but that's interesting to hear that they're hard to get off. I've been good about hitting clean balls so there's no star marks on the face of the driver but there is some paint transfer from tattooing logoed shag bag balls. Haven't bothered cleaning that either because it gives a nice sweet-spot target. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

27 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

One of the ranges here also tends to have sand on the balls.  When that's the case, I take the bucket over to the hose bib and wash them off.  

I'm now using 'impact tape' on the range. Not only to tell me how well (in my case poorly) I'm hitting the center but to also keep the scratches down. FYI I also had the same 'scratch' issue with my GBB from sand on the ball. Guess I'm a bit fussy! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 weeks later...

There really is just a comfort level that this driver provides. Even while going through some pretty big swing changes this season, my fairways hit are still over 42%. 

That number doesn't even really tell the entire picture, as there have been plenty of drives that were just off the fairway or even through the fairway that didn't leave me with any sort of disadvantage. The big miss still exists, but that comes down to swing. 

I am confident that the G410 Plus Driver will be in the bag for years to come. It's that good of a fit for me 

After watching @GolfSpy STUDque crush this thing into the next county.  From an outsider viewer/listener this thing is weapon that deals only in dropping bombs.

Sound is perfect. A good solid crunch.  No high pitched baseball bat sounds.  Best sounding driver from a non hitting position I’ve heard.  

Stealthy looks too... 

🔥 

I’m seriously considering trying the G410 LST with this Mansion shaft. If I can get better ball speeds across the face, add a little more forgiveness, and the adjustability, it could really be quite a combo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

So, about this G410......

I've had the G400 in play since launch. I was never even tempted to try anything else.  Then I had to read about how much better the G410 was.  

Tried it.  

Own it. - G410 Plus. 9° Tour 65 stiff. I tried several other shafts, but the Tour 65 was money for me.

Incredible.  

So much straighter. My bad swings are just covered up.  FedEx delivered it yesterday whilst I was on the 6th green.  Put her in the bag for holes 7-18, and only missed 1 fairway. 

I haven't even had a chance to diddle with the settings yet.

I Love this thing.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for their insights about this club.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

6 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

So, about this G410......

I've had the G400 in play since launch. I was never even tempted to try anything else.  Then I had to read about how much better the G410 was.  

Tried it.  

Own it. - G410 Plus. 9° Tour 65 stiff. I tried several other shafts, but the Tour 65 was money for me.

Incredible.  

So much straighter. My bad swings are just covered up.  FedEx delivered it yesterday whilst I was on the 6th green.  Put her in the bag for holes 7-18, and only missed 1 fairway. 

I haven't even had a chance to diddle with the settings yet.

I Love this thing.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for their insights about this club.  

I'm accepting donations of previously loved G400 heads. 😂

also, the Tour 65 is really a phenomenal shaft.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 8/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, jlukes said:

There really is just a comfort level that this driver provides. Even while going through some pretty big swing changes this season, my fairways hit are still over 42%. 

That number doesn't even really tell the entire picture, as there have been plenty of drives that were just off the fairway or even through the fairway that didn't leave me with any sort of disadvantage. The big miss still exists, but that comes down to swing. 

I am confident that the G410 Plus Driver will be in the bag for years to come. It's that good of a fit for me 

This sums up my feelings about the G410 Plus and I couldn't be happier with it. It wasn't all pretty during my golf trip, but I hit some drives that were absolutely crushed. Even some of my misses were still in play, which really highlights how forgiving the driver is. It's pretty incredible that Ping was able to improve on the G400 line, which is still rock solid!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I’m hitting 70 percent of my fairways with the thing and have exactly one penalty shot attributed to it in three months of play. One!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m hitting 70 percent of my fairways with the thing and have exactly one penalty shot attributed to it in three months of play. One!

IMG_5835.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw something interesting yesterday - hit two drives off of 18 in a casual round. I hit the ball well with driver all day - 100 percent on fairways hit the 11 times that I hit it. But my distance wasn’t great - I had it set down.

So after my first drive (in the fairway) I jacked it up one degree - both drives in the center of the club face, same ball, same player and same clubhead speed according to Swing Caddy.

The second one was 15 yards past the first. BTW it was at the setting that my fitter had it at originally - when it was as dryer out I got more out of that lower ball flight.

Not now

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So I saw something interesting yesterday - hit two drives off of 18 in a casual round. I hit the ball well with driver all day - 100 percent on fairways hit the 11 times that I hit it. But my distance wasn’t great - I had it set down.

So after my first drive (in the fairway) I jacked it up one degree - both drives in the center of the club face, same ball, same player and same clubhead speed according to Swing Caddy.

The second one was 15 yards past the first. BTW it was at the setting that my fitter had it at originally - when it was as dryer out I got more out of that lower ball flight.

Not now

I too started hitting my drives further when I listened to the fitter and used the + setting. Haha

If only I had listened sooner.

Not now

That is why those settings are for fitters and not for us to change.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, tony@CIC said:

I'm now using 'impact tape' on the range. Not only to tell me how well (in my case poorly) I'm hitting the center but to also keep the scratches down. FYI I also had the same 'scratch' issue with my GBB from sand on the ball. Guess I'm a bit fussy! 

It’s meant to hit a hard object and designed to withstand the abuse. Using impact tape in practice gives you different results than what you will see on the course 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

That is why those settings are for fitters and not for us to change.

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. :)

Nah, just what we do. I like to tweak things as well even though it may not be the best approach from a performance perspective.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. 🙂

Now why would you go and do something like that 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I did a fitting once and the fitter wouldn't even give me the tool to loosen the head in order to change the settings... 

Me: "what about the tool?"
Him: "you don't need that, leave it where it is and if you want to change something come back and we'll get you on a monitor and make the change."
Me: ""

Smart man

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Me: "what about the tool?"
Him: "you don't need that, leave it where it is and if you want to change something come back and we'll get you on a monitor and make the change."
Me: ""

That's funny - I'll have to tell that one to my fitter!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Had the driver set properly while on the range today. This was actually the first time that my teacher has seen me hit my G410 - he loved the ball flight - I hammered the two that he saw - 237 and 239 onVoice Caddy but longer than that in reality - they both fire past a flag that was 228 away. We had a 5 mph breeze at our back.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Had the driver set properly while on the range today. This was actually the first time that my teacher has seen me hit my G410 - he loved the ball flight - I hammered the two that he saw - 237 and 239 onVoice Caddy but longer than that in reality - they both fire past a flag that was 228 away. We had a 5 mph breeze at our back.

What a great combination: your 410 plus all the work you did with your SuperSpeed project.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've been driving the ball great this year, but these reviews have me tempted to replace my Epic Sub Zero

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

Just got a used (barely) G410+ after testing for a few successful rounds and noticed that when I took the head off to adjust the loft that the hosel part is slightly “bent” ... is that normal for the “flat” and lofts? It looks so weird ha.