Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

2 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

How are you liking the 7W? I've absolutely loved my so far this season and is my go to club! 

Hey Zach - might also want to take a look through this thread:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32205-2019-official-forum-member-review-ping-long-game-gapping-testingreview/

These guys are testing top of the bag clubs like the 7W.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

2 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

How are you liking the 7W? I've absolutely loved my so far this season and is my go to club! 

I am LOVING it! I would even venture to say that it is the one club in my bag that I am the most confident with and look forward to using more than any other I have.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

5 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

So I ended up switching to the G410 Plus paired with my ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 and good lawd it is long and ridiculously forgiving. The last two rounds I've hit some of the best drives I've hit this year and it has only been in the bag those two rounds. Ping has a choke hold on the top of my bag, and I have zero issue with that. This is an absolutely phenomenal driver!!!

Yup - Ping's got a runaway hit!

Just curious how much more yardage you got with it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Need to get my swing back on track (have a lesson tomorrow and schedule another 8/10) but once it’s relatively consistent again I’ll be seeing my normal fitter to see if the plus or lst works best and whether I’m an s or x flex...have had different results with both lately 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yup - Ping's got a runaway hit!

Just curious how much more yardage you got with it. 

No doubt, they’ve been on fire since they released the G400 a couple years ago!

Based on the drives I hit at my home course, I was easily 5-10 yards longer than previous driver.

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I REALLY want to try the new LST at Club Champion, or the like, to see if it can beat my G400 LST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I REALLY want to try the new LST at Club Champion, or the like, to see if it can beat my G400 LST!

Just do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just do it!!

I just don’t have the $ right now.... $125 just to step into the joint! Ugh!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I just don’t have the $ right now.... $125 just to step into the joint! Ugh!

Or you can wait a year and get it the driver for $200.00 with a 90 day guarantee.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yes, that's correct. I still owe you all a stage 2. Figured I better check in with an intermediate post since I really don't see time to do a write-up until after CCC3 is done. Here's a quick and dirty of old vs new now that I've got some data accumulated:
00BE02D2-9B0E-4596-9F24-81A84CD41B71.thumb.jpeg.751f27a0ccbe64cd6ca49a866ee6bc2d.jpeg
Old: Ping G30 LST

44D267B5-43B8-4425-AC27-A626F3662681.thumb.jpeg.f914e097207d50deed776581050880f8.jpeg
New: G410+

Getting some spin and height back has really helped me to be more consistent. Throw in some extra MOI and I've gained the confidence back to let it rip. Now I'm hitting it longer and finding less trouble. I'm hitting fewer fairways but attribute that more to running through fairways than sending it wayward. My overall driving HC only came down 1 point but I hit a lot of less-than-driver tee shots that'll keep that from moving much. Bombs away off the tee is so much fun

Also, being long off the tee makes this possible

6B15DCCE-AE9B-42CD-8C34-1B66349F6A53.jpeg.a8e58a73a8f0543839e3a768fe852fb5.jpeg
Yeah I probably owe most of the credit to the i500 but I'm using every excuse possible to show off my second eagle ever. The other one was a bladed chip that went in so this feels more legit

That’s some massive gains in average drive from the g30 lst!

Curious, are they the same loft and such? Or have you made other changes and picked up some speed too?

I have a g30 right now and have been thinking about making a change, but now I’m hitting that great. (It’s like it knows) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

That’s some massive gains in average drive from the g30 lst!

Curious, are they the same loft and such? Or have you made other changes and picked up some speed too?

I have a g30 right now and have been thinking about making a change, but now I’m hitting that great. (It’s like it knows) haha

It's a bunch of things. First and foremost, I'm hitting the center of the clubface MUCH more often. Either that, or the sweet spot is larger. Probably a combination of the two tbh. 

Lots of stuff different between the two that could also be contributing:

• Loft up (from 9* to 9.5*)
  • Different shaft (higher launch more spin)
  • Longer shaft (.75")
  • Movable weight in heel (not an option before)
  • Different turbulators 😏

Those low spin drivers are great but really punish if you're not hitting it dead nuts. I had a hard time getting the G30lst up in the air but that's no problem with G410. 

I never hit the G400 but that might be a great value upgrade for you. Best I can tell, the movable weight is the chief difference between 400 and 410 so try to decide if that's worth the extra $$

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It's a bunch of things. First and foremost, I'm hitting the center of the clubface MUCH more often. Either that, or the sweet spot is larger. Probably a combination of the two tbh. 
  • Longer shaft (.75")
  • Different turbulators
Those low spin drivers are great but really punish if you're not hitting it dead nuts. I had a hard time getting the G30lst up in the air but that's no problem with G410. 
I never hit the G400 but that might be a great value upgrade for you. Best I can tell, the movable weight is the chief difference between 400 and 410 so try to decide if that's worth the extra $$

I have been looking at the g400 range since I can put my tour 65 shaft right in.

I have the 10.5 set to + to close the face. I hit it really straight like that so not sure I need the movable weights, but a little less spin would help. Thinking a g400 lst might be a good fit in 10 degree.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• Longer shaft (.75")
  • Different turbulators

This is exactly how it’s worked for me - I’ve had a SLDR and the G400 LST - when I hit them boom - but a miss was a 1600 spin rate nosedive left.

If you’re looking for value I would say try the G400 or even the Max. The 410 though has a ton of options in it that the 400 does not including some additional shaft choices at no up charge.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 7/5/2019 at 7:21 PM, jlukes said:

When is the honeymoon period supposed to end? Because it isn't. 

The G410 Plus is the real deal for me. 

My Smart distance on Arccos with the driver is 285. That means I can expect the G410 to give me a 285 yard drive on average. 

When I played on Wednesday I pulled driver 9 times and 5 of those drives went over 285 and another went 283 uphill. Two of those 5 were 300 yard drives. That's absurd for me. 

I'm averaging slightly more than one 300 yard drive per round. 

I've never been more confident with the driver in my hands. 

What settings did you end up on? I have the same ball flight tendencies as you which made me lean toward the 410+ as opposed to the LST. 

2 hours ago, Tyler K said:

What settings did you end up on? I have the same ball flight tendencies as you which made me lean toward the 410+ as opposed to the LST. 

My hooks have quieted down a good amount, so weight neutral and small minus on the adapter (lower loft and slightly open) 

On 7/9/2019 at 10:06 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

I am LOVING it! I would even venture to say that it is the one club in my bag that I am the most confident with and look forward to using more than any other I have.

I can attest to Rob's love for and performance with that club.  If the PING Crossovers don't pan out, I'll likely be shopping for a G400 5w... did he happen to mention he likes that one as well? 😁

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm now hitting my SFT as straight as an arrow but still not totally happy with my distance. I think it's part me and part club setup.

My wife is going for a full bag fitting tomorrow and I've asked the fitter (who also teaches) for a 1/2 hr lesson. Combine that with a bit of work on the club as a result of the LM data, I expect to maximize my distance.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I'm now hitting my SFT as straight as an arrow but still not totally happy with my distance. I think it's part me and part club setup.

My wife is going for a full bag fitting tomorrow and I've asked the fitter (who also teaches) for a 1/2 hr lesson. Combine that with a bit of work on the club as a result of the LM data, I expect to maximize my distance.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

A set of expert eyes always helps.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

A set of expert eyes always helps.emoji106.png

Roger that. I have a feeling I know the answer - it's the operator and not the equipment! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Man, I don't know Tony, straight and in play is worth quite a bit... just sayin 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well, I'm back from the fitter/lesson. First off, my wife's full bag fitting was an interesting 3 hours. She tried lots of brand and shaft combinations. The fitter's data showed that her Burner was overall the best driver (I'm thinking I'm saving $$$$$ here). Then onto the woods, hybrids, irons, etc. Long story short - I think I'm going to have to remortgage the house 😱. But what the heck she's a very happy camper and was hitting the ball well. 

Now on to me. Again the issue with my 410 SFT is it's straight but not the distance.  When I was in his shop on May 1st he ordered a new cut down ALta CB shaft. And of course the first thing he said was have you played with the setting in the admonishing tone. Nope - it's just the way he set it up for me.  Then he looked at the Trackman data from May 1st. Holy cow I had lost 7 - 8 mph of SS. Yikes!  What changed? Well i wasn't too long after the fitting that I had gotten bronchitis and felt cra**Y for about three weeks. So the workouts stopped along with the motivation for working out - so the total gym has been unused since then. I had also rationalized that since I was playing a lot of golf I didn't need to work out. Not a good decision.  He also made a few adjustments to grip and posture - but it's back to the gym for me if I want that swing speed.  So give me a few weeks of intense training and hopefully I'll report great results. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Well, I'm back from the fitter/lesson. First off, my wife's full bag fitting was an interesting 3 hours. She tried lots of brand and shaft combinations. The fitter's data showed that her Burner was overall the best driver (I'm thinking I'm saving $$$$$ here). Then onto the woods, hybrids, irons, etc. Long story short - I think I'm going to have to remortgage the house . But what the heck she's a very happy camper and was hitting the ball well. 
Now on to me. Again the issue with my 410 SFT is it's straight but not the distance.  When I was in his shop on May 1st he ordered a new cut down ALta CB shaft. And of course the first thing he said was have you played with the setting in the admonishing tone. Nope - it's just the way he set it up for me.  Then he looked at the Trackman data from May 1st. Holy cow I had lost 7 - 8 mph of SS. Yikes!  What changed? Well i wasn't too long after the fitting that I had gotten bronchitis and felt cra**Y for about three weeks. So the workouts stopped along with the motivation for working out - so the total gym has been unused since then. I had also rationalized that since I was playing a lot of golf I didn't need to work out. Not a good decision.  He also made a few adjustments to grip and posture - but it's back to the gym for me if I want that swing speed.  So give me a few weeks of intense training and hopefully I'll report great results. 

I LOVE my gym time!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well, I'm back from the fitter/lesson. First off, my wife's full bag fitting was an interesting 3 hours. She tried lots of brand and shaft combinations. The fitter's data showed that her Burner was overall the best driver (I'm thinking I'm saving $$$$$ here). Then onto the woods, hybrids, irons, etc. Long story short - I think I'm going to have to remortgage the house . But what the heck she's a very happy camper and was hitting the ball well. 

That’s a lot of SS to lose. Definitely back to the gym and it will not only be good for your golf but you’re health and well being. Good luck Bud!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

That’s a lot of SS to lose. Definitely back to the gym and it will not only be good for your golf but you’re health and well being. Good luck Bud!

What is this gym thing, you all speak of 🤣

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

What is this gym thing, you all speak of 🤣

He’s a bartender in Orlando

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

@GolfSpy STUDqueare you really still gaming a stiff shaft with your swing speed?

For the cost of shipping I can send you a Ping Tour 65x

Ah yes, my screenshot from TGF is a little misleading. I did that fitting after I had already ordered the G410 when Adam asked us forum staffers to go through and provide feedback. 

I ordered mine with the Tensei CK Orange in X Flex. Based off my troubles with the AD-BB, I was searching a shaft that would help me elevate better. The Orange has definitely provided that height. Post honeymoon, one would say the ball was actually getting too high. 

Thinking about the TruGolfFit results of the Even Flow Black in S, I actually shopped a little for a swap. Since I was still finding the center of the clubface, I gave the CK Orange another chance and tinkered the loft settings.  The small "-" has brought my launch to a wonderful window and I'm hitting it further than I ever have. 

That's a long way of saying I think I'm good with what I've got. But I really appreciate your generous offer to send over another shaft to try. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ah yes, my screenshot from TGF is a little misleading. I did that fitting after I had already ordered the G410 when Adam asked us forum staffers to go through and provide feedback. 

I ordered mine with the Tensei CK Orange in X Flex. Based off my troubles with the AD-BB, I was searching a shaft that would help me elevate better. The Orange has definitely provided that height. Post honeymoon, one would say the ball was actually getting too high. 

Thinking about the TruGolfFit results of the Even Flow Black in S, I actually shopped a little for a swap. Since I was still finding the center of the clubface, I gave the CK Orange another chance and tinkered the loft settings.  The small "-" has brought my launch to a wonderful window and I'm hitting it further than I ever have. 

That's a long way of saying I think I'm good with what I've got. But I really appreciate your generous offer to send over another shaft to try. 

Great to hear 

Big fan of the small minus myself