Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

That is why those settings are for fitters and not for us to change.

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. :)

Nah, just what we do. I like to tweak things as well even though it may not be the best approach from a performance perspective.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Alright so I’m a moron but at least I’ve graduated to changing settings rather than buying clubs. Much cheaper that way. 🙂

Now why would you go and do something like that 😎

• Like 2

I did a fitting once and the fitter wouldn't even give me the tool to loosen the head in order to change the settings... 

Me: "what about the tool?"
Him: "you don't need that, leave it where it is and if you want to change something come back and we'll get you on a monitor and make the change."
Me: ""

Smart man

• Like 2

Me: "what about the tool?"
Him: "you don't need that, leave it where it is and if you want to change something come back and we'll get you on a monitor and make the change."
Me: ""

That's funny - I'll have to tell that one to my fitter!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Had the driver set properly while on the range today. This was actually the first time that my teacher has seen me hit my G410 - he loved the ball flight - I hammered the two that he saw - 237 and 239 onVoice Caddy but longer than that in reality - they both fire past a flag that was 228 away. We had a 5 mph breeze at our back.

• Like 6

Had the driver set properly while on the range today. This was actually the first time that my teacher has seen me hit my G410 - he loved the ball flight - I hammered the two that he saw - 237 and 239 onVoice Caddy but longer than that in reality - they both fire past a flag that was 228 away. We had a 5 mph breeze at our back.

What a great combination: your 410 plus all the work you did with your SuperSpeed project.

• Like 4

Put on a show with the G410 Plus yesterday in a scramble. We shot -15 and I was putting us in prime scoring position all day. I hit a baby fade into the wind that still finished at 298 yards. So good 

• Like 7

I've been driving the ball great this year, but these reviews have me tempted to replace my Epic Sub Zero

• Like 1

Just got a used (barely) G410+ after testing for a few successful rounds and noticed that when I took the head off to adjust the loft that the hosel part is slightly “bent” ... is that normal for the “flat” and lofts? It looks so weird ha. 

My Callaway Razr-Fit now sits alongside my Callaway WB 3w and PE2 irons... it hasn't seen action since the side by side launch monitor session I reported on on my stage 2 this past May.  The G410P continues to impress and has, utterly amazing to me, turned this historically soft fader into a predominantly straight (even baby draw) hitter off the tee.  This did take several setting adjustments but the technology works as advertised!! 
I would say my only minor gripe with the club is that removing tee marks from the sole takes a bit of doing. I usually clean with water and a medium bristle nylon brush.  Some of these require a soft scrub pad to remove.  I do use nylon tees (not wood) and perhaps that isn't helping? I have been studying the mark pattern to see if it is trying to tell me something .
clubs.jpg.0d0c400830a2e55150cb0be2a64a40af.jpg719080970_g410teemarks.jpg.cc025fe364f077ec44ea9fff8d9a7dc4.jpg

Magic Erasers work great for those. The marks bother me too haha.

• Like 1

My SFT is just getting better and better. I'm loving every aspect of this club from the sound to the narrow dispersion and now the distance (which I was complaining about previously). The distance issue of course, was the result of the "Indian" and not the "arrow".

I still haven't adjusted the hosel since my fitting - afraid to change a great thing!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

My SFT is just getting better and better. I'm loving every aspect of this club from the sound to the narrow dispersion and now the distance (which I was complaining about previously). The distance issue of course, was the result of the "Indian" and not the "arrow".

I still haven't adjusted the hosel since my fitting - afraid to change a great thing!

Wish I could say the same thing...been a rather arduous journey for me since the reviews. Shaft changes and constant tinkering with the hosel adjustments. Simply put, I haven't found equilibrium or my "happy place" with this driver and it's been rather frustrating...so much so that I've taken a break recently (including here) to maybe flush some demons.

My experiences with it are basically as follows:

• Hammer the snot out of a bucket on the range with nice, long and mostly straight hits
  • Embarrass myself on the course with constant distance-killing slices and shorter duffs
  • Go home pissed

I'm still in a bad position where I can't afford lessons, so most likely I'm piling on bad habits onto an already flawed and crummy swing. I am also wondering about my ball choice and am contemplating trying something different (note that I recently tried a sleeve of Srixon Q or Z-Star that I hated-covers just got chewed up bad after just one round).

Headed to the range here shortly before it gets too hot to hit a few and see if this recent break has done anything positive.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, gregh729 said:

I've been driving the ball great this year, but these reviews have me tempted to replace my Epic Sub Zero

This makes me smile!! 

On 8/28/2019 at 6:32 AM, gregh729 said:

Not taking anything away from the 410 it is a great club, but do yourself a favor and hit the flash too. 

• Like 1

Wish I could say the same thing...been a rather arduous journey for me since the reviews. Shaft changes and constant tinkering with the hosel adjustments. Simply put, I haven't found equilibrium or my "happy place" with this driver and it's been rather frustrating...so much so that I've taken a break recently (including here) to maybe flush some demons.
  • Hammer the snot out of a bucket on the range with nice, long and mostly straight hits
  • Embarrass myself on the course with constant distance-killing slices and shorter duffs
  • Go home pissed
I'm still in a bad position where I can't afford lessons, so most likely I'm piling on bad habits onto an already flawed and crummy swing. I am also wondering about my ball choice and am contemplating trying something different (note that I recently tried a sleeve of Srixon Q or Z-Star that I hated-covers just got chewed up bad after just one round).
Headed to the range here shortly before it gets too hot to hit a few and see if this recent break has done anything positive.

Sounds like my iron play. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Go home pissed

Hang in there, we all go thru those stretches of bad, frustrating golf. Hope it passes soon.

• Like 3

• Go home pissed

I can relate - that was happening to me early on. Finally figured out that it was a combination of grip and spine angle. On the course especially in league I tended to stand tall. Played again today (in the rain no less) and I was just smacking that ball down the fairway. Nothing better than hearing that sound when you hit it well.

• Like 1

So I indeed went out to hit a bucket, but then decided to play a round despite the heat. I put my longer Aldila Tour blue shaft back in (I had been using a short Tensei Blue that wasn't making any distance) and was having the same old swiping issues with super-slice-a-ronis as usual. Fiddled with loft and landed at 11.5* and with a little choke-down action, I began to see better performance out on the course. Many straight shots and even some that went left to places I've never played before since I'm almost always right on every hole. Distance was OK, but I still had 2 moon shots that were way short after hitting under the ball. Choke-down seems to be key for me at this point. 

• Like 5

So I indeed went out to hit a bucket, but then decided to play a round despite the heat. I put my longer Aldila Tour blue shaft back in (I had been using a short Tensei Blue that wasn't making any distance) and was having the same old swiping issues with super-slice-a-ronis as usual. Fiddled with loft and landed at 11.5* and with a little choke-down action, I began to see better performance out on the course. Many straight shots and even some that went left to places I've never played before since I'm almost always right on every hole. Distance was OK, but I still had 2 moon shots that were way short after hitting under the ball. Choke-down seems to be key for me at this point. 

Sounds like you're getting closer to optimum performance. I played 18 today and except for 1 drive I was a very happy camper. The big change for me from earlier this year is when I do have a bad drive I can immediately attribute it one of two elements in my stance or swing.