TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone e12 Speed and Soft Golf Balls

STUDque

So after putting my recent round into myRoundPro I compared it to my round a week earlier while using a e6. Here is my round from a week ago: Screenshot_20190404-221628_myRoundPro.jpeg.c008f6b3c01e4e964dc79c44bc8780db.jpeg

Then my round with the e12:Screenshot_20190404-221528_myRoundPro.jpeg.866f61b21d8d3ef2ee39ef43aaa1b859.jpeg

The data backed up a lot of what I felt on the course. The big area of concern for me is the loss of strokes gained putting, to lose 2 whole strokes putting can seriously change a day. That proved to be a big difference in my round.

What really amazes me is the gains off the tee with my driver. Here is the data when using the e6: Screenshot_20190404-221659_myRoundPro.jpeg.bb1c60a3134e38e83c7c48ec3ff10107.jpeg

And when using the e12:Screenshot_20190404-221730_myRoundPro.jpeg.254799a876e63d67f7b1b20ea2b8cae0.jpeg

Same amount of shots per round but coupled with 15 extra yards on average. Even more crucial was the jump from 20% of fairways hit to 50% of fairways hit. Both led to almost 1 entire stroke gained with the driver!

The e12 obviously has more juice then the old e6. What ball should I test it against next?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A little update  from my 9 hole scramble last night (sorry no photos).  I played back and forth between the E12 Speed and Vice Pro Soft.  I'm still able to tell a noticeable difference in feel with the E12 Speed feeling more firm across the board.  Iron shots with the E12 Speed seemed to fly about 1/2 club short for me and my drives were about 8 yards shorter on average using my Swing Caddie SC100.  Control was very similar with none of my shots really getting too far offline.  Pitches and putts with the E12 Speed still come off hotter and with the really fast and firm greens, this was increased.   We are getting some rain today through Sunday and the greens were just fertilized so I expect them to slow down a little bit as they transition back to normal. 

Also, I really want to call this the B12 instead of E12...  just seems to make sense.  So in any of my reviews, please ignore that potential mistake.  

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

23 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So aside from the questionable durability, I've noticed a few positives.

Absolutely NO loss in distance off the tee. Played my favorite exec course on Tuesday with none other than MGSRob (total stud!) who was in town. On a few of the shorter par 4's, I was able to put the ball pin high. One of them I crushed past the green by about 20'. We're talking 280 - 300 yds no problem.

On a number of par 3's ranging from 120 - 190 yds, the ball seemed to actually hold pretty decently.

This is a particular par 3 from 178. Into the wind went at it with my 6.. that's my divot.

0402191702_HDR.jpeg

This is a wedge from about 110 yds out and a wonky lie. Stuck it like a pro!

0402191610.jpeg

Lastly, distance with iron shots is a little scary. I saw that they were noticeably longer.. on a shorter par 3 around 115 but on a fairly elevated tee, I flew the green by about 10 yds with my 60°. When hit pure, the ball just screams! The straightness is also something to behold.

This is actually from last weekend at The Duke GC.. this was a 220 yd par 3. With the wind and my 4 iron.. this is a result that I just couldn't argue with.

0330190959.jpeg

More to come so stay tuned!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

This seems to be very similar to what I found with the e6 Speed.  I thought distance was on par with what I usually see and it held well enough on full shots.  I actually shot the round of my life with one.  

The next round I needed quite a few more chips and pitches, and I couldn't get it to hold for the life of me.  I would really have to rework the short game to accommodate the lack of spin.  On full shots, though, I couldn't hit it offline.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Played again today this time on a tougher course (faster greens, tighter fairways, etc). Still finding the similar results with the driver, ball feels hard off the club face but it goes a long way and stays quite straight. With faster greens the lack of spin was more an issue on less then full shots. Had to play lots of shots short of the flag and they still ran past. Had an awful time putting due to inability to fully control speed. Also found that the farther from the hole the more pronounced speed control became, if I was outside 30 ft I 3 putted. One interesting note it was a rather windy day and any shot that was high enough ballooned really bad when into wind. I thought it was a club up type wind but I quickly found out that I needed 2+, dont know if it was how I was striking the ball but felt it was an interesting note.

Played again today this time on a tougher course (faster greens, tighter fairways, etc). Still finding the similar results with the driver, ball feels hard off the club face but it goes a long way and stays quite straight. With faster greens the lack of spin was more an issue on less then full shots. Had to play lots of shots short of the flag and they still ran past. Had an awful time putting due to inability to fully control speed. Also found that the farther from the hole the more pronounced speed control became, if I was outside 30 ft I 3 putted. One interesting note it was a rather windy day and any shot that was high enough ballooned really bad when into wind. I thought it was a club up type wind but I quickly found out that I needed 2+, dont know if it was how I was striking the ball but felt it was an interesting note.

I wonder if the difference in core density actually makes that much of a difference in the way the ball performs physically? Other than that, I'm not seeing any other differences in specs right?

The e12 soft actually feels pretty good off the driver, irons, and putter.

Off the driver, other similarly spec'd "soft" golf balls seem to feel kinda mushy off the face. These actually pop without feeling mushy, harsh or hard.

Iron shots feel pretty powerful off the face and not bouncy like a rubber ball or with the sense of getting lost off the face like others. Plenty of feedback too without feeling like a rock. Also finding that the ball is workable from both sides but with a ton of control. I think that whatever is helping to keep the ball flying straight, when hit with a closed or open face "on purpose" the shape never seems to be overly dramatic which is helpful.

Putter feel is similar. Not too hard or clicky and definitely not too soft. Kinda right in the middle. I do notice that the ball can release kinda hot off the face but with a modified stroke is still consistent.

I did notice that playing in the wind is not the ball's strong suit. The round last week with Golfspy_CG2 was slightly windy. Noticed that shots into the wind with a stock shot ballooned pretty badly and landed about 2 clubs short. I'm certain this wouldn't have been an issue with my gamers.

More testing to come this week!

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I played 27 holes over the weekend on two really sloppy wet days. Still couldn’t be happier with the e12 Softs. I lost the first one in 45 total holes I’ve played with them. Definitely not the ball’s fault.
Noticeably straighter and longer off the tee, lots of pop off the irons. Short game I still see the ball come off the face higher on pitches and chips but distance is consistent with plenty of spin. I am seeing some of the durability issues but I tend to play a ball a little longer than others I guess. I’m not seeing scuffs but the slight discoloration from wear is there from using one for a whole round. I’ll get a pic this week.
League play coming Tuesday and I’m looking forward to putting them to the stress test.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

3W Cleveland HiBore XLS

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-AW Srixon ZX4 MKII

SW and LW Kirkland Signature (V2)

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

Alright, I played 9 holes yesterday using the e12 Speed (that's the one I'm testing), the e12 Soft, the e6 Speed, and one of my usual gamer Snell MTB-Black (not pictured). 

IMG-3017.JPG.978954baa6be17488b9b3e1a68407f13.JPG

Let me start off by saying that I didn't have the opportunity to hit 4 balls off of every tee.  Also, I would love to say that Driving is my strong suit, but I'd lying.  However, I did get a hold of one that went 290, with the e12 Speed...so this ball can really fly and run forever.  The Soft is a lot softer than the Speed, which I'm sure you could've guessed that by the obvious, so going into the green I had better success with the Soft.  

In this picture the e12 Speed is closer to the hole than the e6 Speed, but they both pretty much had the same roll-out, I just landed them in different spots.  This was about a 30 yd chip shot to the hole.

IMG-3018.JPG.0f402dd286109b4bb167bebb7e6c95d9.JPG

When I'm about 50-60 yds out, I like to hit my 52 degree very low with a lot of backspin and the ball usually stops after one very small hop.  That is the shot I used in the picture below.  Here you'll see the e12 Soft (left) hopped a couple times and rolled-out about 5 feet, and the e12 Speed (closest to the pin) landed close to the fringe and rolled-out about 20 feet right up to the hole. 

IMG-3019.JPG.56fcffcafdef947da951987a060d3ff8.JPG

I had another opportunity later in the round to try the same shot from the fairway, with both Speed balls and the MTB-Black.  On that hole (not pictured) I was able to get the MTB-Black to stop (although, not as quickly as the MTB-Red usually does), but the e12 Speed and the e6 Speed both rolled-out to the back of the green, about 30 feet past the MTB-Black.

I'm looking forward to more testing when I get back out there and I will keep you guys posted.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Got a chance to play yesterday, and I was atrocious.  However, these balls are straight!  If I pulled or pushed one, the ball may be offline, but it got there in a straight line.  More to come later.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Alright, I played 9 holes yesterday using the e12 Speed (that's the one I'm testing), the e12 Soft, the e6 Speed, and one of my usual gamer Snell MTB-Black (not pictured). 
IMG-3017.JPG.978954baa6be17488b9b3e1a68407f13.JPG

Let me start off by saying that I didn't have the opportunity to hit 4 balls off of every tee.  Also, I would love to say that Driving is my strong suit, but I'd lying.  However, I did get a hold of one that went 290, with the e12 Speed...so this ball can really fly and run forever.  The Soft is a lot softer than the Speed, which I'm sure you could've guessed that by the obvious, so going into the green I had better success with the Soft.  
In this picture the e12 Speed is closer to the hole than the e6 Speed, but they both pretty much had the same roll-out, I just landed them in different spots.  This was about a 30 yd chip shot to the hole.
IMG-3018.JPG.0f402dd286109b4bb167bebb7e6c95d9.JPG

When I'm about 50-60 yds out, I like to hit my 52 degree very low with a lot of backspin and the ball usually stops after one very small hop.  That is the shot I used in the picture below.  Here you'll see the e12 Soft (left) hopped a couple times and rolled-out about 5 feet, and the e12 Speed (closest to the pin) landed close to the fringe and rolled-out about 20 feet right up to the hole. 
IMG-3019.JPG.56fcffcafdef947da951987a060d3ff8.JPG
I had another opportunity later in the round to try the same shot from the fairway, with both Speed balls and the MTB-Black.  On that hole (not pictured) I was able to get the MTB-Black to stop (although, not as quickly as the MTB-Red usually does), but the e12 Speed and the e6 Speed both rolled-out to the back of the green, about 30 feet past the MTB-Black.
I'm looking forward to more testing when I get back out there and I will keep you guys posted.
Nice work! I've been curious about the side by side performance of the 2. Have you noticed a big difference in the feel? I'd like to guess that the 50 compression of the Softs might just be enough to take the edge off from what some have claimed about the Speed being clicky and hard. Have you noticed a difference in distance at all between the 2?

So far I've concluded that the Softs are right on par with any premium offering in the distance department and definitely ahead of the curve with control. Slightly sub-par in the wear and tear category. The jury's still out on feel and short game.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Nice work! I've been curious about the side by side performance of the 2. Have you noticed a big difference in the feel? I'd like to guess that the 50 compression of the Softs might just be enough to take the edge off from what some have claimed about the Speed being clicky and hard. Have you noticed a difference in distance at all between the 2?

So far I've concluded that the Softs are right on par with any premium offering in the distance department and definitely ahead of the curve with control. Slightly sub-par in the wear and tear category. The jury's still out on feel and short game.

Thanks man. I would say that's a pretty good observation on the clickyness of the Speed. I'll have to add some photos of the durability once I get back in the bag...that reminds me, I think I left an oatmeal cream pie in there too. I could definitely feel a difference when chipping, the Soft felt like it was going to bite, and did in comparison to the Speed, but not so much in comparison to what I usually get with my MTB-Red. I found that landing it (Speed) short going into the green worked best for getting it close to hole. However, that's not so good for my game, since I'm usually trying make sure I'm not short. Will continue to post any updates I find while out on the course...but still plan to go into the local shop for launch monitor numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Was headed south today and got to play a little hidden gem in South Pittsburg, TN called Sweetens Cove. It’s a redesigned 9 hole track that’s getting a lot of attention lately.

IMG_1217.JPG

https://mobile.twitter.com/sweetenscove/status/1114240125595213824?s=12

Anyway. Played my first 9 with a Srixon Z star XV and second 9 with the e12.

Shot 37/39 for a 76 and had a couple surprising things happened with the e12.

Two of the holes I had 50-60 yards so I was hitting half wedge shots. I managed to spin one and stop it after about 10’ and the other about 15’. Those are typically the same roll outs I get on those shots with my usual balls and NEVER get with a Surlyn cover golf ball. After my testing with shorter shots and pitches I actually didn’t expect it to get that kinda spin. It was a very welcome surprise.

IMG_1230.JPG

To keep with the scuffing up theme. I will say that scuff was probably from a tree impact and user error. On the positive side I’ve still got a full dozen e12s! No victims yet...

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

Caution with cart paths!20190409_213500.jpeg.68efc3d8c458174df32ad642c54e4035.jpeg

If you you didn't already say "cart path" and I had to guess.. I'd think maybe a wolverine brandishing a cheese grader..? That's some serious path rash!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Used the e12 Speed on the course for the first time during my practice round today. Didn't use them exclusively but on a mixture of tee shots and some approaches where risk of losing the ball was minimal. 

Sound and feel off the driver seemed a little more "clicky" and firm than the Vice Tour that I had in play otherwise. I was about 50/50 on fairways using the e12 (6/14 overall). Didn't seem to notice anything unexpected with the curve of ball flights, but it did seem to fly a little lower off the driver than the Vice. 

Chip/Pitch shots were rolling out a bit more than i wanted with both balls today, so I didn't have a lot of tap-in chances after missing greens (4/18).

The e12 feels and performs awesome off the irons. I liked the mid-high ball flight and off the irons I did notice a little less curve than I'm accustomed to. It also held the greens very nicely. This is also where I found my only noticeable point against the ball so far. I hit an absolutely pure strike on a 60 yard pitch and another pure strike on a full 8-iron, and both of those shots took a noticeable bite out of the cover. I could see the white 'filling' in the grooves, and while the cover mark wasn't worth taking the ball out of play, it was definitely rough to the touch and needed smoothing with the thumb and towel. You can see the 8-Iron bite in the photo below. The photo ball was used on about 4 holes worth of regular play, so it is showing a little more wear than I might like.

IMG_1867.jpg.93a7d31c713f8f5ab6425e5e1cbde81a.jpg

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I really don’t pay much attention to ball threads but you guys are all doing a very nice job. Keep up the great work and I look forward to long the term results.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Well, I went 'guts ball' today and put the e12 Speed in play for my league tournament this week. I had a decent round as far as ball striking goes. Keep in mind, I just started a lesson plan series with a new instructor/coach and have been using the SuperSpeed training system besides. But here's what I noticed with the Bridgestone e12 played for a full round.

Irons - The three iron approach shots that felt really flush all carried about 1/2 club extra - one beyond the back of the green and the other two just beyond the target zone but on the green. The greens at today's course in general didn't hold as well as my home course so the well struck irons were seeing about 5 to 6 feet of roll beyond the pitch mark rather than hit and stick or pulling back a bit. 

Wedges - I only hit 2 greens in regulation today so I had lots of chances to hit pitch shots ranging from 30 to 80 yards. I hit about half of them absolutely flush (yep, grabbed a bit of cover on those again) and in every case, the roll out was longer than desired. Example - 80 yards out to have a chance to save par - perfect distance for a 3/4 middle (sand) wedge. Hit down and through the strike to get spin and it feels and sounds perfect. Ball on line, mid to high flight and carries to about 12 feet below the pin (YES!). Then it rolls by the hole another 12 feet to the fringe (Boo!) 

Driver/Woods - Got really good performance with the 3 wood on several tee shots. Nice medium high slight draw and maybe about 5 extra yards. Still feels a little firm off the driver with a lower flight than I prefer. I have to get back on the radar to see if I'm averaging above the 105mph that B-Stone claims the Speed is engineered for. My guess is I'm just a little below that, so combined with the lower ball flight I noticed I was a little shy of my normal yardage with the Driver. 

Straight Distance? - I will add this here. I had a couple of shots where I had to ask the ball to 'Stop Hooking' or 'Stay Left'. The e12 Speed was either really listening or the reduced drag of the dimple design was filling its bill and minimizing the side spin effect. Not that those errant shots didn't cost me a stroke or two on the scorecard, but they weren't penalty strokes.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

As promised, here is the durability of each of the 3 Bridgestone balls I used last Sunday.
As you can see below, the e12 Speed didn't really have much damage. Pretty durable so far.
IMG_3036.JPG
Here you'll see that the e6 Speed looks like it got a cart path, but I promise that it didn't. Damage possibly came from hardpan, as I live in Albuquerque.
IMG_3038.JPG
Here is the e12 Soft with just a couple of small gouges, not bad for a soft ball.
IMG_3039.JPG

As promised, here is the durability of each of the 3 Bridgestone balls I used last Sunday.
As you can see below, the e12 Speed didn't really have much damage. Pretty durable so far.
IMG_3036.thumb.JPG.ba7a8feee9932a6e281c12b5c41acc40.JPG
Here you'll see that the e6 Speed looks like it got a cart path, but I promise that it didn't. Damage possibly came from hardpan, as I live in Albuquerque.
IMG_3038.thumb.JPG.03141c74334d16d77adaa54ca10942b1.JPG
Here is the e12 Soft with just a couple of small gouges, not bad for a soft ball.
IMG_3039.thumb.JPG.4ed2e0f4bc35babbd72b5068e23aa72a.JPG

Sounds like you have similar conditions as us here in AZ. You guys have dirt traps there too? To the untrained eye they look like sand traps.. but the sand is only about a cm thick with concrete directly underneath.. good way to wreck a nice sand wedge..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Did the Bryson test with the e12's today and was very impressed. Every ball I tested had great balance. For those who don't know about the test you put the ball in very salty water (I added about a salt shakers worth to the water to get it to float) then you mark the spot that has floated to the top. You then spin the ball and if it comes back to the same spot, you do this a few times and if it keeps coming back that means the ball is unbalanced. An unbalanced ball can lead to a skewed roll which can negatively affect putts.1555413806673~2.jpeg

I found two like new white E12 Speed balls this week and tried them for several rounds.  For the last three years my usual ball has been the Bridgestone Tour B330 RX or the new Tour BRX.  Prior to that I played the E6.

What I experienced was that the E12 Speed is very HOT!  Off of the driver, a good 10-20 yards further.  Irons were all at least 1/2 club longer than usual.  Pitching and chipping, the ball rolls out more .  Putting, same thing.  Feels harder off the putter face with more of a click.  Rolled out further too.

The ball is definitely a brighter white than the B330 RX and as other testers noted the cover scuffs fairly easily.  But, so do the B330 RX balls.

My normal ball flight is a low to mid height draw.  No problem getting the same flight with the E12 Speed.

Overall, the distance was very satisfying.  Around the greens took some adjustment to account for the roll out.

My feeling is that this is a good improvement over the last generation of the E6.  For me, Bridgestone succeeded in delivering more distance.  If you are looking for more distance and don’t mind a little more rollout on and around the greens this would be a good choice.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

10 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

I found two like new white E12 Speed balls this week and tried them for several rounds.  For the last three years my usual ball has been the Bridgestone Tour B330 RX or the new Tour BRX.  Prior to that I played the E6.

What I experienced was that the E12 Speed is very HOT!  Off of the driver, a good 10-20 yards further.  Irons were all at least 1/2 club longer than usual.  Pitching and chipping, the ball rolls out more .  Putting, same thing.  Feels harder off the putter face with more of a click.  Rolled out further too.

The ball is definitely a brighter white than the B330 RX and as other testers noted the cover scuffs fairly easily.  But, so do the B330 RX balls.

My normal ball flight is a low to mid height draw.  No problem getting the same flight with the E12 Speed.

Overall, the distance was very satisfying.  Around the greens took some adjustment to account for the roll out.

My feeling is that this is a good improvement over the last generation of the E6.  For me, Bridgestone succeeded in delivering more distance.  If you are looking for more distance and don’t mind a little more rollout on and around the greens this would be a good choice.

Thanks for your input, I know we are all glad to hear from others what they have found with these balls. Also, I couldn't agree more, I saw a lot of roll out on chips and pitches.

Side note: Make sure you complete your profile so you can get in on the testing in the future. Keep hit 'em long!

So just compared chipping the e12 to ProV1 and Truvis. Obviously both are more premium balls but the ability to hold and check cannot be understated if that is a part of your game. Now one thing I found is if you're a bump and run player the e12 can be great where as the others can sometimes check up earlier. Also on another note the e12 does not save you from a bad swing, I hadn't seen a slice or hook off the driver but then hit a big ol slice with it (ended up in the adjacent fairway).

Happy Good Thursday Spies. (My own invented holiday since my 4 day work week gets cut to 3 this week.)

So I bit the bullet today(quite literally) and decided to put the e12 into play from swing 1 of my round this morning.

IMG_1265.JPG

To be honest it wasn’t pretty, now to be completely fair my home course is fairly difficult and we had winds 15-20 mph this morning. I made a few notes on my scorecard of unexpected shots.

IMG_1298.JPG

Hole 1- Hit 9I 10 yards over the green then chipped through the green (two things I rarely do)
Hole 2- Hit SW 15 yards long over green.
Hole 3- Hit 5 shots inside 125.
Hole 5- Hit 9I pin high to 155. (Typical yardage 145)
Hole 8- Hit 52 degree 134 pin high. (Typical yardage 115)
Hole 11- Flew PW 150 over green. (Typical yardage 125)

I found today that the ball seemed to fly 10+ yards further off almost all my iron shots. This made club selection increasingly difficult, especially in a 15 mph wind. I’ve always found chipping with the e12 difficult due to the amount of roll out on anything inside 40 yards. I’m starting to think this may be a very poor ball for my game and style of play.

Also to keep up with the durability issues check out this gem...

IMG_1266.JPG

It seems like you guys are seeing more length with these. Are they consistently long? I guess I want to know if you are putting a good swing on it will it go the yardage you expect or are they all over the place?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

It seems like you guys are seeing more length with these. Are they consistently long? I guess I want to know if you are putting a good swing on it will it go the yardage you expect or are they all over the place?

My good contact is consistently longer with the Soft version.

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

3W Cleveland HiBore XLS

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-AW Srixon ZX4 MKII

SW and LW Kirkland Signature (V2)

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

As I mentioned above. Everything I hit today with a full swing 16 degree hybrid to 56 degree wedge was consistently longer. I’ve had about the same distances on my clubs for several years so whatever they have done to the e12 makes everything I hit approximately 10 yards further. I was dealing with some wind today but it seemed like downwind I was accounting for up to 25 yards of extra carry distance.

I haven’t noticed a lot, if any, additional distance with my Driver.

I will say if they made the e12 with a cover I enjoyed chipping with it could be an interesting. Bridgestone obviously made some significant development with this ball.

When I hit slices for the first time since using the e12 they surprised me how far they had gone I was expecting a major lose in distance but they still seemed to roll out a good distance.

I'm roughly 1/2 club short across the board with the E12 Speed compared to the Vice Pro Soft.  

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

On 4/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, DannyDips said:

I haven’t noticed a lot, if any, additional distance with my Driver.

I will say if they made the e12 with a cover I enjoyed chipping with it could be an interesting. Bridgestone obviously made some significant development with this ball.

Played another full league round with the e12 Speeds on Saturday. My results are similar to what I quoted from DannyDips here. Once again, I was painting within the lines (mostly) but the wayward shots were more swing/contact induced than anything I could attribute to Bridegstone claiming these fly straighter. I will say I did not have any big hook/big slice results, and my number of penalty strokes was down from earlier rounds with the other gamers.

Distance off the driver was not significantly different. Off the irons and other clubs it seems like I'm seeing about a 1/2 club gain with these. That's the good side. Even the flush hit irons aren't grabbing the greens like I would like. I tend to prefer a hop and stop or maybe a slight pull-back on full iron shots into the green. With the e12 it's definitely an adjustment to account for the hit and roll performance.  Especially on intermediate wedges and chip shots. I've had to account for a lot more roll out than with other gamers. But that is an adjustment I can make.

Durability is the only real down side to the e12 Speed that I have noticed so far. Flush iron shots and bunkers were what gave me the results in these photos. I didn't hit any cart paths or trees or any of the other usual suspects for marring of the golf ball cover.

IMG_1871.jpg.9162b62af1e99ca9492b047ac81a18c6.jpg

Nothing more here than a flush 3/4 gap wedge

IMG_1872.jpg.fcc05f326a6df8cd98ecdce05474abf8.jpg

On 4/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, DannyDips said:

Happy Good Thursday Spies. (My own invented holiday since my 4 day work week gets cut to 3 this week.)

So I bit the bullet today(quite literally) and decided to put the e12 into play from swing 1 of my round this morning.

IMG_1265.JPG

To be honest it wasn’t pretty, now to be completely fair my home course is fairly difficult and we had winds 15-20 mph this morning. I made a few notes on my scorecard of unexpected shots.

IMG_1298.JPG

Hole 1- Hit 9I 10 yards over the green then chipped through the green (two things I rarely do)
Hole 2- Hit SW 15 yards long over green.
Hole 3- Hit 5 shots inside 125.
Hole 5- Hit 9I pin high to 155. (Typical yardage 145)
Hole 8- Hit 52 degree 134 pin high. (Typical yardage 115)
Hole 11- Flew PW 150 over green. (Typical yardage 125)

I found today that the ball seemed to fly 10+ yards further off almost all my iron shots. This made club selection increasingly difficult, especially in a 15 mph wind. I’ve always found chipping with the e12 difficult due to the amount of roll out on anything inside 40 yards. I’m starting to think this may be a very poor ball for my game and style of play.

Also to keep up with the durability issues check out this gem...

IMG_1266.JPG

Just curious...those "pin high" shots on #5 & #8; did they roll out to pin high from your typical carry distances, or did you magically get those to stop? 

I'm super shocked at the lack of durability in this ball, as I typically scuff up a soft ball more so than a hard ball like the e12 Speed.