:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

22 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

thoughts/comments/opinions are always welcome! 🙂

I very much appreciate this thought - I had never really considered it, as I typically lose a ball long before it wears out. After all, I suck at golf.

But... as I attempt to  improve, I am always looking for a good performing ball with a good price point because I have become a little cheap with age and can't stomach the thought of losing a $4 ball that may not have much use. If I can get to the point of a ball getting too scuffed to use, I tend to think I would still want something at an appealing price point and your analysis seems like an excellent way to look at it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

35 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I very much appreciate this thought - I had never really considered it, as I typically lose a ball long before it wears out. After all, I suck at golf.

But... as I attempt to  improve, I am always looking for a good performing ball with a good price point because I have become a little cheap with age and can't stomach the thought of losing a $4 ball that may not have much use. If I can get to the point of a ball getting too scuffed to use, I tend to think I would still want something at an appealing price point and your analysis seems like an excellent way to look at it.

Thanks Max! I'm glad you chimed in with your comment. I'm definitely in no way claiming exempt from wild shots resulting in the disappearing ball. I guess if you break this down into 2 sub-categories under the umbrella of "bang-for-buck": 1. if you're a better player who doesn't loose many golf balls, this ball wouldn't be for you and there's actually a better value with a higher-priced ball. 2. If your a beginner, or even decent player who does lose a ball (or more) per round, again there are better looking options available in this ball profile category.   

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Just curious...those "pin high" shots on #5 & #8; did they roll out to pin high from your typical carry distances, or did you magically get those to stop? 

I'm super shocked at the lack of durability in this ball, as I typically scuff up a soft ball more so than a hard ball like the e12 Speed.

The shots on #5 and #8 both landed just short of the target and had a slight bit of roll with enough spin to stop after a few feet. Most of my typical iron shots spin and stop even when I've played with cheaper balls. I usually get plenty or even too much spin on my iron/wedge full shots. 

Now if I could get the balls to stop when I'm chipping/pitching... that would be magical.. 😉 

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Hey group! So I thought I'd stop in as it's been a good minute since my last post. So as the trend and comments continue regarding the durability.. or lack thereof.. I'm concluding that maybe Bridgestone is blazing a new trail for the "disposable" golf ball. I'm finding that I'm not too interested in playing this ball for more than 1 round due to the amount of ball damage showing at the end of the round. The only hope that a ball has to see another round, is if it was pulled at mid or end of the previous round due to a throw away or a shankering to the golf Gods. When used during a launch monitor session, it's an automatic throwaway because the face is just unrecognizable after a hundred+ smacks through my club lineup.  

In comparison to my Project (a) and higher priced balls such as the Bridgestone Tour B XS and ProV1, I've got balls that are going on their 3rd rounds with definite scuffing but nothing resembling the wear on the e12's.. The same goes with both the Callaway Super Soft and the Wilson Staff Duo. They just have much better wear stats. 

Hopefully I'm not being too harsh or critical but I feel this is why we're here. I really want to see Bridgstone continue to excel in the ball/equipment arena and stuff like this should only help them improve right? So throw out the lost ball factor.. throw out the performance factor (both appearing somewhat negligible). Quantifying cost per play at: (cost for 12) / (rounds per ball * 12) = Cost per play (welcome to my brain) ..  I'm beginning to find it difficult to stomach paying $30/12 balls to get roughly 12 rounds of play at $2.50 per play per ball when I can pay about the same price for my Project (a)'s which will gladly give me 2-3 rounds each and amount to about $.83 - $1.25 per play/ball. To add to that, a box of Calaway Super Softs run roughly $20/12 which are also good for 2-3 or so rounds and equate to $.56 - $.83 per play. Even crazier is that a box of Tour B XS or ProV 1's at around $45/12 will definitely hold up to the 2-3 round challenge. Again.. $1.25 - $1.88 per play. 

Sorry if I just blew up anybody's brain with this.. but it's definitely an important factor to me as a budget-conscious golfer trying to get the most out of my equipment. The e12's just don't seem to be a budget-friendly option IMO. 

I love this cost per play calculation... however I dont think I've ever made a round without losing at least 1 ball!

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Hey group! So I thought I'd stop in as it's been a good minute since my last post. So as the trend and comments continue regarding the durability.. or lack thereof.. I'm concluding that maybe Bridgestone is blazing a new trail for the "disposable" golf ball. I'm finding that I'm not too interested in playing this ball for more than 1 round due to the amount of ball damage showing at the end of the round. The only hope that a ball has to see another round, is if it was pulled at mid or end of the previous round due to a throw away or a shankering to the golf Gods. When used during a launch monitor session, it's an automatic throwaway because the face is just unrecognizable after a hundred+ smacks through my club lineup.  

In comparison to my Project (a) and higher priced balls such as the Bridgestone Tour B XS and ProV1, I've got balls that are going on their 3rd rounds with definite scuffing but nothing resembling the wear on the e12's.. The same goes with both the Callaway Super Soft and the Wilson Staff Duo. They just have much better wear stats. 

Hopefully I'm not being too harsh or critical but I feel this is why we're here. I really want to see Bridgstone continue to excel in the ball/equipment arena and stuff like this should only help them improve right? So throw out the lost ball factor.. throw out the performance factor (both appearing somewhat negligible). Quantifying cost per play at: (cost for 12) / (rounds per ball * 12) = Cost per play (welcome to my brain) ..  I'm beginning to find it difficult to stomach paying $30/12 balls to get roughly 12 rounds of play at $2.50 per play per ball when I can pay about the same price for my Project (a)'s which will gladly give me 2-3 rounds each and amount to about $.83 - $1.25 per play/ball. To add to that, a box of Calaway Super Softs run roughly $20/12 which are also good for 2-3 or so rounds and equate to $.56 - $.83 per play. Even crazier is that a box of Tour B XS or ProV 1's at around $45/12 will definitely hold up to the 2-3 round challenge. Again.. $1.25 - $1.88 per play. 

Sorry if I just blew up anybody's brain with this.. but it's definitely an important factor to me as a budget-conscious golfer trying to get the most out of my equipment. The e12's just don't seem to be a budget-friendly option IMO. 

Spot on.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

So I went all@azstu324 on my most recent test of the e12. I hit 10 full shots with 10 different clubs. All shots were hit off a turf mat and into a net.Screenshot_20190423-173225_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20190423-173059_Gallery.jpeg
5 of 10 clubs ended up having similar paint peel spots.
Screenshot_20190423-173017_Photo%20Editor~2.jpeg
The ball on the right is the ball used for all 100 shots.
I think I figured out a bit of the issue with the e12 and it goes back to comments before on how bright white they are. It seems whatever the outer layer making them super bright comes off very easy. This I believe makes the durability of the ball come into so much question.
I hate to make this comparison but it brings to mind range balls, where the paint seems to peel away quite easily.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So I went all[mention=76102]azstu324[/mention] on my most recent test of the e12. I hit 10 full shots with 10 different clubs. All shots were hit off a turf mat and into a net.Screenshot_20190423-173225_Gallery.jpeg.acdad3bc51b2ee6d94ae09e2142193a8.jpeg
Screenshot_20190423-173059_Gallery.jpeg.b83f483614c38b013e8a0883919212dd.jpeg
5 of 10 clubs ended up having similar paint peel spots.
1416865052_Screenshot_20190423-173017_Photo20Editor2.jpeg.5c32f21eddc0e113aca0816dae8f23e6.jpeg
The ball on the right is the ball used for all 100 shots.
I think I figured out a bit of the issue with the e12 and it goes back to comments before on how bright white they are. It seems whatever the outer layer making them super bright comes off very easy. This I believe makes the durability of the ball come into so much question.
I hate to make this comparison but it brings to mind range balls, where the paint seems to peel away quite easily.

Ha! Didn't realize that my ramblings and rantings were so inspirational..

I'm almost wondering if the surlyn is something proprietary with a softer compound than others to help improve feel? I'm heading to the monitors again tonight. I didn't think to snap a post practice pic but I will for sure.

Nice work!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

13 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Ha! Didn't realize that my ramblings and rantings were so inspirational.. emoji12.png

I'm almost wondering if the surlyn is something proprietary with a softer compound than others to help improve feel? I'm heading to the monitors again tonight. I didn't think to snap a post practice pic but I will for sure.

Nice work!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Maybe that Surfactant stuff??  

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IlEw/bridgestone-golf-e12-translator-featuring-tiger-woods

BOMP BOMP BOMP  .  another one bites the dust.. 

So in following the lead of @tchat07 I too have some visual data to share after my practice session last night. Actually this is about 2 rounds and 3 practice sessions worth of data collected with 3 very different balls. 

I've got another data collection formula (here we go again.. 🙄). So I've concluded that in a normal round at a par 72 course, the ball is struck moderately to aggressively +/- 54 times. 72 / 18 = 4 strokes average per hole. Now take away 1 stroke for the putt which doesn't really do any damage. 3 X 18(holes) = 54 decent whacks per round ranging from driver through the wedges. What about par 3's you might ask? This formula does have a bit of fudge factor built in as it is an overall average and G'sIR is not really happening on every hole now is it? 

A typical session at PGATSS on the mats of roughly 100 - 120 whacks should equate to nearly 2 rounds of golf. I realize that live play has the introduction of the elements i.e. cart paths, trees, cacti, grizzlies, etc but this is for general comparison purposes only.. not trying to get all crazy now.

My average score is typically mid 80's which is usually due to 2+ putts so I think the formula should still work. I'll also add that when I practice, I try my best to emulate playing actual holes on the course. In fact, I keep a couple of score cards from previous rounds handy and follow the course by yardage and just do the math in my head. PGATSS limits practice bay capabilities so this is the best I can do to randomize my practice. The same applies though at the grass range and seems to work. 

I've used the following in this comparison test: e12 Soft, TM P(a), Tour B XS. 

The e12 was solely used last night for 100 strikes off the mat at PGATSS. Both the TM P(a) and Tour B XS were both used in actual complete rounds and 75 additional strikes each off the mats. 

This is the e12 that was strictly used in last night's session of 100 total strikes of the mat using a simulator. As you can see it didn't hold up too well. Based on the formula, this isn't quite 2 rounds and was in a very controlled environment (no elements). I'm almost seeing some resemblance to what looks like used PVC pipe. All of the printing has also started to wear off. I forgot to take pictures but I noticed on a few of my clubs, actual chunks of white almost like paint that had broken off from the ball.. No bueno senor 😕

e12.thumb.jpg.b57f88f54774373a43fbc920ea82b6f6.jpg

This is the TM P(a). The scuff mark over the logo is definitely a cart path. Not a miss-hit but I just hit the cart path that cut across the fairway. Resulted in about a 350 yd drive 😛. You can see as with most urethane balls, some of the top layer has worn through showing that yellow under layer. What you see here is mostly superficial and nothing damaging. But most of the dimples are still in great shape. with 1 full round and 1 + simulated rounds, I'd definitely take this one out for another spin. 

(a).thumb.jpg.ddad4ec0e7cbe1fd1666b172a7902444.jpg

The Bridgestone Tour B XS as you can see is nearly unscathed. Even the logo is completely intact. Similar to the TM P(a), this one has one live round and 1+ simulated rounds. I'm actually extremely impressed with the durability and performance of the Tour B XS. Maybe I shouldn't be that impressed.. after all it is Tiger's gamer so what more is to be expected? I'd feel comfortable in saying that this one has a good game or 2 left and might even get retired to my backyard chipping practice bag if it makes it that far without being sacrificed to the golf Gods. 

BXS.thumb.jpg.4bebbd28418fa5c0c5801ebc00a72a46.jpg

Finally, here's a side by side of the 3 in this test to see how they all compare to each other. Just a reminder that the e12 Soft endured less than 2 simulated rounds and both the TM P(a) and Tour B XS were put through an excess of 2 rounds with 1 being live and 1+ simulated. 

3.thumb.jpg.0c4ae1eddedd624cf1782b9a1c88b68a.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Interesting...I'm testing the yellow, and I'm just not seeing the wear that you guys are.  Maybe I don't hit it as hard (a distinct probability)  because I'm pretty sure I hit it more often than you guys would on any given round.  I've got one I've played 2 full rounds with that is almost like new.  I'll have to pull it out and grab a couple of pics.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I've got a driver lesson scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'll try to get some comparative numbers in the post lesson practice time. 

I had one very good drive in my league round this past Saturday. My playing partner remarked, 'well you've determined that test ball does go a long way'. 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Interesting...I'm testing the yellow, and I'm just not seeing the wear that you guys are.  Maybe I don't hit it as hard (a distinct probability)  because I'm pretty sure I hit it more often than you guys would on any given round.  I've got one I've played 2 full rounds with that is almost like new.  I'll have to pull it out and grab a couple of pics.
I'd venture to guess that it's the paint coating difference, because arent the colored balls matte. Bridgestone must be using a weaker painting coating to get the glossy white finish ours have.

55 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

I'd venture to guess that it's the paint coating difference, because arent the colored balls matte. Bridgestone must be using a weaker painting coating to get the glossy white finish ours have.

I'd be inclined to think that, too.  It would be interesting to know what the differences are in the production of the different colors.

My Bag:

9 hours ago, 00sportsman said:

I'd be inclined to think that, too.  It would be interesting to know what the differences are in the production of the different colors.

I wonder if the white balls have a clear coat that add to the shiny finish and the colored balls do not?  The Vice matte yellow balls I play do not seem to have a clear over them.  With this thinking, I also wonder what effect clear coat vs no clear coat might have.  It's most likely minimal and not an issue for us peasants but any difference in production should equate to a difference in performance.  

thoughts/comments/opinions are always welcome!  

Great break down. Puts things in a different light compared to the usual stats most of us look at.
This is why I stopped playing the the e6 Softs over a year ago. The price point was around $30 (if I remember correctly) but I wasn’t impressed with their durability. At the same time I was mainly playing the SuperSofts that were $10 cheaper and lasted longer.

I will add that back the I also played the yellow e6 Softs that were a glossy/somewhat sparkly finish. Got worn out easily.
I’m testing the e12 Softs in Matte Green and like the finish with these a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

After doing all the testing with the e12. I'm super pumped for MGS ball test coming out today. I think I know where I feel like the e12 fits in the massive test and I'm curious to know if I'm right.

https://twitter.com/MyGolfSpy/status/1122493188680441858

So, I've run through my allotment of balls and decided to finish up stage 2 of my review.  Check it out at the link below!!

I've got a scramble event this Saturday that will give me another chance to compare the e12 Speed's performance versus my other gamer options. I expect I'll be ready to run out my Stage 2 after that.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Stage 2

Just finished stage 2. I still have one sleeve left and I still intend to try them on the local PGA simulator to get some actual numbers but I don't think that testing will change my review. Enjoy Spies!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Stage 2 is up.  Questions or comments are welcome, unless I don't like them 😜!

My Bag:

okee dokee.. Stage 2 is up. I'm sure I'll find something to edit in the morning. It's been fun y'all!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

My Stage 2 is already up but I did have the opportunity to test the e12 in the local AboutGolf PGA simulator yesterday. First, a couple disclaimers I've used both this simulator and a TrackMan. I believe the TrackMan to be at least 5% more accurate with club speed/ball speed/spin. I was also told by the simulator owner that the balls wouldn't give that accurate spin rates because I wasn't using his balls. However, I did mark the balls in a way they should track the spin by drawing small lines across the entire ball(I assume AboutGolf uses high speed photos to compare images of the balls at points in the path and derives actual numbers)

725060568_OperaSnapshot_2019-05-06_084757_cc2.friendlysoftware_com.png.b710c45909c6b38c286b3e6b02695924.png

Shots 1-14 were just to loosen up so don't look into those at all.774539469_OperaSnapshot_2019-05-06_084819_cc2.friendlysoftware_com.png.b87a609423655c7e553f0ee75408eb9b.png

Shots 15-17: Attempted to hit 75 yard SW with e12 Speed

Shots 18-20: Full Swing SW with e12 Speed

Shots 21-23: Attempted to hit 75 yard SW with ProV1

Shots 24-26: Full Swing SW with ProV1

649406423_OperaSnapshot_2019-05-06_084839_cc2.friendlysoftware_com.png.941fdec16a4d33aacb17f7951470e61f.png

Shots 27-31: Full Swing 6 Iron with e12 Speed

Shots 33-36: Full Swing 6 Iron with ProV1

Shots 37-41: Full Swing Driver with e12 Speed

Shots 42-45: Full Swing Driver with ProV1.

725436552_OperaSnapshot_2019-05-06_084915_cc2.friendlysoftware_com.png.41124dae83b9bacf71350e893ca499d6.png

Summary of Data:

When I look at the numbers and average them (over 3-5 shots) I see extremely similar spin rates, smash factors, and carry distances. There are a couple things that did stand out to me. 

1. I didn't calculate the standard deviation of the shots mostly because I took such a small sample size but I did notice a trend of the smash factor/carry distances of the ProV1 were significantly closer together. However the e12 was more likely to have spikes in distance, especially with my irons (something I mentioned in "on the course" testing). I hit my 6 iron up to 209 with the e12 where the ProV1 seemed to stay shorter with my best shots and further with the ones not hit as well leading to a more accurate grouping.

2. My "on the course" testing biggest surprise was the spin I got from the e12 when I hit half wedge shots. Now as I stated above I'm not sure how accurate some of the spin rates are but it seems like the e12 at least can generate almost the same spin as the ProV1 on full or even 3/4 shots.

3. As you can see these numbers match what I said about my "on the course" testing with the driver. I didn't notice any jump in distance and maybe just a slight increase in accuracy. My calculations had the ProV at average of 205.2 side spin and 119 side spin for the e12.  

Final Thought:
I still can't stomach chipping, pitching and putting with the e12 but at least I know that I can get the thing to spin when I'm hitting it from beyond 45 yards (if I could ever figure out my yardages with it...) I realize the sample size (3-5 shots) was small and the data might not be quite as accurate as it could be (TrackMan) but I definitely wanted to put out some numbers that could at least show a side by side comparison of the e12 to what I normally play. Thanks for reading!

On 4/3/2019 at 7:56 AM, tchat07 said:

So I have been pretty frequent with what has been going on with my e12 test results and I have come to a relatively personal conclusion, the e12 just is not right for my game.  If the game of golf came down to “driving for show”, then yes I would certainly make this a gamer.  However, it doesn’t and I want to have my most comfort with a ball around the greens aka “putt for dough”.  Do I think they are “bad” golf balls not in the slightest I think they would work great for certain people’s game.

Looks & Durability (7 out of 15 points)

Looks (5/7) – I thought that the “whiter” look of the golf balls was nice. It was nice to look at on the green, fairway, rough, and tee.  I really liked the B2 style of print, it provided a sharp contrast with other balls and was quirky enough it seemed cool.  I did not like the side line, I thought the writing was too small which made it difficult to read as well as not being great for lining up putts.

Durability (2/8) – We all spoke in depth about the durability of the ball and all of the issues with it.  If you struck cart path “she” was for sure a goner due to the deep gouges.  If you made hard contact with a wedge it would pull off a layer. I compared it in one comment to range balls, with how the paint always ends up on your club face.  Now I gave it some points because I think part of the durability issue is more cosmetic then actual performance based.  I felt all the paint coming off was the glossy “whiter” coat coming off and it did not seem to falsely affect ball flight, distance or roll.

Sound & Feel (10 out of 15 points)

Sound (6/7) – I thought the sound was great with the driver, had the audible pop that makes it feel like you smoked a ball.  The sound was actually best with the irons, even bad strikes had a flushed sound to them.  With the putter is where it lost a point, it came off the putter face with almost a dead “tick” sound.

Feel (4/8) – Was not a fan of the feel off the driver, felt it was very hard even on center of the face hits.  Feel off the irons was great though, good shots with the irons you knew immediately just by how it felt at impact.  Feel with the putter was hard because I felt it had no feel, really struggled with distance control when putting with the e12.

On-Course Performance (35 out of 50 points)

Putter (7/13) – I thought the ball was hard to control off the putter in terms of distance control.  It’s roll was perfectly adequate but as someone would relies a lot on distance control it increased my average number of putts by at least 4 to 6 per round.

Wedges (8/12) – Full wedges were great, solid strikes hit their distances and stuck relatively close to where they landed.  Any wedge shot that was not full however was difficult to control due to the amount of runout.  This was not much of a problem for the lower lofted clubs that run out was normal for but for higher lofted clubs it proved to be an issue.

Irons (10/12) – Iron shots were great, the ball flight was very tight. If trying to draw or fade the ball it proved to have a tight ball flight and didn’t spin off much. The only place where the iron shots were problematic was into wind, they had a tendency to balloon very badly which highly decreased the distance.

Driver (11/12) - Driver shots were easily the best of any club in the bag.  Distance off the driver was greater compared to other balls.  It also had a tight ball flight which led to a greater percentage of fairways hit. 

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (14 out of 20 points)

There are a couple of factors that go into whether or not the e12 is a gamer.  For me it comes down to the specific course and the weather conditions.  As for the course if there are soft greens it would be safe to play the e12 because it would cut down on the roll out on the greens.  If it’s dry then it’ll be very difficult to leave this in the bag.  When it comes to weather conditions it all depends on wind, if there is windier conditions this will not be the ball that’ll go in play. 

Conclusion

I think the e12 is great for someone who has a high swing speed but is not someone who needs a lot of feel around the green.  I feel it did what Bridgestone said it would do, had more distance and was straighter.  I would purchase the ball but would most likely not use it in a competitive capacity.  I think using this over the summer it would not be an option but during the fall and spring it would be a viable option.  All of this I wrote before reading the MyGolfSpy Ball Review which now has me thinking I need to play one specific ball at all times, so this might not be the ball for my game.

Final Score: 66 out of 100

This is a similar conclusion to what I had on the e6 Speed.  Didn't stray much offline.  Full shots into the green stopped reasonably well.  Partial swings would run like Usain Bolt.

I wouldn't be able to use it as a gamer unless I was planning on hitting 80% of the greens.  However, I would totally use this in a scramble.  Aim Dead On and it will hold its' line.  If you are off the green, switch out to a higher spinning ball for the chips (and find new scramble partners).

PS.  If switching balls on a hole in a scramble is illegal, then don't switch out balls around the green.  You should still find better partners, though.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

@dannydips Both of us came to a very similar final thought. Its inability close and around the green makes it a difficult ball to be a gamer.
@romeopapazulu That is interesting you had the same result with the e6 since this was supposed to be the improved version. I do agree that it would be great for scrambles. The only problem for me looking for a group that hits the green during a scramble is then I become the expendable member haha.

If you all aren't reading these outstanding Stage 2 reviews, you're really missing out!!

My Bag:

So what I'm finding extra intriguing with the stage 2's posted, specifically with the colorful options v.s. the classic white, is that they almost appear to be completely different balls in respect to wear and tear. It looks like the colored balls aren't taking on nearly the kind of battle damage that the classic white's appear to be taking. Is the dye in the cover doing something to add a little extra toughness? Is the cover makeup something completely different in order to create the "matte" finish? 

Had those of us that opted for the white, originally gone with a more colorful option, would we have seen different results and reported differently? the only major negative that I found with the ball was the durability. Other than that, it performed decently. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

So what I'm finding extra intriguing with the stage 2's posted, specifically with the colorful options v.s. the classic white, is that they almost appear to be completely different balls in respect to wear and tear. It looks like the colored balls aren't taking on nearly the kind of battle damage that the classic white's appear to be taking. Is the dye in the cover doing something to add a little extra toughness? Is the cover makeup something completely different in order to create the "matte" finish? 

Had those of us that opted for the white, originally gone with a more colorful option, would we have seen different results and reported differently? the only major negative that I found with the ball was the durability. Other than that, it performed decently. 

I had the same exact thought. The e12 speed wasn't offered in any color except white and all of us I think noticed durability issues. Of course the e12 speed was designed for faster swing speeds perhaps the harder impact with each clubhead and sometimes increased probability balls will be hit into trouble (trees/cart path) that sometimes accompanies faster swing speeds could contribute to the cause.