Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone e12 Speed and Soft Golf Balls

STUDque

Great Stage 2s so far everyone. Based on the durability and performance, it looks like this isn't a ball I'll be looking to try out any time soon. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've been meaning to post this, but life has been very busy lately.
So, it wasn't the last time I played (I followed up this round with 2 tournaments and I just don't trust this ball enough to use it in tournament play.), but it was the last time I played with the e12 Speed that I actually got the ball to bite and stop on the green...at least once anyway.  Keep in mind these were pristine greens at a private club I was invited to play.  It was a 155 yard par 3 and I selected to go with the 9-iron even though that is typical 8-iron distance for me, but because of all of the roll-out with this ball I decided to club down. Here is a picture of the result.
IMG_3074.JPG
Here is a close up.
IMG_3075.JPG
Thankfully, even though I came up pretty short of the hole, I was able to 2-putt for the par.
NOTE: I should have Stage 2 posted this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Edited by M. Parsons
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I had the same exact thought. The e12 speed wasn't offered in any color except white and all of us I think noticed durability issues. Of course the e12 speed was designed for faster swing speeds perhaps the harder impact with each clubhead and sometimes increased probability balls will be hit into trouble (trees/cart path) that sometimes accompanies faster swing speeds could contribute to the cause. 
I wondered earlier if the color might make a difference. I wouldn't discount swing speed either, although I'm still up over 100 with the driver and didn't see the type of damage that others did. I didn't hit that many full swing second shots so that could have had some bearing on my results as well

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Stage 2 has just been posted, check it out and let me know if you have any questions.  It's been fun!  Here's hoping for future testing opportunities with MGS.  Thanks again.  Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

On 4/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, azstu324 said:

Sounds like you have similar conditions as us here in AZ. You guys have dirt traps there too? To the untrained eye they look like sand traps.. but the sand is only about a cm thick with concrete directly underneath.. good way to wreck a nice sand wedge..

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

I would say the conditions are pretty close the AZ, but I moved here from Las Vegas, and those conditions were pretty much AZ to a tee. I haven't found any of those dirt traps, but do get those conditions in the hard-pan past the rough, in between fairways. One thing I do find quite often in the traps out here are pebbles rather than sand.  I jacked-up the grooves on my 7-iron (non-forged) the other day hitting out of the hard-pan / rocks.

Stage 2 is up!

This has been a lot of fun. I've never dedicated so many brain cells or calories to paying attention to the differences in ball performance.

Enjoy! And thanks again to MGS for the testing opportunity. Hope I get a shot at another one soon.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

So, just to sum the scoring up as we sit as of this post...

The average score for the E12 Speed was 59.  The range was 47 to 68.  To basically be within 20 points total is fairly impressive and speaks to all 5 testers seeing similar results.  

As of this post, we only have 3 of 5 scores for the E12 Soft.  The current average rating is 83 but the range is a much larger 66 to 97.  It will be interesting to see where the final 2 scores come in and if we have a standard deviation greater than 3 or 6 sigma.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

I got in most of another round yesterday using the e12 Speed. It confirmed the stage 2 results. I got good performance off the driver and irons, but was disappointed with the short game performance. It just doesn't want to grab the green if you don't hit a full shot.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to reading your review, 00sportsman.  Well done, my friend. Very honest and forthright review of the e12 Soft.  Good comparison to the Wilson Duo as well.  Thanks for the opportunity to try it out, although I lost it on the second hole......ugh!  I will probably try it in the future.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Finally got around to reading your review, 00sportsman.  Well done, my friend. Very honest and forthright review of the e12 Soft.  Good comparison to the Wilson Duo as well.  Thanks for the opportunity to try it out, although I lost it on the second hole......ugh!  I will probably try it in the future.
Thanks. Was it really only the second hole you played with it? I would have sworn you used it more than that.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag