Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NBA Superstar Klay Thompson Partners with COBRA Golf & Claude Harmon To Help Him Play Better Golf

NBA SUPERSTAR KLAY THOMPSON PARTNERS WITH COBRA GOLF AND RENOWNED SWING COACH CLAUDE HARMON III TO TAKE HIS GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Using COBRA Equipment Combined with COBRA CONNECT Technology the Pair Take on the Course in a Video Series titled “Weekend Warrior”

Website link: http://bit.ly/2YIk51x

YouTube Link Teaser video: https://youtu.be/eWYfaEY4v-M

Klay Thompson has always wanted to break 80 on the golf course. And we’re here to help him do just that. Today, COBRA Golf announced a partnership with NBA star and Golden State Warrior sharp-shooter, Klay Thompson, to create a four-part, docuseries that will focus on his passion for golf, and his quest to improve and take his game to the next level. 

Known for his smooth stroke from behind the arc, Thompson is looking to bring that same precision and clutch performance to the golf course. To help him do that, COBRA enlisted the help of long-time ambassador, and celebrated golf instructor, Claude Harmon III, who currently has some of the world’s best golfers on his roster. Harmon, currently the Director of Instruction at The Floridian, will work with Thompson, utilizing COBRA Golf equipment and COBRA CONNECT technology Powered by Arccos, giving him the tools and insights to help him become a better golfer.

“I’m competitive in everything I do, so partnering with COBRA and Claude is a great way to take my golf game to the next level,” said Thompson. “My on-court success relies on precision, accuracy, and attention to detail. The data I get from COBRA CONNECT will allow me to apply the approach I have for basketball and enhance my play on the links.”

The Weekend Warrior series will help bring to light COBRA’s innovation story through two individual experts in their respective sports, who simply share a relatable passion for golf. How they work together during the offseason to improve the three-time NBA Champion’s game will be a storyline any golfer can appreciate.

“Klay is such a talented athlete, and I’m excited to help bring that skill, accuracy and dedication to the golf course. While we both have busy schedules, utilizing CONNECT technology will help identify the areas of his game that need improvement, and allow him to practice smarter, and make better decisions on course,” said Harmon III. “And, thanks to CONNECT tracking his rounds, we can analyze the data, review his stats, and I can provide feedback even when I’m not with him on course. The positive impact CONNECT can have on your game is truly remarkable.”

Klay_Claude030119_cobrapuma_kk_00419V1.jpg

Klay_Claude030119_cobrapuma_kk_00743V1.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

6th member of our #CobraConnect challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

• 3 weeks later...

Don't miss episodes #2 and #3 !!

https://www.cobragolf.com/weekendwarrior

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Chardonnay fade, I like that. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

...I also like the fact that an elite superstar and supremely talented athlete has the same issues as a lot of us in golf.  🙂

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Agreed ^ 

He can beat any of us when it comes to basketball, but knowing that some of us are able to compete with him when it comes to golf is pretty cool. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, FromRightToLeft said:

I just wish these vids were longer and more in depth.

Totally agree. It's always super interesting to me when big Tour coaches also coach more "normal" handicappers and watch the kind of things they focus on. At least to me they typically seem a lot less technical than I'd expect.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer that Klay ended up tearing his ACL in the finals. Not only is it going to put his basketballl game behind a bit, but more importantly, his gains on the golf course are going to suffer as well!

Driver: Nike Covert Tour 2.0, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi (S) cut to 44.5" -- Wood: Callaway X-Hot pro 4 Wood 17* stock project x shaft (S) Hybrid: Bridgestone Precept ECU 21* (S) -- Irons: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro KBS C taper (S) -- Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, 58* (W) -- Putter: Odyssey O Works Red #7s 35” -- Bucket List Courses Played: Forest Dunes, The Loop at Forest Dunes Black and Red, All Tree Tops courses, Black Wolf Run, The Irish Course at Whistling Straits

13 minutes ago, jaymikem said:

Bummer that Klay ended up tearing his ACL in the finals. Not only is it going to put his basketballl game behind a bit, but more importantly, his gains on the golf course are going to suffer as well!

Yeah, that's too bad for him! I'm really not a warriors fan, but Klay is the one guy I still have a lot of respect for. Doesn't complain, does what's best for the team, and flat out balls. 

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here