TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

The Vice Pro and Pro Plus are on my short-list of "premium" balls to test.  Still patiently waiting on the MGS report to come out before ordering anything though.

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've played both before and love them (the Pro a bit more than the Plus). The Snell MTB Black I currently play is a good ball, but it's just not my preferred feel. I ordered 3 dozen in white and 3 dozen in the neon red - interested in trying a hi-viz option as I often have trouble tracking the ball through the air. I got an email this morning that FedEx will be delivering today! 🙂 

Out of all of the direct to consumer balls I've tried, I also like the Vice Pro the most. It's the only DTC ball that I've ordered more than "just once to try." 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

16 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Out of all of the direct to consumer balls I've tried, I also like the Vice Pro the most. It's the only DTC ball that I've ordered more than "just once to try." 

I didn't care much for them.  I do, however, like Snell Black.  TP5X was my ball of choice prior to putting Snell in my bag.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I didn't care much for them.  I do, however, like Snell Black.  TP5X was my ball of choice prior to putting Snell in my bag.

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for the test results. Which generation of Snell are you gaming now? I haven't tried the latest iterations.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for the test results. Which generation of Snell are you gaming now? I haven't tried the latest iterations.

I've played both red and black and now play the black (sold all of the red to someone that really liked them).  Want to try the X, but still have almost 3 dozen of the black.  Given that I'm having to take a golf time out due to bum knee being replaced, it may take a while to go thru those.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Interesting, I had a sleeve of TP5 laying around and started playing them over the past week and really liked them. I have a few dozen Snell Black on the way, and I’ve never played them before so this could be fun. I hope they live up to all of the hype I hear about them.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

After today’s round, here are the rankings of the three balls tested:

TM TP5X (last year’s model)
OnCore Elixr (best feel of the bunch by far, distance was good off driver)
Snell MTB
I REALLY like the feel of the Elixr, but I hit BOMBS with the TP5X!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just made an albatross with a ball that was last made 10 years ago. I borrowed a sleeve from my dad for the round to help him get rid of his dozens of new 10 year old balls.

I guess I don't need new tech 🙂

I do prefer bridgestone B330x BRXs for consistency in most conditions

Edited by xxio

This is a report I think will vastly increase some OEM's sales, and maybe decrease some other obvious big sellers.

I'm ready to stick with one ball as most games I either use a Prov1, prov1x, TM TP5, Callaway chromesoft or mostly whatever I have the most of in my bag, at the first tee.

If I can use a ball that really suits my game it can ONLY be a good thing for consistency, and that's one of the biggest factors in improving your game.

I'm keen to find out the compressions of different balls also e.g I thought they were all 90-100 compression but I note Wilsons new ball is 60 and I believe Chromesoft supersoft is about 40 (I was told this but dont know.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

When will the review come out?  I need to stock up so I can lose them this summer.  

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Tony.....we're all waiting for this golf ball report!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can’t take it anymore!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I hope the new Maxfli Tour/TourX will be in the test. Got a dozen of each for $40. They are 2 for $50 and I had a $10 off $50 coupon. Well, there was a survey 9n the receipt so now I have another chance to grab 2 for $40.......not bad!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I hope the new Maxfli Tour/TourX will be in the test. Got a dozen of each for $40. They are 2 for $50 and I had a $10 off $50 coupon. Well, there was a survey 9n the receipt so now I have another chance to grab 2 for $40.......not bad!

Have you tried them yet? I got some of their 6 piece balls last year on clearance, the cover was odd. It claimed urethane heritage, but it was pure XL 7000 feeling. 

I'm wondering if this new version feels better

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I usually play the Chrome Soft, but have been thinking about switching to the Bridgestone tour bxs.  I was going to stock up on them but I am waiting for the test results like everyone else...any word on when it will be coming out?  This is probably the most important test for all of us in quit some time! 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

14 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

If that happens, will it change the ball that you play?

No, because I already play the Snell ball.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

No, because I already play the Snell ball.

Have you bought any MTB-X's yet?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I can hear the masses clamoring - "GIVE US THE MGS GOLF BALL REPORT"..............WE WANT THE REPORT"!!!!!!!!!!!😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

I'm going to make a prediction that what we are going to see is that many of the direct-to-consumer and other cheaper balls perform just as well as the premium overpriced balls.  That will be the big disclosure.

If that happens, will it change the ball that you play?  

I believe you are correct.  Several "numbers" guys have Youtube videos comparing Vice and Snell balls to ProV1 and others with very similar (if not identical) results.

I am already in the market for a new ball so, yes, the MGS Ball Test will be a factor in the selection process.  I can no longer get by with a non urethane ball.  I'm giving away too many strokes with wedges in my hand not being able to hold greens. 

With that said, I'm still patiently waiting!

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I can hear the masses clamoring - "GIVE US THE MGS GOLF BALL REPORT"..............WE WANT THE REPORT"!!!!!!!!!!!😁

I'm waiting on this, the most wanted driver results by swing speed, AND the updated 2019 clubhead center of gravity reports.  I eagerly check the site every day in anticipation of one of these to drop and every day I'm left disappointed. 

My bag is a revolving door!

31 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I believe you are correct.  Several "numbers" guys have Youtube videos comparing Vice and Snell balls to ProV1 and others with very similar (if not identical) results.

I am already in the market for a new ball so, yes, the MGS Ball Test will be a factor in the selection process.  I can no longer get by with a non urethane ball.  I'm giving away too many strokes with wedges in my hand not being able to hold greens. 

With that said, I'm still patiently waiting!

While I think you'll see the Direct-to-Consumer ball do well on the general launch metrics (ball speed, launch angle, spin, etc), I think we'll see some of them suffer a bit on the carry consistency, compression, and distance offline categories. Launch monitors capture a snap shot at impact but this study will show where that ball ends up with a perfect swing. I think the DTC ball companies don't have the R&D budget or the quality control processes in place like a Titleist, Bridgestone or TaylorMade. I'm hesitant to buy any other DTC ball other than snell at this point (Dean Snell is the only one with golf ball engineering background that I'm aware of) until this test comes out. Remember, Tony showed us charts showing golf balls going 20+ yards offline on the driver carry with a robot swinging the club. Imagine swinging the club perfectly only to miss the fairway. That would be disheartening. He also mentioned a wide disparity in golf ball compression in the same box of golf balls. That's QC/manufacturing carelessness and I have a hard time that came from a top ball manufacturer. Who knows...prove me wrong MGS!!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

FYI, for those searching for news, according to OldEnglish_GSpy (Harry), they anticipate the test to drop Thursday, April 25th...pending completion of data gathering. Apparently there's a lot of data on this test and they need to get it right. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

3 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

While I think you'll see the Direct-to-Consumer ball do well on the general launch metrics (ball speed, launch angle, spin, etc), I think we'll see some of them suffer a bit on the carry consistency, compression, and distance offline categories. Launch monitors capture a snap shot at impact but this study will show where that ball ends up with a perfect swing. I think the DTC ball companies don't have the R&D budget or the quality control processes in place like a Titleist, Bridgestone or TaylorMade. I'm hesitant to buy any other DTC ball other than snell at this point (Dean Snell is the only one with golf ball engineering background that I'm aware of) until this test comes out. Remember, Tony showed us charts showing golf balls going 20+ yards offline on the driver carry with a robot swinging the club. Imagine swinging the club perfectly only to miss the fairway. That would be disheartening. He also mentioned a wide disparity in golf ball compression in the same box of golf balls. That's QC/manufacturing carelessness and I have a hard time that came from a top ball manufacturer. Who knows...prove me wrong MGS!!

In the meantime, I'm going to empty my current inventory of golf balls and wait patiently. 

Seems to be a bit of a biased sentiment and solely based on perception and speculation.  I will remain patient and unbiased while waiting for the actual results to be released. 

I'm interested in seeing the test results too. I agree that many if not all DTC ball makers do not have proper (if any) testing equipment for ensuring what they sell or the claims they make. But, the companies they contract with to make their balls surely must have some degree of QC and or testing at their disposal. If I wanted to start selling the PJ1 or PJ1x all I'd have to do is contact a Korean mfg and request a certain type of ball. Don't you think? I'm sure these mfg's have many flavors of balls for me to choose from and at various prices. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

29 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm interested in seeing the test results too. I agree that many if not all DTC ball makers do not have proper (if any) testing equipment for ensuring what they sell or the claims they make. But, the companies they contract with to make their balls surely must have some degree of QC and or testing at their disposal. If I wanted to start selling the PJ1 or PJ1x all I'd have to do is contact a Korean mfg and request a certain type of ball. Don't you think? I'm sure these mfg's have many flavors of balls for me to choose from and at various prices. 

That's my whole point.  The Kirkland Signature ball provided us with clear evidence that these balls are manufactured in the exact same facilities as Titleist, Bridgestone, TaylorMade and others.  Why else would Titleist attempt to sue Costco for stamping a ProV with the Kirkland Signature logo?  Vice and Snell aren't building their on manufacturing facilities before going to market with a line of golf balls.  They are buying them from the same manufacturers as Costco and Titleist.

With that said, Tony also indicated on social media while teasing #MostWantedGolfBall that results have been eye opening.  A little known "direct to consumer" golf ball with underwhelming performance wouldn't be "eye opening."  Titleist or Bridgestone being underwhelming would be!

Again, I think I will patiently wait for the results and try to remain as unbiased as I possibly can.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, Thin2win said:

Have you tried them yet? I got some of their 6 piece balls last year on clearance, the cover was odd. It claimed urethane heritage, but it was pure XL 7000 feeling. 

... Yup, bought some of the U6 and gave them to my son. Hated the feel and found it XL Top Flite'ish too. Hardst feeling urethane ball I ever played. But the new Maxfli Tour X is just outstanding in performance and feel. In fact the Maxfli Tour X performs and feels very similar to my favorite ball, the TP5x so I picked up 4 for $100. One of the dozen is Matte White that I will give to my son. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

40 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yup, bought some of the U6 and gave them to my son. Hated the feel and found it XL Top Flite'ish too. Hardst feeling urethane ball I ever played. But the new Maxfli Tour X is just outstanding in performance and feel. In fact the Maxfli Tour X performs and feels very similar to my favorite ball, the TP5x so I picked up 4 for $100. One of the dozen is Matte White that I will give to my son. 

Good to know, that will put them right there with the Snell and Vice at that price point. Will have to take a closer look at them.... If only there was a ball test coming out soon that would put some data analytics to golf balls.  Do you know if anyone has ever thought about doing that kind of test? I imagine it would be eagerly anticipated and if you leaked small snipets of data out about it you could really hype it up...🤔😀😂

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Have you bought any MTB-X's yet?

No and I'm conflicted between them and the Blacks. I'm ordering 5 dozen next week in Optic yellow but the blacks are back ordered until about mid May. So I may just be getting the X's because of availability.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!