Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

This is my favorite test MGS has done! Seriously I am still digesting and drilling through this data. But I recently picked up some TP5x and by the looks of this test they are exactly what I was trying to gain. A little higher launch with less spin!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I knew I shoulda went with my gut and ordered some MaxFli Tours....

Looks to have the same dimple pattern of the 2015 Wilson that I loved so much.

Who’da thought MaxFli would be a performer again?

Maxfli was always a golfball company first. Nice to see them remain relevant.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I knew I shoulda went with my gut and ordered some MaxFli Tours....

Looks to have the same dimple pattern of the 2015 Wilson that I loved so much.

Who’da thought MaxFli would be a performer again?

... I don't wanna give myself blisters from patting myself on the back ... but I did. 😂  Started a thread about them and they are on sale again at 2 dozen for $50 thru 5/4! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

So I've been playing the Tour B RX, Vice Pro, and Snell MTB Black.  I'm probably in the slower swing speed arena at 71 years old.  I noted that Gary Player is now endorsing the Oncore Elixir and wondering if this might be a good ball to try since it appears to offer a few extra yards.  Just looking for some extra help interpreting the results that MGS provided to us in the charts.

55 minutes ago, jlukes said:

They state in the test the exact reasons they chose to use a robot. It was to test consistency of the golf balls. 

Bringing other variables into play wouldn't help us understand how a golf ball performs 

I saw that and get that but the way a player hits the ball is going to have an impact on results that could be different than what’s in the test. It’s good info but imo not the end all be all to what ball performs better 

52 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

The data set is pretty immense, and it really doesn't say there is a "best" ball. But I think it really does give us huge amounts of information to guide us towards a ball that will probably work best for us. 

Most of the data sets have a pretty identifiable line slope, and the balls all fall basically on that line. If you are looking for a lower spinning higher launching ball, it shows you which to look at, same for the lower launch more spin. Or if you like the numbers you have it gives you that center area. 

Just a huge amount of information. And I think everyone can come away from it with a different "winner". I have ordered a box of the MTB X and the Bridgestone Bx to test, as I liked how they looked, but man, someone else could see those two as being awful choices. 

Agree it’s a good amount of info and helps show  what balls could perform but imo results are going to vary even at same ss because of contact/strike.

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I wonder how many Chrome Soft Tour players are giving the hexagon dimples
the stink eye after reading these?

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I’ve read through this a few times now. And I’m getting little golden nuggets each time.

Or are doubting the results because it doesn’t validate their choice. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Not really. One surprising takeaway is how similar Prov1 and Prov1X are. 

The people at Titleist that I have spoken with openly say the characteristics of the two are closer now than they have ever been.  Butceqxh still maintains it's primary features. 

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

If the mod's are reading this: 

Recommendation is that donor's get access to all test data ahead of time. I think this would be an additional incentive to build on the donor base. You guys are doing some great work at headquarters oh and of course the Mods in the field as well. 

Will pass it on. But I'm sure HQ will read it here as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Great test and probably the most beneficial golf test for me that I've read.  I change golf balls more often than my undies and based on my scoring last year and these results I am going back to the Z Star for the year.  I'm a golf ball doesn't matter guy and that changed today.  Thank you for all the effort put into this and the presentation.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Tough to give-up so many yards off the tee between TP5X and Bridgestone Tour B X. Crazy. Looks like I need to swap out my TP5X!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It still shows that you have to find a ball that works for your. This ball test could help in determining factors that you want in a golf ball and could point you in a direction. 

I don’t care for titleist at all for anything, so I don’t care what the testing shows, they don’t get into my bag unless i find them in the Woods, and then I just give them away. Now, outside of Titleist, the balls that I have found that work best for me, Chrome soft, Chrome soft X, Snell black, Snell X. I am currently using the MTB X, but I like the black as well. I would exclusively use the Truvis black and yellow, but to get new ones the price keeps climbing. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Thanks MGS!

I must admit I believed in some of those myths: such as being unable to compress a ball properly and softer is longer for slower swing speeds (<100mph)

I used to have a hard time sticking with one ball, cause they all felt similar... and I would buy whatever was on sale.

AAANNNDDD... 90% of the balls I buy are lakeballs... I always thought it was the manufacturers protecting their revenue by saying pond balls are a no-go, so I didn't believe it.

As I mentioned, I jumped on a deal of 35 dozen Vice Pro and Vice Pro+ before the results were published and I'm glad they didn't land at the bottom of the group.

I would like to try the Snell, but the closest distribution is in the UK and the prices are not that attractive.

Since I can't see myself paying more for a ProV1x or Tour B X, I guess I'll stick with the Vice Pro. I certainly won't lose sleep over 3 yards of carry, which are also offset with the yards offline.

With the 7i and wedges, I'll be sacrificing 300-400RPM, but should be OK with the increased LA.

Starting tomorrow, it's gonna be Vice Pro for me every round. I shall report by the end of the season and blame the ball if my HCP doesn't go down! 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

After pouring over the data, Any of the balls in the Good, Very Good, and Excellent categories are all fairly close. A MPH here or there, a yard or 4 in distance, most of us lose more than that due to inconsistent strikes. To me it really looks like the the biggest issues would be manufacturing tolerances, which create the dispersion inconsistencies. IMO...  And the balls with the highest spin rates tend to be shorter off irons which goes to reason... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

So I'm in between the test speeds at around 95mph with driver, so it took me a bit of reading to try and figure out where I'm at.

Personal experience with the ProV1/x means I'm still not going anywhere close to that one.

I did see the Q Star Tour get rated as a higher launch/lower spin for "slower than internet forum poster" speeds, which is nice to see since it's one of my favorite balls.

In the end, I'm still going to keep playing the Duo, QST, Project (a), etc. Mostly because I have 6+ dozen of them on my closet shelf still 😄

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

33 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

So I'm in between the test speeds at around 95mph with driver, so it took me a bit of reading to try and figure out where I'm at.

Personal experience with the ProV1/x means I'm still not going anywhere close to that one.

I did see the Q Star Tour get rated as a higher launch/lower spin for "slower than internet forum poster" speeds, which is nice to see since it's one of my favorite balls.

In the end, I'm still going to keep playing the Duo, QST, Project (a), etc. Mostly because I have 6+ dozen of them on my closet shelf still 😄

@russtopherb Not sure if you saw in the article that if you click both the 115mph and the 85mph filters you will get the average if the 2 for data (100mph). I am in the same boat, 95mph. Doesn't change the data a whole lot but good to know. I also play the Taylormade Project (a) ball since i have like 6 boxes on my shelf as well. I wish that ball was included on the testing. Though I am interested in the Bridgestone Tour BX...

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

11 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

So I've been playing the Tour B RX, Vice Pro, and Snell MTB Black.  I'm probably in the slower swing speed arena at 71 years old.  I noted that Gary Player is now endorsing the Oncore Elixir and wondering if this might be a good ball to try since it appears to offer a few extra yards.  Just looking for some extra help interpreting the results that MGS provided to us in the charts.

Two balls that I have not tried yet but am interested to try after seeing results is the Vice Pro and OnCore Elixr.  If you end up giving the Elixr a go, I'd be very interested to see a comparison post on your thoughts. 

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

@russtopherb Not sure if you saw in the article that if you click both the 115mph and the 85mph filters you will get the average if the 2 for data (100mph). I am in the same boat, 95mph. Doesn't change the data a whole lot but good to know. I also play the Taylormade Project (a) ball since i have like 6 boxes on my shelf as well. I wish that ball was included on the testing. Though I am interested in the Bridgestone Tour BX...

A lot of people have apparently missed or otherwise glossed over that statement. For the balls I've played over the past few years - ProV1, MTB-Black, Vice Pro - the differences in performance are relatively minuscule. This frees me up to play a ball based on feel preferences which would be the Vice Pro. As indicated by the test, I might experience some quality issues with Vice, but personal history indicates that I'm not likely to notice unless there's an issue with the ball's physical appearance.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Two balls that I have not tried yet but am interested to try after seeing results is the Vice Pro and OnCore Elixr.  If you end up giving the Elixr a go, I'd be very interested to see a comparison post on your thoughts. 

I was a Vice Pro Plus user for two years. I liked the performance and loved the price. This was before the DTC model was really a thing.

Cons for me were it was a low spin ball with shorter clubs and the durability was not great.

I ordered the Elixr after playing a sample sleeve and it will be my ball for this year. I was leaning towards the MTB-X but after reading this data and processing it a bit, the Elixr may be a better ball for me.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 minutes ago, icantbebigwill said:

Real shame the E12 soft/speed weren’t included. Both have been on my shortlist to take a look at. I’m stuck between the Z star, Vice Pro, and the E12s right now. 

Given that the E12s both use a Surlyn cover, I'd personally opt for the Z-Star or Vice Pro with Urethane covers.

@TR1PTIK oh exactly. 95% of us will not be able to tell the difference between a few of the top balls. I do notice a difference when i use soft golf balls but changing from a Pro V1 to  a TP5 wont matter to me. Confidence will play a bigger factor.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

So, my brand of choice for the past few years is still coming up trumps. But combining the data on the tables to get closer to my swing speed it looks like I need to play 2 balls, the MTB-X off the tee and the MTB Black everywhere else.

I wonder if Snell can come up with a ball that combines both? 🤔

I need to restock and think I'll get 2 dozen of one and 3 dozen of the other and see what happens.

Thanks to all the staff for all the hard work.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The one part of the data that I don't understand is how the carry relates to the ball speed and spin data.  For this example I was looking at both the high and low speed swings.  The TP5X is right up there with ball speed, withing .5mph of the MTBx.  It is also has relatively high launch with low spin.  There are only a couple of balls that spin lower off the driver.  My though would be high ball speed + mid to high launch + lower spin would equal optimal carry.  On the carry chart the TP5X is middle of the pack??? 

My current gamer Qstar Tour had relatively low ball speed, high launch with low spin and performed as well as TP5X.  The MTBX had .5mph more ball speed, launched and spun almost the same as TP5X (.05 lower launch, .3 higher spin) and it carried a little over 5 yards longer.  It seems like they should almost be equal.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

After (finally) getting into the report I can now understand why MGS was putting teasers out there for so long.  I think this will be one of the tests that we frequently go back to and remember throughout this entire year and for me, probably the next couple years.  I've always been a huge fan of Taylormade golf balls all the way back to the red/black LDP's, however I tend to get a lot of company logo pro V1 balls for free so I often times I'm using those.  I'm normally in rotation of Pro V1's, Nike Rzn Tour Blacks, and TP5/TP5X.  These are the balls that for some reason or another instill a confidence when I tee them up so I continue to play them.  

I can understand what some are saying about the swing speeds having a large discrepancy, but for me it works well as my driver swing is 113 - 115, although I'm sure I have a different AoA and a fade rather than a draw so it's certainly going to be different.  To be fair the TP5X performed well in the test for the most part and has the height that I look for and the Titleist balls show why they are continually the #1 ball on tour, but from what I am seeing with the Snell MTB X, it seems worthwhile to give them a try at $30!  And maybe next time, our company orders golf balls, I'll suggest the Bridgestone Tour B X.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

30 minutes ago, mooremikea said:

The one part of the data that I don't understand is how the carry relates to the ball speed and spin data.  For this example I was looking at both the high and low speed swings.  The TP5X is right up there with ball speed, withing .5mph of the MTBx.  It is also has relatively high launch with low spin.  There are only a couple of balls that spin lower off the driver.  My though would be high ball speed + mid to high launch + lower spin would equal optimal carry.  On the carry chart the TP5X is middle of the pack??? 

My current gamer Qstar Tour had relatively low ball speed, high launch with low spin and performed as well as TP5X.  The MTBX had .5mph more ball speed, launched and spun almost the same as TP5X (.05 lower launch, .3 higher spin) and it carried a little over 5 yards longer.  It seems like they should almost be equal.  

Just looking at raw data between MTB-X and TP5X, the data does show carry distance is nearly 12 yards less for the Taylormade while most other data points are similar. at least 3 yards can be explained by ballspeed (171.50 vs. 170.56), but the rest is certainly a bit of a question mark. No doubt these results are averages of multiple shots so the difference could be the result of varying levels of quality between the balls tested???? That is a bit of a puzzle.

Just now, TR1PTIK said:

Just looking at raw data between MTB-X and TP5X, the data does show carry distance is nearly 12 yards less for the Taylormade while most other data points are similar. at least 3 yards can be explained by ballspeed (171.50 vs. 170.56), but the rest is certainly a bit of a question mark. No doubt these results are averages of multiple shots so the difference could be the result of varying levels of quality between the balls tested???? That is a bit of a puzzle.

I thought the same thing - especially when the irons are actually 4 yards longer.  I've always felt the TP5X was a bit of a longer ball anyways - especially with irons, so this matches up with that.  I don't do any sort of measuring with most drives so it's difficult for me to tell if I'm longer/shorter with the driver, but with irons you clearly know the yardage into a green.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"