TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Based on the article comment replies by Tony and the live chat yesterday, Titleist and Srixon own and control the entire process.  Taylormade owns the cover application process but the core and materials are outsourced.  Callaway outsources most of the process and owns very little.

At least that's what I remember.  Please correct me if anything differs.

Coolest of beans, thanks Sixcat and to Tony for answering one of my questions. I really want to Oncore, but I'm not in the need for balls right now and I've got my spiff deal with Srixon where I can go super cheap... decisions, decisions.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Trying to get some background on Srixon since they are one of the balls I'm interested.

It's never easy...
Looks like Dunlop owns Srixon.
Their mfg plant is in Japan - https://www.dunlopsports.co.jp/en/products/sports/ichijima.html
Dunlop owns Sumitomo Rubber co. and that's used in both the golf and tennis balls - https://www.dunlopsports.co.jp/en/company/profile/index.html

I'm sure I could go further down the rabbit hole, but I'm personally interested in a ball where the company controls the core component - the rubber on the inside - and it looks Srixon is one of those.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I found this article and podcast really interesting and will definitely be using this information to choose the ball that’s right for me.

I’m cheap, so I’m  most interested in the mid priced balls - Snell offerings, Maxfli (on sale) and my current gamer, the Srixon Qstar tour. I plan to test all, but would like a little more information about how/why balls were placed in each category (very good, good, etc.).

I understand that the cut balls were placed in the poor category based on their tendency to get damaged, and the excellent balls seem to have a combination of both high performance and excellent quality control/consistency. What differentiates those balls in the middle of these two extremes?

just a general comment about what qualities balls in these middle categories possess would be great!

After going through the incredible MGS Golf Ball report a couple times & watching the live chat, I started thinking about whether I should consider switching from my current ball, which happens to be the Snell MTB Black (last year’s model), for one of the higher consistency balls. I, too, was surprised by the left turn one of this year’s Snell’s took during the test. But since I have more than 3 dozen of them (couldn’t resist the winter sale), I wanted to find a way to use them the best I could before switching. So, I looked up how to salt water float golf balls to check them out. I also decided to check 7 brand new Kirkland 4-piece balls left over from last year and 4 new ProV 1’s. What I found was interesting enough that I thought I’d share my results should anyone else be interested.

I started off using just salt water and found 4 of the 7 Kirkland’s were pretty significantly out of balance (righted itself to the same spot quickly), but none of the ProV 1’s & none of the first 15 Snell’s I checked were - they all came back to a reasonably random spot.

Considering how significant some of the inconsistencies were during the Ball Test, though, I was confused why none of the first 15 Snell’s showed any out of balance conditions.  I also noticed that while not returning to the same spot, 2 of the 3 Kirkland’s that tested good did come back to a general area each time and fairly abruptly stopped rotating. Wondering whether surface tension of the salt solution itself was possibly affecting ball rotation, I added a drop or 2 of dish soap to the solution and, voila! The 2 Kirkland’s now rotated to a consistent spot. Even the last Kirkland would rotate to a consistent spot, just quite slowly.

So, of course, I had to retest the 15 Snell’s and found ALL of them would return to a consistent spot. It was very slowly meaning that they weren’t as significantly out of balance as the 4 Kirkland’s, but they were out of balance. Wondering how they stacked up against the new ProV 1’s, I retested them as well. I was surprised to find that all 4 of the ProV 1’s were also somewhat out of balance – about as much as the Snell’s (slowly returned to a spot).

Out of 41 Snell MTB Blacks, 4 ProV 1s, and 7 Kirkland 4-piece balls (all brand new, never been hit), none of them were perfectly in balance. But only 4 of the Kirkland’s appeared to be badly out of balance.  I have no way to quantify how far out they are and to what extent it would affect ball flight, just that they would obviously return to a consistent spot quickly - even before I reduced the surface tension of the salt solution. And while 4 balls aren’t a very large sample size, I was happy to see that the Snell’s didn’t seem to be any worse than the ProV 1’s.

So, the questions this leaves me with; Does that mean last year’s Snell model was more consistent than this year’s model that was tested by MGS? No clue. I’d need to check a few dozen of the current model to even speculate.  Does this mean that NO golf ball is perfectly balanced, even one as high quality as the ProV 1?  I’d have to check a much larger sample size to speculate, but I think it’s possible – at least on a consumer level. Does this mean that if you balance check whatever brand you like to play that you can effectively take consistency issues out of the equation? From a side-to-side deviation prospective, possibly. (Can’t wait for someone to suggest that MGS re-run their entire ball check AFTER they balance check them!)

But now that I’ve marked the balance point of my stash, though, I'm reasonably certain that I can’t blame my errant tee shots on the ball (damn it!!!!).

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

Great work on the test, with one exception.  There's a significant hole between 115mph and 85mph.  Those of us that sit in that 95-105 range would likely experience different results.  Just wondering why that middle swing speed was not covered, and how we should interpret the data given that.

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

8 minutes ago, gbtrsc said:

Great work on the test, with one exception.  There's a significant hole between 115mph and 85mph.  Those of us that sit in that 95-105 range would likely experience different results.  Just wondering why that middle swing speed was not covered, and how we should interpret the data given that.

Asked and answered ad nauseam!  

Every industry expert, many who work directly for the balls being tested, agreed that any findings would be linear.  

Tony answered that question in the comments in the blog post and I believe it has been repeated earlier in this thread. Basically display both speeds and draw a line in the middle and you will see how a 100ish swing speed would perform. The results are basically linear.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Don't know if the current model, but I just got an email from Hurricane Golf... TP5 and TP5X balls for $29.99

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It is so nice to be discussing this test with fellow-MGSers. My local golf forum has people upset about the test because either a) that's my experience so the test must be wrong b) there's too much information or c) how can they discount FEEL? It's the MOST IMPORTANT THING IMO. 

Just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate you 🙂

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

@Golfspy_CG2 @GolfSpy MBP I currently play the Taylormade Project(a) ball (b/c i got them free). Though it was not tested in the report, the TM site and articles say it is a compression of 70... that would make it the softest ball out there. HORRIBLE. That would be below the Callaway ERC Soft. Am I right? Do you all have any data that may give better #'s on the compression? Or how can i get a true compression #? thanks

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

13 hours ago, jlukes said:

Sticking with my zstar xv 

Ditto.  Day to day, this is the best all around ball for my game that I've ever played in my life, especially with the 2019 update.  It gives me everything I need in a golf ball.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

12 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Oncore elixir is a ball that seemed to do well in a lot of areas or at least be pretty decent, but not get mentioned too much. 

Big thanks and appreciation to MGS and crew who did this whole test. A ton of info and going to definitely help a lot of golfers.

Now to try and wait and see how many shops introduce ball fittings into their stores. 

I noticed this and, in fact, in my only comparison, it looks like the perfect fit for me... so I ordered some using their promotional $ 25 a dozen price.  They arrive on Friday (tomorrow) and I'll be using them on Saturday.  I'll let you know how they compare to my current gamer Bridgestone Tour B RX.  

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Trying to get some background on Srixon since they are one of the balls I'm interested.

It's never easy...
Their mfg plant is in Japan - https://www.dunlopsports.co.jp/en/products/sports/ichijima.html
Dunlop owns Sumitomo Rubber co. and that's used in both the golf and tennis balls - https://www.dunlopsports.co.jp/en/company/profile/index.html

I'm sure I could go further down the rabbit hole, but I'm personally interested in a ball where the company controls the core component - the rubber on the inside - and it looks Srixon is one of those.

Does qc and process matter for your choice?

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Don't know if the current model, but I just got an email from Hurricane Golf... TP5 and TP5X balls for $29.99

That’s the previous model 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

@Golfspy_CG2 @GolfSpy MBP I currently play the Taylormade Project(a) ball (b/c i got them free). Though it was not tested in the report, the TM site and articles say it is a compression of 70... that would make it the softest ball out there. HORRIBLE. That would be below the Callaway ERC Soft. Am I right? Do you all have any data that may give better #'s on the compression? Or how can i get a true compression #? thanks

If you look at the results table, you will find on the far right the average compression...but then click on the std dev table and look at the compression std dev...it's eye opening. For example, the Vice Pro Plus has an avg compression of 103 but std dev of 6.18. That means that within the test, there was a fairly wide range of compression rates for the same ball i.e. manufacturing and quality control deficiencies. Meanwhile, the Srixon Z Star showed an average compression of 101 and every ball in the test had a rating very close to the average. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Does qc and process matter for your choice?

--yep; and if you produce the raw materials you have much more control over the quality (in theory); if you outsource and get an order of 600,000 rubber balls as your core and then add the layers on top how do you ensure that the quality of those cores is acceptable and within the tolerance limitations?  And what do you do if they're not, send back 100,000?...nah.
I like a company that controls the entire process from the idea to the shelf.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

18 minutes ago, lungbuster said:

Ditto.  Day to day, this is the best all around ball for my game that I've ever played in my life, especially with the 2019 update.  It gives me everything I need in a golf ball.

Bang for your buck, where I live in Canada, you can't touch Srixon pricewise.  15 bucks cheaper than Titliest a box, 10 bucks less than Bridgestone, and with shipping, a wash with Snell Balls.  So cost effective, and an absolutely amazing ball performance wise.

Just now, txgolfjunkie said:

If you look at the results table, you will find on the far right the average compression...but then click on the std dev table and look at the compression std dev...it's eye opening. For example, the Vice Pro Plus has an avg compression of 103 but std dev of 6.18. That means that within the test, there was a fairly wide range of compression rates for the same ball i.e. manufacturing and quality control deficiencies. Meanwhile, the Srixon Z Star showed an average compression of 101 and every ball in the test had a rating very close to the average. 

Srixon owns the factory, produces the rubber, and covers the ball - all at the same place; I would expect that their QC deficiencies would be much smaller.  You may not get the best of the best of the best but an excellent ball that is consistent is right up there.

BTW: not sure if you caught this on the video yesterday but Tony said something along the lines of "it's better to play a bad ball that is consistent than a "good" ball that isn't"

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Srixon owns the factory, produces the rubber, and covers the ball - all at the same place; I would expect that their QC deficiencies would be much smaller.  You may not get the best of the best of the best but an excellent ball that is consistent is right up there.

BTW: not sure if you caught this on the video yesterday but Tony said something along the lines of "it's better to play a bad ball that is consistent than a "good" ball that isn't"

Nice reference!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This is a fantastic report. No surprises at the top but lots of good info for the middle of the pack balls that are more affordable.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

It's never easy...

I think you have it backwards - as far as I know Sumitomo purchased Dunlop Sports Industries not that long ago, although they've had a business relationship for tires for a long time and have owned portions of the Dunlop Tire brand for 30+ years.

I do absolutely agree with your assessment that the companies that control more of the supply chain should end up with a more consistent product - last week I suggested Bridgestone and Srixon should be among the best in this regard. Admittedly, at that time, I was not aware of how much of the process Titleist, Callaway, and Taylor Made controlled. Now I do thanks to Tony's statements and some of the comments in this thread.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Titleist and Bridgestone have their plants for tour balls in the US so that’s another bonus

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

28 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I think you have it backwards - as far as I know Sumitomo purchased Dunlop Sports Industries not that long ago, although they've had a business relationship for tires for a long time and have owned portions of the Dunlop Tire brand for 30+ years.

I do absolutely agree with your assessment that the companies that control more of the supply chain should end up with a more consistent product - last week I suggested Bridgestone and Srixon should be among the best in this regard. Admittedly, at that time, I was not aware of how much of the process Titleist, Callaway, and Taylor Made controlled. Now I do thanks to Tony's statements and some of the comments in this thread.

Yeah... who bought who is further down the rabbit hole than I wanted to go.

I just care that they make all the materials in the supply chain and don't outsource any of it.

somewhat surprised that Callaway doesn't....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

What implications does the test have on the used golf ball market? I almost always buy my supply off balls off Lost Golf Balls, but now I am really considering avoiding them and just ponying up the $$ for new balls. If brand new stuff can randomly fly 10 yards off line due to out of round, bad dimples, etc... then there's just no way a used ball, whether it's been hit 40 times before and cleaned up or it sat in a lake for 3 days, can be better than brand new.

I really wonder how many shots that has cost me over the past few seasons.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

4 minutes ago, z1ggy16 said:

What implications does the test have on the used golf ball market? I almost always buy my supply off balls off Lost Golf Balls, but now I am really considering avoiding them and just ponying up the $$ for new balls. If brand new stuff can randomly fly 10 yards off line due to out of round, bad dimples, etc... then there's just no way a used ball, whether it's been hit 40 times before and cleaned up or it sat in a lake for 3 days, can be better than brand new.

I really wonder how many shots that has cost me over the past few seasons.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Yeah - I'm with you on that one.  I have a friend who walks his dogs on a private course and 'collects' balls for me; I have no clue how old they are and am no longer sure if it's wise to use them.

I realize that they had to end the test at some point and I think they're looking at how they can add/change things for the next time they do it but it would have been kinda cool to take their top performers and compare them to those same balls that you can buy from used sites like LGB to see what differences there may be.

Maybe next time...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

What ball would you play if you were in the 90 mph range with a  driver?

I swing about 90 mph and the Snell MTB X is the longest ball for me. I’ve played the Black for years and love that ball, but the MTB X is even better. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yeah - I'm with you on that one.  I have a friend who walks his dogs on a private course and 'collects' balls for me; I have no clue how old they are and am no longer sure if it's wise to use them.

I realize that they had to end the test at some point and I think they're looking at how they can add/change things for the next time they do it but it would have been kinda cool to take their top performers and compare them to those same balls that you can buy from used sites like LGB to see what differences there may be.

Maybe next time...

Would love for MGS to do this. Take the top 5 performers from this test then blind buy those balls used off LGB (could leave them unnamed just in case the results are very bad) and repeat.

I would suspect at the very least, a high sigma in compression.

A longer term but personal test I may run now is play my used stuff for another month then switch to brand new ProV1x's for 2-3 months and see if my scores drop at all.

I also used to play balls til they looked like hell (again, being cheap). Now as soon as I see a single cut, I'm taking it out of play.

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Maybe next time...

... Just waaaaaaaaay too many variables with a "used" ball. Did it sit at the bottom of a lake, river or steam? Did the previous player keep them in the garage with sub zero or 100+ temps? Did it bounce off a tree, several times? And of course since it is lost, maybe it was out of spec to begin with. 😳  With so many excellent new balls for sale at sub $30 prices it just seems like a no brainer to buy new. Especially last years balls that work just as well this year as they did last year. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)