txgolfjunkie

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

The Vice Pro and Pro Plus are on my short-list of "premium" balls to test.  Still patiently waiting on the MGS report to come out before ordering anything though.

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've played both before and love them (the Pro a bit more than the Plus). The Snell MTB Black I currently play is a good ball, but it's just not my preferred feel. I ordered 3 dozen in white and 3 dozen in the neon red - interested in trying a hi-viz option as I often have trouble tracking the ball through the air. I got an email this morning that FedEx will be delivering today! 🙂 

Out of all of the direct to consumer balls I've tried, I also like the Vice Pro the most. It's the only DTC ball that I've ordered more than "just once to try." 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Out of all of the direct to consumer balls I've tried, I also like the Vice Pro the most. It's the only DTC ball that I've ordered more than "just once to try." 

I didn't care much for them.  I do, however, like Snell Black.  TP5X was my ball of choice prior to putting Snell in my bag.

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I didn't care much for them.  I do, however, like Snell Black.  TP5X was my ball of choice prior to putting Snell in my bag.

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for the test results. Which generation of Snell are you gaming now? I haven't tried the latest iterations.

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for the test results. Which generation of Snell are you gaming now? I haven't tried the latest iterations.

I've played both red and black and now play the black (sold all of the red to someone that really liked them).  Want to try the X, but still have almost 3 dozen of the black.  Given that I'm having to take a golf time out due to bum knee being replaced, it may take a while to go thru those.

Interesting, I had a sleeve of TP5 laying around and started playing them over the past week and really liked them. I have a few dozen Snell Black on the way, and I’ve never played them before so this could be fun. I hope they live up to all of the hype I hear about them.
  • Like 1

After today’s round, here are the rankings of the three balls tested:

TM TP5X (last year’s model)
OnCore Elixr (best feel of the bunch by far, distance was good off driver)
Snell MTB
I REALLY like the feel of the Elixr, but I hit BOMBS with the TP5X!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Just made an albatross with a ball that was last made 10 years ago. I borrowed a sleeve from my dad for the round to help him get rid of his dozens of new 10 year old balls.

I guess I don't need new tech 🙂

I do prefer bridgestone B330x BRXs for consistency in most conditions

Edited by xxio
  • Like 1

This is a report I think will vastly increase some OEM's sales, and maybe decrease some other obvious big sellers.

I'm ready to stick with one ball as most games I either use a Prov1, prov1x, TM TP5, Callaway chromesoft or mostly whatever I have the most of in my bag, at the first tee.

If I can use a ball that really suits my game it can ONLY be a good thing for consistency, and that's one of the biggest factors in improving your game.

I'm keen to find out the compressions of different balls also e.g I thought they were all 90-100 compression but I note Wilsons new ball is 60 and I believe Chromesoft supersoft is about 40 (I was told this but dont know.

• Like 2

When will the review come out?  I need to stock up so I can lose them this summer.  

• Like 2

Tony.....we're all waiting for this golf ball report!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I can’t take it anymore!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

I hope the new Maxfli Tour/TourX will be in the test. Got a dozen of each for $40. They are 2 for $50 and I had a $10 off $50 coupon. Well, there was a survey 9n the receipt so now I have another chance to grab 2 for $40.......not bad!

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I hope the new Maxfli Tour/TourX will be in the test. Got a dozen of each for $40. They are 2 for $50 and I had a $10 off $50 coupon. Well, there was a survey 9n the receipt so now I have another chance to grab 2 for $40.......not bad!

Have you tried them yet? I got some of their 6 piece balls last year on clearance, the cover was odd. It claimed urethane heritage, but it was pure XL 7000 feeling. 

I'm wondering if this new version feels better

I usually play the Chrome Soft, but have been thinking about switching to the Bridgestone tour bxs.  I was going to stock up on them but I am waiting for the test results like everyone else...any word on when it will be coming out?  This is probably the most important test for all of us in quit some time! 

I'm going to make a prediction that what we are going to see is that many of the direct-to-consumer and other cheaper balls perform just as well as the premium overpriced balls.  That will be the big disclosure.

If that happens, will it change the ball that you play?  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

If that happens, will it change the ball that you play?

No, because I already play the Snell ball.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

No, because I already play the Snell ball.

Have you bought any MTB-X's yet?

I can hear the masses clamoring - "GIVE US THE MGS GOLF BALL REPORT"..............WE WANT THE REPORT"!!!!!!!!!!!😁

• Like 4