txgolfjunkie

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

2 hours ago, Monaco said:

Seed: The 01 an 02 are fantastic Balls. 01 is V1 similar, 02 is similar to the V1x. I like everything about these two balls. After season i will test these against the Mtb X. 

Do anyone know this brand? QC?

I had never heard of Seed until a recent YouTube video, not sure if it was Finch or Shiels. They were testing some of the Direct To Consumer balls and this was one of the options. 

Welcome to MGS! Nothing wrong at all with a long comment as your first post 😄

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, pilot25 said:

Do you get to cut them open?  I'd like to see an independent person (not the staff of any site or company) cut open 12 of them and see what they look like.  Its not everyday the average person will throw their money away to cut open brand new balls for the benefit of others.

I don't think I had 12, but I just cut open several Snell MTB-Blacks last week and didn't see anything suspicious. I keep saying I'll post pictures of all the balls I've cut open, but I haven't had a good chance to do it with other things going on.

And for the record, I cut open just as many if not more Vice Pro Plus balls and didn't see anything fishy there. What they sell seems to be what you get with exception to the story about designing and engineering their own stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monaco said:

So long, my first comment. Sorry, if my english is bad.. I try hard 😉 

... Welcome. I am teaching myself Spanish and it is extremely difficult to learn a new language. You did great! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pilot25 said:

I would like to see MGS cut open thousands of balls purchased from different areas of the country at different time frames to get a better assessment of the testing.  Just cutting open stuff you find around VA beach or wherever they are located isn't testing but its a start.

And you'll help finance that experiment?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

And you'll help finance that experiment?

Nope, he'll just ****** about it when it's not done to his exacting standards.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Welcome. I am teaching myself Spanish and it is extremely difficult to learn a new language. You did great! 

Right on!  Monaco, your English is much better than any of my poor attempts at another language; Bravo!  I had never heard of Seed or Pearl.  I will do some research.  Thanks for posting, stay active!! 👍

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I will do some research.

https://pearlgolf.com/

It`s a bavarian brand. 

https://seedgolf.com/balls

It`s an irish brand.

I also want tot try the Zstar and the XV. 

I read about au buy 1 get 1 free offer somewhere...

When is/was this offer? Like Titleist every year?

Only US? Like Titleist everywhere?

I really want to try both balls, think the XV could really suit my game. And with an offer like that... The balls cost nearly the same than my current gamer. 

I really like the idea to play a top performance ball, without paying the name. (to be honest, not only in golf balls: same performance, better price? why not)

Srixon`s quality Control seems to be very well, right???

I think, so far, Mr. Snell develop the Snells, not only brand the ball with SNELL. Who do anything knows about their QC?    

Edited by Monaco
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Monaco said:

I read about au buy 1 get 1 free offer somewhere...

The buy one, get one free ended around Father's Day. I'm not sure if it was offered world-wide or if it was US only.

10 minutes ago, Monaco said:

Srixon`s quality Control seems to be very well, right???

Their QC should also be very good - just like Bridgestone, they own the entire process, even production of the raw polymers.

By the way, welcome!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Dam!

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just saw the post on Instagram. Gotta say it doesn't look good, but I'll also say I haven't seen anything like that with the (admittedly limited) Callaway balls I've cut open. Seems like something that would be quite rare and well within the range of expectations for a consumer product - in terms of overall quality performance, not necessarily product specifications and tolerances. What was the sample size on this? How many Chromesofts does Callaway produce per year?

If anyone wants to stock up on Bridgestone Tour B X and XS (along with all the other Bridgestone golf balls) or Srixon (current and prior year golf balls), Golf Galaxy is running a 20% discount TODAY ONLY to tie in with Amazon Prime Day. Free shipping if you order two dozen, plus you get an Antigua polo if you purchase 2 dozen Bridgestones. Pretty good deal for $71 + tax and free shipping. 

Titleist, Callaway and Taylormade are all excluded from the discount. 

• Like 3

I guess we can call that ball CRAP!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Before I get flamed by trolls I don’t mean all chromesoft balls just that one ball!

I recently won some Chromesofts at a scramble tournament. I was going to give them to my father who rarely plays, but always seems to need golf balls. Perhaps I should donate them to the cause and cut them open? 😉 

• Like 2

Ladies and gents please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the ride at all times. E sure your safety harness is locked in. Smile and have fun 

• Like 2

And that’s why I’ve been doing the epsom salt test on my golf balls.....

It’s actually very rare that I’ve found one to be balanced. Only one out of the 24 Kirkland’s that I bought was perfectly balanced. They weren’t crazy off, but they did have a heavy side.

Same with a sleeve of the new Mizuno balls (both versions).

Maybe a perfectly balanced ball isn’t the norm but a rarity? 🤷‍♂️ I imagine this Instagram Callaway ball would be an example of what could have caused one of those crazy 40yd offline balls from the MGS ball test.

For those of you that do the epsom salt test, how often do you find a perfect ball?