txgolfjunkie

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png The owner of another site just asked me to not come on his site! I love it!

I had the GALL to say that a site that doesn’t take money from OEMs is more likely to be honest. He didn’t like that!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji3590.pngemoji3590.png Goooooood stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone that’s spent time there knows he doesn’t like when the cat is let out of the bag, the magic trick is exposed, the curtain pulled from the wizard. 

• Like 7

The owner of another site just asked me to not come on his site! I love it!
I had the GALL to say that a site that doesn’t take money from OEMs is more likely to be honest. He didn’t like that!
Goooooood stuff!

Not sure it’s the same site but the owner of another forum once posted a private conversation between myself and another forum member in the public forum!

Hard for me to image it’s a different site dedicated to us “hackers!”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Did y’all see this? Pretty big! I’m glad to see that a big company is at least taking this seriously.

IMG_4115.PNG.e5f311378ef413b188e6235f5b56b94e.PNG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

Did y’all see this? Pretty big! I’m glad to see that a big company is at least taking this seriously.

IMG_4115.PNG.e5f311378ef413b188e6235f5b56b94e.PNG

Yeah. That was good.  And while I give them credit for not trying to duck the issue.  As someone asked me earlier today.   Where is the study Callaway said they were going to do, to prove MGS's claims about balls that were off center or had quality issues.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I just for the most part dropped it as anyone who has spent time there knows, he's never wrong and everyone else is a liar. 

I'm fairly certain I know who you are referring to and that is exactly my impression as well.  I suspect he suffers from NPD.  I was just researching some golf equipment info when I ran across a link to MGS... never to log into that golf forum again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm fairly certain I know who you are referring to and that is exactly my impression as well.  I suspect he suffers from NPD.  I was just researching some golf equipment info when I ran across a link to MGS... never to log into that golf forum again.

Don't say never.  He can make it look otherwise 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, Tsecor said:

can you post pics so we can see the testing?

Post pictures? It was a simply Epsom salt water float test, what kind of pictures do you need to see? DO you not believe my conclusions?

On 7/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, Monaco said:

Hi,

do you have a link, what to do in the test?

i will do it with the mtbx! 

% out of my 6 dozen Srixon Z Stars I would consider perfect after doing the float test.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, CarlH said:

And, what do you do with your imperfect balls?  

I put then in my Check go pro and put a line on them and I'll use them on rainy days.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, WalterS said:

Post pictures? It was a simply Epsom salt water float test, what kind of pictures do you need to see? DO you not believe my conclusions?

Its not that deep walter.  Was just curious. Thought it would be cool to see and everyone could learn from it. 

Edited by Tsecor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Its not that deep walter.  Was just curious. Thought it would be cool to see and everyone could learn from it. 

Search YouTube plenty of videos already 

Not sure it’s the same site but the owner of another forum once posted a private conversation between myself and another forum member in the public forum!

Hard for me to image it’s a different site dedicated to us “hackers!”

Yep, same one!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

To each their own as they say, but if I ever get to the point I'm floating golf balls in a salt bath, my wife will most surely take my clubs away 🙃.  

How come the balls get a bath and I don't???

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

Yep, same one!!!

DirecTV had just launched their streaming service and were advertising on THP.  Myself and another forum member had "cut the cord" several years prior and were PM'ing tips and tricks we had learned along the way.  At that time, DTV Now wasn't offering anything we couldn't stream somewhere free.  Probably still aren't.

JB took bits and pieces of dozens of PM's between myself and the other member and painted them in the public forum in such a way that made it look like we were doing something illegal.  Which we most certainly were not!  When we called him out on it in the public forum, he painted himself into a corner, wasn't able to get out and it was obvious to everyone he was lying.  I was getting hundreds of PM's from various forum members.  At that point, he deleted the forum content pertaining to this topic and banned myself and the other forum member.

I haven't been back to see if I'm still banned and honestly don't care.  Garbage site with a garbage owner!

• Like 6

DirecTV had just launched their streaming service and were advertising on THP.  Myself and another forum member had "cut the cord" several years prior and were PM'ing tips and tricks we had learned along the way.  At that time, DTV Now wasn't offering anything we couldn't stream somewhere free.  Probably still aren't.
JB took bits and pieces of dozens of PM's between myself and the other member and painted them in the public forum in such a way that made it look like we were doing something illegal.  Which we most certainly were not!  When we called him out on it in the public forum, he painted himself into a corner, wasn't able to get out and it was obvious to everyone he was lying.  I was getting hundreds of PM's from various forum members.  At that point, he deleted the forum content pertaining to this topic and banned myself and the other forum member.
I haven't been back to see if I'm still banned and honestly don't care.  Garbage site with a garbage owner!

Wowwwwww! What a prick!

• Like 3

Absolutely fascinating read posted on Facebook by MyGolfSpy:

• Like 8

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, cnosil said:

They cut open a dozen Chromesofts and a dozen Chromesoft X's.   The ball in the picture was the worst of the bunch with many of the others noticeably off.   The X's were interesting as well; there seemed to be a lighter blue "core" inside the blue core of varying sizes.    saw the price tag on the boxes and it is from a local store I frequent.   I know one of the posters on social media is claiming they are counterfeit or altered balls,  but I can assure you these were authentic balls. 

After the last post by MSG I cut open my chromesoft, ERC and Chromesoft X and found no problems with balls at all. I posted on the site my findings and noticed it was taken down. ???? I went out cut some additional balls and found no problems. I would hope they would also post the inperfections of other brands and not just call out Callaway. Also do some more cuts on Callaway balls and see what results they get. I am totally confused. I also did like you and spun my chromesoft and found they balanced really well.

33 minutes ago, jp410 said:

After the last post by MSG I cut open my chromesoft, ERC and Chromesoft X and found no problems with balls at all. I posted on the site my findings and noticed it was taken down. ???? I went out cut some additional balls and found no problems. I would hope they would also post the inperfections of other brands and not just call out Callaway. Also do some more cuts on Callaway balls and see what results they get. I am totally confused. I also did like you and spun my chromesoft and found they balanced really well.

Where were your findings posted?

They explained in this week's NPG podcast that Callaway is not the only one at fault, however they did state that Callaway appears to be the worst offender.

If you have findings, share them here. Just be sure to include pictures as we spies tend to be a #datacratic society and don't always go on word of mouth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jp410 said:

Can't answer why they would have deleted your post as I am not associated with MGS.  I can only repeat what is being said on the podcasts,  they are looking to crowdsource the cutting of balls so they can get a larger sample.  Don't cut balls you buy,  cut those that you find and post the results.  They are looking for the pictures to be done in a specific way and are looking at non callaway balls as well.  

• Like 3