txgolfjunkie

MGS Golf Ball Test

Golf Ball Test Results...Pre-Reveal  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which brand do you think performs the best in MGS Golf Ball Test to be revealed Monday? (I have no idea what balls are being tested but this is my best bet)

• Bridgestone (e6, e12, Tour B X, Tour B XS, Tour B RX)
    • Callaway (Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, ERC Soft)
    • Cut (Red, Green, Blue, Black, Brown, Mauve, Burgundy, Candy Apple, Cyan, Golden Rod)
    • Maxfli (Tour, Tour x)
    • Mizuno (RB Tour, RB Tour X)
    • Snell (MTB Red, MTB Black, MTB X)
    • Srixon (Q Star, Z Star, Z Star XV, LGBTQ Star)
    • TaylorMade (TP5, TP5x, Project (a), Project (s))
    • Titleist (Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, DT TruSoft)
    • Vice (Drive, Pro, Pro Plus, Pro Soft)
    • Volvik (I don't even know if they're in the test)
    • Wilson (DUO Soft, DUO U, FG Tour)
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 10:00 PM

I'm fairly committed to the MTB Black, but I'm very interested to see which ball is Most Wanted along with all the data behind the testing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

I'm fairly committed to the MTB Black, but I'm very interested to see which ball is Most Wanted along with all the data behind the testing. 

Man, I keep hearing everything about the Snell Black and how great they are. I cannot wait for my tee time in the morning to finally get to try them out.

• Like 3

I've not even sniffed these balls, maybe I should. MGS will point me to the holy grail of balls for me 😃

• Like 1

I don’t want to say I can’t wait for the results, but these results seem like they will be eye opening for a lot of people, including some management folks at some of these ball companies. All of the major ball companies seem to claim “something” about their specific golf ball. If this test shows some negative results for one or more of the companies, it could affect the bottom line. What happens when all of a sudden the Over the counter ProV1 does not perform consistently? I’m not saying that is what will happen, but that is a very well used golf ball by millions of golfers, what happens if all of them find out the ball is being outperformed by the K-sig in all categories. I used the ProV as an example You could easily insert any of the Major OEM Golf balls.  We all think that  because they are the Major OEM’s they have access to better facilities for quality management, but, do they really? The results will be interesting. 

• Like 5

I was just at a demo days chatting with the Bridgestone rep, who was well award of this pending report and anxiously awaiting to hear the results.  

• Like 3

I was just at a demo days chatting with the Bridgestone rep, who was well award of this pending report and anxiously awaiting to hear the results.  

I'll bet the QC and marketing guys at all the OEM's are anxiously awaiting results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll bet the QC and marketing guys at all the OEM's are anxiously awaiting results.

I think some of the QC guys are anxiously “evacuating” Top Flites right now. 

• Like 1

Hopefully MGS headquarters has enough bandwidth otherwise the servers are going to crash when the report comes out! 

• Like 1

Hopefully MGS headquarters has enough bandwidth otherwise the servers are going to crash when the report comes out! 

I’m guessing that’s what the site upgrades were yesterday.

The world is about to go insane.
  • Like 2

I think I am more excited to read the comments......why didn't you test X;  I play this ball and it is the best ever, your test is wrong;  why didn't you test the ball at Y swing speed,  I am sure that the weather impacted the performance of the ball on the GC Quad;  etc.....

Now that they used a robot everyone will complain they used a robot.

You just can’t win!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You just can’t win!

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun reading the comments.

And, I’ll end up having to do real work tomorrow and have to wait to get home to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Please tell me it's VICE. I just bought a mix of 35 dozen Vice Pro and Pro+ 

1 minute ago, Kanoito said:

Please tell me it's VICE. I just bought a mix of 35 dozen Vice Pro and Pro+ 

😱

23 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Oh boy - somethings going to hit the fan tomorrow 

Yup. I'm assuming there will be criticisms of the methodology, analysis, etc. All the hallmarks of an important study. 

I can already envivion people saying things like "if you had used x or y club instead of z, the results would be different." 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

You just can’t win!

... While I enjoy reading results of actual golfers in any test, having a small number of players at different swing speeds do not tell me much or anything really about how X-Product relates to me. 100mph driver swing speed from someone with a short hard hitting motion can be quite different than someone with a long smooth swinging motion. Maybe completely different AOA's, different ball flight, different spin as well as different shot shapes. And of course personal preference. As we all know looking down at a club that does not suit your eye can cause a less than ideal swing, just like a club that is beautiful at address can inspire confidence and a better swing. 

... A robot does none of the above so I am looking forward to the MGS final unbiased and purely analytical test results. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Yup. I'm assuming there will be criticisms of the methodology, analysis, etc. All the hallmarks of an important study. 

I can already envivion people saying things like "if you had used x or y club instead of z, the results would be different." 

177 comments and counting on the same Instagram post. 

All the dissenters would be wise to remember these words by Daniel Patrick Moynihan...

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1