Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Recoil 95 F4 shafts

As I get older, my swing speed gets slower as you would expect.  Sometime ago I dropped down to 95 gm. steel shafts.  Then I went to 95 gm graphite shafts in the form of the Recoil 95 F4.  These seemed stiffer than the steel.  So I put them on my frequency analyzer and sure enough.  Does anyone have experience with the recoil 95 F4?  And would I be better off with maybe the Recoil 780 F4?

• 2 weeks later...

The 95 is a proto shaft that is a stiffer profile  for an aggressive golfer.

The 780 is a much softer profile. it may be stiff but the profile is very good.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

16 hours ago, McGolf said:

The 95 is a proto shaft that is a stiffer profile  for an aggressive golfer.

The 780 is a much softer profile. it may be stiff but the profile is very good.

... There are 2 versions of the Recoil 95. One is the non prototype and more popular not only in use but also availability. I do not find the 95 F4's stiffer than steel shafts of comparable profiles, in fact I find them very "friendly" and easy to load with great feel. I also have a set of 95 Prototypes in F3 and with their stiffer tip I find them very similar to the standard 95 F4's even though they are a flex softer. These shafts are excellent at dispersion and trajectory control. Of course you are correct that the 780's are a softer profile and help generate more speed and a higher trajectory. 

... In general I would say the 95's are a great steel replacement shaft if you are looking for similar performance with dampening for your joints. The 780's are a good option if you are looking for a different performance than steel, lighter for more club head speed and more torque for better feel as well as a higher trajectory. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... There are 2 versions of the Recoil 95. One is the non prototype and more popular not only in use but also availability. I do not find the 95 F4's stiffer than steel shafts of comparable profiles, in fact I find them very "friendly" and easy to load with great feel. I also have a set of 95 Prototypes in F3 and with their stiffer tip I find them very similar to the standard 95 F4's even though they are a flex softer. These shafts are excellent at dispersion and trajectory control. Of course you are correct that the 780's are a softer profile and help generate more speed and a higher trajectory. 

... In general I would say the 95's are a great steel replacement shaft if you are looking for similar performance with dampening for your joints. The 780's are a good option if you are looking for a different performance than steel, lighter for more club head speed and more torque for better feel as well as a higher trajectory. 

He nailed it. The non proto play pretty standard to flex and steel counter parts. I have the 110s and they are similar to steel.

The prototype play stiffer and have a profile setup that allows for them to be swapped for steel without impacting swingweight. Most tend to go a flex softer in the proto or soft step them

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Archived