TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Hardest Hole on Your Course

I have to say 15 at Jumeirah Golf Estates Earth  Course. It's an uphill 368 yard Par 4. There are bunkers everywhere and in order to be successful, you have to launch the ball to a landing area that is NOT a bunker. Not a lot of room for error as the landing areas are narrow. It may not be the hardest for everyone, but it has humbled me plenty of times!

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.42.23 AM.png

So when I subjectively think of my home course West Lothian I say 16th , 427 yard par 4 up hill and normally into the prevailing wind. I'm normally hitting 3w or 3h as my 2nd shot and find it a tough par. But then I looked at my Arccos stats and I play the 13th a lot worse. who'd had thought.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alf. S

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• 5 months later...

Hardest hole I regularly play is at Bluff Creek Golf course in Chaska, MN. I hate this hole. It is a 350 yard par 4 that is down a hill with trees on both sides. If you hit it too far your next shot is a severe downhill lie across a ditch with trees on all sides. If you hit it short your next shot is a 180 yard shot you have to hit dead straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18th hole at Kinderlou Forest Golf Club in Valdosta, GA. It is a dogleg left 386 yard par 4 finishing hole that has ruined many of my rounds. I’ve tracked 26 rounds since joining Kinderlou and I average 4.8 strokes on this hole and have never birdied it. And depending on the wind I’ve had anything from a 9 iron to a 3 wood into this green on the approach shot. The tee shot can be played anywhere you want as the fairway has a very generous landing area, but the further right you end up the longer your approach is into this hard to hit green. There are two fairway bunkers on the left that are strategically placed to capture any tee shot that does not carry at least 220 yards (uphill) which I have been in on multiple occassions. And if you end up in the fairway bunker you will not reach this green in regulation.

The hardest part of this hole is the approach shot. Typically it plays uphill and into the wind, which always has you guessing at club selection. If you miss the green right you are short sided in a deep bunker that pretty mich guarantees you a bogey or worse. So most players will miss left, which is no picnic as there is a deep collection area that your ball ends up in that demands a challenging chip back on to this green which has a false front that will send weak chip shots right back to where you started from. I’ve never birdied it in 26 tries and I consider it a victory to walk off of this hole with a finishing par. In our weekly dogfight this hole is rarely birdied; but if it is birdied you are guaranteed a skin as you will be the only one birdieing it that day.
IMG_3007.JPGIMG_3004.JPGIMG_3005.JPG

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 hours ago, sweethebs said:

Hardest hole I regularly play is at Bluff Creek Golf course in Chaska, MN. I hate this hole. It is a 350 yard par 4 that is down a hill with trees on both sides. If you hit it too far your next shot is a severe downhill lie across a ditch with trees on all sides. If you hit it short your next shot is a 180 yard shot you have to hit dead straight

I’ve only ever played there once a few years ago, but I still remember that hole. It took two absolutely perfect shots, which I did not execute, to have a GIR. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

There is one hole that lives rent free in my head and it is the 14th at Locust Hill in Rochester, NY.

392 yards with a ravine that guards a wide green with a false front. Into the wind it’s usually a 3 wood that leaves a 7 or 8 iron approach. If you hit your tee shot left it can chase into the ravine. If you hit it right you’re blocked by trees. The green is deceptively difficult with a very profound pitch from back to front.

Id love to bury this hole in the graveyard of bad golf holes.

IMG_2079.PNG

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The hardest hole on our course is better defined by the one that the guys complain about the most. It's a par 4, 405 yd. (from the whites) uphill fairway and elevated green that is our #3 handicap hole. Most often the green's crew sticks the pin in the upper right. Most try to aim their drives just to the left of the first set of bunkers, the more conservative players will just layup with a fairway wood to in front of bunkers. More often then not I walk off with a bogie - this hole is definitely playing with my head. 

number8.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The hardest hole at our course has a fun story the old pro likes to tell so I'll do my best here. It's the 18th at Belvedere in Sherwood Park, AB, Canada (Where Chuba Hubbard is from for those college football fans).
Anyway, the pro organized Moe Norman to come by and give the members some lessons for a weekend. Before the lessons start, he and Moe go out and play a quick 18, and our course is nice and is in good shape, but is not a jaw-dropper by any means.
So they're playing and Moe is getting all the GIRs but can't putt to save his life but is fairly unimpressed with our course. Then he comes to the 18th: an elevated green, long long par four with a slight dog leg left and a postage stamp green surrounded by bunkers. Moe takes one look and says, "Whoa! What's this hole doing on this course?"
The pro always likes to add in that he beat Moe by 3 strokes, but his second job is a realtor so who really know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

18th hole at Kinderlou Forest Golf Club in Valdosta, GA. It is a dogleg left 386 yard par 4 finishing hole that has ruined many of my rounds. I’ve tracked 26 rounds since joining Kinderlou and I average 4.8 strokes on this hole and have never birdied it. And depending on the wind I’ve had anything from a 9 iron to a 3 wood into this green on the approach shot. The tee shot can be played anywhere you want as the fairway has a very generous landing area, but the further right you end up the longer your approach is into this hard to hit green. There are two fairway bunkers on the left that are strategically placed to capture any tee shot that does not carry at least 220 yards (uphill) which I have been in on multiple occassions. And if you end up in the fairway bunker you will not reach this green in regulation.

The hardest part of this hole is the approach shot. Typically it plays uphill and into the wind, which always has you guessing at club selection. If you miss the green right you are short sided in a deep bunker that pretty mich guarantees you a bogey or worse. So most players will miss left, which is no picnic as there is a deep collection area that your ball ends up in that demands a challenging chip back on to this green which has a false front that will send weak chip shots right back to where you started from. I’ve never birdied it in 26 tries and I consider it a victory to walk off of this hole with a finishing par. In our weekly dogfight this hole is rarely birdied; but if it is birdied you are guaranteed a skin as you will be the only one birdieing it that day.
IMG_3007.JPG.e5d3d6a94bee6875ceac657aa8153829.JPGIMG_3004.JPG.7a907e7bbb09fdd89f3456d57a2e853d.JPGIMG_3005.JPG.1d085028e35aece6c2febf3b861f2257.JPG

I doubled this SOB today.
IMG_3010.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

540 yards, double dogleg, 120 feet up hill from back tee to center of green. The green itself is very small, elevated, severe slopes short, left and right. Par is always a grest score here regardless of which tee you play.

IMG_2256.jpg

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

• 3 months later...

The hardest, most dreadful hole on my home course is the 7th at The Sound Golf links at Albemarle Plantation. It is a 390 yard par 4. On your tee shot, you hit over 123 yards of swampy marsh to a coke bottle landing zone fairway. On your tee shot if you plan to hit a 200 yards shot or more, it bottle necks to approx. 30 yds all the way to 15-20 yards wide from tree line to tree line. If you’d miss to the left on this shot, there is a hill that throws your ball straight into the woods. The left, it potentially rolls into the marsh. If you play it safe and hit a shorter tee shot of less than 200 yds, you hit to a fairway about 45 yards wide and you’ll be left with a minimum of a 150 yard approach shot. 150 yards?! That doesn’t sound too bad, right? Wrong!!!  You’re hitting over another 60 yard deep marsh to a green that is practically an island protected by bunkers, marsh, and woods. Once you do make it to the green, hopefully still feeling good about your golf game, the green has a decent slope from back to front giving you a pretty tough downhill putt if you landed the ball a little long on approach. 

This hole, if not played just right, can ruin your day. It has been a huge pain in my 🐐.
I hate it and I KNOW it hates me.  If you’re ever in Elizabeth City/Hertford, NC, come and check it out for yourself. 

DF9D5641-80F1-4874-97C3-D4EC38DACF37.thumb.png.c1d3e4ab4ffc5c1239e25ef108cfa083.png0F3E131E-9052-422D-80BA-3BB0BEC2D848.thumb.png.2cf687f7f6486002fd56b0dce2288a9e.png10E093C8-2E0A-40BF-906B-7A7C4C24290C.thumb.png.a0ce695d55c4ff3d2b89c21b604bde12.png3A03D1E0-7A20-4CAF-9635-9BA5AF496F42.thumb.png.a31868ad2b450c6f4bc1bd823acf8353.png

Edited by MALyons31

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

Hole 12 at Muroc Lake Golf Course. 222 yards from the tips, uphill par 3. Back to front sloping 2 tier green with a false front that runs 30 yard back into the fairway. Predominant wind is 15-20mph quartering in from the right. 

746C9C56-A054-40C6-B76D-EC157700D140.jpeg

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

This hole #16 on my nearest course. I play it often as it is just 5 minutes from home. It is a dog leg right and downhill. Houses and condos to the left and straight which plays into my first shot as I hit the ball right to left. I find it difficult to fade the ball and play every shot as a draw. From the back tees you need to hit around 250 to clear the corner and then 160 to the center. The green slopes from right to left, too. I typically hit a 5i out over the right side and hope it comes back around. The downhill usually gives enough roll out to clear the corner. Then it is usually a 9i or PW to the green and again, still take it over the right side trees. Hard to hold the green but I have birdied. Tough par 4 and becomes a par 5 if you do not clear the corner.

SO16.JPG

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

The hardest hole for me at our club is actually the #1 handicap hole, so that makes me feel at least a little better about it. 

It's not one of those holes that's a tough par but an easy bogie.

It's a potential nuclear hole every time, even playing driving iron off the tee.  That keeps you out of the trees, but won't find you a flat lie for the second shot.

Further, the greenkeeper manages to find the worst possible pin placements there.  I've never seen another green with so many potentially brutal pin placement options.

Even making a four there won't give you a rush because you had to grind so much to make it.  You're happier to be moving on to the next hole than you are for making your par.

It's the hardest sub-400 yard par four that I've ever played, and since it's on my own club's course, I play it all the time.

But this season, I'll actually be glad to play it because so far, I haven't played at all.

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/6iU7-0UKeGQ

The link above will bring you a fly-over of the 16th hole at Kemper Lakes Golf Club.

The 16th hole is a beast. Full stop. Measuring 470 from the tips, bunkers left, water all down the right and short of the green, bunkers long, and a small green with severe slopes, it's everything you can handle in a golf hole. Oh, and it plays slightly uphill. 

If you play the tips, you tee off on a small peninsula of tee on the water. It's probably about 175-200 to reach the fairway, which I will say looks quite narrow from back there. If you don't hit the fairway, it is now a three shot hole. If you happen to stripe one out there, most players playing the tips will have about 180-220 left. The second shot is just as intimidating as the tee shot if you're familiar with the hole. Why? Not because the green is protected by water short and right, but because if you miss long, you have a flop shot out of gnarly rough or a down-sloping shot out of a bunker onto a green sloping away from you. If you manage to hit the green, great, I hope your below the pin.

Now I'm ready for the golf season. 

Cobra King F9 - Fuji Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade M3 - 15*: Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X

Cobra F9 Speedback: Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 6X

TM P760's 4-PW - Modus 120X

50* Vokey X100

53* and 58* Vokey SM8 X100

L.A.B. Putters 2.1 Directed Force

This is a bittersweet story as my home course, Roddy Ranch in Antioch CA, has since closed down but the 16th hole was a doozy. A modest 420 yard par 4 that plays up hill and always into, at least, a 10 mph headwind. Relatively wide fairway but right was death. Second shot left you 170 yard up hill green surrounded by bunkers front, right and long with losing it right left you into a downhill fescue. Never made better than par. 

A really beautiful course in it's heyday that was fair with tabletop greens, greens all broke towards the Valley. Played some of my best golf there and I could get out for $19 twilight during the summer time. What a great time to be a teenager. 

Hole 15 at Lakeridge in Reno Nevada. 220 yards from the tips, about 150 feet down to an island green. This hole takes more club than you would think. It took a few rounds of me hitting 6 irons that looked great until they splashed down 20 yards short to realize that for me, this is a 5 iron all day. The best shot here is one that looks like it's going long. The green is huge and flat and offers a great opportunity for birdie if you can get it close!

19.jpg

Edited by Tahoeshowtime

Driver - Mizuno JPX EZ
3/5 Wood - Mizuno JPX EZ
Irons - Cobra Forged One Length
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54, 58)
Putter - Ping Vault Arna

Bartram Trail #18 - tee box sits about 20' below landing area, and if you carry more than about 240-250 with a draw, you'll catch the crest and run risk of running down the slope toward the end of the first segment of fairway which falls away sharply to the second segment about 35' down. If you run it out a bit and manage to hold the fairway then you'll have a pretty serious downhill lie which makes the approach a bit tricky to navigate. Leaves a fairly sturdy approach to a severely sloping green L-->R; hope the pin is front right otherwise the chance of holding the back shelf is pretty slim.

Par here is always a win, if I only drop a shot here I still consider it a win.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 2.33.49 PM.png

910 D3, M3 3w, PXG 0211 4"h", Adams CMB 5-G, Vokey 6 52/56, PXG Dagger

14 minutes ago, Tahoeshowtime said:

Hole 15 at Lakeridge in Reno Nevada. 220 yards from the tips, about 150 feet down to an island green. This hole takes more club than you would think. It took a few rounds of me hitting 6 irons that looked great until they splashed down 20 yards short to realize that for me, this is a 5 iron all day. The best shot here is one that looks like it's going long. The green is huge and flat and offers a great opportunity for birdie if you can get it close!

Tell you what, I am putting that on the list for later this summer after I move out west.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, RRD said:

MacGregor Downs 18th hole.   Even the bail out area is tough.

Wow, gotta commit!

Planterra number 18 is the toughest hole in Peachtree City.  421 from the blues.  most of the time the wind is helping which gives a false sense of "i got this'.  you have to carry water twice on the tee shot and the approach and water is in play for every shot.  the green runs diagonally up from left to right.  the tee box lures you into aiming down the right and if you DO happen to remember that and aim left it just feels like you're going to be too far left. for the approach it basically feels like an island green.  the wind WILL be blowing so you have to commit to your shot.  this being the last hole you have to clear out all the previous drama of the 17 holes before this one.  it will challenge you and par will most likely earn you the skin in your group and a lot of times even bogey will.  

Planterra18th.jpg

• 9 months later...

The 13th hole Lakeside golf course in Fort Wayne, IN was the hardest hole on my home course. The course is now closed. It was a 420 yard dogleg left. There was OB all the way down the right. To top it off, there was a road. If your ball was going OB and hit that road, it wasn't coming back. Down the entire left side there was a creek with very mature trees along the banks. A giant black walnut guarded the corner on the left side. For a kid that couldn't hit a draw, this was a nightmare. If you could manage to get the ball in the fairway, you had to be on the right side and far enough down to get around that tree. If that wasn't already enough, the green had big back to front slope. If the pin was up front, it was manageable. When they would move the pin up the slope you had to be below the pin. I remember more than a few times being close to even par on my round and then I would card a double or triple on #13 and just kill my round.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.21.14 PM.png

:ping-small: G400 10.5° driver

:ping-small: K15 16° fairway

:ping-small: G425 7W

:ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

PXG GEN3 6-PW irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 50° and 54° SS wedges

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 56° and 60° Eye2 wedges

:odyssey-small: Works Tank #7 putter

:srixon-small: Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

One here is the 525 yd par 5 17th hole. Nothing really special, slight dogleg right. Fairly wide open enough. The challenges are that it's uphill (60-70 feet constant/gradual elevation change from tee to green), and the bend is 370 yds away, leaving about 150ish to the pin on a left to right sloping green (if the pin is on the front right it's more accessible).

What makes it difficult is the time of day you play it.  It's a much easier hole in the morning than in the afternoon, because the prevailing winds off the ocean are in your face when the afternoon "breeze" kicks in, which with the elevation change and wind, can make it just brutal to make a GIR. Pars in the afternoon are few and far between. 

Mixed bag... Mizzy irons, Callaway Woods, Vokey Wedges, Odyssey putter

• 1 month later...

Not so much the hardest single hole. That would be number 2. Dogleg left, OB right and at 275, 235 to reach the turn and a 160 yards to the center of a long narrow green. Lots of bogies there, but plenty of time to recover. The ending holes of each 9 require some precision. Matches and bets can flip very quickly here.

Number 8.
IMG_1397.JPG
It requires a pretty good poke, too far left you are blocked by trees, too far right or short and you are hitting 3 from 200+. Wind is typically pretty strong off the left.

Number 9.
IMG_1398.JPG
Shortest par 3 on the course. Very much like 17 at TPC Sawgrass, if they played it with a 20-30 mph wind. Depending on the wind direction this hole can play many different ways.

Number 17.
IMG_1399.JPG
192 yard par 3 water short and right. Nuff said.

Number 18.
IMG_1400.JPG
Very intimidating tee shot but wind is typically behind you. Second shot requires as much commitment as the tee shot.

The course designer said he wanted to make the ending holes exciting and I believe he did.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• 2 years later...

Well, I have been at my course for 4 months now and I can safely say that the hardest hole (for me) is the 440 yd (I play it at 415 yds) #4. And guess what, I think it is a VERY cool/subtle design. Here is how the hole looks from the aerial view...

image.png.0fd384a9c397141a78cea515a6e0e0b8.png

Doesn't look too bad does it? Well, let me tell/show you a few things. 

image.png.28352d710b01e4967b60271fc59457dd.png

The shaded in yellow section on the right is now all native grass that is about 2 feet high. If a ball goes in there it is not coming out. Waaay left is out of bounds so if you try to sling it too hard you could be OB. The tree circled on the left is 80 ft high. And you are not likely going over it very easily. If you do happen to hit a beautiful draw (for a righty) around the dogleg you have a good chance of landing in that fairway bunker. Also, that gigantic tree I mentioned hangs out into the fairway so if the pin is on the left, you better be waaaaay right (but not so far right you are in the native grass). Here is a view from the left side of the fairway of that huge tree. 

image.png.5a8439abf13195d51074a7e0403bc685.png

All that said, I love this hole. It just really is a "risk/reward" hole without any obvious hazards from the tee. There is no water or marked O.B. but the native grass will kill you or you could be blocked out. I talked about this on another thread but the course designer ALSO gives you a break if you just take your medicine. If you lay back (don't hit driver like the idiot I have been) then you have a large, relatively risk-free area to land the ball in. You will have a lengthy shot into the hole but at least you HAVE A SHOT. Check out this landing area for the safe players...

image.png.4b1fc74b25db57114077873ced827d4b.png

If you land it in the safe zone, you have 72 yds of lateral space. Also, you are far enough back that the huge tree won't block you. It is fairly clever design. Now I just need to be equally clever and follow what the architect laid out for me here. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

This one is a no brainer for me and probably anyone that plays my home course.  The 15th is a par 5 and you are hitting downhill.  Sounds great right....  wrong.  Your landing area is now heading back up the hill and the rest of the fairway also slopes to the right.  If you can get a good bounce or the wind is behind you and can get to the top of the landing area it is possible to get to the green in 2, but everything must line up just right or its a 3 shot par 5.  

lv15.1.png.077723744b4a4ca3ef898373f11e4c97.png

The photo below is at the white tee box and the blue and gold are further up the hill.  Most will land just shy of the flat area on the first section of hill and depending on the conditions will roll back down or head right and down.  There is a somewhat level spot at about the 150yd mark but if you are not to the left of the marker, good luck.  It will roll right and down the hill and I have seen shots end up worse than the original tee shot.  For your 3rd shot, you better hit the green or at least get to the very top.  I have personally hit a little fat and landed just short of the flat area and watched it roll 80 yards down the hill.   

lv15.jpeg.a1da800309e2565d0c0e7a6280ee5120.jpeg

It is an absolute brutal hole if you hit a single bad shot.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Here in Key West, this is an easy question to answer:  our hole number six!  

KWGC6th.jpg.e069992de6749887173876a1018f3f9b.jpg

It plays about 400 yards from the white tees.  Your drive is complicated with OB close to the fairway on the left and water most of the way on the right.  What make it tough is the narrow chute between the trees and mangroves at about 250 yards.  If you pull the ball it runs through the fairway into the mangroves.  If you push it a little and lucky enough not to go into the water, you're blocked from seeing or realistically reaching the green.  If you lay up, you still have 200 + yards through the chute to a green that has a steep false front and slants dramatically from back to front.   The trap in the back is especially difficult and I've seen too many people have their balls run completely off the green even with a good sand shot.   Just yesterday, a good golfer in my group putted the ball off the green.  He had a 15 foot putt that ran past the hole and 10 yards off the green.  

I normally play this almost like a par 5 knowing that a bogey is more likely than a par.  This hole can yield some big numbers!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 5 months later...

This is my least favorite hole at Tomahawk Hills, Hole 17, Par 4, 391 yds.

From an elevated tee box choked in by overgrown trees, you have limited shots. If you get the right angle without hitting trees on the right, you could do a 200yd shot, but anymore and you're likely going into the adjacent fairway. Even if you get that shot right you're left with ~190yds to get on in two. To a green that anything off the back is going downhill and gone.

In my opinion this hole is a liability to golfers playing on hole 13 (above). Most golfers I've played with on this hole see par 4, and just pull driver. Feel like the course needs to put up some signage cause if you just hit a straight shot off the tee box you only need 170-180 yds to end up in hole 13 fairway. Secondly, this hole just isn't any fun haha.
image.png.cd2258e3c92b9fb1c8cedaacf8ab7b02.png

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

4 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

This is my least favorite hole at Tomahawk Hills, Hole 17, Par 4, 391 yds.

From an elevated tee box choked in by overgrown trees, you have limited shots. If you get the right angle without hitting trees on the right, you could do a 200yd shot, but anymore and you're likely going into the adjacent fairway. Even if you get that shot right you're left with ~190yds to get on in two. 

In my opinion this hole is a liability to golfers playing on hole 13 (above). Most golfers I've played with on this hole see par 4, and just pull driver. Feel like the course needs to put up some signage cause if you just hit a straight shot off the tee box you only need 170-180 yds to end up in hole 13 fairway. Secondly, this hole just isn't any fun haha.
image.png.cd2258e3c92b9fb1c8cedaacf8ab7b02.png

I think the fade on the Qi10 would match perfectly here though 😂 but no honestly it sounds like a life insurance policy is needed to play the 14th. 

Mine would be the 12th hole at Heartwell GC, thus far at least. It has an elevated tee box for no reason and it's 85 yards to the pin which everybody goes over because of the two bunkers right in front and the little stretch of grass that leads to the green between those bunkers is about the width of you're P-Wedge. Seriously this hole is just a nuisance for no reason.

Screenshot_2024-03-25-08-24-15-78_5c8c1a6baf1c57c4cdec4a159d73c81e.jpg.dbf8327a6ce97bdedff5a8334368bf6e.jpg