deejaid

New Hogan PTx Pro

Well, I wish Barbajo would have spilled the beans, but I woke up this morning to find an email from the Ben Hogan Golf Co. in my inbox touting these

https://benhogangolf.com/products/ptx-pro-irons

The update to the Ben Hogan PTx irons, the PTX Pro. Slightly larger, slightly more offset compared to the original PTx and easily a much more modern look. A beautiful forged design.

I can’t wait to find out more about these. As a Hoganista that’s played everything from 1954 Precision’s to 2015 Ft. Worth’s, if these perform as good as they look, Hogan has a winner on their hands.

DA14C8F9-1131-42F8-81E2-23BA34FAA90E-28291-00001D0ADF6E197C.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My jaw dropped when I opened my email this morning. I hope they’ll adopt a similar shape and design for the next generation of Fort Worth’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I don’t get these.

A “ Pro” model with a bigger footprint and more offset?

• Like 9

And with the old irons, goes the lefty option into the history books.  Well, at least I can enjoy looking at those in other's bags.

They look really nice.

Four degrees too strong, of course, but nice.

Maybe it's a good thing that I'm off the course now in my dotage.

I'd have to open my own factory to get clubs that I liked!

• Like 1

I would love to see some views compared to the old PTx. So the face got bigger, (I can understand that) but the sole got wider and offset went up (sounds a bit strange)?  Did the topline slim down some?

I was considering doing some work to optimize the shafts in my PTxs. If I can get those shafts with these slick looking heads...

• Like 1

I think these look great - aesthetically very pleasing.  

I loved my FTXs and while these are a little bigger they look much better than the original PTX and they were good looking stocks.  Great Job Hogan

Very interested in the new combo set they are touting as well!!!!

They talk about increasing offset, but the specs say they have the same offset as the last models.
I saw a pic on Facebook of the three current irons and the old PTx together. The top lines don't look too different in thickness, but these are definitely more square which gives them the appearance of being thicker. Chisag picked up on this in the blog pictures and wondered why they wouldn't round that to give the illusion of thinness. I would have to agree.

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Posted (edited)

These look absolutely fantastic!  I've had Apex PC, Edge Pro, Redlines, etc.  These are probably "commission burners"!  

EDIT to add:  Just ordered the demos with Recoil Stiff!  And just got an Email saying they're shipping today!   Woohoo! 

Edited by gbtrsc
  • Like 1

Really love the lines of these. And I think they fit a certain place in the market as a forgiving players iron.

• Like 1

Love the look of these. Well done BH.

Been playing the original PTx release since they came out a few years ago. I’ve played well with them and not so well with them at times too but it was always a case of “indian not arrow” flaw. If they perform like the original release then they’ll be a winner. Not 100% sold on some of the aesthetic changes but those could grow on me just like other equipment has many times over. Just good to see Hogan turning out new gear.

My first range session with the demos were quite promising.  The V-soles do their jobs by keeping divots shallower, ball striking a bit more crisp.  Once I got used to the lighter shaft (my demos have the Recoil F4 shaft) these started producing VERY consistent ball flight, in terms of distance, trajectory and direction.   These will take more range time before I place the order but early signs point to some new Hogans coming to my bag!