TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson fast fit shaft adapters

Hello everybody. I have a question. I game the Wilson Trident and purchased a project X HZRDUS smoke shaft aftermarket to replace what I currently own. I am replacing the aldila phenom which is just too stiff for my swing feel. And it’s an X and the PXSmoke is a stiff.

so I purchased an adapter online, it says it fits the Trident/c300/d300. It looks like it fits just fine. It clicks snugly into place in the head BUT there is now “draw” settings. The Triton adapter has +1 -1 and DRW +1 -1 and STD. So my question would be. Are the adapters truly interchangeable? And since i no longer have “draw” settings would my driver now be adjustable by .5 loft increments? Im just confused and was needing some answers before I sink some epoxy into this thing and set a shaft. Don’t want to do that before I’m 100% sure.

i messages Wilson and they said their adapters are universal but I’m still looking for a second opinion. Attached are some photos of the two side by side 

1EF257D6-4A8B-432E-99B2-9D3EEF8D248C.jpeg

9BA602DE-AFC2-4948-B648-5E84AC8CAEA4.jpeg

15CEADFA-CEFC-4AE7-9155-25443EAD8100.jpeg

Hello everybody. I have a question. I game the Wilson Trident and purchased a project X HZRDUS smoke shaft aftermarket to replace what I currently own. I am replacing the aldila phenom which is just too stiff for my swing feel. And it’s an X and the PXSmoke is a stiff.

so I purchased an adapter online, it says it fits the Trident/c300/d300. It looks like it fits just fine. It clicks snugly into place in the head BUT there is now “draw” settings. The Triton adapter has +1 -1 and DRW +1 -1 and STD. So my question would be. Are the adapters truly interchangeable? And since i no longer have “draw” settings would my driver now be adjustable by .5 loft increments? Im just confused and was needing some answers before I sink some epoxy into this thing and set a shaft. Don’t want to do that before I’m 100% sure.

i messages Wilson and they said their adapters are universal but I’m still looking for a second opinion. Attached are some photos of the two side by side 
1EF257D6-4A8B-432E-99B2-9D3EEF8D248C.thumb.jpeg.ad7a0b14a3f46c501477066bdffed9a0.jpeg
9BA602DE-AFC2-4948-B648-5E84AC8CAEA4.thumb.jpeg.30e9ef923ce06d1262a3c347765df1e4.jpeg
15CEADFA-CEFC-4AE7-9155-25443EAD8100.thumb.jpeg.c88438ea7b1bc7428e583c9040b911ab.jpeg
Not that this will answer your question but you may want to call Wilson costumer service. They should be able to tell you if they switched the settings on the adapter since the Triton and if they did how they transfer between the old markings and new ones. I called Mizuno for my st190 and was told it was the same adapter just different labeling.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Very odd to get a response that the labels are just different. Idk. But if I’m trying to set my original shaft to +1DRW and on the new adapter is -1.5* I’m not sure how this whole thing works. I have reached out to Wilson and they have said their fast fit adapter is universal 

Very odd to get a response that the labels are just different. Idk. But if I’m trying to set my original shaft to +1DRW and on the new adapter is -1.5* I’m not sure how this whole thing works. I have reached out to Wilson and they have said their fast fit adapter is universal 

What I mean by different labeling is instead of reading say higher with the new Mizuno adapter, the old one says 11.5* I believe. They told me the adapters were the same or universal just like the response you got. I actually called them and kept asking how does the labeling translate from the old one to the new one. You need to have them clarify how the setting are the same of different between the adapters. It is very possible the changed how the adapters adjust and you no longer have draw settings with the new one.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Thank you fellow golfer. You’ve calmed my worries. I’ll post some photos once I get it all set up

I hope you didn't misunderstand what I was trying to say. I called Mizuno about MY adapter a few days ago. I DID NOT CALL WILSON for you. I was simply suggesting that you keep talking to somone until you get an answer. It is very possible that there are no draw settings on Wilson's adapters anymore. I am sure the adapter will work without issue just may not have the settings you want.

I don’t remember the Triton having a +1 draw setting. I’m pretty sure that ever since the F5 (C300 and Cortex included) the tour drivers have had the same tips. Now the D series drivers do have that different tip (+1 draw, etc.). I’m on staff with Wilson have have mentioned a few times about how confusing and annoying it is to have the different tips on there, but I would hold the tips up next to each other and check which way they are leaning to best match the correct setting. I have a hard time believing that a +1 draw is now a -1.5. Also, make sure that you have the correct handed tip! If either tip is left handed, everything is in reverse and that could be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I can't answer your question either, but the Triton and D300 adapters are identical with the draw settings.  It should fit fine, but the head design of the Trident may be such that the draw settings weren't needed.  Didn't the Trident have lofts without 0.5º increments? 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/9/2019 at 2:30 PM, Rtracymog said:

I don’t remember the Triton having a +1 draw setting. I’m pretty sure that ever since the F5 (C300 and Cortex included) the tour drivers have had the same tips. Now the D series drivers do have that different tip (+1 draw, etc.). I’m on staff with Wilson have have mentioned a few times about how confusing and annoying it is to have the different tips on there, but I would hold the tips up next to each other and check which way they are leaning to best match the correct setting. I have a hard time believing that a +1 draw is now a -1.5. Also, make sure that you have the correct handed tip! If either tip is left handed, everything is in reverse and that could be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

To answer Kenny B’s question the original Triton adapter did not have .5 increments but instead used “draw settings for +1 and -1. 

As far far as I know only he Triton had “draw” settings in this era of Wilson drivers. I did have the correct handed adapter. And I got everything all set to my liking. As for your question about 1.5 up equating the draw I 100% have had the same doubts. But I went to the range yesterday. With just the driver (terrible idea won’t do that again) and ripped about 80 balls. I figure if the adapter is really going to be bad it would have had some issues but I sensed and saw nothing. I do have no intention of changing the loft settings around 9 degrees is pretty spot on for me already.

i did shorten the driver shaft by an inch and half from 45” in the aldila phenom to 43.5” in the PX smoke. I really am liking the change. I don’t have a track man but conventional wisdom says I will lose club head speed and in turn ball speed. But I’d rather hit the fairway at 270 instead of be in the trees at 290. So I’m hoping to keep the same golf ball my whole round more often this summer. My old gamer is a 2007 TM Burner TP and I took her out the other day and crushed it so who knows I might go back to that  a

if I can get on a launch monitor I’ll try to share some data on the two shafts.

3B1440B8-2383-43AE-92A6-3092FAE7C612.jpeg

98CC5ABA-3446-426E-93F0-AF184948A213.jpeg

B68BC3EE-C1FB-4F1A-8613-D25EB96C0CB3.jpeg

62D1EE2F-9E32-45AE-8590-04CDFF88B545.jpeg