Sign in to follow this  
LoganT

Shaft question

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer to figure out what Driver Shaft would be best for them. I talked to another guy at a different golf shop and he told me that the Optimizer will recommend a list of Driver Shafts based off the data it collects from your three iron swings...I didn't even know that was possible.  I also made a comment in the TXG youtube video in the Optimizer about having one for the Driver, and a guy from Mizuno Europe responded saying the same thing.

Has anyone on here tried a Driver Shaft based off what the Optimizer suggested?

That's interesting, @cnosil when is your next visit to the lab 🤣

• Like 1

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer to figure out what Driver Shaft would be best for them. I talked to another guy at a different golf shop and he told me that the Optimizer will recommend a list of Driver Shafts based off the data it collects from your three iron swings...I didn't even know that was possible.  I also made a comment in the TXG youtube video in the Optimizer about having one for the Driver, and a guy from Mizuno Europe responded saying the same thing.
Has anyone on here tried a Driver Shaft based off what the Optimizer suggested?

I am going to be testing again tomorrow, will see if I can get that done.
  • Love 1

That's interesting, [mention=15174]cnosil[/mention] when is your next visit to the lab

My visit for today was cancelled;
Scheduled to test tomorrow so I will see what I can find out. I did text Sam to ask if it does driver shaft recommendations...hoping it does so I can see what driver shaft I should really be playing.
  • Like 2

Sam wasn't there today so I didn't get a change to see if I could fit for the driver shaft.   It does do driver shafts;  read the MGS blog article and it said this:  In 2016, Mizuno introduced a modernized user-interface and recategorized its database of shafts by EI profile, rather than the manufacturer stated flex. Mizuno added driver, fairway, and hybrids shafts to the recommendation engine in 2017, and length and lie logic for mid-irons in 2018.

Still want to do a driver shaft fitting and I will try and make sure I get there when Sam is working.  

Just to give an update, I did a fitting and was blown away by the shafts I was fit for. I ended up with project x 6.5 and was playing s300. They are night and day

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1