Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taking apart a Futura 5mb

I have just purchased a Futura 5mb on the cheap as it was damaged and am wanting to do the repair work myself. i have broken the putter down but can not get the aluminum insert to come away from the steel shell with the heat gun. has anyone attempted this and can you give me some insight? your help is very much appreciated as i want to get this bad boy on the greens asap.

Some photos would be helpful.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am pretty sure I have  read that it is usually silicone or 3M tape.  Heat probably won't do much to take it further apart.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Just out of curiosity where is the damage?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You can just see the dents near the first screw hole on the right. It was dropped on concrete so i was planning on using my buffer to get the denta out and then torch the steel shell which is why i need the aluminium to come away

Edited by Jeroma

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

I am pretty sure I have  read that it is usually silicone or 3M tape.  Heat probably won't do much to take it further apart.  

Any idea where you read the info? Would love to have a read and see if there's any hints on how to go about it

Looking at everything I would assume it is held together by some sort of hardening epoxy. It’s one of those things that was meant to never come back apart. If you really want it apart you’ll have to pry it apart with a small screwdriver or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Any idea where you read the info? Would love to have a read and see if there's any hints on how to go about it

Most of the disassembly stuff I see is on WRX. They have shown and talked about disassembly of Cameron’s and this type of insert. Most say to soak it in some solvent to break the bond.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 years later...