Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

HZRDUS Smoke Yellow

Has anyone had an opportunity to swing the new PX HZRDUS smoke yellow in comparison to the yellow, smoke, or evenflow white? Currently have the evenflow white in my Rogue having swapped that out from a HZRDUS yellow and looking for any info about the feel/launch/spin differences between them. Thanks!

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

Its only been at places like club champion for maybe a month and available for purchas yesterday so the chance of anyone hitting it is very slim

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

Hey!

I was recently fitted into the Fujikura pro 2.0 tour spec 7x  with the cobra f9 speed back. 

With money being a little tight I decided to go with the F8+ with the Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 flex. brand new from the factory was 209 vs the 500 for the speed back and fuji shaft. 

The specs between the shaft are somewhat similar. I am aware torque specs are measured differently from company to company but I doubt they're that far off. 

has anyone been able to compare the two shafts side by side? Or has anyone played either of them? My hope is they will play similarly. 

The shaft I'm playing now is the Fubuki zt60 stiff with the big bertha alpha. I've played it well but when I try to step on it or I'm off my game a little bit a snap hook happens or a high fade that doesn't go anywhere

Fuji shaft 

image.png.ad482fbde2cab3f9951889a26e4fbad6.png

Hzrdus Yellow 75 

image.png.212501eac6b2d526c039f93875daafc4.png

LOW

LOW

Edited by cdodom

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha w/Fubuki ZT 60 S.

Woods: Taylormade TP R9 3W w/Fujikura Motore F1 85

Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 2011 w/Aldila Rip S

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-69 w/KBS Tour  C-Taper X130

Wedges: Maltby Tour Grind 52*,56*,60* w/KBS Tour C-Taper X130

Putter: 35" Odyssey Protype Tour Series #2 w/Superstroke Slim 3.0

5 minutes ago, cdodom said:

Hey!

I was recently fitted into the Fujikura pro 2.0 tour spec 7x  with the cobra f9 speed back. 

With money being a little tight I decided to go with the F8+ with the Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 flex. brand new from the factory was 209 vs the 500 for the speed back and fuji shaft. 

The specs between the shaft are somewhat similar. I am aware torque specs are measured differently from company to company but I doubt they're that far off. 

has anyone been able to compare the two shafts side by side? Or has anyone played either of them? My hope is they will play similarly. 

The shaft I'm playing now is the Fubuki zt60 stiff with the big bertha alpha. I've played it well but when I try to step on it or I'm off my game a little bit a snap hook happens or a high fade that doesn't go anywhere

Fuji shaft 

image.png.ad482fbde2cab3f9951889a26e4fbad6.png

Hzrdus Yellow 75 

image.png.212501eac6b2d526c039f93875daafc4.png

LOW

LOW

You posted this in the hzrdus smoke yellow which is a different shaft than the hzrdus yellow. The smoke version has a tapered grip section and firmer mid section than the original hzrdus yellow you posted.

as far as comparing the two the yellow isva counterbalanced shaft and I don’t recall the pro 2.0 being that way but iirc it has a softer mid section. 

If you have a quick transition the 2.0 will probably be a better option. The yellow was designed for smooth swingers but surprisingly myself and others who play the original yellow have a quick transition and the yellow works fine.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1