Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Callaway Epic Flash Drivers

Been about a month since my last update, and the Epic Flash continues to help my game. I really started struggling with the driver a few weeks ago, but after making a small swing change (more secondary axis tilt at address) I've been much more accurate and longer the past few rounds.
My trending unofficial handicap continues to fall, now sitting around 11, and during the last three rounds I've been better off the tee than the average 5 handicap according to GAME Golf.
image.thumb.png.b4744d9746fe81dc9657c5945d016709.png
I cannot get past the forgiveness and length of this driver. Last night's round was played on a course carved out of an old apple orchard, very open and very windy. A few drives caught nice tailwinds and I ended up with five drives over 250 yards, with two of those drives topping 275 total.
During this morning's round I had five drives of 260 yards or longer. Coming from someone who had rarely seen 240 before this year, I'm still in awe of this club.
The shot that stuck out most to me this morning was my drive on No. 13, a 330-yard par 4. I mis-hit the ball high on the club face and toward the toe. Not only did the ball stay right near the fairway, it still traveled 249 yards despite basically falling straight down from the sky, leaving me a wedge into the green. I stuck my 54 degree wedge to three feet and birdied the hole. The forgiveness is silly.
I'm going to have to second your statement on the amount of forgiveness that the Epic Flash line has. I played nine today, hitting drives of 242, 238, 248, 225, 239, and 234. I averaged 238 yards and really never felt like I hit the sweet spot.

I shot a 44 with only 17 putts, but the Flash Sub Zero was the MVP of my round. I only hit one really bad shot, and that was a straight up block. On the ninth hole, which is a nemesis of mine, I aimed for a darker patch of grass on the fairway and flew straight over it. I've had instances where this hole has killed my round, either by hitting toward the driving range, or pull hooking it between two small ponds.

Great job on your improvement@edingc! You've definitely found the right driver for your game and I love hearing about your improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2