TESTERS WANTED! ×

GOLF GRIP HELP!

My first thread. It's a proud moment for me gentlemen. New guy here, and relatively new to golf. Nice to meet you all.

I need help with grip selection for my clubs. I currently game Lamkin crossline grips and have never tried any others but mine are already wearing down. I play in Texas, and it's usually pretty hot and tacky and I do deal with hand sweat so a grip to help with this would be ideal. Anyone have any preferences they like? Pros and cons of your grip? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

Welcome to MGS and to golf!  Personally, I think it all boils down to personal preference.  I like Golf Pride CP grips, but have used many others over the years.  Been a long time since living in humidity, so I'll let others discuss best for that.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Welcome from northwest Ohio! I've had Lamkin grips on some C300's but ended up changing them out to GP MCC+4. My hands sweat a lot and these GP's seem to offer me a bit more stickiness. However, I think grips are a very personal thing so what works for me may not for work for others.

I'd go to a golf galaxy or PGA superstore and try all of the different mounted grips. These stores have samples mounted on shafts so you can get a good feel. From there you can decide which works best for you.

Depending on how much you play you may be changing out the grips somewhat frequently so don't feel like you're locked in. There is also a MGS thread on DIY grip install - you might find that useful.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome - I play in Florida which is fairly hot and humid too. :)

I used to swear by those Lamkin crosslines. However my current fitter/club repair guy does Golf Pride - I have tour velvets - they work just fine.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tour  Velvets are great in humidity and heat when new if you clean them after every round they last a lot longer I prefer the tour velvet cord myself but these must be cleaned and sanded often also have been playing them since the 90s so not hip to the new stuff

:adams-small: F11 Driver and 3 Wood 

:ping-small: I20 irons red dot -1/2 inch

:cleveland-small: Cg hybrid

:cleveland-small: Rtg wedges 54 56

:bridgestone-small:

I love me some Iomic grips. All I have used for a decade now. Give them a feel. They get very soft and tacky in the warm and humid days of summer. I think the lampkin iline are made by Iomic, and are less expensive. 

I have been eyeing the align tour velvets recently, might put one on my driver to try it out. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

The humidity next door in Louisiana is as high as it gets, and I swear by Lamkin iLines (if you can find them on eBay), or Golf Pride CP2! I have the wrap CP2 and really like them. GP MCC+4 are also very good if you like a rougher texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My first thread. It's a proud moment for me gentlemen. New guy here, and relatively new to golf. Nice to meet you all.
I need help with grip selection for my clubs. I currently game Lamkin crossline grips and have never tried any others but mine are already wearing down. I play in Texas, and it's usually pretty hot and tacky and I do deal with hand sweat so a grip to help with this would be ideal. Anyone have any preferences they like? Pros and cons of your grip? Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

I learned to play in Texas. As noted during the summer months it’s difficult to keep your hands and grips dry. The best thing that I discovered regardless of grip type is a small little league rosin bag. Rawlings makes a small one that fits into a sandwich bag. I patted the bag on my grips prior to each round and sometimes during the round. For me......it was a miracle worker.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I've found that when playing in the summer months down here in central FL that the specific grip itself is not the biggest issue. My hands sweat no matter what and so as long as the grip isn't slick I'm going to have a similar grip quality. The best thing I've found is keeping a small hand towel with me and giving my hands a good wipe before shots. That and constantly cycling gloves, i might play 4 - 5 gloves per round cycling after ever shot or 2.

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

15 hours ago, mysterygolfguy said:

Thanks in advance!

Tour Velvets do well for me. They may occasionally need to be wiped down with a towel once or twice a round during peak summer, but most of the time they are fine and are more comfortable to me than the Lamkin Crossline. I've played a lot of different grips - from full cords, MCCs, wraps, and even tried Pure Grips for a season - the Tour Velvet seems to be the best compromise I've found between moisture control, comfort, and feedback.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I would try cord grips.  I know golf pride sells some nice ones, in my experience cord grips wear down at a much slower rate and provide great grip even in hot or wet conditions.  

Ill second some corded grips as well. Whether it is golf pride or lamkin I swear by mine. 

Great grip in all conditions especially if your hands get a little sweaty. Also golf pride mcc plus 4 are a great grip. 

Also there will likely be some follow up with this from the chosen few soon!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Sorry for the double post

Edited by Apolloshowl

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've had tour velvet and now crossline. Both are solid and affordable grips. I did love the MCC+4 when I had one on my driver. Maybe try one of those on a driver or wedge before the whole set.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Pure Grips.  Just regripped my entire set with their DTX line (their version of a cord).   Install is easy too...can do it at home with just an air compressor.   A plus for me in my book is that these grips are made in the USA...Golf Pride and others are China or Mexico it seems.    Price was in the middle range.   You won't find these guys in stores but readily available online from many different sites.  

Are those the "cord" style grips I have seen in a few pro shops that are mostly colored grips jjp? No actual cord n them right? They felt ok n the short shaft display. Please repost after a few rounds so We know how they perform

Edited by ODogs Driver
Spelling

:adams-small: F11 Driver and 3 Wood 

:ping-small: I20 irons red dot -1/2 inch

:cleveland-small: Cg hybrid

:cleveland-small: Rtg wedges 54 56

:bridgestone-small:

9 hours ago, ODogs Driver said:

Are those the "cord" style grips I have seen in a few pro shops that are mostly colored grips jjp? No actual cord n them right? They felt ok n the short shaft display. Please repost after a few rounds so We know how they perform

Yes, the Pure DTX is that type. I've been using them for a couple of years myself.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've played a few rounds with the Pure DTX midsize grips...not going back now.   Love the rubber feel...actual rubber feel.  Also have found them to be in between for feel from the tradition cords and a wrap...a nice blend.   Last set of grips I played were GolfPride MCC+4s and they felt a bit "stiff" if you ask me.  The Pure's are like butter in my hands...in a good way.    At worst get a single Pure grip for under $10 and try it.  At worst you throw it away and put back on what you were playing.  That's what I did before I bought a complete set since Pure's don't have wide, if any, retail distribution.   A pretty cheap golf experiment if you ask me.  

I also switched many years ago now to the Pure DTX grips. The grips I have on now are 2 years old.  Yes, I am about to change them out, but they still feel like they did when new.  I had to change out the multi-compound grips I had years ago every 6 months because they got slick.  

Once you get the old grips off and put on painters tape on each club, new grips go on with an air compressor in mere minutes.  This can be done with most any grip, so changing grips can be quick and easy.  Once set up, it's very easy to buy any grip and blow it on and off if you want to try different grips.  

I don't typically play in humid conditions.  I live in the desert, but I do travel to locations where it's hot and humid.  I also do not wear a glove normally, and the DTX is perfect for me.  I will use a glove though in humid conditions.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome mysterygolfguyI am a new to mgs myself. 

I play most of my golf in the midwest, where we see all forms of moisture- snow, rain, and sweaty summer days. Last year I made my first grip purchase since getting my clubs years back. I really liked the feeling of Winn's dri-tac grips. It made a huge difference. I almost feel like these grips perform better as they get some moisture on them. 

https://www.winngrips.com/products/dri-tac/dri-tac-standard/

I just re-gripped again this year with the same. Good luck!

Stay dry and go low ponyboy!

Personally I use a lot of different type grips on different clubs. Trust me it gets hot and humid here in Coastal SC. I use GP Tour Wraps or Lamkin Crosslines. On some of my wedges I use Tour Velvets. One thing I do in the hot summer is rotate gloves out on every shot. I rotate out between 5 gloves. Hang them on the top support on the cart to dry out I also wear wrist sweat bands like the tennis players use. For summer play I also clean my grips after every round and /or range session. On the Tour Wraps I use just water. On the others I use some diluted cleaner called Totally Awesome. For grip cleaning I use 1 part cleaner to 3 parts water. Do not let my use of multiple grips confuse you I am strictly a feel player and I use different grips on different clubs to enhance the feel for me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G