TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Equipment purchase you've made?

tony@CIC

We have a "worst equipment purchase you've made" so how about the best? 

A few years back i sold my G20 FW wood because I couldn't hit it for anything and if I did, it scared the heck out of the worms on the fairway.   Over this past winter I decided I needed a FW for distance and decided to try again - but this time buy something older, take lessons and then get fitted (note the last two could be done simultaneously).. So as a starter  I decided to buy this TM RBZ 3 FW. on ebay = $39.00. Took it out on the range and it was like a rocket... on the course last week it was the best club in the bag!. Geez $39. bucks! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Ping Zing 2 irons in 1993 or 1994. Immediately improved my game!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 iron-woods. Out of frustration with my traditional hybrids I bought one of these (#3) last year at a TE demo day, and so far it’s been a lifesaver. I recently also bought the #2 and they are my long fairway clubs, along with a 7w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Mizuno MP-37 Irons!!!!!!! Loved loved loved them. Someone broke into my car at 3 in the morning and borrowed them. The reason I know the exact time is because I saw the lights and ran out the house only to have a gun placed on my forehead.

I play MP-5s now but they are just not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Great idea for a thread @tony@CIC!

I didn't have to think long for my answer. It was the first set of irons I ever bought brand new, Mizuno MX-20's.

Not only were they the most beautiful set I've ever owned, they were perfect for me, and really got me hooked on this dumb game I enjoy so much. By the end of that year, I was scoring in the low to mid 90's, sometimes mid eighties. I remember that winter offseason buying a Titleist driver, 3&5 woods, two Mizuno wedges, a Ping becu Anser putter and the most beautiful Mizuno stand bag! I felt like a pro with that setup!

The sad part of this story is that one morning about a year later, I stopped at a 7-11 for coffee on my way to the local course (Bethpage Park). I left the SUV running, came out about 5 minutes later with the coffee and a paper. When I pulled into the Bethpage parking lot, I went into the Pro shop to check in. When I got back to the car and opened the back, it was empty. I wanted to cry, I was so mad. I knew I put the clubs in the back when I left the house, but I went back home hoping maybe I had left them there. No such luck, they had been stolen from either the 7-11 lot or the Bethpage parking area.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

Mizuno MP-37 Irons!!!!!!! Loved loved loved them. Someone broke into my car at 3 in the morning and borrowed them. The reason I know the exact time is because I saw the lights and ran out the house only to have a gun placed on my forehead.

I posted right below you without reading your post. I thought my story was a sad one, but yours is downright scary.

Why does Mizuno have to make their irons so damn beautiful?

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

• 2 weeks later...

new Sun Mountain C130 bag with the US flag on it.

Dividers, holds everything and performed like a champ on the trip to scotland

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

PING Glide 2.0 wedges. Massive improvement from the wedges that came standard with my iron set. My Glide Forged 60^ is also awesome, but that was a gift...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 3 weeks later...

Can I have more than one?  My G25 driver head was an Ebay refugee and I paired it with an Attas 3 that was on clearance at Dallas Golf.  Still in the bag 5 years later and nothing has clearly beaten it during fittings.  My TE Forged irons have been a real blessing.  I actually score better with them than the more GI irons I had previously and they were $250 new (and custom built).  Finally there is my 2007 Burner 7 wood - wrong flex, too light of shaft, stupid good.  Both my son and best friend have the same spec 7 wood in their bag.

Callaway Razr Fit 3w for $10 out of the used rack at a golf store. That thing loved me. There's a very good chance it ends up back in my bag after I get a new grip on it. It's longer than the Bridgestone from the test least fall but maybe not quite as accurate. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 weeks later...

My 50 degree Vokey wedge. I hit that thing anywhere from 50 yards to 110 yards and it just feels like money in my hands. It gives me confidence that no other club in my bag gives me. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to hit it more than I should lol. I keep pulling out my 56 and 60 instead of trusting that club.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: Original AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

I'm going to say the Shotmaker insert.

https://mygolfspy.com/harrison-shotmaker-review/

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Have you put it in your tour edge driver yet?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Best purchases are definitely my putter and my driver. Not that I don't think there are better options available for both, but I've seen significant improvements with both clubs since making the switch from my previous gamers. Average distance with the driver has improved and I find just as many if not more fairways. The putter is much easier for me to align and get close to the hole - distance control is typically very good as well.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Have you put it in your tour edge driver yet?

I have not. Yet.

I've been in sporadic email contact with Michael Chang - Harrison Shotmaker. I don't have a good feeling about things right now. Last week he asked for my shipping address and said he'd be in contact prior to shipment to get my payment. Tick, tick, tick. I kind of think they are almost or mostly out of business. 

I ruined the one in my SLDR because I didn't read the directions for removal. (I twisted the top - seating element of it off) Dammit. I was going to use it in my EXS.

If you'd like to try and order one I'd be happy to supply his email.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I have not. Yet.
I've been in sporadic email contact with Michael Chang - Harrison Shotmaker. I don't have a good feeling about things right now. Last week he asked for my shipping address and said he'd be in contact prior to shipment to get my payment. Tick, tick, tick. I kind of think they are almost or mostly out of business. 
I ruined the one in my SLDR because I didn't read the directions for removal. (I twisted the top - seating element of it off) Dammit. I was going to use it in my EXS.
If you'd like to try and order one I'd be happy to supply his email.

I have often considered getting one but never pulled the trigger. Combination of price and selecting the right flex for my swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Callaway Heavenwood. There's just something about it that works for my swing, either off the tee or the deck. If I was smart, I'd use it as my tee club on par 4s & 5s and I'm betting my handicap would plummet as a result. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Cleveland 900 gunmetal 58* wedge. There wasn’t a shot I couldn’t hit with it.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I had cracked the head on my driver and one of the guys in my league asked if wanted to buy his Taylor made R9 super Tri. He bought it and could hit it a mile but not sure which direction it would go.. SO i give it a try and like the driver hit it well.. Then he tells me it has 2 range sessions and 1 full round on it.. He tells me $200 at the time the club brand new was still going for over $300. SO i buy it.. about 3 weeks later at league he yells at me to come over to his car. He hands me the matching 3wd, says it goes with the driver.. the 3 wd was in my bag until last year and the driver up until I bought my Ping G30 LST.. so it was a VERY good buy.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 4/11/2019 at 12:07 AM, SteddyGolf said:

there was no SHOCK HORROR SCARY emoji in the reaction list.

Obviously you weren't shot but OMG, all for some clubs in a car. Did they get the perps eventually?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Callaway Steelhead 4+

Sits well, amazing sound of the face and flies further than my driver with a breeze behind.

Like @russtopherb I should use it off every par 4 and 5 tee especially on shorter courses.

It's my Henrik Stenson 3 wood equivalent.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

there was no SHOCK HORROR SCARY emoji in the reaction list.
Obviously you weren't shot but OMG, all for some clubs in a car. Did they get the perps eventually?

Sadly no one was caught but fortunately USAA reimbursed me 100%

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have two: the first was not purchased by me though - a junior set of clubs my dad got me when I was ~12. Instant improvements from the MacGregor blades from the 70s that he had cut down and re-gripped for me (I still shudder at the thought of thinning that 3 iron on cold nights at the driving range), and these babies got me hooked on the game & stayed with me for 6 years until I scrounged up the money to buy a used set of adult size DCIs. 

The best purchase I made was an ebay special in 2016: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood that I had refurbished by BOS Golf. It got me down into single digit HC range and will never leave my golf bag, except when I send it back to BOS to refinish it again in another year or two.

Scotty 2.JPG

Scotty 1.JPG

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 5/16/2019 at 10:16 AM, PlaidJacket said:

I've just had an email exchange with Michael Chang - the Shotmaker guy. He says they've moved on to "other things". So, sounds like a great golf invention is no more. I'm guessing the result of poor marketing = low sales.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, russtopherb said:

Callaway Heavenwood. There's just something about it that works for my swing, either off the tee or the deck. If I was smart, I'd use it as my tee club on par 4s & 5s and I'm betting my handicap would plummet as a result. 

I have the same club. It is awesome!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would say any of the equipment I have purchased from a top notch fitter.  Not all fitters are created equal.  I have done a couple fittings over the years with Bill at Cool Clubs in Atlanta.  The guys knows the golf swing and equipment.  The one piece of equipment I would say that had the most impact on my game was a custom fit putter (Scotty Newport 2).  It dropped 4 off of my handicap.    

:callaway-small: Great Big Bertha 10.5 with Graphite Design AD-TP 6X
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Fujikura Pro 2.0 7X
:callaway-small: Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-HY 85X
:mizuno-small: MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
:edel-golf-1: 51, 56, 60 wedges
:scotty-small: Newport 2
:titelist-small: ProV1x

Ping Zing 2 irons in 1993 or 1994. Immediately improved my game!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YES!! Those were the first clubs I REALLY longed for and man were they sweet. I had the distinct feeling I was cheating :)

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

What a great thread - it's a trip down memory lane! I have 3: 1) Mizuno MP 14's - I loved those clubs so much and hit till thr chrome came off; 2) Taylormade R7 425 TP with Matrix Altus LT - seriously the best driver EVER!; 3) My current 2 Crossover - what a great club - it is really long but so workable - big fan. It was really hard to narrow this down...

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

The best clubs I have purchased in the last 5 years set

of 1988 ping eye2 woods driver , 3, 5, 7 woods

i am a  49 years of age , 9 handicap

these clubs for me have a more consistent shot shape that I can count on. My modern callaway flash driver I have misses in both detections. I can hit modern equipment about 10 yards farther but have no confidence in were it is going.

carry on the callaway is about 255 ten yard roll for total 265

ping is carry around 225  30 yards roll  total 255

average drive around is 230 yards

drivers max 255 yards ave 230

3 wood max 230 ave 215

5 wood max 215 ave 200

7 wood max 195 ave 180

ball  Wilson duo 

with these clubs I can hit it as hard as I want and draw the ball or fade it with no worries. 

I play courses between 5900 to 6300 yards no problem

wish I went back to wooden clubs years ago.

shot 77 yesterday at Belmont recreational golf course / formally hermitage country club site of the 1949 PGA from the tips 6300 yards

Modern driver to light to shaft to long and to inconsistent 

abolutely love ove my ping eye2 woods 

Edited by Kenneth mcdaniel