Edited by dm49!
More information was needed.
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driv

EXTRA!   EXTRA!   EXTRA! Some golfers have an edge on others... ...but few have a TOUR edge. Join me in congratulating these 3 fine spies for being selected to test the MyGolfSpy most w

Wow! What a way to start the Friday morning and kick off the weekend! Thank you @GolfSpy Stroker and #TourEdge for the opportunity. I'll put it through the ringer and hopefully provide a great test an

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 

So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

Tour Edge EXS Driver Pic.jpg

How to be chosen:  

Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed

Please follow the instructions below exactly.

First Name/State of Residence

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.

Todd/Illinois

Ping G/10.5/Stock/Regular

16/not sure of speed/no data 

Never played Tour Edge

Mike

Florida

Rogue SZ - 9.5* - ProjectX 6.5

Current handicap 7.4 - 106mph

Occasionally visit a friend at the local golf shop to play around, but generally don't use a LM

Still have the original Tour Edge Exotics driver, 9* with a stiff Aldila Proto shaft.  At times I still take it out and play it.  Might not be as forgiving as the newest, but on a LM the distance does not suffer on well struck drives.  Also still have a CB1 3w, 15*.  Very underrated woods.

Chris Virginia.                       Current Driver: Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Oban Kiyoshi purple.                     Use launch monitor often. Hndcp 7.2 SS 105.  Have not played TEE driver, but love the fairways.

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Current

Frank / South Carolina 

TM M3 10.5° Matrix White Tie, R flex, 

12 hdcp, 82-85 mph, no data collection 

yes Exotics E8 and very pleased with results.  Also, currently playing Exotics CBX 4 wood 16.5° and love it.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

Sage in NJ

current driver taylormade 2017 M1 10.5 with Project X even flow black 65g 6.0

HDCP 5.7. Driver SS 100 to 105. I use Skycaddie regularly at the range. 

Never played a Exotics driver before. But I recently picked up a very old 3w for winter practice and was surprised how good it is.

Gary/ Florida

XXIO 10, 10.5 degrees loft with their XXIO proprietary shaft in S-flex

10 Handicap index, driver swing speed about 90 mph, check specs with launch monitors on manufacturers demo days & club clinics

Current backup driver is Tour Edge EX-9, which worked fine for me until XXIO driver displaced it for distance gain (still use TEE EX-9 driver occasionally at home or on international trips)

XXIO 9 Driver, MP-900 shaft (S-flex), 9.5* loft

Tour Edge E8 3-Wood & 4-Wood Regular

Bridgestone J 40 Hybrids (3H & 4H), Project X 5.0

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, Recoil 95 F2 shafts

Callaway Jaws Raw Wedge (54* loft, 12* bounce)

Callawy X-Tour Raw Wedge (60* loft, 9* bounce)

Ray Cook Gyro Mallet Putter

Nancy/California

Cobra amp cell/10.9/Fujikura/Ladies

-20; 103-105

Yes, okay

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

I would love to be a tester for Tour Edge Driver. I am playing an older model for Tour Edge now and I LOVE IT!!!!. Please help me help anyone wishing to love Tour Edge golf. I live in MARYLAND play all around between Baltimore and Washington. Have a 16 hc swing 83 play 1 times a week for 40 years.

Edited by pbnj7

Robert   NJ/FL

Cleveland Launcher HB 9 degree reg.flex graphite

handicap 8.4  driver swing speed 97, I do not  regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

I have played a Tour Edge driver before

Kyle in Michigan

Callaway XR 9.0 degrees project x 6.0

Handicap - 14 

Swing Speed - 112-116

No launch monitor in area, but I am very willing to travel for one and spend some hours tracking performance. I have never used TourEdge before, but this driver seems like a no brainer. I would love to be able to test this out and expand my thinking about different brands. Before MyGolfSpy I didn’t really know about any of these outsider companies and you guys do an amazing job providing the truth about performance and playability of the clubs. I will never care about the brand of a club in my bag again after reading your blogs. Keep up the great job, can’t wait for the most wanted golf ball review to come out! 

Bill in Michigan

Driver: Exotics EX9 ,  Tour 10,  Penley Black Shaft,  Stiff Flex 

HC. 12.9  GHIN,  Swing speed 102, my swing varies with the LM at the range 

I play a Tour Edge driver and enjoy it. Most people don't realize it is a very good club

On 4/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 

So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

Tour Edge EXS Driver Pic.jpg

How to be chosen:  

Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed

Please follow the instructions below exactly.

First Name/State of Residence

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck. 

Dick Lindgren Iowa

Mizuno SY180, adjustable (10.5), Kurokage 50 R Flex

12 handicap, 95 swing speed, no LM

Have not played a Tour Edge driver

Matt/ Michigan

Callaway Razr itXtreme/10.5 lofted down to 9.5/Aldila Trinity/Stiff

15hcp and 105mph, unfortunately I have yet to get a system for logging my stats on yet other than the basic scorecard tracker app.

I have never played Tour Edge before but a buddy has an older driver, I don't remember the name, but its so much nicer to hit than my driver. I love the weight of the club.

Foster / Florida

Cobra F8 / 10.5* / Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue / Regular Flex

Hcap: 19 / SS 85-90 / Arccos

Never played a Tour Edge Driver

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Brad (Sirduffsalot) here,

I hail from Roseville CA west of Sacramento

Driver specs are- Srixon 565 Mysaki Regular standard length/midsize grip.

Current index 14.4  swing speed 90-95mph  I use Birdie golf for stats

I have played a Tour Edge 4 wood exotic. loved the feel but, needed 3 wood shot length.

Note: I have a broken L5 vertebrae, it has slowed me down. I can practice one day and play one day a week depending on pain level. I can possibly open new products for the disabled people like me. Please give me a chance.

Bryan / TX

TaylorMade M1 / 9.5 / hzrds black 6.0 / stiff

6 hdcp / 105 SS driver , LM data semi-regular through PGA SS,

Also just purchased ShotScope V2

I have NOT played a Tour Edge before but do currently use an Exotics hybrid 

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Cleveland HiBore 3W

Hybrid: Titleist driving iron, Titleist hybrid

Irons: Ping Eye2 3-S & TA 845s 3-W

Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES s300

Putter: Ping Zing 2 33.75" , Anser 3