Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tour Edge EXS Driver

Our Sponsors

Steve Baltimore 

Titleist 913 D2 10.5 with Diamana Kai’li 65 mid  reg flex

Hcp 11.5  SS-90

only use of LM was at iron fitting

never have hit any of  the clubs. I am in the process of replacing hybrids and driver

• Jeff/Texas
  • Cleveland HiBore/10.5 degrees/Fujikara/Stiff
  • 12.7 HCP/102 mph. No, I don't have regular access to a LM but have experienced it at PGA Superstore.
  • I've never played TourEdge before, but I'd love to try their Exotics driver and show it off to the members at my country club.
Edited by J.B. TexasEx

Mike,  New York

TaylorMade M3 9.5* head, set at 8.75 loft,  Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0 Flex 65 g, + .5 inch longer

+1 Handicap, 108 mph Swing speed (normal), LM used was Trackman

Only played Tour Edge fairway clubs, they came off like a gun, very good clubs. They are as good or better than the big 5 Golf Companies.

Dave, FL

Taylor Made R-15/ set at 10 degrees / Speeder 57 / reg flex

10.5 index, about 95 MPH, and no data

Never have hit a Tour Edge driver, but plan to upgrade my driver soon.

JEFF - MICHIGAN

CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA ALPHA 8.5* PROJECT X BLACK 6.5

10 HDCP   105 MPH SS

NEVER HAVE PLAYED TOUR EDGE

Ron in South Carolina 

Callaway XR 9.0 pro driver with R flex - 65 gr Speeder Evolution II shaft

Just had a Titleist driver fitting this week but he could not improve my distance or accuracy with the new models.   Was going to try out the TE EXS driver next.   Have not played a TE driver in the past but have been reading some great reviews on them.  

Ghin index is 12.8   Swing speed is 95-97 range.   

Rick     New York

Callaway x2Hot / 11*,/Aldila Tour Blue,/Reg Flex

17          95 MPH   No LM use

Never played Tour Edge driver

John Washington

Titleist 917D2/9.5/Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

13.1 handicap. Swing speed about 112-115. I've used a SwingCaddie SC100 before, looking to buy something a bit more advanced in the near future.

I haven't experienced a TEE driver before, but I absolutely love my TEE CBX 3 metal, it is an absolute howitzer that replaced my 915F3 last year.

Edited by jadams505

Nate / Michigan

Current Driver(s): Tour Edge Exotics XGC7 Beta, Adjusted to 12.0°, Aldila RIP Phenom NL Tour X Stiff Flex

Tour Edge Exotics XJ1, 12.0°, Fujikura Air Speeder Regular Flex

Current handicap 10.8, driver swing speed 98-99MPH.

Define "regularly" for LM for data collection? Does 3-4 times a season count? Data collected from Trackman.

Would love the opportunity to be a tester and compare this new model to my current two.

20190413_122312.jpg

20190413_122550.jpg

Paul / Michigan

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Taylormade Rocketballz/10.5/Matrix Ozik Xcon-5/stiff

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

14 handicap/ swing speed between 100-110/ I do not use any LM 

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

I have never played Tour Edge before but really want to.

Geoff/Virginia

cally fusion 11.5 paderson reg flex

16/90-95/no lm

never played tour edge before, willing to try anything 

Mike Huskey - Iowa, 5.7 HC, currently hitting the Callaway Rogue with the Fujikura Pro 5.0 Regular shaft and also trying a Mizuno GT180 with Tensei Orange 50 regular shaft. Swing speed averages 97.  I love to test this driver as I have a Foresight GS2 with simulator and can also take it to the range. I’ve played a Tour Exotics EX9 fairway and would like to see what this driver can bring!

Bill in Texas

2016 TaylorMade M2 HL

Fujikura Pro 50 MFlex    

15 HCP Swingspeed 82-87 MPH 

Go to range regularly with Lasered Pins, and carry my own hand held LM

Used to play an Exotics Driver as well as several fairways and hybrids XCG 3 and 5 models. Currently play 3 Tour Edge Hybrids...2 E8's and an EX10. Have always loved my Tour Edge Clubs both past and present. The driver had amazing feel and consistency.

Mark, Arizona

Ping G5 12º Ping TFC 169 Graphite Shaft Senior SR flex

GHIN 15.5, nothing other than a top tracker every few weeks.  Swing speed average 90

I have not used a Tour Edge Driver, though I use Tour edge 7 i/w and chipper

Currently looking for a drier for this old retired golfer

Edited by DrMJG

Buzz - Arkansas

Big Bertha adjustable 9-11 degree stiff shaft

101 swing speed 2 years ago

20 handicap

First driver 8 years ago was a tour edge 9 degree. I went to the local golf shop with cash I had saved hoping to get the right driver and three wood. I was sold stuff I had no business hitting. They found a sucker and I didn’t know for a couple of years till I learned more about the game. I liked the driver but I had no business hitting that loft starting out. Only consolation is they went out of business a few years later.

Ron in Florida

Driver- TM Burner 8.5* 65 gram RE AX Superfast X flex

GHIN- 2.0

Driver swing speed per club champion fitting 112

I have not hit a Tour Edge driver before, but do play their irons -TE exotics EXi, Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff with Tour velvet mid size grips.

I on occasion use the LM available at course.

Interested in this driver based on the price and looks.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 

So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

Tour Edge EXS Driver Pic.jpg

How to be chosen:  

Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed

Please follow the instructions below exactly.

First Name/State of Residence 

Mitch/California 

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Titleist 917 D3/ 9.5°/ Hzrdus/ 6.5

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

5/ 113mph/ Yes

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

No

We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.

I have the EXS 3-wood for sale in classifieds. Brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Jordy/Georgia

Ping G30 LST, 10.5 deg. Set to 11.5, TFC 419D shaft, Stiff Flex, standard length

My GHIN handicap has ranged between 8.0 and 10.5 over the last 12 Months.  I have 154 rounds played in the last 12 mos.

Swing speed 95 MPH, I can get access to a Launch Monitor and use one when I get fitted for new clubs.

I currently have a Tour Edge EX 10 4 wood in my bag.  I have hit the EXS driver with a Tensei Blue Stiff shaft once before and was very impressed.  I have also hit the EX 10 driver and the Hot Launch 3 driver once before.  

In the market for a new driver and would love to be one of the testers