Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tour Edge EXS Driver

First Name/State of Residence

Dan/Illinois

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Nike Covert tour/10.5/Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 70g/X

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

About a 0 handicap.  I swing 120 ish and I hardly get to use a LM

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

I play the tour exotic 4wood CG5.  I love it but I believe it need a different shaft.  Always been interested in the drivers but have never had a true opportunity to test drive.

ooooohhh.... I love that composite weave look on the crown!  Everything I read and hear about Tour Exotics is that they are grossly underrated. Good luck spies!!

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

ooooohhh.... I love that composite weave look on the crown!  Everything I read and hear about Tour Exotics is that they are grossly underrated. Good luck spies!!

The composite weave is pretty, but I've never had one.  I would be worried about the durability, as it seems to me they would be more prone to cracking.  Also interested to see how this affects the sound and feel. My experience with Tour Edge in the past is that they make a very functional product as a fraction of the price.

• Like 1

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex: Ping G25/9/Regular Flex

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection: 14 hcp, 95 mph, I just purchased a LM to use this summer.

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience.  I have never tried them, just watched commercials and read about them. Just bought my wife Tour Edge package last summer

Nate D./Indiana

Current Drive specs  Nike/9.5 loft/shaft Diamana/Stiff Flex

I currently have an index of 3. My current average swing speed is 108-115mph. I take lessons each week and we use the vest and the data launch without the vest, comparable to trackman.

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. I have not played with a Tour Edge before so this would be a first but I am in the market for a new driver and I’m open to anything. I definitely need a lower loft and stiffer flex, maybe more weight as well  

Thank you for the opportunity. 

Tim Illinois
Ping G30 10.5 Aldila NV Green 65 Regular
18 HCP 95 mph swingspeed
I practice at a PGA toursuperstore with a launch monitor

I briefly played the E8 Beta and regret giving it up. Great penetrating ball flight, but I ordered too stiff a shaft for it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mike/ New Jersey

Adams std driver set to 10.50 degrees, matrix red tie regular shaft

Handicap 5.2

I have regular access to Trackman

I have never tried a Tour Edge driver but sometimes use their mallet putter. I post approx. 25 rounds a year and a similar amount of 9 hole rounds

Mike/New Jersey

Adams xtd driver set to 10.5 degrees, matrix red tie regular shaft

Handicap 5.2 , swing speed 92 mph. I have regular access to Trackman.

I have never tried a Tour Edge driver, I sometimes use one of their mallet putters.

I post about 25 rounds a year and a similar amount of 9 hole rounds.

• Like 1

Low turnout here.   I guess it's to be expected compared to Ping and Callaway.  I'd love to put this thing through the ringer.  🙂

3 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Low turnout here.   I guess it's to be expected compared to Ping and Callaway.  I'd love to put this thing through the ringer.  🙂

Perhaps not as many as some other threads.  But i will say the quality percent is probably higher than some of those other testings.  We've had a lot of really solid good contributing members apply for this.  it'll be tough to pick the final group, we certainly won't be hurting to find good testers here.  

Stay tuned, selections could come very soon! 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Perhaps not as many as some other threads.  But i will say the quality percent is probably higher than some of those other testings.  We've had a lot of really solid good contributing members apply for this.  it'll be tough to pick the final group, we certainly won't be hurting to find good testers here.  

Stay tuned, selections could come very soon! 

CG2, I imagine a similar dilemna for you guys with the D7 challenge.  🙂

I'll be over here with this stack of grips

I have one extra 😉

2 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

CG2, I imagine a similar dilemna for you guys with the D7 challenge.  🙂

I'll be over here with this stack of grips

I have one extra 😉

LOL...yeah they are both unique testings in their own different ways.  But both offer great opportunities for two very unheralded. products.

Loved your grip picture !! 

• Like 1

Tim - Illinois

Taylor Made M2  (9.5) 

Shaft - Diamana 70x R

Swing Speed - Probably in the 80's

Handicap - 12

Never have played a Tour Edge Driver

Send it hard and far gents! Best of luck on this awesome opportunity.

Congrats guys! Looking forward to the reviews... Been a great driver in some fittings so can't wait to see how you all get along with it! thanks

Congrats!! Hopefully see some good results. WOOO!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations guys. Can’t wait to hear you thoughts on how this stacks up to your current drivers!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Congrats guys. Looking forward to hear about this brand

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lane825

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Announced!
      These are the forum members who will be testing the Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Hybrid:
      @fozcycle @MattF @bens197 @dhartmann34 ______________________________________________________

Hybrids have long been a love/hate club for many players.  Many love them and the forgiveness they offer, and many hate them for their tendency to hook.  Finding the perfect or even dependable hybrid is often an ever going process for many players.   It's also not one you see a lot on the PGA Tour.  But if you have spent any time watching the PGA Tour Champions over the past couple months, you no doubt have noticed two things. 
      1) A big tour presence by Tour Edge, in not only it's well established fairway woods, but more recently the  Exotics CBX hybrid popping up in the bags of Scott McCarron and others.  The club has been vital to McCarron as he has won two events in the last three weeks.   What makes this hybrid so attractive, well  we'll if a picture is worth 1,000 words, then a video must be worth at least 2,000.   So see for yourself
       So there it is, we're looking for four testers to test, review and keep a Tour Edge Excotics CBX 119 hybrid of your choice.  Follow the instructions below. 
      Per the OEM's request this testing is open to Right Handed Golfers in the US. 
      Do Not Quote this post in your entry:  Doing so may lead to disqualification.
      Provide the following information:
      First Name/City, State
      Handicap/SS
      Current hybrid model Played
      What loft you think you would choose and why
      We'll be picking the testers sometime next week so check back to see if you've been selected.  Good Luck!!

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Follow our three testers of the Tour Edge EXS Driver as they bring you all the details and performance of this under the radar driver.  Will it perform for them, does it sound like a driver that would fit your game?  They will leave no stone un-turned or ball un-hit in the effort to bring you a in depth and fully unbiased review of the driver.
      They will start with their Stage Ones which give you a good look at the brand new driver and tell you about their games.   While they are putting the driver in play over the next month to six weeks, they will update this thread with their thoughts and be available to answer any questions the community may have.  So fire away with anything you want to know about the Tour Edge EXS!

@Badams69                                         Stage 1                                       Stage 2
      @03trdblack                                          Stage 1                                          Stage 2
      @ZJBogey2                                            Stage 1                                       Stage 2
    • By murfsurfandturf
      Loft:  10.5 Degree

Shaft:  Graphite / Fujikura Atmos Red 6 X-Flex (Stock Shaft)
      Graphite/Oban Kiyoshi White 65 Grams Stiff Flex {Exotic Shaft}

Length:  Standard

Grip:  Golf  Pride Midsize 

Headcover: M4 Standard Headcover/Oban Limited Edition Headcover
      Wrench: Included

Headweight: Stock weight/Additional 10 Gram weight  

Condition: Demo/Tour Van condition (slight imperfections}

All items shown in the pictures are included as a bundle. All stock items and exotic items included for $375 (does not include shipping)
      Message me or email me on Murfsurfandturfphotography@hotmail.com

• By Golfspy_CG2
      How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 
      PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 
      Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 
      And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?
      Well we're going to leave it to four dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   
      The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

HOW TO APPLY:
      in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province. -US and CN eligible. 
      2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed
      3. Your current driver
      4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT
      Pretty straightforward!

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

Congrats to the following testers:
      @jlukes @fixyurdivot @tony@CIC @PING Apologist #9
      Please see the post below for more details:

Edited April 2, 2018 by GolfSpy Rob (see edit history) 
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!