Testers Announced Tour Edge EXS Driver

Our Sponsors

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driv

EXTRA!   EXTRA!   EXTRA! Some golfers have an edge on others... ...but few have a TOUR edge. Join me in congratulating these 3 fine spies for being selected to test the MyGolfSpy most w

Wow! What a way to start the Friday morning and kick off the weekend! Thank you @GolfSpy Stroker and #TourEdge for the opportunity. I'll put it through the ringer and hopefully provide a great test an

Posted Images

Bob - Austin, TX

My current driver is Taylormade M3 /8.5 degrees /Hzrdus shaft /stiff

My handicap is 15 and swing speed is 105-110. I do not regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

I have not played a Tour Edge driver before (but I'm intrigued).

I could be a tester since I have a EXS driver and have gotten very familiar with it.  You don't even have to give me one!

warbirdlover

central Wisconsin

13.5 hdcp

100 mph swing speed

72 years old

Edited by warbirdlover
forgot some info

What's In the Bag

Tour Edge EXS 10.5° driver w/5.5 Projet X HZRDUS yellow shaft & std GolfPride Tour Velvet +4 grip
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15° 3-wood w/reg Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki shaft & std Lamkin Z5 TT grip
Titleist 915H 3 hybrid w/reg Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue HB 70 shaft & std Lamkin Z5 TT grip
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 4 hybrid w/stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki shaft & std Lamkin Z5 TT grip
Titleist AP1 714 irons 5-PW & GW w/reg True Temper XP95 R300 shafts & std GolfPride CP2 Pro grips
Tour Edge Exotics triple grind 60°/7° sand wedge & std TE grip
Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 putter with Winn 1.32" oversize grip
Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag

I was looking to test one of these this spring so I would love to do the analytical evaluation and report back.

First Name/State of Residence   Jim / Wisconsin

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex    TM RB / 9.5 adjusted up .5 / Matrix stock / Stiff

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection   9.5 index / use the monitors at Golf Galaxy 

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience   I have not used Tour Edge but I see them on the Sr. Tour so I was looking to test one out.

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM M5 Tensei Red Stiff

TM RBZ 3 wood

Wilson Fybred - next on the chopping block

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

Callaway Epic 9 degree project X 6.0 

GHIN 13

Boston, MA and Charlotte,NC

100-105 mph swing speed 

135-150 mph ball speed 

have played the epic for about 3 years. Not loving it. Got fitted into a high end shaft at a high end club fitter spent roughly 4 times what the exotics cost. Own one of their CBX hybrids which I love and bomb. Very interested in this. Plus I feel like it’s a time for a change. 

Hi, I am Dex U.  I am 65 (66 in July) and in Salina, KS.

I currently use a Ping G400 Max 10.5 degrees loft (Set to Neutral) and a stock R flex shaft.   My swing speed is under 100 mph and my average drive (usually straight) is about 210 - 220.

I have never play or even held a Tour Edge club in my hands but I'd love the chance and opportunity to be a tester.  I play once week with a regular group of golf buddies at the local municipal golf course.  I am not a "high roller" or that good a golfer.  My current handicap (playing from the senior tees) is about 12.8 and have no access to a swing speed thing or anything highly technical.

God bless and thanks for even taking a look at my "application".

Ashley Phoenix AZ

PING G400 LST Kuro Kage Stiff

Never played a Tour Edge before.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Brian in Illinois

Cobra Fly Z, 10.5 degree, 60 g Aidala regular flex shaft, align grip with 2 extra wraps

HDCP - 20, Swing Speed 94 mph, practice regularly at PFA Tour Superstore

I have never played a Tour Edge driver in past due to cost but have trialed them and thought they great.

Jim Bean - Tennessee

Bomb Tech Grenade, 9.0 degree, Stock Fujikura shaft, Stiff

0.5 index, 98-100mph, Ernest Sports ES-14 launch monitor

Played an Exotics EX-8 driver for a short time, but did not get the same level of performance from it that I have gotten from Tour Edge fairway woods and hybrids...have been playing the fairways and hybrids for more than fifteen years.

First Name/State of Residence?

Kevin   / North Carolina 

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex?

titkeist ts3   Ventus stiff shaft  1/2 over standard  midsize grip   9.5 loft set 1 degree open 

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection?

3.9 handicap   108-110 driver swing speed range      I only use data collection at range when practicing  

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience?

I didn't play the driver but had the "cult like" following 3 wood in my bag for years    It was like having a second driver and fabulous from the fairway and second cut.  

Scratch Kelly

Franklin, TN

Nate, Florida

Cobra Bio Cell+ / Set at 8* / Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 / Stiff

8.4 Handicap / 115 mph / I use a lower level launch monitor a couple of times a year at my home course to work on things or see where my issues are coming from.

Last summer, at a local demo day, I hit the Exotics EX10 and XJ1 drivers. The EX10 was my favorite of the two.  I felt it had a hot face, but wasn't blown away by the feel I got from a good swing.  All in all, I was very impressed with their entire club line however, and made it a point to demo their irons in my fitting process when I built a new set of irons over the winter.

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 

So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

Tour Edge EXS Driver Pic.jpg

How to be chosen:  

Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed

Please follow the instructions below exactly.

First Name/State of Residence

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.

Mark/Texas

Ping G400 Max/9 degrees/Tour AD TP-6/S flex

7 hdcp/109 mph/Own a launch monitor

Yes.  It was awesome, albeit brief at a demo day and I'm really intrigued by all that I have learned about the product.  I need more time to thoroughly evaluate as I am considering putting it in play right now. I am a student of equipment and the game and really like what I have learned about the product to date.

More on my background at prostryke.com

WITB: Ping i210 KBS Graphite100

Ping Glide 3.0 54-56-60 KBS Tour Stiff

Driver Ping 400 MAX Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

3-Wood Tour Edge EXS Pro 15-degree Tensi Orange S flex

Hybrid Tour Edge EXS Pro 19-degree Tensi Silver S flex

Hybrid Tour Edge EXS 22-degree Tensi Blue S flex

Putter - Evnroll ER5B