Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tour Edge EXS Driver

Our Sponsors

Jeff, KY

Dont currently play one

12 handicap, 107 mph, no

Played original exotics driver, still have.  Also play an exotics 4 wood, great products.

John/ Athens, Georgia, a great place to be!

I am currently gaming a Ping G400 with the Alta CB Shaft in stiff and set in the standard loft of 10.5 degrees

My handicap currently is sitting at 13.4 but trending down. I played all of last year with a partially torn rotator cuff. Got it fixed over the winter with Stem Cell treatment (a whole story in itself but a great outcome.....so far). I should be back in my traditional handicap range (10.5-11.5) in the next few GHIN cycles.

My swing speed is in the 85-90 mph range, which is solidly in the "R" flex range but have been fitted over and over to stiff due to tempo and transition. Not an ego thing at all and have had guys try to put me into TS in the past but I did refuse that!

I use a Voice Caddy SC200 monitor on a regular basis for the basics but have access to a GC2 through my club for the times that I want to get more serious about looking at what my swing is doing. 

I have never played a Tour Edge Driver but have played one of their hybrids many years ago with good success. I have been looking at the EXS due to several good write up's  both here as well as several other golf sites that I read regularly. It had piqued my interest but I just hadn't had a chance to get down to the PGA Tour Superstore in Atlanta to hit one on a Launch Monitor. 

I would really enjoy getting a crack at this as it was a club I was interested in anyway.

Sam Ramos 12929 S Muskegon Chicago 60633 it would be a great opportunity to try this club I had a exotic driver and 3 wood in the 90’s . I would love the opportunity to try them at

Hit my 8 iron 140

First Name/State of Residence

Chris/Oklahoma

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Rogue/9.5/paderson imrt/d20-firm

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data col

8/96mph/yes

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

No. Had several of my team(hs golf coach) have. But personally no. 

First Name/State of Residence     Michael / SC

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex   Titleist 917 D2 / 10.5 / Project X / R

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection  8.0 / 98mph / swing u app

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience.  No sir

First Name/State of Residence: Brian/Montana

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex: PXG 0811XF/9 degrees/Tensei Blue CK series 50 Regular

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection: Handicap:14, swing speed 95-100. I  have a Swing Caddie SC 200.  I also am a member of a golf simulator business that uses an About Golf simulator. 

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience: No 

Alan

Honolulu, Hawaii

Taylormade M6 D type 12'

Graphite Design IZ4 R2

12 hanidicap , swing speed 86 mph, use a flightscope at my local club fitter shop and optimize my clubs

never played any tour edge clubs before but looking forward to how it will compare to my 500$ tm m6

This would be a great opportunity!

US Resident

Rich - North Carolina

Ping G400 LST 8.5d (play 7d), pro shaft, stiff

10 handicap, 108 mph, use a launch monitor here and there

I've never played a Tour Edge driver, tested a hybrid last month but bought Ping 410, It looks like a great design but want to know more

Fossil

NC

Taylormade m1 8.5 degree speeder stiff shaft 

Looking forward to playing the Tour Edge driver. Interested in performance vs price.

Lester / Texas

G25/12* adj/ping reg

11.4/90/no

Never played Tour Edge

Member of San Antonio Senior Golf. 50 of us traveling to Las Vegas June 7-10.

Jim - Michigan

Ping G LS Tech Fujikura ATMOS 6 swing speed 107  Hndcp 11 never gamed aTourEdge club

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How good can a $299 Driver be?  How much technology can a company offer for that price?    TourEdge's EXS driver was recently named My Golf Spy's Most Wanted Driver in Value.   A $299 price for a driver is enough to get anyone's attention.  But upon  a closer look, you see a great looking driver that offers a lot of the same technology offered in much higher priced offerings, such as  Roll Face technology, adjustable hosel and interchangeable weights just to name a few. 

So as we often do, we are turning to three of our members who we know will provide a well informed and written account of the driver and what it did for them.  The chosen testers will get a driver to their specs to review and keep.   

Tour Edge EXS Driver Pic.jpg

How to be chosen:  

Open to all US Residents who play Right-handed

Please follow the instructions below exactly.

First Name/State of Residence

Current Drive specs  Model/loft/shaft/Flex

Your handicap and  driver swing speed, and do your regularly use any sort of LM for data collection

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience. 

We'll pick our testers sometime next week, so check back and good luck.

Name: Dave Chambers/Pennsylvania

Driver: Callaway Epic/ 10.5 loft/ Project X hzrds/55gm/ regular

Handicap: 11/ swing speed 89 mph/Skytrak LM

I have not played any Tour Edge driver other than testing them. I play 4/5 times/wk and at the range 4+ times/wk. I am addicted to testing new equipment from drivers to putters and on to golfballs

Corey from Massachusetts, My swing speed is 110 mph with a driver. I currently play a Titleist 915 D2 with a Pro Launch Axis Blue 65g stiff shaft. My HDC is 3 and I regularly use a GC2 HMT that I have access to. I've never played a Tour Edge driver before or have even hit one. Thanks! 

James / California

Titleist 915 D2 8.5° Aldila RIP Alpha 60 Stiff cut .5" down, running at 9.25°

8hdcp, swing speed ~103mph, hit a trackman once every few months

I have not played a Tour Edge driver 

:taylormade-small: SIM /  M1 Hybrid

:titelist-small:  913 F 3W / 716 AP1 4-PW / Vokey Wedges / Pro V1

:cameron-small: Newport 2 Refinished

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

Doug / New Jersey

Cobra Fly Z+ / set at 10.5°D / Matrix VLCT ST / stiff

19 hcp, swing speed ~90 mph. 

I do not regularly use LM.  I can go rent time at the PGA Tour Superstore if needed. 

I have not tried any Tour Edge product yet. 

Edited by knightsofnii
Added content

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

Randall in Alberta

TM R1 ,10.5, Stock Stiff Adila shaft, Stiff

HDCP=15 SS=110 LM= Negative, but if selected, I would def go to golftown and test it vs my regular gamer

Have you played a Tour Edge driver before, and what was your experience: Nope, but would love to give it a try!

Dick Read, Mesa AZ

Callaway Epic 9 degree

Swing speed 89

<p>Driver:  Callaway Epic 9 deg, Graphite design shaft stiff</p><p>Fairway:  TM M1v17/p><p>Irons:  Mission Hot Milled regular, 5 thru sw, TM Putter:  face</p><p>Ball:  Titelist Pro V1 or chrome soft X

Brian  / Illinois 

Ping G15 stiff shaft

Hdcp 10. SS about 100 mph.  I seem to be between and regardless and still flex.

I do not currently use a tracking device.

Never played Tour Edge, but I was considering getting fitted there because of your best value ranking, and I live about 20 minutes from their offices in St Charles, IL.

Thanks for the opportunity. 

Edited by "Mr. 72"

Ray Porter Rochester NY

Titleist 917 D

Fujikura Speeder

pro 74 tour spec stuff

Edited by Rayo
Forgot location criteria