Jump to content
Sluggo42

Ping G410 3-wood

Recommended Posts

The Ping van came to our club today and I worked with a real cool dude named Josh Patty. I hit a few different irons but as usual, didn’t hit anything I liked except the i500 irons. They seemed pretty good.. I was a bit tired as I had just completed my 36th hole for the day, so I can’t be too critical of any of them.

but the real surprise was hitting the 3-wood, the g410, and the sft. I wasn’t on the “scope” so i don’t have distances, but, hit after hit went long and straight, and high. They felt fantastic! Really a crisp and hot face. Best of all it was so easy to hit. It’s really got me questioning my good old Callaway 815 big Bertha now. 

There was a pretty decent crosswind from left to right, which made it seem as tho I was hitting a soft fade. So Josh set me up with the same in a sft  model and it then held tight against the wind. It might be too much draw without a wind but it really is an impressive 3-wood. It’s funny because I hit the “Callaway flash” 3-wood a month ago, and it didn’t give me a tingle down my leg like this one did. Not sure on distance either as this one was actually set at 16°, with an adjustment of 1.5° available either way, so I could play it anywhere from a 14.5 to a 17.5. So I guess it’s a 3-4 wood? Very,very interesting for sure.

maybe 4 years of tech has made a difference in 3-woods after all...🤔

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit this along with a few others the other day. Overall the g410 felt good but overall ended up going a different route. Did feel much better than the g400 though


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to a multi vendor demo day tomorrow and this club is at the top of my hit list.

Just from looking at the face on view it looks like they really hug the ground while the TS2 has a more rounded look to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Going to a multi vendor demo day tomorrow and this club is at the top of my hit list.
Just from looking at the face on view it looks like they really hug the ground while the TS2 has a more rounded look to it. 

Be careful if you try the hybrid... It’s a great club!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PMookie said:


Be careful if you try the hybrid... It’s a great club!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Going to try it to, but it'll be hard to knock the 818 h2 out of the bag 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I got the itch for a new 3 wood. I keep hearing the f9 is the deal too. But man, this g410 was sooooo easy to hit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a great year for fairway woods. I'm not planning on replacing my beloved Rogue, but there are a lot of great options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I’m missing out, I’ve been dying to try this out but I’m 3 hours away at a competitive dance competition for my kids.

I believe this will be my next purchase upon my return


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

They felt fantastic! Really a crisp and hot face. Best of all it was so easy to hit.

My exact impressions on the G400 3w I purchased a couple of weeks ago.  One of my regular foursome let me try his G SFT and I really liked it.  I was a little concerned about that style face being able to launch from the rough, one of the things my Callaway Warbird does well, but the G400 works well in those lies too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demo day was awesome today.  Literally hit every fairway wood on the market.

TaylorMade, Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Titleist, Cobra, Mizuno Ping and Tour Edge were all there with full fitting carts.

I really enjoyed hitting the Srixon and TaylorMade M5 fairway woods, but the winner of the day was actually the Ping G410 LST.

I tried the standard G410 first and loved it.  Really nice ball flight, but I noticed that I got some that spun a little too much (visually, no launch monitors).  I really had no intention of hitting the G410 LST, but my fitter (owner of the driving range) and my instructor were watching me hit balls and they said it couldn't hurt to try.

They were right.  The LST gave me a beautiful ball flight that wasn't too flat and wasn't too spinny.  It was definitely a ballflight that I could play into a long Par 5 green and definitely something that would be playable on short Par 4s.  After I hit about 4 balls with the LST, my instructor said "Jesus christ - you need to buy two of them!"

Well I didn't.

I only bought one.  Had to order it so I should get it in a week or so.

G410 LST 14.5, Ping Tour 75x.

I hit bombs with the TS2, but I've found it to be inconsistent on the course. The titleist has a very rounded sole and I found myself hitting more thin shots than I'd like. 

G410 has an expanded low toe and low heel section which really gives me a much more pleasing look when I sole the club on the ground. It feels more similar to the F8 that I had which gives me a ton of confidence when I hit it off the deck. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jlukes said:

 

I really enjoyed hitting the Srixon and TaylorMade M5 fairway woods, but the winner of the day was actually the Ping G410 LST.

I tried the standard G410 first and loved it.  Really nice ball flight, but I noticed that I got some that spun a little too much (visually, no launch monitors).  I really had no intention of hitting the G410 LST, but my fitter (owner of the driving range) and my instructor were watching me hit balls and they said it couldn't hurt to try.

They were right.  The LST gave me a beautiful ball flight that wasn't too flat and wasn't too spinny.  It was definitely a ballflight that I could play into a long Par 5 green and definitely something that would be playable on short Par 4s.  After I hit about 4 balls with the LST, my instructor said "Jesus christ - you need to buy two of them!"

Well I didn't.

I only bought one.  Had to order it so I should get it in a week or so.

G410 LST 14.5, Ping Tour 75x.

 

Interesting... my guy didn’t even tell me they had a LST in the 3-wood! But, maybe because the balls I was hitting didn’t show a need?

regardless, yes- they are very confidence building clubs ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm absolutely in love with this 3 wood. Monster off the tee and deck. Here's my usage from today. Every shot was off the tee except the 2nd shot on #7, which was off the fairway. 

I've never been more confident in a fairway wood in my life. I think I've found my Stenson 3wood 

Screenshot_20190717-191638.png

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I'm absolutely in love with this 3 wood. Monster off the tee and deck. Here's my usage from today. Every shot was off the tee except the 2nd shot on #7, which was off the fairway. 

I've never been more confident in a fairway wood in my life. I think I've found my Stenson 3wood 

Screenshot_20190717-191638.png

Those are just sick numbers.  Especially the ok me off the FW 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 11:14 PM, josmi15 said:

I believe I’m missing out, I’ve been dying to try this out but I’m 3 hours away at a competitive dance competition for my kids.

I believe this will be my next purchase upon my return


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know this is an old post.  So I'm not sure if you have done anything on this yet. 

I absolutely murdered my 3 SFT tonight from the fairway about 190 into a stiff breeze and because of trees lining the left I aimed a bit right and was hole high.  

I didn't have Arccos on for it as my data was off. 

I need to find the opportunity to hit this more often. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know this is an old post.  So I'm not sure if you have done anything on this yet. 

I absolutely murdered my 3 SFT tonight from the fairway about 190 into a stiff breeze and because of trees lining the left I aimed a bit right and was hole high.  

I didn't have Arccos on for it as my data was off. 

I need to find the opportunity to hit this more often. 

FYI you can use arccos with your phone without a data connection. I shut off my mobile data connection today at PV and left the GPS on and everything works flawlessly. They even suggest to do that on their own website if you're looking to conserve battery 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know this is an old post.  So I'm not sure if you have done anything on this yet. 
I absolutely murdered my 3 SFT tonight from the fairway about 190 into a stiff breeze and because of trees lining the left I aimed a bit right and was hole high.  
I didn't have Arccos on for it as my data was off. 
I need to find the opportunity to hit this more often. 

I’ve been drilling my 3W but it’s the oldest club in my bag , so this may be my new purchase!!!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm absolutely in love with this 3 wood. Monster off the tee and deck. Here's my usage from today. Every shot was off the tee except the 2nd shot on #7, which was off the fairway. 
I've never been more confident in a fairway wood in my life. I think I've found my Stenson 3wood 
Screenshot_20190717-191638.thumb.png.ed1a00968c009678b0d23554c7d6fc9f.png


Those numbers are great. I've been giving this club a lot of thought lately - it's the only one that could tempt me to get rid of my 3 wood.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jlukes said:

FYI you can use arccos with your phone without a data connection. I shut off my mobile data connection today at PV and left the GPS on and everything works flawlessly. They even suggest to do that on their own website if you're looking to conserve battery 

Ok, dumb question of the day.   How do you use GPS without an internet connection.  I actually tried to do that remembering what people said, but it couldn't search to find the course.   

It's a shame too, as I probably hit 3 of my longest drives of  the year, and couldn't track them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, dumb question of the day.   How do you use GPS without an internet connection.  I actually tried to do that remembering what people said, but it couldn't search to find the course.   

It's a shame too, as I probably hit 3 of my longest drives of  the year, and couldn't track them. 

You just download the course before you turn off your data. Just like an car with GPS and no internet connection the maps are stored on a hard drive and the GPS still updates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took a few range sessions, but I'm hitting the G400 3w well now.  Definitely a different feel than the Callaway WB sole and face I'd been playing for many years.  It does well out of minor rough - which was a concern I had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...