revkev

Rev goes to the prom

IMG_1719.thumb.JPG.fe0421fed8ec82ed63b116e6894c4213.JPG

So Penny’s prom date got injured and had surgery today. I filled in and was her date.

I have to say that the kids were great, the teacher chaperones first class, I wasn’t keen on the music. This is what my daughter looks like at her best. She was a delightful date. Had a wonderful time.

Other than the music and more tattoos it could have been my prom from 45 years ago.?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is awesome and Penny looks beautiful. My only regret from high school was that I blew off every prom or semi that I had. Well my senior year I may have been encouraged to not attend but still a moment in life that I missed out on. Kudos for making sure Penny had a special night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Looks like you had a great time! I’m sure the music wasn’t all bad!

• Like 2

Looks like you had a great time! I’m sure the music wasn’t all bad!

The music was actually fun - just different from 1974. :)

• Like 3

It's nice to see Penny smiling again!  I hope her date's injury wasn't serious... glad you filled in.  Yes, music is different today than in 1974, or in my case 1965, but my mom said the same thing about music in 1965 being different than in 1947!!  😂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Glad to hear you both had a good time.

• Like 2

Excellent.  Glad you got a chance to experience the music.😁  It's always fun to see kids in that environment.

• Like 2

Very nice Rev.

I’m sure you both had a better time at the Prom than if you’d had stayed home and watched the the Lightning game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Great job Rev! Penny looks awesome and I’m happy you both had a terrific time.

• Like 2

What a great dad thing to do!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Awesome! It’s great being a father to a daughter. Hope you had as much as her smile shows.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

This is awesome and Penny looks beautiful. My only regret from high school was that I blew off every prom or semi that I had. Well my senior year I may have been encouraged to not attend but still a moment in life that I missed out on. Kudos for making sure Penny had a special night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blew prom off too, don't regret it though I couldn't stand a bunch of people in my school.

20 hours ago, revkev said:

IMG_1719.JPG

So Penny’s prom date got injured and had surgery today. I filled in and was her date.

I have to say that the kids were great, the teacher chaperones first class, I wasn’t keen on the music. This is what my daughter looks like at her best. She was a delightful date. Had a wonderful time.

Other than the music and more tattoos it could have been my prom from 45 years ago.?

Rev you're a heck of a dad and I'm sure she was happy to have you there.

• Like 2

Very nice Rev.

I’m sure you both had a better time at the Prom than if you’d had stayed home and watched the the Lightning game.

Oh we were aware of that score all night. :(

• Like 2

Oh we were aware of that score all night. :(

I still remember going to prom and when picking up my date her dad was razzing me that the Devils were about to eliminate the Rangers that night. Well the Rangers won game 6 and 7 and went to the Finals.

Unfortunately, I left for basic training and didn’t see a television or newspaper for 3 weeks and found out later the Rangers won the Cup, didn’t get to experience it firsthand.

When I finally saw a newspaper a month later I was also a little confused on why OJ was in jail. Hadn’t heard about the crime or the Bronco chase.

• Like 1