Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

not watching the Masters

Big money

Are you considered a non avid golfer if you don’t watch or follow the Masters?Arguably the biggest weekend in all of golf.I for one am glued to the TV. But know many in my group who never - rarely watch it and rather play golf. What do you think?

Keep it in the short stuff

While I would definitely rather be playing golf than watching golf, that isn't happening today. Even if it was possible to play today the DVR would be set. For me this is my favorite tournament of the year and I want to watch as much as I can. I don't feel the same way about the PGA Championship and I am sure some people feel that way about other tournaments.

I guess to answer your question, I think you can be an avid golfer and not watch it but I won't be missing any of it if possible.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

While I would definitely rather be playing golf than watching golf, that isn't happening today. Even if it was possible to play today the DVR would be set. For me this is my favorite tournament of the year and I want to watch as much as I can. I don't feel the same way about the PGA Championship and I am sure some people feel that way about other tournaments.

I guess to answer your question, I think you can be an avid golfer and not watch it but I won't be missing any of it if possible.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Agree. But if I had to choose one day that was a must watch. It would be Sunday 

The Masters is the only tournament a I watch and I only watch on Sunday. I love golf but don’t really care for professional golf. No way I could watch 4 days of a tournament.

I’m shocked how many people have the time to watch 5-6 hours of coverage a day for 4 days straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I’ve been fortunate attending all 4 rounds of the masters back in 1996.It was an wonderful experience.Fast forward now, and I can careless.Its a complete travesty how this tourney has turned into a marketing endeavor.And just reeks of elitism and the extremely wealthy and privileged.This tourney hurts our great game.It completely shows the world that golf is only meant for a select few.If your not wealthy or not born Into it then you don't belong.Absolutely dread this time of year  

I'd rather be playing, however, my knee injury prevents me from enjoying play.  I will, therefore, enjoy watching the Masters from the comfort of my easy chair and enjoy the best of the best, the select few, compete to determine who will prevail and capture the jacket. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

25 minutes ago, deejaid said:

The Masters is the only tournament a I watch and I only watch on Sunday. I love golf but don’t really care for professional golf. No way I could watch 4 days of a tournament.

I’m shocked how many people have the time to watch 5-6 hours of coverage a day for 4 days straight.

when it comes to The Open I watch 12 hrs a day- Love it, just love it!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Was at the 2001 masters for the Friday round. And just love this tourney. Also met a young lady 25 years younger than me at this event. We had a quick fling / one night stand later that evening.But was just an incredible experience I will never forget.  Not only the golf event but the fun later that night in my hotel room 

25 minutes ago, Twofer said:

Was at the 2001 masters for the Friday round. And just love this tourney. Also met a young lady 25 years younger than me at this event. We had a quick fling / one night stand later that evening.But was just an incredible experience I will never forget.  Not only the golf event but the fun later that night in my hotel room 

Sounds like you won a green jacket yourself that weekend. We had a rumor from a few members that had many conversations with both Jack and Arnie in the day . They as well had many one night flings during the Masters in Augusta. Just rumor 

OK, it sounds like it is better in person than on tv.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I’ve been fortunate attending all 4 rounds of the masters back in 1996.It was an wonderful experience.Fast forward now, and I can careless.Its a complete travesty how this tourney has turned into a marketing endeavor.And just reeks of elitism and the extremely wealthy and privileged.This tourney hurts our great game.It completely shows the world that golf is only meant for a select few.If your not wealthy or not born Into it then you don't belong.Absolutely dread this time of year  

I wouldn't agree. From my perspective it's a magical place that draws great players and fans. Marketing? Is it any different than the Super Bowl or other major professional sports events?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Are you considered a non avid golfer if you don’t watch or follow the Masters?Arguably the biggest weekend in all of golf.I for one am glued to the TV. But know many in my group who never - rarely watch it and rather play golf. What do you think?

I did both. Played 18 this morning then began watching late this afternoon.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I wouldn't agree. From my perspective it's a magical place that draws great players and fans. Marketing? Is it any different than the Super Bowl or other major professional sports events?

You just don’t get it.When your on one side of the tracks versus the other 

4 hours ago, Edveed said:

Its a complete travesty how this tourney has turned into a marketing endeavor.And just reeks of elitism and the extremely wealthy and privileged.This tourney hurts our great game.It completely shows the world that golf is only meant for a select few.If your not wealthy or not born Into it then you don't belong.Absolutely dread this time of year  

Regardless of the topic... that's one of the saddest posts I think I've ever read so I'll just leave it there.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

We should call you onefer!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I would play over watching in a heart beat although this year’s leaderboard had changed my mind. I was planning to watch. That’s off the table now. :(

While many of you are just starting your seasons ours is transitioning from very high peasant conditions to golf in to very hot and humid - I always watch the final round of both opens - the Masters? Not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'd play in a heartbeat and DVR the Masters, however it's still white outside instead of green so I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow morning.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

For us boys born and raised in the South it is tradition---- I have had the privilege of attending the event 7 times over the years. The last time was 20 years ago. Normally if the opportunity presents itself I will play golf myself and tape it. Yesterday I was sorta laid up with a joint inflammation in my left foot. I did do some modifications on my Scotty putter and putted about 2 hours with it yesterday morning and then yesterday afternoon. So I saw some of it and taped the rest and watched it this morning. And yes I purchased some Palmetto Pimento brand pimento cheese for the weekend which is about as close to the Pimento Cheese sandwiches at August as one can get. If you think ANGC looks good on HDTV you ought to be there in person. As far as the other majors especially the US Open I could give two hoots less

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hope the joint inflammation gets better. All my buddies that have been there said it’s greener in person. It’s on my bucket list

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

For us boys born and raised in the South it is tradition---- I have had the privilege of attending the event 7 times over the years. The last time was 20 years ago. Normally if the opportunity presents itself I will play golf myself and tape it. Yesterday I was sorta laid up with a joint inflammation in my left foot. I did do some modifications on my Scotty putter and putted about 2 hours with it yesterday morning and then yesterday afternoon. So I saw some of it and taped the rest and watched it this morning. And yes I purchased some Palmetto Pimento brand pimento cheese for the weekend which is about as close to the Pimento Cheese sandwiches at August as one can get. If you think ANGC looks good on HDTV you ought to be there in person. As far as the other majors especially the US Open I could give two hoots less

Big Stu: this stuff

D9D32555-0C39-4D20-B9F2-FBBF018F7D20.jpeg

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I made a Masters Sunday Pimento Cheese recipe (it wasn't the real deal) a few years back.  I think it required 3 different types of cheese and some other non-standard ingredients. Kind of a fancy PC. My sandwich ended up costing me about $35. LOL  Honestly, I love PC so I just stick with a basic blend. Around here I prefer Price's for a grocery store find.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

5 hours ago, josmi15 said:

Hope the joint inflammation gets better. All my buddies that have been there said it’s greener in person. It’s on my bucket list

Absolutely and the sweet smell of all the flowers and the grass itself. I like being on any golf course early in the morning and have been on quite a few. But the fresh mown grass there smells like no other place on earth I have ever been. And if you know golf history like I do it is amazing when you see the sights and sounds. I do not get into politics at all so I could care less if the ANGC members are Autocratic or Democratic. 

My inflammation is ok> It was a touch of gout caused by me eating too much imported or farm raised shrimp the last 2 weeks. Regular shrimp out of the Inlet here does not affect me much. I am on a BP pill anyhow that has a diuretic in it anyhow. My MD who is a golf bud anyhow told me what to do. Lay off the shrimp rest it up drink plenty of water and pee a lot. I am ok now I am going to practice in a few

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Right ON ! Brother you got it!!!! Made right down the road about 8 miles from me

G

4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

I made a Masters Sunday Pimento Cheese recipe (it wasn't the real deal) a few years back.  I think it required 3 different types of cheese and some other non-standard ingredients. Kind of a fancy PC. My sandwich ended up costing me about $35. LOL  Honestly, I love PC so I just stick with a basic blend. Around here I prefer Price's for a grocery store find.

Rookie Blue who used to be on here a lot had the recipe and posted it on here one year--- I made it and it was ok then someone here at the beach turned me on to Palmetto Pimento--- And yes I have been to Texas many times and that Price's is good too. Used to eat that stuff all the time. I have gotten older and that stuff tends to clog me up some if I eat it like I used too but then again that is one of the uses for Epson Salts

G

Had the choice of playing 18 with friends or watching the last two hours of the Masters.  We had a great day..sunny, 75 degrees and no wind.  I did not play all that well, but it sure was a great day on the golf course with friends.  I would not trade that for all of the TV coverage of any golf tournament.

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

As long as the leaderboard appeals to me, Im watching over playing on Sunday. Being on the west coast, I have plenty of time after to play after if I want. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

15 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Be careful posting things like this here. @BIG STU and I will be knocking on your door for lunch tomorrow! 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

18 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Be careful posting things like this here. @BIG STU and I will be knocking on your door for lunch tomorrow! 

You know you are welcome. We can go to the Kroger right across the street get us a tub of Palmetto Pimento and a loaf of bread and there you go. I also use it as a dip with chips too

G

Masters, The Open and US Open imo are must watch

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1