Do we have any MGS's playing in the Golf Channel AM Tour?  It would be nice to know who we should be rooting for.

http://gcamtour.com/join/

This looks like a pretty cool format, providing as near a tour pro experience as those interested could hope for.  Definitely sounds fun, but for those that do well, it might also get a bit expensive.  Do you suppose many get some level of sponsorship support to offset cost of travel, round fees, etc.?

Do we have any MGS's playing in the Golf Channel AM Tour?  It would be nice to know who we should be rooting for.
This looks like a pretty cool format, providing as near a tour pro experience as those interested could hope for.  Definitely sounds fun, but for those that do well, it might also get a bit expensive.  Do you suppose many get some level of sponsorship support to offset cost of travel, round fees, etc.?
I'm playing in the GolfWeek Am tour. Pretty similar set up, but less expensive tournaments. This is the first year it's come to my area so I'm really excited to compete.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

So do you (most) only play these events in your local area - winners advancing onto events outside their area?
I am in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio region. There are 10 events in that region which I will play. But I can enter into any tour event across the nation.

The tour administrator already sent a message asking if anyone from Cleveland wanted to play the season opener event in Columbus. So I could drive down to Columbus, Cincy, Pittsburgh and play any of those events as long as I pay the entry fee. I'll be entered into a flight by handicap and gross stroke play from there.

It looks like at the end of the year there is an Ohio vs. Kentucky match and then regional and national championships.

Maybe I could do a tourney tracker blog...

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I played on the GCAT for a few seasons (now several years ago), and really enjoyed the competition. It did get expensive, so now just focused on playing with friends, locally, and club ho-ing. LOL.

As far as I know, there is no individual sponsorship involved. Even the prizes cannot be straight cash so-as to allow the individual players to maintain their amateur status. In a couple of tournaments, we had a college guy playing, and he won both that I was in (though he was in a lower score flight). He was a bit upset he didn’t win cash, so immediately “sold” his Golf Galaxy gift cards that he won to someone else at a bit of a discount so he had cash in hand. LOL.
  • Haha 1