TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike vapor fly pro irons

LoganT

Anyone currently playing these or played them in the past? Just picked up a set because I wanted a little more forgiveness in my irons. I don’t have as much time to play and practice as I did in the past. Got rid of the Cleveland 588 cb/mb irons but still have a set of hogan redlines in the basement if I just want to play blades.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

5 hours ago, LoganT said:

Anyone currently playing these or played them in the past? Just picked up a set because I wanted a little more forgiveness in my irons. I don’t have as much time to play and practice as I did in the past. Got rid of the Cleveland 588 cb/mb irons but still have a set of hogan redlines in the basement if I just want to play blades.

Never gamed them but have tried them on several occasions - really, really liked them. Forgiving but still compact and I really dug the black and blue look. Nike got those right. We had a Forum Review all set to go on these just when Nike pulled the plug on golf equipment....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Strong set of irons. I was a Nike player till I got my new Hogans. Those will definitely do the job for you.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Well guys after spending a little range time with the nikes I have decided they will be staying in the bag. They feel almost as good as the forged Cleveland’s I had before them and they perform better for me as well. They also look damn good so that’s a plus too.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: took the nikes out for a round last weekend and hit them terribly high. I had absolutely no confidence with them whatsoever and I was losing distance. I think the problem was the stock shaft in them. Just not the right shaft for me. Long story short, I worked out a deal to get my Cleveland irons back and couldn’t be happier.