Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Fujikura Ventus

Thin2win

6 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

This is all great feedback, I was able to hit the non Tour Spec Atmos Blue and that held pretty stable at the tip as well.  

May try the Kuro Kage.  Unfortuantely, Mizuno does not offer a ton in shaft offerings.  Such a great head though

Check ebay or golf club traders on Facebook to see if you can find one cheap

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

38 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

This is all great feedback, I was able to hit the non Tour Spec Atmos Blue and that held pretty stable at the tip as well.  

May try the Kuro Kage.  Unfortuantely, Mizuno does not offer a ton in shaft offerings.  Such a great head though

I will likely have a Hzrdus Red available for sale soon that may fit the profile you are looking for.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

52 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I will likely have a Hzrdus Red available for sale soon that may fit the profile you are looking for.

Based on my experience with ventus and hzrdus the red isn’t even close. The red is an hzrdus black with a softer tip. The ei profiles of the hzrdus red and black are nowhere near that if the ventus

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

21 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

came across the UST PV 2 Black it looks comparable thoughts?

Pv2 Black is just color version of the ust pv2 shaft. With that said the ventus plays a bit stiffer. Both are great options.

im one who like to tinker and haven’t had an issue spending some cash on aftermaths shafts in the past. For some taking a blind leap on a shaft isn’t feasible. With most shafts one isn’t going to recover the cost of a failed experiment. If money isn’t an issue trying any aftermarket shaft can be fun.  Lots of good options out there like ventus which has lots of your use, accra tz5/6 which is a popular option that txg has been fitting people into, ust has a great lineup in line, attas line and proforce. Graphite design always puts out great stuff.

Back onto the ventus. I know the velocore works as advertised and a great option. Key thing is get the right weight in the right flex

I had been gaming ventus black for a couple of months.   I did not get fitted  but bought into the hype.  I Was coming from a fitted tz5.    At first the ventus seemed great.  I was definitely a bit tighter in dispersion.    For whatever reason though I was losing 10-15 yards,   Finally went on trackman and saw that my spin dropped to below 1800 and my ball was just dropping out of the air.   Since then I have switched to the graphite design xc and it is a dream come true.  Amazing dispersion and my distance is back. 

btw this is my first post!  Wrx was getting a bit stale and I thought I would try someplace new.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I had been gaming ventus black for a couple of months.   I did not get fitted  but bought into the hype.  I Was coming from a fitted tz5.    At first the ventus seemed great.  I was definitely a bit tighter in dispersion.    For whatever reason though I was losing 10-15 yards,   Finally went on trackman and saw that my spin dropped to below 1800 and my ball was just dropping out of the air.   Since then I have switched to the graphite design xc and it is a dream come true.  Amazing dispersion and my distance is back. 

btw this is my first post!  Wrx was getting a bit stale and I thought I would try someplace new.

Welcome to MGS!!!! We look forward to having you around for a good while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Welcome to MGS!!!! We look forward to having you around for a good while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, I love talking golf lol. It is an addiction

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

On 1/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, hartrick11 said:

+1 for the Ventus. It has substantially reduced my left-right dispersion with the driver. It is so stable, but I can still feel the club loading, nothing like the HZRDUS black that I struggled with for a while. I need to save up to get it in my 3w as well...

What made you choose ventus blue over black?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

On 3/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Before the lockdown, I was able to get a few rounds under my belt with a new Ventus Blue and Sim Max head.  Coming from a G400 Max with AD-VR, this thing is a hook machine - but may just be the lower MOI head.  The combo definitely goes though. 

6 hours ago, MysteryV said:

Before the lockdown, I was able to get a few rounds under my belt with a new Ventus Blue and Sim Max head.  Coming from a G400 Max with AD-VR, this thing is a hook machine - but may just be the lower MOI head.  The combo definitely goes though. 

Interesting, I have never hit g400 but I hit flash with vr and I could not figure that shaft out.  Left right left right....

12 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Interesting, I have never hit g400 but I hit flash with vr and I could not figure that shaft out.  Left right left right....

I feel very much the same.  The VR definitely didn't have the feel of the DI for me, and didn't seem particularly biased one way or the other.  Pretty decent results on average, but not on any given shot.

10 hours ago, MysteryV said:

I feel very much the same.  The VR definitely didn't have the feel of the DI for me, and didn't seem particularly biased one way or the other.  Pretty decent results on average, but not on any given shot.

The xc is my new best friend 

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Did you try Ventus Blue?

I went through a driver shaft fitting for my birthday last month.  The process was frustrating and tiring in the same right.   The fitter ended up saying the shaft I bought for my G410 was better than anything I tried fitting into.  I bought an Even Flow shaft to replace the normal shaft that came with the club.  Also, the individual told me my swing was off, and that I needed to fix that first.  Great thing to hear during a fitting.  I prefer truth though rather than sugar coating BS.  I went back to the pro I used to in order to have him take a look the day after.  I am 6' 6" and I hit down on the ball quite a bit.  I'm now working to hit up on the ball more.  Kind of wish I would have known that prior to wasting $75 dollars.  At least it feels like I wasted it.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

On 3/21/2020 at 9:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Welcome to the forum!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Did you try Ventus Blue?

I have not.   I have looked at the ei curve though.  It too seems like it would fit me well.  I tend to gravitate to shafts with softer butt ends and stiffer tips.

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, Fujikura Golf said:

Did you try Ventus Blue?

The single most impactful addition to my game was putting this on my driver.  I'm longer and straighter.  It's a lot easier playing from the fairway or just off of vs hitting out of the trees/muck/dropping a ball due to water.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, the great spinks said:

The single most impactful addition to my game was putting this on my driver.  I'm longer and straighter.  It's a lot easier playing from the fairway or just off of vs hitting out of the trees/muck/dropping a ball due to water.

love to hear this!

• 3 weeks later...

I have one and IMO they are well worth the money. Make sure to get fitted first. Nice they have the different profiles for launch angle.

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x

• 4 weeks later...

On paper with my harsh transition and 115 club head speed, black would have been the magic shaft, i was able to do on course with both and blue just gave me so much more feel with just as tight dispersion. Blue is threatening my ZF to stay in the bag, waiting on my new TSi3 for which shaft wins. For my 2 hybrid, the ventus blue is amazing and has made having a fairway wood no longer necessary. 

If you haven’t tried the blue give it a go, it may surprise you. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Man, with the hybrid shaft out now, i wish I would have inserted this into my PXG 0311X instead of the smoke black and my sub70 3H. I guess we will never know now. Just read so much goodness on this, made me face palm and say *stupid stupid*

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review