Thin2win

Fujikura Ventus

Our Sponsors

What specs are you looking for that can’t be found on the websites?

LM numbers.

I’ve seen many claim tighter dispersion and those results would be easier to find by talking to players who’ve been fit into one of these.

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

LM numbers.

I’ve seen many claim tighter dispersion and those results would be easier to find by talking to players who’ve been fit into one of these.

Those are going to very from golfer to golfer. Even someone with same ss and/or tempo as another will probably see different numbers. Clubhead, loft and ball are going to play factors. 

Theres a thread on wrx for the ventus black and another for member reviews for all 3 shafts. Those should have some on numbers

• Like 1

Those are going to very from golfer to golfer. Even someone with same ss and/or tempo as another will probably see different numbers. Clubhead, loft and ball are going to play factors. 

Theres a thread on wrx for the ventus black and another for member reviews for all 3 shafts. Those should have some on numbers

I’ll check that out, thanks.

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

You’re showing some legit differences that justify it. If CC has a driver fitting sale in the future I’m going.

For what it's worth I just went through a fitting at Club Champion this week and the Ventus Blue 6X beat out my Hzrdus Smoke Black shaft (stock Callaway) hands down.  Spin was pretty low for both shafts but carry and total distance increased quite a bit with the Ventus.  Most importantly that nice little dispersion circle shrunk with the Ventus.

2136642220_VentusBlue.JPG.ceb99aeba9bb2612d81fb9ce107485f1.JPG

• Like 2

For what it's worth I just went through a fitting at Club Champion this week and the Ventus Blue 6X beat out my Hzrdus Smoke Black shaft (stock Callaway) hands down.  Spin was pretty low for both shafts but carry and total distance increased quite a bit with the Ventus.  Most importantly that nice little dispersion circle shrunk with the Ventus.

That’s not even close...that’s what I’m talking about!

8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Were you fit for the hzrdus shaft in that head? I would be curious to see how the ventus plays out for you. 1700 spin might be great on launch monitors but that is an spin that could be no bueno on the course. Typically with lower spin like that one would want higher launch to keep the ball in the air. 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

That’s not even close...that’s what I’m talking about!

Most pros wouldn’t play those numbers. 

We’re not pros.

Also, this isn’t WRX. I was here looking for help...if you’re just going to keep throwing jabs at me I’d prefer you move along.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, bens197 said:

We’re not pros.

Also, this isn’t WRX. I was here looking for help...if you’re just going to keep throwing jabs at me I’d prefer you move along.

You are right we aren’t pros and the slower we swing the more spin we need. Bucky is about 4 mph slower than the avg tour pro and is getting roughly 700rpm less that what pros look for with similar launch.

low spin and more carry and total may look good on a launch monitor but may not be playable on the course. Spin is what keeps the ball in the air, hit a bad shot where spin drops off and that ball goes nowhere. 

theres a lot of things in a shaft and head combo that go into dispersion and launch. To each their own but looking at one persons swing numbers between two shafts only shows what the shaft will do for that person. 

• Like 1

You are right we aren’t pros and the slower we swing the more spin we need. Bucky is about 4 mph slower than the avg tour pro and is getting roughly 700rpm less that what pros look for with similar launch.
low spin and more carry and total may look good on a launch monitor but may not be playable on the course. Spin is what keeps the ball in the air, hit a bad shot where spin drops off and that ball goes nowhere. 
theres a lot of things in a shaft and head combo that go into dispersion and launch. To each their own but looking at one persons swing numbers between two shafts only shows what the shaft will do for that person. 

Thanks for clarifying. Finding that sweet spot of optimal launch and spin is definitely a case by case basis.

This is what I’m learning from those of you who are well read and experienced on this subject.

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Thanks for clarifying. Finding that sweet spot of optimal launch and spin is definitely a case by case basis.

This is what I’m learning from those of you who are well read and experienced on this subject.

That’s where a good fitting comes into play. The truth is that if one is properly fit for shaft and head combo an aftermarket shaft isn’t going to make a world of difference in launch numbers.

So many read low launch and/or low spin shaft and think that it’s going to lower their numbers but thousands of rpms or significant launch angle. I’ve had the pleasure to meet and spend time with the brains behind some shaft companies and they have all said a shaft isn’t going to drop 1000 rpm regardless if it’s profile. 

the shaft can influence how one delivers the club which will improve swing path and delivery this influencing launch numbers but the shaft itself won’t change numbers drastically.

there is a lot of hype around the ventus and it’s a great shaft but so is the graphite design ad, Accra tz5/6, ust attas line and the lin-q. I’ve swung several in the same head and other than feel the numbers weren’t significantly different 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Were you fit for the hzrdus shaft in that head? I would be curious to see how the ventus plays out for you. 1700 spin might be great on launch monitors but that is an spin that could be no bueno on the course. Typically with lower spin like that one would want higher launch to keep the ball in the air. 

The Hzrdus was the best stock shaft for me when I went through a fitting last year.  The Ventus was the best exotic when I went to Club Champion.  I tried about 10 different shafts including the Graphite Design and Accra shafts you listed.

"Most pros wouldn’t play those numbers."  Not sure how to respond to that comment.  I'm not a pro, never have been, and never will be.  The Ventus Blue was the best shaft FOR ME.  I would hope everyone on this forum would be smart enough to do their own fitting and not buy something based on another's numbers.

• Like 1

I have been playing this shaft for the past 4 rounds.  I have to say that it is a stable shaft, and I find that my misses are better with this shaft.  It is still too early in the process to know for sure, but I am encouraged with the initial results, and hope it continues on the same path.

• Like 1

Congrats! I saw a big reduction in dispersion with the Ventus as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Hzrdus was the best stock shaft for me when I went through a fitting last year.  The Ventus was the best exotic when I went to Club Champion.  I tried about 10 different shafts including the Graphite Design and Accra shafts you listed.
"Most pros wouldn’t play those numbers."  Not sure how to respond to that comment.  I'm not a pro, never have been, and never will be.  The Ventus Blue was the best shaft FOR ME.  I would hope everyone on this forum would be smart enough to do their own fitting and not buy something based on another's numbers.

Play what you like and feel comfortable with. That’s all that matters. Everything else is just “noise”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I've heard such great things about this shaft.  I had a fitting at Club Champion about 1 1/2 years ago and was fit into the Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X and had a much better dispersion circle at the fitting, but real life results have been better, but not nearly as good as the fitting.  

Unfortunately, the Ventus shaft wasn't available at that point, but will try a few local fitters to see who has one in stock that I can try.  If a local course fitter has one in stock I may try to do a playing fitting so that I can really get a real life perspective.

I won a SIM max 3W with the Ventus Blue FW-5R shaft at a recent PGA superstore opening, and for a stock shaft where I wasn't fit this thing IS A WEAPON. I have never hit such great shots from the fairway with a 3W in my life. 220 yds all day long with minimal dispersion. I haven't gone through extensive LM testing but in real life it pretty much goes where I am aiming!!

Looking forward to upgrading the 5w and Hybrids similarly.

10 minutes ago, J_L_35 said:

I won a SIM max 3W with the Ventus Blue FW-5R shaft at a recent PGA superstore opening, and for a stock shaft where I wasn't fit this thing IS A WEAPON. I have never hit such great shots from the fairway with a 3W in my life. 220 yds all day long with minimal dispersion. I haven't gone through extensive LM testing but in real life it pretty much goes where I am aiming!!

Looking forward to upgrading the 5w and Hybrids similarly.

That shaft is ventus in name only. It’s the made for shaft. the after market shaft will have velocre printed on the shaft.

Nothing wrong with the made for as it’s designed to fit the vast majority of golfers and it’s working for you. 

I'm interested in hearing from someone that has played some recent LS/LL shafts and how this one compares.  I keep reading how this shaft feels so stable.  My most recent shafts that I have liked/played are the Aldila NV 2KXV Green, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White and Oban Kiyoshi Black.

I'm curious to see what CC suggests when I eventually have them dial in my new clubs. The Ventus is very intriguing to me, but I do wonder if it would be a bit overkill (on price) for me. I could certainly stand to see some improvement, but I'm already longer than the average golfer and have little trouble finding the short grass - most days. 

24 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'm curious to see what CC suggests when I eventually have them dial in my new clubs. The Ventus is very intriguing to me, but I do wonder if it would be a bit overkill (on price) for me. I could certainly stand to see some improvement, but I'm already longer than the average golfer and have little trouble finding the short grass - most days. 

It’s a good shaft if one gets in the right flex and weight. It’s tip stiff and the tech works for improving dispersion. My issue was days where my swing was off distance suffered due to the launch.